CNosil - Journey to a better golf game

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

Going to focus a bit more on my mid distance putting and putting focus.   I am going to work on focus because it is becoming apparent that when hitting the mid range putts I am making too many bad swings.   I have lots of confidence in my distance control, but occasionally I make really bad strokes that leave the putts significantly short.  This leads to a bit of frustration as I try to make the next putt.  

Is this focus, or commitment?  I find my bad strokes on mid-range putts are uncommitted ones where I’m less confident in my read.

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Keep up the good work @cnosil! Even though you're not seeing the low end of your scoring spectrum going down, at least the high scores are starting to drop. That sounds like progress to me. 

It is definitely progress.   Swing is coming around and I am happy with impact and ball flight.  Just finished hybrid most wanted testing today and have hitting the ball really well during driving iron and hybrid testing.   At a point where I just want to go out and play golf and work on my game;  unfortunately work gets in the way.  

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Is this focus, or commitment?  I find my bad strokes on mid-range putts are uncommitted ones where I’m less confident in my read.

I am leaning toward focus.  I don't generally change read or believe I have the wrong read.  Could be the result of making the wrong backswing,  but to me that is related to my focus and not  my commitment to how far I want to roll the putt.   Been rolling putts at home and find that I am a little more accurate when I focus on the club hitting the back of the ball;  basically quiet eye approach.   

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

51 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Seems to be a common theme.  In my own progress, I recognized that I'm striking the ball better and making fewer really errant swings.  With cleaner ball striking and improved short game, the numbers still don't reflect that improvement (yet).  I know it's closer to where I want to be and I know that if I continue to work on it, the scores will follow.

That's positive!!  I remember many times Tiger saying:  "I'm close."  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”