TESTERS WANTED! ×

CNosil - Journey to a better golf game

Been working on the full swing.  Still hitting it off the toe a little too frequently.   Numbers below are 7 iron.    

927621656_IMG_0670(Small).jpg.056b3a34e1924c3c88dd0de29f9c52ce.jpg

1761512825_IMG_0671(Small).jpg.332ccec7328b43a74ff7cfcc130473df.jpg

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Been working on the full swing.  Still hitting it off the toe a little too frequently.   Numbers below are 7 iron.    

927621656_IMG_0670(Small).jpg.056b3a34e1924c3c88dd0de29f9c52ce.jpg

1761512825_IMG_0671(Small).jpg.332ccec7328b43a74ff7cfcc130473df.jpg

Would love to have those numbers!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Would love to have those numbers!!!

I can hit the ball fairly consistently on occasion. Easy to do when using a launch monitor. Only really counts when on the course as you only get one shot.

This is where the frustration comes from. I know I can hit the ball, how do stay away from sim many bad shots. I do get into sequences of hitting the ball poorly even when practicing. Had quite a few to shots that were 20 yards shorter than the numbers in the images.

I know that this is a hard game and I am trying to look at the longer term patterns but I am still getting caught up in the round that I last played.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I know that this is a hard game and I am trying to look at the longer term patterns but I am still getting caught up in the round that I last played.

Happens to all of us.  I know you're not needing or looking for a pep talk, but I'll say it anyway...keep working hard and the results will come.  Lasting, muscle-memory ingrained golf improvement just requires a LOT of reps and there's really no way around that. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I can hit the ball fairly consistently on occasion. Easy to do when using a launch monitor. Only really counts when on the course as you only get one shot.

This is where the frustration comes from. I know I can hit the ball, how do stay away from sim many bad shots. I do get into sequences of hitting the ball poorly even when practicing. Had quite a few to shots that were 20 yards shorter than the numbers in the images.

Make it a game of how do I take the fewest strokes from here (where your bad shot ended up) to the hole. Lots of little successes that way. Having been a low single digit handicapper I know that was a huge part of the equation. I really learned it playing in a situation game where bogey was worth a point. It was a great incentive to minimize the damage.

Just a thought that you may not have considered yet

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 3 weeks later...

Continuing to work on my game.  There are definitely some bright encouraging things:

• Shot 2 over for 9 holes during league match. Ball striking and distance off the tee were both really good
  • played a 2 over front nine before totally falling apart on the back.
  • short game shots have definitely improved.  Need to focus on distance control by better understanding ball release.  Pitch shots are now going past the hole instead of short due to poor contact.  
  • hitting the ball the best I have in a long time during my most wanted testing sessions.  Have even struggled with hitting too far toward the heel.

Exchanged some emails and provided round statistics to my coach and decided an intervention is needed.  Going to have an in person lesson tomorrow to work on ball striking.  While I try to avoid tips, I think that just reading or hearing them influences my swing.  Time for a reset to what I need to work on.  My though right now is I need to control face angle better and understand how to hit the center of the club face.  I want to wear our the center of the face and not the toe area outside the grooves.  

I think I am close and just need some input on things to tighten up to have a little better control over 18 holes.  

On 5/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, cnosil said:

short game shots have definitely improved.  Need to focus on distance control by better understanding ball release.  Pitch shots are now going past the hole instead of short due to poor contact.  

Nice!! 👍

That alone sounds like a huge improvement from where you'd started this journey.

Good luck with the next lesson!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Good lesson today but I have a lot of work to do to correct the issues with the toe strikes.  Had issues with backswing, transition, and elbow. 

Some of the problems in my current swing are backswing too long,  not separating the lower and upper body,  elbows are separating which are causing excess ulnar deviation.  These all resulting in my swing needing a lot of timing to pull it off.  So some days it worked and some it didn't and as my results have shown  the timing could fail part way through a round.

Here is how we progressed:

Started with back swing - Need to turn the upper body and not lift my arms; also reduced wrist break.  

Transition/pressure shift forward - I was waiting too late to start the forward pressure shift. I had pretty much completed my backswing instead of recentering at club parallel.    

Separate upper and lower body - my downswing started with a simultaneous rotation of the upper and lower body.  This causes the hands to go toward the ball instead of going down.   Spent a bunch of time moving to backswing complete and then rotating the hips and not the shoulders.  The rotation of the hips caused the hands to start their drop.  

With the above three starting to improve,  it became clear that the problem was the right elbow.   This is going to be the hard part for me to get incorporated.  Suggestion is to use a tourstriker ball or a softball and not drop them.   This seems to be the primary cause of the toe strikes for me.  When the right elbow separates,  the hips go toward the ball,  the hands go out and I have to compensate.  Worked on this for a while and while I got better I never really was successful.   

Going to be lots of practice swings and video to get this down.   What I did see was that what I would consider 50/60% swings were only about 15 yards short of my normal speed swings.   When I got close,  my swing looked really good.  

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Transition/pressure shift forward - I was waiting too late to start the forward pressure shift. I had pretty much completed my backswing instead of recentering at club parallel.    

Do you mean at P2, shaft parallel in backswing you are already shifting back toward the target?

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

31 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Do you mean at P2, shaft parallel in backswing you are already shifting back toward the target?

Yep P2.   That is where; as my coach has described, applying the breaks and the body begins to recenter.  The AMG guys talk about it in this video.  

Think of throwing a baseball.   Your arm is still going back while your body starts moving forward. 

@cnosil Your game and your journey sounds so much like my own experiences.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

14 minutes ago, CarlH said:

It does.  When I read your How'd you play posts it seems like we are on the exact same path. 

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It does.  When I read your How'd you play posts it seems like we are on the exact same path. 

It sounds like a lot many of us.  Just substitute heel for toe and that's me.  The toe is a nonexistent part of my club.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/20/2021 at 6:37 AM, revkev said:

Make it a game of how do I take the fewest strokes from here (where your bad shot ended up) to the hole. Lots of little successes that way. Having been a low single digit handicapper I know that was a huge part of the equation. I really learned it playing in a situation game where bogey was worth a point. It was a great incentive to minimize the damage.

Just a thought that you may not have considered yet

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Indeed.  Instead of trying to make it all up with one stroke (when things go amiss), play within yourself and take each shot at a time.  Make the best decision on each shot and avoid big numbers.  Easier said than done at times.

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yep P2.   That is where; as my coach has described, applying the breaks and the body begins to recenter.  The AMG guys talk about it in this video.  

Think of throwing a baseball.   Your arm is still going back while your body starts moving forward. 

I love AMG videos.  I saw another one where they discussed this, but that it isn’t necessarily a conscious decision. Just like the upper/lower body separation to start the downswing.  It’s minimal, but it does exist.  But trying to make that separation massive can lead to terrible consequences.  I did a slow motion video of my swing and found that when I tried to move the upper and lower body a the same time in the downswing, I still had that separation. It felt like one on the same.  We’re talking milliseconds that are imperceptible.  But everyone’s feel/real is different and sometimes it needs to be engrained first before it can become unconscious.

WITB:

1 hour ago, ChasingScratch said:

I love AMG videos.  I saw another one where they discussed this, but that it isn’t necessarily a conscious decision. Just like the upper/lower body separation to start the downswing.  It’s minimal, but it does exist.  But trying to make that separation massive can lead to terrible consequences.  I did a slow motion video of my swing and found that when I tried to move the upper and lower body a the same time in the downswing, I still had that separation. It felt like one on the same.  We’re talking milliseconds that are imperceptible.  But everyone’s feel/real is different and sometimes it needs to be engrained first before it can become unconscious.

This is a feel versus real I struggle with. I have to feel like I start the swing with my shoulders to keep my boss from racing ahead and getting out of sync. Lately I have been missing that and it really gets the upper body left behind.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

This is a feel versus real I struggle with. I have to feel like I start the swing with my shoulders to keep my boss from racing ahead and getting out of sync. Lately I have been missing that and it really gets the upper body left behind.

Same for me as well.  ‘Fire the hips’ lead to shots that go waaaaay right for me.

WITB:

2 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Same for me as well.  ‘Fire the hips’ lead to shots that go waaaaay right for me.

Exactly this just hard to convince myself sometimes since many struggle with it in the other direction. Guess my hips are just too fast.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

42 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Exactly this just hard to convince myself sometimes since many struggle with it in the other direction. Guess my hips are just too fast.

🎶 Your hips don’t lie! 🎶

But again, the swing is so individual, which is why it is hard to take what a pro says they “feel” and try to use it in our swings or in mass golf swing instruction as a one-size-fits-all.  Are there commonalities between top professionals?  Yes.  But how they each feel/cue their motion is different and cannot be used for all.

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

7 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

It is  probably the one I was actually looking for. I have seen another one that I think did a better job of explaining.   This is why instruction is so important.  You have to see what the player is doing and find something that works for that player.  My problem was that I was firing both the hips and shoulders at the same time and causing my hands to go out and not down.  This is why we worked on isolating the hips to start the lesson; the thought was keep back toward target and get the thighs in line again.  This one move did quite a few things for me.  It shortened my swing and prevented me from hinging my wrists more at the top of the backswing,  it caused my hands to start the drop down, and it gave me the necessary connection between the arm and chest.  This was a feel I  personally needed to get my swing in better sequence.  When I got the timings down,  my swing looked really good and I was hitting the center of the face. 

6 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

And that is what you need.  There is no time in the swing to really consciously make these moves.  We were doing them in slow motion and stepping through the swing.  None of this was done at full speed during the lesson.  We were doing pretty much everything at 60%.  

5 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

🎶 Your hips don’t lie! 🎶

But again, the swing is so individual, which is why it is hard to take what a pro says they “feel” and try to use it in our swings or in mass golf swing instruction as a one-size-fits-all.  Are there commonalities between top professionals?  Yes.  But how they each feel/cue their motion is different and cannot be used for all.

That is why I like my coach,  he doesn't tell me what I should feel.  We talk about what I need to do and I come up with the feels.  

51 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is  probably the one I was actually looking for. I have seen another one that I think did a better job of explaining.   This is why instruction is so important.  You have to see what the player is doing and find something that works for that player.  My problem was that I was firing both the hips and shoulders at the same time and causing my hands to go out and not down.  This is why we worked on isolating the hips to start the lesson; the thought was keep back toward target and get the thighs in line again.  This one move did quite a few things for me.  It shortened my swing and prevented me from hinging my wrists more at the top of the backswing,  it caused my hands to start the drop down, and it gave me the necessary connection between the arm and chest.  This was a feel I  personally needed to get my swing in better sequence.  When I got the timings down,  my swing looked really good and I was hitting the center of the face. 

And that is what you need.  There is no time in the swing to really consciously make these moves.  We were doing them in slow motion and stepping through the swing.  None of this was done at full speed during the lesson.  We were doing pretty much everything at 60%.  

That is why I like my coach,  he doesn't tell me what I should feel.  We talk about what I need to do and I come up with the feels.  

Exactly.  Tailor the suit to the person.  Buying custom tailored vs off the rack.  The former will always look and perform better.  I’m a firm believer that the golfer needs to understand their motion in their own way, terms, and concepts.  For some, data and visuals work well.  For others, it’s an internal focus and feelings. To each their own at the end of the day the ball flight tells the tale.

Edited by ChasingScratch

WITB:

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Mine's the same way. We talk about feels, but they're my feels, not what he feels or what I should be feeling.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Mine's the same way. We talk about feels, but they're my feels, not what he feels or what I should be feeling.

And that's when I start feeling like a 30 HCP.  🥴

On 5/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, cnosil said:

.. it became clear that the problem was the right elbow.   This is going to be the hard part for me to get incorporated

Interesting...

As a higher handicapper, one of my (..way too many...) swing problems is keeping my right (trail) elbow tucked in too close to my body for too long - so I seem to be using more body rotation to move the club vs a better pronounced lateral shift targetward (and letting the arms and hands "drop into the slot"). 

One of the consequences of this, for me, is more toe strikes and/or cutting across the ball and putting slice spin on it...

Been working on this in lessons and practice, and playing yesterday I tried to emphasize the "shift" and started missing left more often ... so maybe we'll call that a bit of intermediate progress for now 🤪

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Interesting...

As a higher handicapper, one of my (..way too many...) swing problems is keeping my right (trail) elbow tucked in too close to my body for too long - so I seem to be using more body rotation to move the club vs a better pronounced lateral shift targetward (and letting the arms and hands "drop into the slot"). 

One of the consequences of this, for me, is more toe strikes and/or cutting across the ball and putting slice spin on it...

Been working on this in lessons and practice, and playing yesterday I tried to emphasize the "shift" and started missing left more often ... so maybe we'll call that a bit of intermediate progress for now 🤪

Not to cross-promote here, but you should check out my thread on my swing overhaul.  I'm working on the right arm in the backswing as well.  You might find some nuggets there that may help you.  I also had a very compact right arm in the backswing (see my profile picture as an example).  It really moves the hands much farther away from the center of the body than is necessary and makes for the need for much more compensatory moves in the downswing.  Lots of distance to cover compared to the PGA tour average position.

WITB:

I am basically a week out from my lesson and have hit balls, played a 9 hole league match, and my weekly 18.  Ball striking seems better with more centered ball contact but I still get the big toe miss.  As I am incorporating this change I really need to focus on the takeaway and transition to hit the better shots; when I don’t thing about the swing before making the swing I see the misfits.  I have to stay focused on every swing or I am pretty sure I am falling back to the old swing.   Am I doing this correctly when I think about it?  That is the big unknown as I need a camera setup to really see what is going on with the right elbow.   Was going to buy a tour stroke smart ball but they are sold out; going to see if I can borrow Phillips at MGS. 

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am basically a week out from my lesson and have hit balls, played a 9 hole league match, and my weekly 18.  Ball striking seems better with more centered ball contact but I still get the big toe miss.  As I am incorporating this change I really need to focus on the takeaway and transition to hit the better shots; when I don’t thing about the swing before making the swing I see the misfits.  I have to stay focused on every swing or I am pretty sure I am falling back to the old swing.   Am I doing this correctly when I think about it?  That is the big unknown as I need a camera setup to really see what is going on with the right elbow.   Was going to buy a tour stroke smart ball but they are sold out; going to see if I can borrow Phillips at MGS. 

Check Watson golf they have a similar style ball but without the lanyard. Or just a small ball you can buy at a sporting goods store or five below should work

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 5/10/2021 at 1:32 PM, ChasingScratch said:

Not to cross-promote here, but you should check out my thread on my swing overhaul.  I'm working on the right arm in the backswing as well.  You might find some nuggets there that may help you.

I did .. and I did! Thx 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

As I am incorporating this change I really need to focus on the takeaway and transition to hit the better shots; when I don’t thing about the swing before making the swing I see the misfits.  I have to stay focused on every swing or I am pretty sure I am falling back to the old swing.

Really interesting you'd mentioned that...

My lessons are definitely helping me, and definitely starting to hit a few (emphasized) shots on the course when it counts, BUT - can tell the difference when I rush or lose focus and feel the old (well-ingrained) bad habits pop up.

On-going work in progress, amiright???

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Check Watson golf they have a similar style ball but without the lanyard. Or just a small ball you can buy at a sporting goods store or five below should work

Saw the Watson structureball product; it attaches to you arm and there are knockoffs of the smart ball on amazon. I could also try the shallower from Gankas.  I’ve tried balls that I have around the house but they just aren’t right.  I am also going to see if I can find a pool floatie that goes around your forearm.  The best option is still borrowing the one from Phillip 😁