TESTERS WANTED! ×

George Gankas Swing Model Thoughts?

Hi everyone, 

A big goal for me this year is to trying and become a better and more consistent ball-striker. At one point, I was playing my best golf with a little 5 yard fade and was primarily an arm swinger. Recently, I started watching some of George Gankas's videos based on his incorporation of the Snead/Tiger squat that starts the downswing. I was particularly intrigued because I am looking to engage my lower body more in my swing to use the ground to generate more speed and a consistent strike. As of now, I generate a good amount of distance in my clubs. I was swinging the driver around 103 mph and 89 mph with irons on average today at my local Golf Galaxy. While, I'm not necessarily looking to add tons of yardage, I would like to get back to hitting the ball relatively straight and a bit more consistent. 

I spent a range session incorporating some of his techniques from YouTube videos and played a round afterwards. I was really striking the ball very well and gained a lot of speed and maintained a relatively straight ball flight with a 5-10 yard sweeping draw. I looked to Gankas's model primarily to get rid of the left-side miss. I have always found that pulls and hooks have gotten me in a bit more trouble.

However, I have been developing a bit more of a push with a very slight fade as a miss that is problematic. One thing that Gankas is all about is keeping the club at the top of the swing while you engage and rotate your lower body and chest through the ball. When done properly, I can strike it rather consistently and rather online to the target. However, I have been extending a bit early and getting back to my arms-only swing habits. 

Wondering if anyone has any experience with Gankas's model and/or other thoughts on other instructors to check-out to get a bit more consistent?

Cheers.

Driver:  Taylormade R9 Supertri TP; Miyazaki C. Kua 

Fairway wood: Mizuno F60 5W; stock shaft

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP-37; True Temper s-300

Wedges: Cleveland CG 15 52; Dynamic Gold Spinner;  Cleveland RTX 3.0 56; stock shaft; Cleveland CG 14 60; stock shaft

Putter: Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

This thread has lots of discussion on GG

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

My $0.02. There are lots of swing approaches and they all work and all can help you become more consistent. What it will Come down to is how much you are willing to invest in the overhaul since this probably isn’t an overnight fix.

Don’t look at pros and what approach they follow, they spend all day hitting balls and working on mechanics because it is their job and they can make something that may not be ideal for them work simply because if the time they put into it.

GG has an approach that works and if it resonates with you then by all means follow his approach.

Good luck on you road to improvement.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

45 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My $0.02. There are lots of swing approaches and they all work and all can help you become more consistent. What it will Come down to is how much you are willing to invest in the overhaul since this probably isn’t an overnight fix.

Don’t look at pros and what approach they follow, they spend all day hitting balls and working on mechanics because it is their job and they can make something that may not be ideal for them work simply because if the time they put into it.

GG has an approach that works and if it resonates with you then by all means follow his approach.

Great post and really sums up golf instruction. The one thing that is consistent amongst many of the instructors is the need to shallow the shaft and rotation.

Bradley Hughes teaches based of the old school principles and how he learned from Norman and uses videos of all the great ball strikers past and present to show how their takeaway and backswings were all different but they used the same principles of ground forces and shallow shaft that he calls the 430 path. He talk about letting the arms and the swing bring the hips around instead of rotating open early.

GG is about matchups and each person does things differently has drills and such for getting matchups to sync.

Many talk about the hip bump but they go about it differently. Some talk about the bump and other talk about it occurring naturally as Force is applied back into the feet in transition. 

There’s different thoughts about swing plane and being on plane the entire swing and others like Bradley Hughes that show how the best ball strikers out there are actually under plane and on plane only matters after contact.

Someone like Mike Adams who dives deep into the biomechanics as do some others. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I coach high school golf in the area of SoCal GG is based, and had a kid who had him as a swing coach. And I had the distinct pleasure of coaching against Matt Wolff.  

One common element, they can all mash the ball. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

The keywords here are "isn’t an overnight fix".

With whichever coach and methodology you decide to go, you need to have a lot of dedication to follow the process from beginning to end, a lot of us would love to have the one lesson fix, but it is not plausible, you see pros who change their coaches have also a long road to achieve their goals, specially if the goal is to built an overall better game.

