TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: Honma TR20 driver

On 6/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, golfingbrock said:

Golfingbrock’s HONMA TR20 440 Review

Hello friends,

My name is Brock, and I am a 37 year old golf nut from Texas.  I tested he Honma TR20 440 Driver with a Vizard FP7-X Shaft.

I have been playing since I was a kid, and I walked onto my college team and got to play for 3 years with some great players. Though I now don’t play as much as I used to, between family and work, I still get out a few times a month, currently a +2 handicap, and obsess about golf daily.

By the way, HUUUGE thanks to MGS and Honma the testing opportunity, and a very understanding wife, as I have gotten out twice as much these last 6 weeks (for research purposes, of course).75253468_IMG_20200716_193326(3).jpg.39eae2ce4a63885d97eab8223b2ac591.jpg

I bought my current gamer, a Tour Edge XCG7 Beta with an X-Stiff Ozik Matrix Black Tie 44.5” shaft on the Used rack at PGA Tour Superstore in 2015. Before the Tour Edge, I had a Taylormade R7 425 Quad that I found on Ebay.  As you may have guessed, I wasn’t ‘fit’ for my gamer, but I did test it against the TM SLDR, Ping G30, Nike Covert, and a few others, and the Tour Edge gave me comparable results at a fraction of the cost, so I took a chance on it. As you can see, I found the center a lot.

IMG_20200714_144434.jpg.66def7ef7918335338e45383bc0a62a3.jpg

I let my brother use my Tour Edge while in Utah, because he wasn't touching my Honma.  Here's his first swing!😬

958379096_MGSHONMA7.jpg.e5b65ef9e1cd680b3a32b9df26da8000.jpg

My strength has always been my irons, and my driver has become more solid the last few years.  I prefer a low/mid flight with low spin since I play in a lot of wind. My normal carry distance is around 260-270 with roll out to 280-300. My go to shot is a draw, but I can miss it both ways if I need to avoid trouble.

First impressions:

I knew very little about Honma before the review process, other than that they made some really expensive gold-plated clubs (the Beres line), and that Justin Rose played Honma for a year before going back to TM.  When the TR20 came out he had some pretty great results immediately, including a 2nd at the Singapore Open (where he averaged 323 yds on 7 measured drives) and a T5 at the Hero World Challenge. 

As I delved into the company, I learned about their history of over 60 years producing high quality craftsman clubs in Sakata, Japan, and that they build all the components from heads to Vizard (a combination of Victory and Wizard) shafts in house with the utmost quality control. Honma sought to provide the perfect blend of beauty and performance.

I hit a TR20 440 with a stock Stiff shaft a few times at PGA Tour Superstore before mine arrived, and it had a great sound and feel, but as it wasn’t tuned to me, it wasn’t any better than my current gamer.  For the TR20 to earn a spot in my bag, it would have to give me better distance while maintaining my accuracy, and be a club I can trust under pressure.

Grading:

Looks: 10/10

This driver has tons of tech inside, but the outside is all class. With several manufacturers going with a matte black finish, the Honma really stands out!  From the shiny black top and polished titanium face, to the tasteful gold accents on the carbon fiber woven sole, it almost looks too pretty to hit. The shape is a classic pear shape, and the top of the club has no markings, which I love! The club sits very nice and square at set up, and gives me confidence to swing away.

Honma starts the process by hand carving the shape of the head out of a block of Mississippi persimmon by the craftsmen in Japan. Once that was perfect, they built a very light titanium frame so that they could position the adjustable weights in the perfect spots, and added the ET40 carbon crown and the woven carbon sole.

The Headcover is also high quality, and not only protects the club, but makes the bag look really sharp!

807255080_MGSHONMA1.jpg.b5a2f036069c7784f68f71fc146e4432.jpg1056815496_MGSHONMA2.jpg.077cbec7546ca090dd973bcb58b9353e.jpg377605570_MGSHONMA6.jpg.7aa701ffc7a4a561b5e0821934e1cfae.jpg

Sound/Feel: 9/10

The sound is a nice THWACK when you hit it in the center.  It’s not too muted or too tinny. Mis-hits have a bit more reverb and a slightly deeper tone. One of my playing partners says it even sounds fast!

