TESTERS WANTED! ×

This may sound ludicrous

I did intend tring to play `proper`golf again but for various reasons its not to be ,but because i`ve enjoyed it i thought well why not just play at my local par 3 course so thats it .

Reasons

i cant play the game , a lot less expensive , not as time cosuming , no slow play ,no golf snobs, still get some exercise and ......................i can use a chipper lol

Thanks for everything

K5

Edited by kingfive
1 hour ago, kingfive said:

I did intend tring to play `proper`golf again but for various reasons its not to be ,but because i`ve enjoyed it i thought well why not just play at my local par 3 course so thats it .

Reasons

i cant play the game , a lot less expensive , not as time cosuming , no slow play ,no golf snobs, still get some exercise and ......................i can use a chipper lol

Thanks for everything

K5

On the end of the day, all it matters is that you are having fun.

just enjoy the game.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

36 minutes ago, SnakeDoc said:

On the end of the day, all it matters is that you are having fun.

just enjoy the game.

My sentiments exactly ----- Do your own thing if it makes you happy

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Might I recommend telling your significant other (wife, husband, GF, BF, non-gender partner) that you're playing a full 18 on a long course and spending the additional time at a bar.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

I went to the muni near my house on Sunday morning to use the range.  Bunch of former frat boys standing at the range blasting music, talking about how much they drank last night, burping, farting, and one of them even relieved himself in the trees.  That one trip alone has drawn me to the par 3 course when I need a quick tune-up

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

Golf is a game, a game is meant to be enjoyed.  Play whatever you enjoy.

I enjoy playing par 3 courses.  Lots of actual short game practice in a short amount of time.

I also enjoy playing at a 9-hole executive course that has 2 par 3's, 6 short par 4's, and one short par 5.  Certain times of the day, the course is fairly open and can be played very quickly.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I really got started on a par 3 course. It was a big par 3 course if there is such a thing. Yardages from 95 yards up to 250. I started because you got to leave work at 2:00 on golf day. If you didn't play you had to stay to 5 and cover for the golfers. One year of that and I took up golf! I really enjoyed it and after several weeks / months of playing in a work league I started venturing out to the big courses. The rest is history.  I've been practicing  for group therapy. " Hi, my name is Tom and I am addicted to golf" 😂

Have fun on the par 3 course and you never know where the future will take you.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

7 hours ago, Jwhite86 said:

I went to the muni near my house on Sunday morning to use the range.  Bunch of former frat boys standing at the range blasting music, talking about how much they drank last night, burping, farting, and one of them even relieved himself in the trees.  That one trip alone has drawn me to the par 3 course when I need a quick tune-up

Insert the word Tourist or wedding parties and you have what happened to a couple of courses here with the same owners. I think they lost all of their local members. I know one of the groups I played in there let their local memberships lapse and did not renew. One thing around here if you do not like what goes on there are about 90 different courses to choose from. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

i live for the big boy courses. Nothing better that early morning Sunday air.

However, I recently came across a 'executive' par 61 course and it is genius, especially during the week. really quick rounds. great for practice. probably use more clubs than I do on the actual course. i get the appeal. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Basically  were i go  is an 18 hole `pitch and putt` ,the longest hole is 125yds the shorttest is 58 ,the local council look after it well ,it has a some trees not every hole has a bunker (thank the lord) some of the greens are flat but some are sculptured ,all in all its just the ticket

i get up early on my days off,  theres no slow play worries or anything like that and its only £4 at today prices thats $5 but with covid 19 they haven`t maned it so its free but theres no flags out but that doesn`t matter to me

so thats it ,thanks for all your advice and kinds words

Happy golfing

K5

6 hours ago, kingfive said:

Basically  were i go  is an 18 hole `pitch and putt` ,the longest hole is 125yds the shorttest is 58 ,the local council look after it well ,it has a some trees not every hole has a bunker (thank the lord) some of the greens are flat but some are sculptured ,all in all its just the ticket

i get up early on my days off,  theres no slow play worries or anything like that and its only £4 at today prices thats $5 but with covid 19 they haven`t maned it so its free but theres no flags out but that doesn`t matter to me

so thats it ,thanks for all your advice and kinds words

Happy golfing

K5

Sounds like the perfect scenario.  Enjoy learning the game, being outside, and just have fun.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, BIG STU said:

Insert the word Tourist or wedding parties and you have what happened to a couple of courses here with the same owners. I think they lost all of their local members. I know one of the groups I played in there let their local memberships lapse and did not renew. One thing around here if you do not like what goes on there are about 90 different courses to choose from. 

... As someone that plays hundreds of rounds a year as a single both at home and away, I am always pleasantly amazed at how many good people I am paired up with. Yes, every now and then you run across some frat boys or idiots of any age or selfish slow play groups but well over 95% iff the time it is just good people of varying skills that are very pleasant company for 4-5 hours sharing a golf course.

