Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Removing Cobra Connect Grips

Does anyone have any experience with removal of a Cobra Connect grip, using compressed air? 

I was thinking a basketball needle or something in the narrow end.  

Just wondering before I grenade it 🤪🤣

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I actually just did this about a month ago. Thought I was destroying the sensor prying it out but they do pop out fairly easy with a screwdriver. I had an air nozzle with a brass nipple on the end of it. I put the nozzle in the hole on the butt end and it worked but I messed up the grip, blew up like a balloon in one spot. I’d recommend sliding something between the shaft and the grip to help bleed pressure. Of course the shop air at work was probably too much pressure. I got the butt end free easily but had to really work on the small end. Probably a little impatient on my part. I definitely feel like I could do it fairly easily now...hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we're in the same boat!  @Grit Golf helped out big time.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 7/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, LeftyRM7 said:

I actually just did this about a month ago. Thought I was destroying the sensor prying it out but they do pop out fairly easy with a screwdriver. I had an air nozzle with a brass nipple on the end of it. I put the nozzle in the hole on the butt end and it worked but I messed up the grip, blew up like a balloon in one spot. I’d recommend sliding something between the shaft and the grip to help bleed pressure. Of course the shop air at work was probably too much pressure. I got the butt end free easily but had to really work on the small end. Probably a little impatient on my part. I definitely feel like I could do it fairly easily now...hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall the Cobra Lamkin grips on my other clubs being stuck on really good, and had the same huge bubble experience as you, grip ended up warped. 

I actually popped a putter grip trying to inflate it. Holy cow, sounded like a 9mm with no headphones.  😞 😱  I have to remember to wear my ear protection in case of a blowout. 

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Wayne Micallef said:

If I remove the censor from my cobra, do I need a new shaft. The grip is splitting around the edge of the sleeve housing the censor and I’m concerned the shaft without the censor will be shorter than standard.

No. You won’t need a new shaft

• 11 months later...

put a short section  (grip length) of pvc pipe that the id is slightly more than the grip OD over the grip and it will not explode, and the grip will take air pressure up to 80 or 90 pounds without damage. use this method to remove most grips without damage.  Also you can slightly wet standard grip tape to install grips with out solvent using 30 to 40 lbs of air pressure.

Edited by texasusa