It feels smooth like a persimmon when you hit the center of the face, but it feels a heavy when you miss it high or on the toe. But you can feel exactly where on the face you missed it, so the feedback response is great.  It feels slightly worse than my gamer on mis-hits(-1), but the added feedback is nice.

Basic Characteristics: 19/20

Trajectory:  The TR20 has a good mid-ball flight when I have it set at 8.5.  I can flight it high or low as as needed, but normal launch is 14°

Workability: This driver is much more stable than what I had before, and while I can work it a bit, it is harder to curve with precision than my old gamer (-1)

Accuracy: I can tell a definite improvement in dispersion, and the results are repeatable with good swings.  I had several in a row on the simulator and range that were almost identical.  This is much harder to do on the course!

Distance:  On the course it seems to be at least 10-15 yards longer.  The simulator showed significant gains in clubhead and ball speed, carry distance, and total distance!

image.png.1b202068f38d8ee6b5d587817541c8c8.png

Forgiveness:  While you can definitely feel mis-hits, they aren’t overly penal and are still within 10-15 yards of good strikes. 

Adjustability: With the 3 sole weight adjustments that provide high MOI, low spin, or draw bias, and 4 hosel adjustment options to change the loft up or down 1 degree or lie up to 2 degrees upright, there are multiple options to fine tune to the best possible option.  There are two 3g weights, and 1 9g weight. I tried them all!

Under Pressure –If I know I need to carry a distance (up to around 270), I feel confident that will be no problem with a solid swing.  On a tight hole I trust my fairway finder swing to keep me in play. I now know I can hit driver off the deck if needed.

On Course Performance: (28/30)

Overall, how did it Perform?

Overall, the Honma has performed exceptionally on the course. My first round, while playing with bruised ribs, but aided by elevation, ibuprofen and beer, I hit several over 300 (and a couple near 350) on a mountain course. When I got back to my home course,  the gains were still there, and even had a few wedges and short irons into par 5’s. I had 1 bad driving round, but dialed in the adjustments, and now this thing is money.  

This driver, like any driver can still miss big right or left with just the wrong swing!

In my last round, after laying up short of a creek with a 285 yard carry to clear, I pegged a 2nd ball to see if I the Honma could clear, and when I arrived, it was sitting in the fairway 50 yards past the creek! 

How, if at all, did this product change your impression of the Honma?  I went from knowing next to nothing about Honma to a true believer in a few short weeks. Pure class from customer service to clubs. 

What feature would you change or eliminate from the next generation of this model?

The weight adjustments are nice and intuitive. I love that the shaft stays in the same alignment with all the loft and lie adjustments. But I wish extra weights came with the clubs, including 6g and 12g to provide more adjustability options. Then again, too many options might drive a tinkerer mad!

Here's my videos with several swings and sounds.  My favorites are the reactions from partners when it's hit!

Miscellaneous: 10/10

Although we weren’t able to get fit in person, @PrestonAtHonma took the time with each of us to get us into a great driver.  We talked specs and our game for 40 minutes  @PMookie and perhaps others can speak to the premium fitting experience. Though I had wondered if any other shaft or loft option would have been chosen with a fitting, once I hit it I knew I had the right club. 

As I was travelling the week the driver was set to ship, Preston was able to get the driver sent to our Airbnb in Utah so that the package wasn’t left on the porch.  Throughout the process, Preston was available for feedback and adjustment help.

Also, it was comforting knowing that our clubs were assembled by Master club builder “Wedge Wizard” Jason Sanborn. The packaging, tooling and adjustment instructions were all included, and making adjustments is easy, though the Japanese to English translation in the instructions was a bit confusing at times.

445301026_MGSHONMA8.jpg.ec384d450f96436f2a031c65d1c99ad2.jpg694171055_MGSHONMA9.jpg.8e9134b3e3d38002904d8d9b327b09bf.jpg

Play it or Trade it? 19/20

I gifted my Tour Edge driver to my brother-in-law today, who just recently started playing. As much as I loved that club, it’s been replaced in the bag by Honma!

The Honma TR20 is made for the low to mid handicapper with refined taste. The ‘TR’ in the model number stands for ‘Tour Release’.  This club performs better than my current gamer by quite a good margin, so the Honma will definitely stay in my bag. If I had the option to keep the 440 or go with the 460, I'm fairly certain I would keep the 440.

962441372_MGSHONMA13.jpg.27a059f3e5727ddfa50d8e0098a1f47b.jpg

As a budget conscious golfer who’s never been fit for clubs or purchased a brand-new driver, I’m not necessarily the target audience for $750 premium driver. However, as a low handicapper trying to get the most out my game, I feel confident that this will help me play my best golf.

Conclusion:

This is a serious club with great tech that should be strongly considered with the bigger name brands if you are in the market for a custom fit driver.  I have gained yards, have shorter clubs into greens on average, and am consistently in play. The fine-tuning loft and weight adjustments can also help really dial in the swing.

Although this club might not be for everyone, it is in my opinion the sexiest driver on the market. It’s a great conversation starter with playing partners, and it’s fun to see the awe on their face when it pops off the club face!

With their quality craftsmanship and now with the Honma House in Carlsbad, Ca and the Tour experience fitting vans available, I expect big things for Honma in the US and in a lot more bags over the next few years.

At the start of the process, before I talked with Preston, and before I swung the club, I expected my review to be much more critical, but here we are with an A+!

Disclaimer: When @PrestonAtHonmaasked why I chose the 440 over the 460, I told him that it improved my odds of being picked, because a majority of the applicants picked the 460 😎

FINAL SCORE: 95/100

IMG_20200714_144434.jpg

Nice review brother; both you and @Judge Smails.  Was a little concerned I was being a cupcake about it...nice to see you both also rated it highly.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

9 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Nice review brother; both you and @Judge Smails.  Was a little concerned I was being a cupcake about it...nice to see you both also rated it highly.

Thanks. I thought you were being soft too til I added up my own score 😜

I had it mostly written and had to trim it down before I did scores. It was a lot of work and range sessions, and I definitely had a few days where I didn't hit it well on the range. But I think a lot of that was fatigue and trying all the adjustment options.

The head to head numbers were mind blowing

Best thing for me now is to keep the adjustment instead of tinkering. 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 8/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, Tpoole22 said:

Great review, glad to see that it worked out so well for you. So do you think that after testing this club and improving from your current gamer that you could justify spending $650 on it? Seems like a lot but you aren't the only one that has mentioned the great quality a few times.

Quality is top notch. I was looking at potentially Hogan, Tour Edge, or Sub70 when I got the Honma. Even the mid-priced drivers are expensive to me, but if you have the budget to maximize your golf game, or if you are a tournament player looking for return on investment, I certainly think the Honma holds it's own against any of the bigger name brands

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

Damn, So far i've given it the lowest rating and I frickin' LOVED it.....haha

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Just now, JudgeSmails said:

Damn, So far i've given it the lowest rating and I frickin' LOVED it.....haha

I went through the reviews of some other recent driver tests, and so far the Honma averaged higher than the rest, Currently at 95.66% pending @DPattGolf review.  I know @Getoffmylawn is a big softy, but I felt like you and I were pretty critical 😂.  

Hey man, I don’t have the driving game you seem to have...you give this big softy a big boost in ball speed, accuracy and carry and hell yeah I’m going to rate it high!

All kidding aside, I’ve kicked the tires on a lot of drivers over the past year and the TR20 has easily been the best.  It’s a quality club, and I think I also got very lucky in being selected to test a club that to my surprise works especially well for me.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey man, I don’t have the driving game you seem to have...you give this big softy a big boost in ball speed, accuracy and carry and hell yeah I’m going to rate it high!

All kidding aside, I’ve kicked the tires on a lot of drivers over the past year and the TR20 has easily been the best.  It’s a quality club, and I think I also got very lucky in being selected to test a club that to my surprise works especially well for me.

No doubt. I had some crazy numbers with the TM Sim back in January, just hitting around at the PGA store, but wondering if those numbers were inflated. Also no clubhead speed given, and I had done a few super speed swings beforehand. 

But the spin numbers were incredible, whether real or not... Wondering if a 12g or 15g weight up front would reduce the spin more cc: @PrestonAtHonma

UNOFFICIAL Review - just my thoughts on the Honma TR20 460 w/FD-5R shaft

It is a beautiful driver - shiny black with a silver face, and, no alignment marks. Some how, this works great for me, and, I am able to set up with the ball in the middle of the club face (I, only, add this, as, it took me a few driving range sessions with my Ping G400 max before I could set up with the ball in the middle of the club face - I wear high index glasses, which, mess with depth perception.). 

My initial thoughts on performance were not favorable, - high, spinny, and, near slices. For a short hitter, getting less distance was kind of horrifying.  If I were shopping for a driver, I would have returned to this immediately. It was that kind of awful. But, I was reviewing the driver, so, I started to tinker with the driver, and, switched the heavy weight from the back to the front. (NOTE: I have had some Cobra golf clubs, and, the heavier weight in the front was always worse for me.) But, surprisingly, with the TR20, with the heavier weight in the front, I started to hit draws without (to me) any loss in forgiveness, and, I started to get my normal distance, and, possibly a little more. (At this point I should give a shout out to Preston, who managed to fit me over the phone surprisingly well. I think I am at the point, where I don't need to make any more adjustments to driver setup. The driver performs, but, it doesn't swing itself, and, I need to be consistent in my set up and tee height. Otherwise, spin does become an issue due to angle of attack.)

I actually really like the TR20 now, after, I got the driver setup to my swing. I think to me, one of the most positive attributes of the TR20 is the ability to set it up for your swing. And, I am not sure, but, it seems the Vizard shaft really seems to help me to hit the ball in the middle of the club face. I think the only thing that holding the TR20 back is the price, and, the abundance of marketing of its competitors.

16 hours ago, golfingbrock said:

No doubt. I had some crazy numbers with the TM Sim back in January, just hitting around at the PGA store, but wondering if those numbers were inflated. Also no clubhead speed given, and I had done a few super speed swings beforehand. 

But the spin numbers were incredible, whether real or not... Wondering if a 12g or 15g weight up front would reduce the spin more cc: @PrestonAtHonma

Brock, no doubt a 12g or 15g up front would knock some spin down. But also need to tell you it will bump up swingweight a bit and you may feel that. Happy to send a 12g and 15g out to you if you wanna try it out. Shoot me a text or email if so.

thanks also for your review. So glad you enjoyed it and glad it's launching rockets!!

After far too much delay my Review of the Honma TR20 is officially live!!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

9 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Two things:

1. 4 out of 4 testers exteremely satisfied with the Honma

2. I need some speed training to keep up with these young bucks

12 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

Worth the wait man; nice job.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, PrestonAtHonma said:

Brock, no doubt a 12g or 15g up front would knock some spin down. But also need to tell you it will bump up swingweight a bit and you may feel that. Happy to send a 12g and 15g out to you if you wanna try it out. Shoot me a text or email if so.

thanks also for your review. So glad you enjoyed it and glad it's launching rockets!!

Thanks again @PrestonAtHonma for the weight kit. Put the 15g weight up front and had my best driving so far. Several over 300 in wet conditions, and my biggest bomb so far! Now I can keep up with @DPattGolf 😂

jnioin.jpg

IMG_20200905_111837.jpg

IMG_20200905_111843.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a first in my golf career this weekend...won long drive in a tourney!  Hit one 287 directly into a 15 mph wind.  

I'll take some of the credit, but man do I love my TR20!

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Had a first in my golf career this weekend...won long drive in a tourney!  Hit one 287 directly into a 15 mph wind.  

I'll take some of the credit, but man do I love my TR20!

What was the prize? Hope it wasn't a new driver 😂

22 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

What was the prize? Hope it wasn't a new driver 😂

Nah man, $50 pro shop gift card, which I'll burn on my 7-year old's next set of US Kids clubs... 

If it was a new driver I'd be returning that for merch credit...the Honma ain't coming out of the bag for a loooooong time.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:44 AM, PrestonAtHonma said:

Just won a TR20 and was concerned about trying to "fit it" to beat my gamer.  Hit some at PGA Superstore, but they just don't have the options right for me.  I felt I need a little head weight and stiffer shaft.  Would love to discuss with you a bit if avail?  Also on the weights, I also think I would benefit from a little more up front and maybe some on the toe (fight the hooks).  Don't see any options to purchase them.  Have some demo's I can try out :).  

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

3 wood - TM M3 17 deg (set to 15.5 deg and 3 deg open) GD DI 7x

3 Hybrid - TM rocketballz Accra Dymatch S165, 68g, M5 flex (XS)

Irons  (4-5) - Srixon 585s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Irons (6-W) - Srixon 785s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Wedges (51, 56, 60) - Cleveland RTX4 Nippon Modus 125 Wedge Flex

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

These reviews are very encouraging with an new TR20 on it's way.  I'll try to collect data vs my TM M5 and post the results.  Anyone on here have a GC Quad in their basement 😉

@PMookie, where did you get it fit with a Ventus?  What was the difference you got with that vs the Vizard? 

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

10 minutes ago, ejcrossl said:

These reviews are very encouraging with an new TR20 on it's way.  I'll try to collect data vs my TM M5 and post the results.  Anyone on here have a GC Quad in their basement 😉

@PMookie, where did you get it fit with a Ventus?  What was the difference you got with that vs the Vizard? 

I was fitted by the Honma rep at a CC here in-town. I contacted him directly and set it up., he had the Ventus. There was a good enough difference in performance to pay the upcharge, but I don’t remember the exact numbers.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

19 minutes ago, ejcrossl said:

Just won a TR20 and was concerned about trying to "fit it" to beat my gamer.  Hit some at PGA Superstore, but they just don't have the options right for me.  I felt I need a little head weight and stiffer shaft.  Would love to discuss with you a bit if avail?  Also on the weights, I also think I would benefit from a little more up front and maybe some on the toe (fight the hooks).  Don't see any options to purchase them.  Have some demo's I can try out :).  

Nice!  How did you win it?  Martin Chuck's IG feed?

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Nice!  How did you win it?  Martin Chuck's IG feed?

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

Congrats.  I've been entering the hybrid and 3 wood posts but no luck so far...fingers crossed...

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Congrats.  I've been entering the hybrid and 3 wood posts but no luck so far...fingers crossed...

Not to be greedy, but will be throwing my hat in the ring for the iron giveaways!!!

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

3 hours ago, ejcrossl said:

Happy to discuss with you. Shoot me an email whenever convenient: prestontoulon@honmagolf.com

19 hours ago, ejcrossl said:

Wow, congrats! I also hit some at the PGA store before and after mine came in, and agree that the stock shaft isn't for me, but the upgraded Vizard shafts available through Honma is great. I hit it well and liked it before, but having the weight kit and being able to put a 15g up front is huge for me.  I've thought about trying other weights in other positions instead of the 3g, but I like the way it's working now. 

Since there isn't a toe weight option(other than lead tape), maybe the heavier front/back weights would counter balance the lighter heel weight to give you the feel you want. Maybe @PrestonAtHonma can give you some insight on the weight options, but I would say to try every possible configuration to get the numbers dialed in.

16 hours ago, PrestonAtHonma said:

Happy to discuss with you. Shoot me an email whenever convenient: prestontoulon@honmagolf.com

Ha, didn't see the new pages of comments and that Preston already responded. Preston is the man!

34 minutes ago, golfingbrock said:

Wow, congrats! I also hit some at the PGA store before and after mine came in, and agree that the stock shaft isn't for me, but the upgraded Vizard shafts available through Honma is great. I hit it well and liked it before, but having the weight kit and being able to put a 15g up front is huge for me.  I've thought about trying other weights in other positions instead of the 3g, but I like the way it's working now. 

Since there isn't a toe weight option(other than lead tape), maybe the heavier front/back weights would counter balance the lighter heel weight to give you the feel you want. Maybe @PrestonAtHonma can give you some insight on the weight options, but I would say to try every possible configuration to get the numbers dialed in.

Thanks for the feedback, will be fun to play with it for sure

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

• 3 weeks later...

There haven't been any comments in a couple weeks, but wanted to update and let you know I'm still hitting bombs.

Played in a tournament this weekend and drove a couple par 4's for easy 2 putt birdies.  One of them flew 320 over trouble and stuck on the green.  

• 2 weeks later...

As far as adjustments go, anyone know what the S and H stand for under the Face Angle adjustment? 

Putter - EvnRoll ER5