... That said, I got paired up with THAT GUY last week. Firs hole he is riding in a cart and 3 of us are walking and I hit the green from 160 and he says "What kind of irons are those?" I said Titleist T100-S and he comments he wanted to see those because they are the replacements for his AP1's. I told him they are not actually replacements but would be close to AP2's, not AP1's. "Ah, I see. What shafts are you using?" I told him Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts and he says "No, what shafts?" I was confused and asked him what was he playing and he says "Regular steel" and I asked what kind of regular steel and he kinda laughs and says "I dunno, Titleist regular steel". He had no idea what kind of shafts he was playing which were AMT White, all he wanted to know was what flex my shafts were. Kinda weird to start an equipment discussion with very little equipment knowledge but I quickly realized he was gonna talk like a smoke alarm that just won't stop beeping. He was a nice enough guy but I tried to avoid him as much as possible but he would follow one of us and talk non stop. I have probably played with this same guy maybe 5 times in my entire life and hope I don't run into #6. 😳

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... As someone that plays hundreds of rounds a year as a single both at home and away, I am always pleasantly amazed at how many good people I am paired up with. Yes, every now and then you run across some frat boys or idiots of any age or selfish slow play groups but well over 95% iff the time it is just good people of varying skills that are very pleasant company for 4-5 hours sharing a golf course.

... That said, I got paired up with THAT GUY last week. Firs hole he is riding in a cart and 3 of us are walking and I hit the green from 160 and he says "What kind of irons are those?" I said Titleist T100-S and he comments he wanted to see those because they are the replacements for his AP1's. I told him they are not actually replacements but would be close to AP2's, not AP1's. "Ah, I see. What shafts are you using?" I told him Kuro Kage Tini 105 gm shafts and he says "No, what shafts?" I was confused and asked him what was he playing and he says "Regular steel" and I asked what kind of regular steel and he kinda laughs and says "I dunno, Titleist regular steel". He had no idea what kind of shafts he was playing which were AMT White, all he wanted to know was what flex my shafts were. Kinda weird to start an equipment discussion with very little equipment knowledge but I quickly realized he was gonna talk like a smoke alarm that just won't stop beeping. He was a nice enough guy but I tried to avoid him as much as possible but he would follow one of us and talk non stop. I have probably played with this same guy maybe 5 times in my entire life and hope I don't run into #6. 😳

Had not heard that line before. Made me crack up, will use it in the future. Hopefully you won't run into # 6 anytime soon.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

12 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Had not heard that line before. Made me crack up, will use it in the future. Hopefully you won't run into # 6 anytime soon.

... Came to me as I was writing. I might use it again myowenself.  🙃

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

One of my favorite ways to prep for a tournament is to go play a par 3 course close to where I live. I can hit from four different tee-boxes pending the iron/distances I am practicing for.

I really wish more people had access to par 3 courses as IMO its a great way to learn, improve ones game.

Started both my sons on par 3 course and I believe it helped them stay interested in the game vs making them sit 3-5 hours on an 18 hole course when they were young (<10 yrs old). 

We have a 18 hole executive course up the street and they also have a 9 hole par 3. The backside of the executive is lighted and so is the par 3 course. But they have problems as being over priced. They want $15 for 9 holes on the par 3 and $45 for the executive course. Their range is outrageous too $18 for a large bucket of balls. Most courses around here the same bucket of balls is at the most $8. We used to have a local bunch of us that went to the range about 7:00 each night and hit balls and sometimes we got up games on the executive or par 3 course. Well the owners who know squat about golf raised prices and all the locals split up. One of the owners called me the next fall ( I used to work for them) and asked 'where was all his local players?" I told him well you got to doing outrageous tourist prices and every one left. Later on a friend of mine told me he said "Screw the locals we will aim for the tourists"  When all this virus thing hit and the whole beach was shut down to out of towners they tried to get the local bunch back. No dice there was too many local specials on real courses. I ain't been to that place in 8 years now. It's a shame because that par 3 was ideal for the wedge game and a lot of fun in money games.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Here a few more pics on one hole i cant make it over the trees so i go between them and on another hole you have to skirt some gorse or loose your ball , i have drawn the flags in on some because with the covid 19 situation the local council have not manned it ,so the no flags out and its free they just open the gates and once a week or so tidy it up ,but it is it good condition i was teeing off on the first a 07.40 this morning ,no one else there just me it was awesome

20200716_084642.jpg

20200716_084646.jpg

20200716_084649.jpg

20200716_084657.jpg

20200716_085538.jpg

20200716_090420.jpg

Edited by kingfive

I used to quite often play a 9 hole Pitch and Putt course, it was great fun plus it was the best way I found to hone my short game. Much better than going to the driving range. Unfortunately it eventually was closed as like allot of course are trying to do these days they wanted to make it longer and so the Par 3 course was scrapped.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001