Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Delete

Guest Delete

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, Wondergiulio said:

My real playing partner is always the course. I want to be as close possible to it....

Thus said, I can get badly affected from playing with obnoxious ‘second ball’ reverse handicap players... there is something in it that really annoys me.

Viceversa my game step up when playing with good ones.

🙂

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
  • Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, aerospace_ray said:

I guess I do care how my playing partners play from an etiquette perspective. The things I really care about from them is fixing divots, ball marks, pace of play and common courtesy. I attempt to follow basic etiquette and expect the same in return.

Regarding how they are playing in their round, I can't control their shots, selection (caveat a scramble tournament). But I can control how I act and respond to their actions. Over the years I have gotten more "picky" with whom I play with. Years ago I would play with anyone. Not so much these days.

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
2 hours ago, TimoTe said:

Second ball, Mulligan lover, foot wedge, cheaters - oh, they have those on your course too? WTH!!!

Haha

Seriously though, can you explain "reverse handicapper" to me? That's the first time I heard that one. 

The reverse sandbagger that instead of inflating the handicap to have an advantage, he deflate it so they can claim to be single digit

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Wondergiulio said:

The reverse sandbagger that instead of inflating the handicap to have an advantage, he deflate it so they can claim to be single digit

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty much the same as everyone else, I want everyone in the group to play well, sometimes you feed off each other and it makes for a more enjoyable round.  When I play poorly, like last week for example, I try my best to not let it show outwardly, I don't throw clubs, I don't sit and pout.  I will instead try to laugh at myself or make a sarcastic remark about the shot, to keep others from thinking they have to be quiet or can't talk to me.

The only time, I was made to feel even a bit bad about playing poorly, I was paired up with two other guys I didn't know.  They were both probably 5 or less handicaps, I was near a 20 at time.  I'm always mindful of pace of play and will not hold up a group.   But around the 7th or 8th hole one of the guys said to me as we walked off the green, "How can you possibly be enjoying playing this badly.  I think I would quit.  I give you credit man"     I just said to him, "I don't enjoy playing poorly, but I do enjoy playing"  I don't let my score dictate my attitude.

He just looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language.  We didn't talk much after that.

You handled that much more delicately than I imagine I would have in that situation.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I should also say I know what being the bad partner is like and how badly that effects everyone in the group. I had a short temper as a teenager/early 20s.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I don't care how they play. I generally prefer to play with people that are at least somewhat at my level, but I really like playing with much better players than myself.... it keeps me "thinking" and focused. I don't mind playing with people that are not accomplished at the game or just out for a good time.... I just hate when they want advice and lessons that I am in no way qualified to give...lol.

3 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

You handled that much more delicately than I imagine I would have in that situation.

Yeah, I think I was in too much shock of what he said, to say or do what a couple hours later occurred to me I should have said....ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I play on a muni near my house most often, so there are a lot of beginners which is fine. The only thing I care about is when you play with people who are clueless about pace of play. I got paired with 3 ladies who hit 2 tee balls on nearly every hole, unless they happened to hit their first shot well. By the 3rd hole, we were already 1 full hole behind of the group in front. Luckily it was only for 9 holes but it took 2.5 hours on what is essentially an executive course. 

The biggest frustration comes from feeling rushed to try and keep up, avoid having the marshall come by about pace or holding up people behind. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I want everyone I play with to play well.  And, I want to beat their a$$es.  I'm just a little too competitive for my own good I guess, but I do think I sometimes play to the level of whomever I am playing with.

For example, my main playing partner here is a teaching pro at a local course (and a Big Break Disney contestant, the season Tony Finau won).  He's very good, and i always play better just trying to keep pace on the scorecard with him.

However, every Saturday morning I play the base course in a weekly team competition (random teams each week) that uses a modified Stableford scoring system that really rewards aggressive play.  The group is mostly Colonels and Generals, some retired some active, and I'm the junior guy in age and rank (I'm a Lieutenant Colonel) but most days I'm one of the better players.  I almost never have my better rounds in that group, and i'm often paired with 20-something handicaps that play from the senior tees.  I enjoy playing with them (I am NOT complaining about playing with a 20 by any means), I'm just making the point that the level of play around me impacts me a bit, maybe too much.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I just want to play with people that have decent etiquette.  Are slightly pleasant and are unlikely to hit me in the back of the head with a crooked shot.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

I don't care what they shoot. I do care how slow they are in terms of not keeping pace and etiquette. When I first started, my dad gave me 6 shots to get to the green or I had to pick up. Pace was always important and that has stuck with me. And I play with guys that shoot 110, but we still get around in less than 4 hours. Our normal group is usually 3:15 walking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, BMart519 said:

I play on a muni near my house most often, so there are a lot of beginners which is fine. The only thing I care about is when you play with people who are clueless about pace of play. I got paired with 3 ladies who hit 2 tee balls on nearly every hole, unless they happened to hit their first shot well. By the 3rd hole, we were already 1 full hole behind of the group in front. Luckily it was only for 9 holes but it took 2.5 hours on what is essentially an executive course. 

The biggest frustration comes from feeling rushed to try and keep up, avoid having the marshall come by about pace or holding up people behind. 

delete

Edited by Delete
Delete
On 6/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, TimoTe said:

What are some of the things people have done that breaks your code of golf etiquette?

Some of the things I do not like is when another member in my group walks across my putting line, does not fix divots on the green, plays very very slow and talks loudly while approaching another group that is putting out on an adjacent green/or teeing off on their tee box. 

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 6/27/2020 at 12:33 PM, aerospace_ray said:

Some of the things I do not like is when another member in my group walks across my putting line, does not fix divots on the green, plays very very slow and talks loudly while approaching another group that is putting out on an adjacent green/or teeing off on their tee box. 

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete