Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does it matter anymore to have same brand equipment?

MrBandit

When I started golfing not too long ago, every bag I saw was the same equipment thru out the bag, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Cobra, Wilson, etc.etc.
But now everyone seems to have a mix bag, either one Brand of woods, with another brand of Iron, to Wedges and Hybrids.

SO I have a couple of question;  

1. Does having standard brand name equipment in the  whole bag matters? 
  2. With a mix bag of equipment do you feel lack of consistency going from ie. TaylorMade Irons, to Titleist Wedges, to Callaway drivers.etc.?

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

When I started golfing not too long ago, every bag I saw was the same equipment thru out the bag, Mizuno, Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Cobra, Wilson, etc.etc.

But now everyone seems to have a mix bag, either one Brand of woods, with another brand of Iron, to Wedges and Hybrids.

2. With a mix bag of equipment do you feel lack of consistency going from ie. TaylorMade Irons, to Titleist Wedges, to Callaway drivers.etc.?

People play mixed bags because they like the specific club or because those particular models work best for them.

Clubs are intended to help you achieve specific results; put the club in the bag that enables you to do that.

No, there isn’t anything special about clubs that requires a transition.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1. No it does not. Some people chose to do it because they are huge fans of the brand . Others do it because manufacturers tend to make hybrids and woods blend into their ironsets now and it helps with gapping. 

I also think there is a little tour influence in the sense a few years ago it seemed like a lot fewer players played with mixed bags than they do now

2. From a consistency stand point, I do like my woods to feel similar to an extent, however if I get better performance from using clubs from different manufacturers why bog myself down using just 1?

I think more people are taking a performance based approach than ever especially with the amount of data we have access to so it makes sense people would now pick clubs with the best numbers. Additionally some manufacturers really stand out in different parts of the game, and that was really true several years ago. Now everyone has started to make long drivers, high launching hybrids, forgiving and/or precise irons, and solid wedges. People have more choice than ever so why limit yourself?

Especially if none of them are sending you checks for using their gear.

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

People play mixed bags because they like the specific club or because those particular models work best for them.

Clubs are intended to help you achieve specific results; put the club in the bag that enables you to do that.

No, there isn’t anything special about clubs that requires a transition.

I agree that you put the clubs in your bag that best performed for you.

I think the trend of having one type of brand in your bag and has change in the last 3-4 years, where now it doesn't matter as long as it works. There doesn't seem to be no more loyal to only one brand. I think fitting has add it to this since, places like Club Champion give you all of the different options to optimized YOUR game and they will put different irons, woods etc.

As far as transition, what I was getting at with that, each brand has a particular feel and if you are expecting to get that feel and get a different one, is that a big deal (you get use to it of course) You know is a big difference feel going from a Mizuno to a Titleist.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

2 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

I agree that you put the clubs in your bag that best performed for you.

I think the trend of having one type of brand in your bag and has change in the last 3-4 years, where now it doesn't matter as long as it works. There doesn't seem to be no more loyal to only one brand. I think fitting has add it to this since, places like Club Champion give you all of the different options to optimized YOUR game and they will put different irons, woods etc.

As far as transition, what I was getting at with that, each brand has a particular feel and if you are expecting to get that feel and get a different one, is that a big deal (you get use to it of course) You know is a big difference feel going from a Mizuno to a Titleist.

True, but the mizuno buttery feel you get with their irons isn't necessarily what I want in my wedges, nor would I necessarily get that same feel in the woods. I think part of it is I am willing to overlook a different feel if the results of using another brands clubs are much better. Also, performance wise sometimes the brand you want doesn't make a club in the shape or with the tech you want.

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

It probably never mattered, but that’s how most people shopped for clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Doesn't matter now....didn't matter then.  Probably just more noticeable now due to the heavier emphasis on club fittings and marketing.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

IMO no it does not. Rather it matters that each club in your bag fits you and can be used for a certain purpose(s).

Side story: I am guilty of brand loyalty to some extent but play mixed sets. Now I am a club junkie and have a fun little side project where I am attempting to build

my favorite OEM brand (Ping) full set in a bag (driver to  lw, putter) but with different models. So all Pings but different model irons for example (I210 pw, I500 6-9, glide 3.0 sw/lw, etc).

So far I have lw to 6 iron. Next club is hybrid. But this a backup set and something I wanted to try.

Doesn’t matter. If someone did a full bag fitting for one brand they would be just fine. 

What matter is you play what makes you happy and makes you want to play golf or practice

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Absolutely doesn't matter.

At the end of the day if you're a fanboy for a particular brand and it makes you happy to have one OEM for all of your sticks, go for it, but don't do it because you're convinced one company has just figured it out and is better than all the others.  No way, and "better" is subjective anyway...what's better for one might not be better for another.  Get fit and play what fits your eye, has you confident over the ball, and works best for you. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

As many have already said it doesn't really matter. A lot of same brand set ups have to do with preferable to a brand and in some cases the fitters preference to a brand. One of the big terms used by MGS is be your own brand. The really holds true in a good fit process where it's unlikely you would get fit into a single brand top to bottom.

That being said depending on where you are in your golfing career and budget sometimes buying a good boxed set (TM and Cobra have had good ones in the past) then slowly upgrading different areas can be a great way to get started. 

For me personally there are certain brands I prefer over others, yet I still carry clubs from a variety because they are what work and are best for me. In the end if it works and I like it I don't really care which company it came from.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

21 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

For me personally there are certain brands I prefer over others, yet I still carry clubs from a variety because they are what work and are best for me. In the end if it works and I like it I don't really care which company it came from.

If anything for me I have no real brand loyalties, just a few "hell no's" that I won't play.  Primarily, TM.  They never fit the eye, and it's hard for me not to resent some of the marketing shenanigans they seem to be more guilty of than most. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 hours ago, MrBandit said:

1. It doesn't matter at all, use what works for your game and your swing type.

2. With a mixed bag i'm more consistent, every club in my bag is a club I hit well. I have Callaway, Adams, Cleveland and mizuno's they are all clubs that I know preform well for me and the biggest thing is confidence. When I pull out my wedges I know they are going to do what I want them to do. Not because of a brand but because I have confidence in hitting them.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

The only time I ever saw one brand throughout the bag was caddying at the country club. I think it was pretty standard awhile ago that club pros had more direct relationships with manufacturers and reps. They were expected to be part of the sales team and push the product. My club was a Callaway club, and if you didn't like Callaway you had Ping.

I have all Titleist other than hybrid and putter. But if something else came along that verifiably gave me better stats I'd switch.

I was fit into the driver over Callaway & Taylormade.

The 3 wood was the best price on ebay.

The irons gave the best stats on the monitor at GG over Mizuno & Ping.

The wedges offer the best grinds for my style of play, which is odd. I have a steep attack so I should play high bounce, but I play the lowest I can buy, which is 4* in my 58.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

38 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

think it was pretty standard awhile ago that club pros had more direct relationships with manufacturers and reps.

It’s still pretty common for teaching pros and head pros to have staff deals. It’s probably rare to find one that doesn’t. I can’t think of a pro ive gone to for lessons or saw working at a course that didn’t have a staff deal. Heck my old fitter had one and the current has been offered one several times

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I've never had a bag with all the same brand.  Came close once with MacGregor in 2004.  If I had known about the MacGregor Bobby Grace putter, I would have.  I even had a MacGregor Staff bag.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've never had a bag with all the same brand.  Came close once with MacGregor in 2004.  If I had known about the MacGregor Bobby Grace putter, I would have.  I even had a MacGregor Staff bag.
I miss Macgregor. I gamed my V-Foil driver until 2015. My first irons were Nicklaus Muirfield 20th Anny, I still have them too.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

4 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I miss Macgregor. I gamed my V-Foil driver until 2015. My first irons were Nicklaus Muirfield 20th Anny, I still have them too.

Take Dead Aim

Yes, I still have my V-Foil driver, 3W, hybrids, and irons.  My irons were the V-Foil VIP 1025M muscle backs.  I still use the 7i for practice, but had to change out the shafts since I couldn't hit stiffs anymore.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It seems like most people I know have mixed bags, woods different than irons at least. That said two of the better players in our league bought full sets of Mavrik’s this year (during a promo where they got 150% trade-in on their old sets). I’ve had different brand woods from irons for 40 years.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Overall, agree with the prevailing theme, it's never mattered with respect to one's game.

Personally, I've only operated with one brand related point (never Titleist), generally picking and choosing what worked without regard for the company name stamped on the club.

That said, I will occasionally play an all Ram bag, top to bottom, except for the golf ball.  It's not much of a departure, since I frequently play Ram Tour Grind irons anyway, as well as at least one Ram wedge, and have been playing a heel shafted blade putter most of the season; easy to swap in the TW Custom or Wizard 600 with little adjustment.  Add a couple persimmons and off we go.  😉

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Overall, agree with the prevailing theme, it's never mattered with respect to one's game.

Personally, I've only operated with one brand related point (never Titleist), generally picking and choosing what worked without regard for the company name stamped on the club.

That said, I will occasionally play an all Ram bag, top to bottom, except for the golf ball.  It's not much of a departure, since I frequently play Ram Tour Grind irons anyway, as well as at least one Ram wedge, and have been playing a heel shafted blade putter most of the season; easy to swap in the TW Custom or Wizard 600 with little adjustment.  Add a couple persimmons and off we go.  😉

Never has mattered to me either I play what works. Now you will get a kick out of this right before I got hurt I played an all Macgregor vintage bag but then again you could say it was mixed the woods were a different year from the irons and the putter was an Iron Master remake from the 80s. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

27 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Never has mattered to me either I play what works. Now you will get a kick out of this right before I got hurt I played an all Macgregor vintage bag but then again you could say it was mixed the woods were a different year from the irons and the putter was an Iron Master remake from the 80s. 

I don't think the different years matter, it's all MacGregor.  😀

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

It never mattered... I don't think there has ever been an emphasis that your fairway woods should match your irons or putter. With all of the utility clubs and new construction techniques you could very easily have 5+ different types of clubs in the bag - Driver, fairways, hybrid, irons, wedges. Other than irons/wedges none of those clubs play the same and you could game a driving iron which was different from the rest of the set. One could argue you should be spec'ing out wedges with different bounces and grinds to help with shot your iron set struggles with. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Not only has it never mattered, it's been fairly rare to see a single-brand bag as long as I can remember. I caddied for nearly a decade in the late 80s - early 90s, and maybe a couple of our members carried a single brand. Even our pro, who was on staff with TM, carried Wilson JP2 wedges. 

The closest I ever came to a single brand bag was during the Cobra Connect Challenge 2. And I basically have up on hitting hybrids, because I didn't like the Cobra hybrid. As soon as the challenge ended, I pulled it out of the bag. 

Every club in the bag needs to have a role, and every club needs to earn its place. Nothing gets in there because I'm brand loyal. 

The amount of Cobra in my current bag makes me keep looking for something better. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I’ve been playing over 40 years, and not once have I had one brand throughout the bag. Personally, I’m not sure it was ever a “thing”, to be honest...

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 1 year later...

I find that mixed brand equipment is more common that a unified brand throughout.

image.png.0a3b0584fd6b09fd3cad57c5e36a272b.png

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

10 hours ago, Riverboat said:

Were you playing with other beginners? Just asking because those are about the only ones I see with a single brand, usually because they buy a package set. Other than that situation, I only know one person who has a single brand bag. He's like a walking advertisement for Callaway pre-owned.

I play with a bunch of random people who aren’t beginners who have single brand bags. Some because of brand loyalty, others because they had a club or set of clubs they liked and bought clubs from that brand to fill out their bag.

I’ve had single brand bag on multiple occasions 

• 2 months later...

Let's see..I have Ping, Callaway, Snake Eyes, Giga Golf, Cleveland, and a Top Flite ball. So, I have 5 different brands of clubs in my bag, but it feels "seamless" to me when I play. I have lucked out that the feel of my clubs is all pretty much the same, as I have gotten used to this. I will be playing this bag for quite a while. I am big on "feel" when I try new clubs. If I am not comfortable when trying, even after hitting 10-15 balls, not buying it. It was once suggested I try a "tour" version of a driver. Felt like I was swinging a 2x4! It had a "stiff" shaft. I don't swing fast enough for a stiff. Went back to the "regular" version, felt really good, had a great price(demo), and I played that driver for 10 years. So, I am brand agnostic, except my wedges! MUST be Cleveland!! It's a confidence thing with me to play these wedges. Currently gaming CBX2's, 50, 54, 58...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

The only reason I can see to playing the same brand of everything is if you are being paid to do that. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid