Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Delete

Guest Delete

I haven’t compared golf balls side by side but the top level your type balls should all spin in the same range.

Amount of spin is probably more dependent on the swing dynamics: spin loft, path, etc.

There is such a too much spin which while in theory would reduce curve, it could increase lift and result in less distance.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Don't know if the 2020 study will be different but according to the 2019 MGS Ball Study (wedge shown, but the similar results for 7i and D)...

wedge.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Apparently the Mizuno golf balls are very high in spin. Only tried out a few times, but seems like a great ball and definitely has a different looking simple pattern that would lead me to think it has more spin. Also Bridgestone is one to look at, the ball tiger uses same thing is apparently very high in spin. I'll try and find a link to last year's golf ball test, it has a ton of charts and such that should help narrow some of your choices. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, Middler said:

Don't know if the 2020 study will be different but according to the 2019 MGS Ball Study...

wedge.png

You're too quick! Thanks for linking that in and saving me the trouble of finding it.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 hours ago, TimoTe said:

What ball, that is available now, has more spin than any other ball you have tried?

All through the bag, close to the greens, maybe not as much off the driver: any ball out today that just gets more tour sauce, aka spin.

I am looking for two reasons:

1. More backspin would theoretically produce a straighter ball flight on irons

2. Provide more lift to keep the ball in the air

So in the pic, the two on the left are my gamers and the balls that fit to my swing. They are the PRO V1 and Snell MTB-X, which for my swing yields consistency regarding distance control and spin. Always the same distances and flight, same run out or a few hops and stops. No surprises in a round regarding either the Titleist or Snell.

But the absolute crazy for me is the balls on the right (Callaway ERC and Mizuno RB Tour) are what I call fun balls for my short game. Crazy spin, extreme height and on a good golf green that is rolled, I feel like the guys on tv, I can hit past pin and those balls come back. Blows my mind. I don't game them tee to green because they don't go as straight nor consistent distances from the swings I put on them. Too much side spin, inconsistencies but  in a chipping contest, shot from bunker I absolutely would have no problem using them (and I do in scramble golf outings). 

golfballs1.jpg