Guest Delete

Delete

Our Sponsors

Guest Delete
Posted (edited)

Delete

Edited by Delete
Delete

If they are playing slow or constantly complaining/down on themself/a teammate it drives me crazy.

If they keep pace of play and are positive I don’t care what they shoot or if they cheat.

If I can pick, I like to play with better players because I learn from them and they care more about each shot.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Ha, I need partners.

Take Dead Aim

We may remember that Sunday at Pine Hills

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I do care. I want whomever I am paired up with to have an enjoyable round of golf.  I hope that they play well, but I would also like if I played a little better than they did. 

• Like 8

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

I just want the round to be enjoyable. If I play well, good for me. If they play well, good for them. I either played poorly, there's always next time. Just keep up pace of play and have a good time no matter what you shoot.

• Like 8

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

I want them to play well but I also want to beat them.

• Like 4

I play with the same guys week in and week out for the most part.  I enjoy when they are playing well and I enjoy when I am playing well. If I'm not playing well (which has been a lot lately 🤦‍♂️) or if they are not playing well, it's still ok by me.  We aren't pros playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars.  I enjoy the company and nature. 

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

I don't care how others play, except for my wife.  If she isn't playing well, I tend to not play well.  It also seems to work the other way as well.  My poor play rubs off on her, and I feel bad that I am ruining her fun.  

It seems that most of the people I routinely play with are much worse than I am.  Several don't break 100, but they play reasonably quickly. My wife shoots in high 80's-low 90's usually.   I do tend to play better when we are paired with a good player; maybe I just focus better.  

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I prefer my partners to do well, but I'm still competitive - in an ideal situation we'll be tied going into 18 and I'll beat them by one stroke 😀

I think part of the reason is that I want to be able to share my excitement when I hit a good shot, but I feel bad celebrating a great approach shot to get a GIR when my playing partner is sitting 6 after putting 2 into the water.

• Like 5

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I prefer it when my partners to play well.  

I do compare myself, and my score, to them, especially if they are better players than me.  It can help me focus better.

If i am competing against them i want them to play well, and feel guilty for wanting them to just miss the odd putt or stick one in the pond, though.

• Like 3

I'm usually betting, so I want them to play well enough to keep it interesting but not too well (unless its looking like someone is going to hit a milestone).  Its always funs when one or two people in the group start looking like they might shoot one of their lower scores, one of the best rounds I've had is where a buddy and I both shot in the low 80s when we were both 18ish handicaps. 

• Like 3

Driver :     :cobra-small: F7 - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

3w:           :cobra-small:  F7 Fairway - Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 75g

Hybrid:     :cobra-small: F6 Hybrid - KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X-Stiff

Irons:       :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged (4,5) JPX 900 Tour (6-P) KBS C-Taper 130 (Softstepped)

Wedes:         :titelist-small: SM7 52* F Grind, 56* M Gind (KBS C-Taper 125), 60* S Grind

Putter:   :cameron-small: Futura X7M

I'd like them to play well, because it makes a more enjoyable round if they're not frustrated. I also like playing with people better than me because I seem to play better.

Example: a few weeks ago I played with a rando at my club. He played worse than I did, which led me to have a lousy ball striking day, shooting a 92 or 93. And somehow he shot low or mid 80's...it was a miracle!

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

image.png

For me personally, playing ability is irrelevant.  I can't recall having my game impacted by the playing ability of someone else, either.  I couldn't care less what your score is.  I deeply care about attitude, pace of play, respect for the game and holding etiquette in high regard.  Violate any of those, and we will never play together again.  It may sound a bit harsh or even elitist.  I don't really care.  The game is my sanctuary.  I love it but love what it does for my sanity far more.  People tend to interfere with that from time to time.

I will add one caveat.  I was asked to play by two newer members of my club Monday afternoon.  On the 8th tee, one of these guys casually dropped the "N" word twice in a matter of 15 seconds.  I blistered him for his blatant racism and walked off the golf course.  Can't say I have ever had that issue before.  What a world we live in!  I can't believe we have these issues in 2020 and people are raising their children to feel this way!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Heck yea! When we are playing in our Tuesday dogfight you have to have plus points to win.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

I want them to play well.  I want them to enjoy the round even when they're not playing well.  I want them to play at a reasonable pace, and take proper care of the golf course.  If I'm not specifically competing against them, I'm not thinking about whether I beat them or not.  But if we ARE competing, I'm trying my best to win.  I still want them to play well, but I want to play a little better.

• Like 4

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

We may remember that Sunday at Pine Hills

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
I have an 8-month old. The best time for me to play is at sun-up otherwise it takes lots of adjustments to the day. My buddies who play aren't very serious so they don't like waking up early.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

If they're friends, I want them to play well.  I also want them to play poorly so they explode and I can laugh at them and have a good time busting each others chops.

If I'm in a tourney, I want them playing poorly.  But not so poorly that they become disruptive to my round. 

Pace of play is more important to me.  I'm much more a Brooks than a Bryson.  If I play with someone who is slow, I play much worse. 

• Like 3

Driver: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M3 Tensei Blue Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (54,59) - AMT Black/Stiff

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Tracked by: :Arccos: