TESTERS WANTED! ×

Belly Putter - Arm Lock Putter conversion

Good morning, 

Has anyone converted a belly putter into an arm lock putter? 

Thoughts? I was messing around with an old belly putter after watching Webb Simpson make everything. Feels pretty good! Just need to add loft to the putter. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9
On 6/27/2020 at 8:52 AM, Bohnson said:

Good morning, 

Has anyone converted a belly putter into an arm lock putter? 

Thoughts? I was messing around with an old belly putter after watching Webb Simpson make everything. Feels pretty good! Just need to add loft to the putter. 

I did that once with a Bobby Grace long putter I use to have.

Added some loft as others indicated but my problem was the lie angle of the putter changed a little and I had to adjust my stance to compensate.

Liked the arm lock for say less than 15 ft putts, but I could not get my speed right on longer putts so I switched putters.

Reflecting back I should have gotten the lie angle/ lofts (fitted/adjusted) in a little better and I might have liked that putter/putting style. 

• 1 month later...

Just did this for a member last week.  The biggest issue when converting a belly putter to an arm lock is going to be the loft of the putter.  Arm lock putters can have a ball park loft of 6 degrees, give or take.  A belly putter most likely will have less.  @Nic mentioned the armlock grip which does add loft, but as @03trdblackmentioned, adds a lot of weight.  Chances are if you use the armlock specific grip you'll want to add lead tape to the head.  If you have access to a mitchell machine adding loft shouldnt be a problem and converting a belly putter to an armlock isn't outrageous at all, just be prepared to make tweaks to weight and loft, and be patient.

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright