TESTERS WANTED! ×

KRANK GOLF...

OK, I know I got some eye rolls just with the title but here me out. apparently Krank has come out with drivers(conforming & non-conforming) where the clubface is designed for different club speeds. So one for swing speeds over 105 and another for 105-85. So what I'm able to asses from the website is that on normal conforming drivers, you wont achieve a spring like effect with the club face unless ur swing speed is 105 or greater. So for slower sing speeds u would have a thinner face with more spring effect that would add distance. Now, I don't know if this is true but if so who would take advantage of this tech, if it was legit. And as a side note @GolfSpy MPR why wouldn't MGS test KRANK golf in it yearly driver test????

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

And as a side note [mention=58668]GolfSpy MPR[/mention] why wouldn't MGS test KRANK golf in it yearly driver test????

I am not an MGS employee but as a tester I have some insight on what clubs are included in testing. There is criteria and manufacturers generally elect to participate and provide equipment. If a major OEM does not want to participate often MGS will purchase that equipment to include in testing; which may result in limited configurations for fitting testers. MGS generally won’t pick a niche product to include in testing. I have heard reference to the fact that the company also has to have a level of manufacturing to produce a particular level of product. If the product wins, sales generally rise and the manufacturer has to be able to support that increase. Additionally, MGS has testing schedules and the company has to submit product within that schedule to be included. Actual Test time is another factor; the more clubs tested, the longer testing takes. Testing is done based on tester availability and it generally takes a tester 4+ weeks to get through testing a set of drivers.

This may not be everything that goes into selection of a product for testing and is my opinion looking at things from a tester perspective.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was hoping @cnosil would weigh in; as an actual tester for Most Wanted, he has more insight to the process that I do. The forum moderators are totally a different group than the guys in the testing lab; I've never been to the lab (though I'd love to visit some time).

I would add this footnote to cnosil's explanation: as he said many OEMs send clubs to MGS for testing. Any OEM who refuses to send a club, MGS has to purchase. Why doesn't Krank send a driver for testing? I don't know this first-hand, but it could have something to do with their last-place finish in the 2014 Most Wanted Driver testing: https://mygolfspy.com/2014-most-wanted-driver-overall-awards/

There's a good explanation from @Tony Covey MGS in the comments from the 2017 MW testing (click the link and search for "krank") explaining why they hadn't gone a purchased a Krank driver for testing that year: https://mygolfspy.com/2017-most-wanted-driver/

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I was hoping @cnosil would weigh in; as an actual tester for Most Wanted, he has more insight to the process that I do. The forum moderators are totally a different group than the guys in the testing lab; I've never been to the lab (though I'd love to visit some time).

I would add this footnote to cnosil's explanation: as he said many OEMs send clubs to MGS for testing. Any OEM who refuses to send a club, MGS has to purchase. Why doesn't Krank send a driver for testing? I don't know this first-hand, but it could have something to do with their last-place finish in the 2014 Most Wanted Driver testing: https://mygolfspy.com/2014-most-wanted-driver-overall-awards/

There's a good explanation from @Tony Covey MGS in the comments from the 2017 MW testing (click the link and search for "krank") explaining why they hadn't gone a purchased a Krank driver for testing that year: https://mygolfspy.com/2017-most-wanted-driver/

ouch, I can see why they may not want to send one...

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos: