Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

DTC - The New Ben Hogan

El Chivo

Fellow Spies,

Has anyone gone out to like a Club Champion(or similar) and tried it against any of a big boys (major OEMs) and seen how they hold up? Did you give it a go with the pricier options in shafts as well?

I know they contract out their designs to former engineers at those.  Just wondering if there's more to them than just those gorgeous irons.

• Cobra RadSpeed,Set 8.5
  • Callway BB 4W 15*
  • Cobra  Forged Tec 18*
  • Cobra Forged Tec 2020 4-GW , 4*Flat, Standard
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  SW: RTX 54*
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  LW: Full Face RTX 58*
  • Scotty Cameron Putter: NP2

Never heard of em

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 3 months later...

I'm dying to try them as well. They have a demo program, but I'm just a poor feller and I know if I like them I'm going to want to keep them.  Lots of people have good things to say and you can't find much of it around used, so it doesn't seem like people are just dumping it. Love Hogan, though. I will be looking to try these out in the future. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

• 3 weeks later...

I played Ben Hogan irons for years. I started with Apex Blades and then moved to Apex Edge Pros. Now I'm playing Mizuno JPX 850s. I am intrigued with these new Hogan clubs. At my age (70)I think the new Edges are what I need. I still play steel shafts, but graphite is probably not far down the road. I'll give the Hogans a look when I decide to change.

Edited by Hoganman1

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

~$20 and you can have 2 demo clubs in your hands for 2 weeks. https://benhogangolf.com/pages/ben-hogan-demo-program  Seems like a no-brainer.  And if you hit them well and like them? Even better and it only cost you $20 instead of a fitting cost at Club Champion (or other).

I have hit the PTx (not the PTx Pro) at local golf mart when there was a trade-in set there a while back. The clubhead looked even smaller than my 99 Apex Plus. You can find plenty of them used on eBay, but they often have dings/marks on them. The Hogan irons are great because they are such a soft forged irons, but this does create some bag chatter marks (or dings on the sole if you hit small rocks, etc...).

There have been some great member reviews of these products that might interest you. Seems like they produce some great products that are for sure worth a try.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3