If you have found that GG's swing process is improving your game, stick with it, and learn how to turn those misses into advantages.

Best of luck in the road ahead.

Edited by SnakeDoc

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Really hard for someone to make a major change to a swing. When my Pro rebuilt my swing, I was 27 and on a 18 handicap. He stated that I had to be prepared too...

Play badly for 12-18 months.
Hit 400+ balls a week. 4 x 100 was what I was told to do.

The biggest issue was getting the drill correct and then transferring that to hitting balls. The key was having a video camera that could record you range session. Nowadays with apps like V1 they would make it much easier. It took me about 8 months before I finally started to get consistency, within 12 my handicap had dropped to 7-8 and continued to drop.

BTW, the original goal was to hit a draw, however I found that my miss was a hard draw or worse a hook. In the end Ray my pro had me change it to a wee fade. It made a huge difference.

Mind you in order for me to maintain a 4-7 handicap I needed to playing 3+ rounds a week and hitting at least 2 range sessions plus hitting 100 ball before every round.

Luckily I lived 5 min from the club, the bad news was that back then we had to go pick up the balls we hit at the range.

Edited by Firebird

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

• 7 months later...

one of the better Gankas teaching videos I've seen....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 7/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Someone like Mike Adams who dives deep into the biomechanics as do some others. 

I'm going to 2nd Mike Adams & Terry Rowles. I'm currently sitting in on their Ultimate Golf Lesson webinar and its mind blowing stuff. Monday I screened myself and started implementing a couple of changes based on their BioSwing Dynamics. So far I have had 1 range session and played 11 holes and I have yet to hit an iron or wedge shot more than 5 yards off my target line 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

I watched this the other day and found it more helpful to me than most. It's not that he necessarily does anything different - though he is very literally hands on with his students compared to others - it's how he describes certain movements. In this case, the way he describes opening the chest was beneficial for me.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

It’s a good combination of what he shows on Instagram with his students and the type of detail he goes into with his online course. 

Interesting video, good swing keys.  I think the guy being taught was experiencing information overload at a few points during the video!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I've messed myself up the most watching Gankas and trying to implement it on my own. He is probably amazing, but it probably is adjusted to each student's individual needs?

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Buffly said:

I've messed myself up the most watching Gankas and trying to implement it on my own. He is probably amazing, but it probably is adjusted to each student's individual needs?

Any good coach bases changes on the on the individual swing. His philosophy is based on matchups. He has a stock swing and within that there are parameters to stay within. Johnny Ruiz and Matt Wolff have different swings and he’s been working with both for years. Sung Kang is different from both. 

He has videos on social media working with older students and got them more turn despite their age and perceived lack of mobility. 

In his online course he talks about Rory’s swing and how he matchups late in the swing to correct the potential issues that could come from his takeaway. He talks about how DJ has to release in a certain way because of his wrist bowing and positioning. Same with Brooks who has a stall in the swing 

GG flat out  knows his stuff.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

I like some of GG ideas, but I could never get a lesson from him.  He is all over the place for me.  In this video he seems to be working on 3-4 things all at one time.  I'm a much slower learner than that. I only want 1 swing thought at a time to work on, maybe 2 max.  GG is just too fast for me unfortunately.  I am all for finding a pro that you are comfortable with, and working with him/her over time.  Like said before, be prepared to get worse before you get better, but stick with the process and trust your coach.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

5 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I like some of GG ideas, but I could never get a lesson from him.  He is all over the place for me.  In this video he seems to be working on 3-4 things all at one time.  I'm a much slower learner than that. I only want 1 swing thought at a time to work on, maybe 2 max.  GG is just too fast for me unfortunately.  I am all for finding a pro that you are comfortable with, and working with him/her over time.  Like said before, be prepared to get worse before you get better, but stick with the process and trust your coach.

I thought the same thing and I wonder if he was doing that because this is a one time lesson to condense all the issues he saw into the time length of a video for the guy to refer to later .  I wonder if he does that same approach for people seeing him regularly.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 minute ago, Shapotomous said:

I thought the same thing and I wonder if he was doing that because this is a one time lesson to condense all the issues he saw into the time length of a video for the guy to refer to later .  I wonder if he does that same approach for people seeing him regularly.

I follow him on Instagram and he seems to do the same with most of his students.  I think that is just how he is.  I will say he earns his money, dude is a hard worker but it's just overload for me.  He talks fast, and he expects you to keep up.  I coach baseball and football and I know with some people you have to take things slow while others grasp the concepts and you can accelerate teaching.  I think he just has one speed.  I could totally be wrong here, but it's just my impression.  Like I said before though, I like his ideas but he would totally need to dummy them down for me.

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

I coached baseball at a lot of levels for many years and especially for hitting most could take 1  thought at a time to work on.  Maybe 2 thoughts if one was a set up correction and the second was for the swing motion.

Watching GG I immediately thought of the youngsters in the batters box with their parents behind the backstop yelling 5 different instructions at them during the pitchers windup and while the pitch is coming.  😬

If I was that guy I'd boil it down to three things for upcoming range sessions to make it manageable... the setup adjustments, the wider takeaway hand position and the open chest / head position coming through impact.  At least those are in separate pieces of the swing.  Once I had that grooved I'd go back for the next session.

Saw that video as well. I like the way he explains a few things.   Most coaches for the most part are saying similar things and want players to get into a similar positions.  The key is what makes the most sense to you.  As many have said, I think the commitment aspect is the most important.  A true change to your motion is going to take a lot of repetition and a lot of bad play until it truly becomes natural and you're fully committing to the new swing/move and not in a grey area of old vs new.

I, like so many others, fall into the trap of chasing the shiny object where a swing thought may work for a day, maybe a week, hell maybe 3 months, but then I find myself back to familiar patterns because I've been trying to teach myself on the fly.  Then I'll be in a grey area of swing or swing thoughts and the feel just isnt there and I haven't actually gotten any better.  

I did drop my handicap a bit last year, but I've not truly gotten much better in the past 6 years.  That does heavily coincide with the fact that I now have three children (6 y/o, 4 y/o, and 2 y/o), but I'm finding I have more time again so I want to get to that next level.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I follow him on Instagram and he seems to do the same with most of his students.  I think that is just how he is.  I will say he earns his money, dude is a hard worker but it's just overload for me.  He talks fast, and he expects you to keep up.  I coach baseball and football and I know with some people you have to take things slow while others grasp the concepts and you can accelerate teaching.  I think he just has one speed.  I could totally be wrong here, but it's just my impression.  Like I said before though, I like his ideas but he would totally need to dummy them down for me.

He is very energetic and runs at 💯 all the time. Some of his videos in his online course are that way too but not all out.

Understanding his terminology helps a long way. His philosophy is all about matchups so in that video he’s talking about several different things but they are all related to each other. Because if you don’t get into certain setup and position within some parameters at the top you will end up have to compensate to get to the ball and make contact. 

He does a good job at explaining what happens in the swing and why people do what they do based on they move. 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

He is very energetic and runs at 💯 all the time. Some of his videos in his online course are that way too but not all out.

Understanding his terminology helps a long way. His philosophy is all about matchups so in that video he’s talking about several different things but they are all related to each other. Because if you don’t get into certain setup and position within some parameters at the top you will end up have to compensate to get to the ball and make contact. 

He does a good job at explaining what happens in the swing and why people do what they do based on they move. 

Yeah, I get that part.  I like how he explained humping the ball.  I think a lot of golfers tend to do this at times (myself included).  Sometimes we just get stuck.  I've watched a number of his videos and all the golfers he works with all have the same swing from young to old.  They all look pretty good, much better than my train wreck of a swing. 

2 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Yeah, I get that part.  I like how he explained humping the ball.  I think a lot of golfers tend to do this at times (myself included).  Sometimes we just get stuck.  I've watched a number of his videos and all the golfers he works with all have the same swing from young to old.  They all look pretty good, much better than my train wreck of a swing. 

They do look similar for the most part but he has students that range anywhere from across the line at the top to those that are short of parallel. What most all do is get setup similar into back of the armpits in-line with the balls do their feet and knees. They have soft upper back and some rounding in the lower back. This allows them to rotate and get depth and avoids the goat humping at any point in the swing. They also all use the ground very well as a result and get recentered. He has some students that do it early and others that do it late, but because of the proper rotation they can all shallow and rotate into the impact.

Im one who suffers from early extension because of balance being to far out on the toes and rebalancing in the takeaway but leads to lack of rotation and getting stuck in transition. I’ve been working with one of his teachers and have been working on the setup and rotation and also getting the shaft more vertical in the backswing 

21 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They do look similar for the most part but he has students that range anywhere from across the line at the top to those that are short of parallel. What most all do is get setup similar into back of the armpits in-line with the balls do their feet and knees. They have soft upper back and some rounding in the lower back. This allows them to rotate and get depth and avoids the goat humping at any point in the swing. They also all use the ground very well as a result and get recentered. He has some students that do it early and others that do it late, but because of the proper rotation they can all shallow and rotate into the impact.

Im one who suffers from early extension because of balance being to far out on the toes and rebalancing in the takeaway but leads to lack of rotation and getting stuck in transition. I’ve been working with one of his teachers and have been working on the setup and rotation and also getting the shaft more vertical in the backswing 

How is the transition for you?  Where are you working with one of his teachers, what course?  Like I said, I like his ideas, just him teaching would be hard for me due to his being all over the place so quickly.  If I could get someone to slow things down, I would be more likely to try it.  I like the setup he explains.  I have a pretty flat back in my swing and we could ALL use more rotation so if it's easier from his set up, I would be all for it!

4 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

How is the transition for you?  Where are you working with one of his teachers, what course?  Like I said, I like his ideas, just him teaching would be hard for me due to his being all over the place so quickly.  If I could get someone to slow things down, I would be more likely to try it.  I like the setup he explains.  I have a pretty flat back in my swing and we could ALL use more rotation so if it's easier from his set up, I would be all for it!

It’s coming along. I didn’t spend much time practicing last year as I normally do because weather never agreed with my schedule so it’s been a little slower than it should be. My setup and rotation has gotten better but still have some work to do on undoing years of over rotating the lead shoulder on the backswing.

I am working with Mark Odenthal online. There’s another guy in Vegas Jake Gilmer that does online as well.

Edit: had the last name of Jake wrong

On 2/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

His online course is absolutely amazing. I know what you mean with his online videos on YouTube seeming all over the place but the breakdown and detail in his online program is awesome, there is a comment section where you can ask questions and one of the coaches will get back to you really quickly. It was money well spent for me.

Edited by stephenmatt

Are there any pro's that look down the line at impact like he trying to get this guy to do with his eyes?  I have looked at quite a few current and older pro golf swings and haven't found anyone yet that does that.  

10 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Are there any pro's that look down the line at impact like he trying to get this guy to do with his eyes?  I have looked at quite a few current and older pro golf swings and haven't found anyone yet that does that.  

The looking down the line is a feel for getting the head to “swivel”!and help with rotation. If you look at Wolf’s swing he doesn’t really look down the line a lot. Most tour players have some head swivel and don’t stay in one spot.  I don’t think any pro does it to the extent that Duval and Annika did it.

I got a different and maybe wrong message about it just being a "feel" from what he is teaching at about the 7:40 mark.  And the slo mo videos on youtube of Wolff clearly show his head not swiveling until his hands are past his waist on his follow through.  Annika is earlier than Wolff but still after impact and before hands get waist high while Duvall is definitely the earliest I have seen, with the head swiveling before impact.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:29 PM, Shapotomous said:

I think since Riggs' head doesn't move at all he is trying to exaggerate the feel to help promote some upper body movement. He isn't saying just to let the head fly towards the target before impact. It's more of a side look while the head starts to let go is what I took from it.

Edited by stephenmatt