TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rocket Mortgage Classic

fixyurdivot

image.png.f4061fa3324317dca89edc954d2f50e9.png

So Dustin finally gets rolling last week at the Travelers, picking up #21.  Looks like he's taking this week off to rearrange the trophy case and do some banking 🙂.  My teams anchorman (Webb Simpson) is back in the mix, so naturally I'm pulling for him (Cabrera-Bello, Tway, Harman, and Gay), though my gut says it's going to be a first time winner.  Who do you think will raise the hardware on Sunday?

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/rocket-mortgage-classic.html

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

As a betting man big rick looks intriguing at 30-1 odds 🤔

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I hope someone with a PING putter wins.

Ummm... not me. Not one Team Fix player uses a PING putter.  You know, now that I think about it, that may very well be the problem. 😆

Rickie played well today. Super calves Scott Stalling off to a hot start!!

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Bryson has the announcer crew giggling like schoolgirls when he lets the big dog eat... even when he “heel wipes” it.

That spinner wedge Wesley Bryan played from the middle of 14 green to the back tier was SUPER salty!

Vijay looks like some kind of super villain sporting the silver goatee.

I’m picking Hovland to hoist the hardware on Sunday... dude is a beast.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

17 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Bryson has the announcer crew giggling like schoolgirls when he lets the big dog eat... even when he “heel wipes” it.

That spinner wedge Wesley Bryan played from the middle of 14 green to the back tier was SUPER salty!

Vijay looks like some kind of super villain sporting the silver goatee.

I’m picking Hovland to hoist the hardware on Sunday... dude is a beast.

I would love to see Hovland win and break the Puerto Rico curse.. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

Sure enough.  I'm watching the highlights of his round on Golf Channel now and the crew is gushing.  A few of his swings off the tee looked downright violent. 

Sure enough.  I'm watching the highlights of his round on Golf Channel now and the crew is gushing.  A few of his swings off the tee looked downright violent. 

Definitely violent. 376 yards , yikes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Need Rickie to come out hot again today..

So Bryson is 1st in strokes gained off the tee.

5th in strokes gained from putting

145th in strokes gained with those wedges...

I've got to wonder if those one length wedges are the issue.  While I'm not in the same planet talent or skill wise, the one thing I could never figure out in my time playing with one lengths was the short game.  I'm curious if the scientist will look at the data, admit he's got a massive flaw and go one length up to but not including his wedges.  Heck, at this point he doesn't use anything longer than his 9i...  

1 hour ago, the great spinks said:

I've got to wonder if those one length wedges are the issue.  While I'm not in the same planet talent or skill wise, the one thing I could never figure out in my time playing with one lengths was the short game.  I'm curious if the scientist will look at the data, admit he's got a massive flaw and go one length up to but not including his wedges.  Heck, at this point he doesn't use anything longer than his 9i...  

I really think we will see more wedges enter his bag. With his ability to change his swing speed,  he could probably get away with a 6° gap with his irons, then tighten up the wedges....  also leaving more room for more wedge options.

but the dude is an animal, anything he does would not surprise me.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

I really think we will see more wedges enter his bag. With his ability to change his swing speed,  he could probably get away with a 6° gap with his irons, then tighten up the wedges....  also leaving more room for more wedge options.

but the dude is an animal, anything he does would not surprise me.

In his post round interview, he says he's still looking for "the next level" off the tee.  The swing was never pretty to start with and IMO has become one of the ugliest on tour.  It's golfs version of Jose Canseco vs. baseball.  I'm really impressed on how accurate he still is.  Perhaps what he means by next level is FIR; I have a hard time believing there is much more left on the swing speed? 🤔

Meanwhile, my man Webb is showing them some savvy old school. 👍

I read an article this morning that argued he’s hurting himself by playing one length through the wedges. One way or another he needs to improve that facet of his game- top 10’s are great but I’m sure he’d love to sneak a win or two in.

The driving is unreal - if that keeps up the Tour will have no choice but to take steps to mitigate it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I feel for BAD.

He’s been in the spotlight since the PGA Tour resumed.

People with way too much time and opinions that smell like garbage on the golf networks and social media.

Saying that hypocritically because I have said things that are absolute garbage myself.

But man, social media is a show.

I’ve definitely gotten PO’d at work and wouldn’t have wanted someone videoing me.

I feel for BAD.

People with way too much time and opinions that smell like garbage on the golf networks and social media.

Saying that hypocritically because I have said things that are absolute garbage myself.

I’ve definitely gotten PO’d at work and wouldn’t have wanted someone videoing me.

True but you can’t afford a publicity person who tells you, “Don’t do it!”

That’s what makes it amazing when these guys do. I will still enjoy watching him play tomorrow though.

I was rooting Wolff regardless

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

He should've just owned up to the outburst. We all get frustrated. The bigger issue was that he wigged out on the cameraperson. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

3 straight tournaments with Bryson in serious contention, why are people still trying to pick his game apart? Not sure I get it. Sure, his short game is probably what's holding him back from the winners circle, but that's by just a handful of strokes all weekend. He's playing extremely well, and if he keeps it up he's gonna win soon, no doubt.

Meanwhile people are still giving Ricky all sorts of run and think this is the tournament he'll turn it around (obviously swing changes are very difficult), I just think it's really interesting how media and social can nit pick a guy who's been hands down the best golfer since the resumption of play, then go and talk up a guy who hasn't won in 5(?) years, and is coming off all sorts of missed cuts. I get that Ricky's a really likeable guy, but I still can't quite get that one straight in my head

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I guess it speaks to human nature in some ways. I’m fascinated in how so many people are so willing to condemn Patrick Reed at every opportunity but continually give Bryson a hall pass for his.

Seems like someone who grew up without discipline to me. That’s completely an assumption based on what I see from his behavior. But he has an excuse for everything and it’s almost always someone else’s fault.

I feel for BAD.

I do not. He's got it made. If you don't want to be videotaped being a jerk in public, don't be a jerk in public. If you have to say you're a "good dude" in a press conference, you are definitely not a good dude. Bryson DeBag....

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/04/eamon-lynch-bryson-dechambeau-berating-a-cameraman-reveals-his-true-brand/

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I guess it speaks to human nature in some ways. I’m fascinated in how so many people are so willing to condemn Patrick Reed at every opportunity but continually give Bryson a hall pass for his.

Seems like someone who grew up without discipline to me. That’s completely an assumption based on what I see from his behavior. But he has an excuse for everything and it’s almost always someone else’s fault.

He should own it. Make it part of his “Mad Scientist” persona. “You never know when Mr. Hyde will show up.” Or The Hulk, something. Either way this dude will change the game. They won’t sit back at let this guy be 40-60 yards out on par 4’s or on the green for long before it “ruins the game.”

As far as Patrick, he is nowhere as villainous as he is made out to be. I personally did not like him very much, but came to realize that I have no business judging people at all, even when they blatantly cheat. So play on Patrick.

Just check twitter and you’ll see some of the worst in about 9’seconds, and unfortunately a lot of people just join the pack.

I do not. He's got it made. If you don't want to be videotaped being a jerk in public, don't be a jerk in public. If you have to say you're a "good dude" in a press conference, you are definitely not a good dude. Bryson DeBag....

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/04/eamon-lynch-bryson-dechambeau-berating-a-cameraman-reveals-his-true-brand/

Take Dead Aim

Sounds great.

True but you can’t afford a publicity person who tells you, “Don’t do it!”

That’s what makes it amazing when these guys do. I will still enjoy watching him play tomorrow though.

I was rooting Wolff regardless

Yup, I am also looking for a Wolff win today. I like that kid.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Looking at DataGolf statistics this morning. Bryson is first in strokes gained off the tee. No real surprise there. But he is dead last in the field in strokes gained around the greens. He’s giving away most of his driving gains with his short game.

Interested to see how this formula works in the majors where ball position and short game are tested much more than regular Tour events.

Looking at DataGolf statistics this morning. Bryson is first in strokes gained off the tee. No real surprise there. But he is dead last in the field in strokes gained around the greens. He’s giving away most of his driving gains with his short game.

Interested to see how this formula works in the majors where ball position and short game are tested much more than regular Tour events.

I was looking at that too. If he finds even a little bit more success with the wedges it is going to get out of hand.

He will be driving Par 5’s at the Open with the right wind and rock fairways.

I was looking at that too. If he finds even a little bit more success with the wedges it is going to get out of hand.

He will be driving Par 5’s at the Open with the right wind and rock fairways.

Nothing is given. He still has to do it. But the driving is an advantage if he can figure out how to stop giving it back everywhere else.

12 hours ago, revkev said:

The driving is unreal - if that keeps up the Tour will have no choice but to take steps to mitigate it.

I think that will depend on whether his recent metamorphous starts a following.  The allure of being the tours long ball hitter will almost certainly attract other players to pursue the goal.  If that happens, and we start seeing a dozen Bryson's in the field every week, that may move the USGA to do something. Honestly, I was sort of expecting to see some trade off in other aspects of his game and that really hasn't happened - at least to any great extent.  Whether others can build that much bulk in such a short time and not see a downside in another part of the game remains to be seen.  Let the "HulkFest" commence 🙂.

Hulk GIFs | Tenor

I'm in the "driving the ball a long way is a skill" camp. He's hitting 370y drives and has yet to win still. No need to make a knee jerk reaction and start thinking of ways to undo what he has accomplished with his newly-found speed. He's willing to put in the work no one else wants to and earn the gains, that's his reward.

The people who have opinions on how he gained the weight, how fast, how much, etc are just insecure about their own bodies to the point where they need to have an opinion. It's his body let him do with it whatever he wants, as long as he's not on the juice who cares?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond