fixyurdivot

Rocket Mortgage Classic

Our Sponsors

I feel for BAD.

He’s been in the spotlight since the PGA Tour resumed.

People with way too much time and opinions that smell like garbage on the golf networks and social media.

Saying that hypocritically because I have said things that are absolute garbage myself.

But man, social media is a show.

I’ve definitely gotten PO’d at work and wouldn’t have wanted someone videoing me.
I do not. He's got it made. If you don't want to be videotaped being a jerk in public, don't be a jerk in public. If you have to say you're a "good dude" in a press conference, you are definitely not a good dude. Bryson DeBag....

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/04/eamon-lynch-bryson-dechambeau-berating-a-cameraman-reveals-his-true-brand/

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess it speaks to human nature in some ways. I’m fascinated in how so many people are so willing to condemn Patrick Reed at every opportunity but continually give Bryson a hall pass for his.

Seems like someone who grew up without discipline to me. That’s completely an assumption based on what I see from his behavior. But he has an excuse for everything and it’s almost always someone else’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

He should own it. Make it part of his “Mad Scientist” persona. “You never know when Mr. Hyde will show up.” Or The Hulk, something. Either way this dude will change the game. They won’t sit back at let this guy be 40-60 yards out on par 4’s or on the green for long before it “ruins the game.”

As far as Patrick, he is nowhere as villainous as he is made out to be. I personally did not like him very much, but came to realize that I have no business judging people at all, even when they blatantly cheat. So play on Patrick.

Just check twitter and you’ll see some of the worst in about 9’seconds, and unfortunately a lot of people just join the pack.
  • Like 3

I do not. He's got it made. If you don't want to be videotaped being a jerk in public, don't be a jerk in public. If you have to say you're a "good dude" in a press conference, you are definitely not a good dude. Bryson DeBag....

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/04/eamon-lynch-bryson-dechambeau-berating-a-cameraman-reveals-his-true-brand/

Take Dead Aim

Sounds great.

True but you can’t afford a publicity person who tells you, “Don’t do it!”

That’s what makes it amazing when these guys do. I will still enjoy watching him play tomorrow though.

I was rooting Wolff regardless

Yup, I am also looking for a Wolff win today. I like that kid.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Looking at DataGolf statistics this morning. Bryson is first in strokes gained off the tee. No real surprise there. But he is dead last in the field in strokes gained around the greens. He’s giving away most of his driving gains with his short game.

Interested to see how this formula works in the majors where ball position and short game are tested much more than regular Tour events.

• Like 4

Looking at DataGolf statistics this morning. Bryson is first in strokes gained off the tee. No real surprise there. But he is dead last in the field in strokes gained around the greens. He’s giving away most of his driving gains with his short game.

Interested to see how this formula works in the majors where ball position and short game are tested much more than regular Tour events.

I was looking at that too. If he finds even a little bit more success with the wedges it is going to get out of hand.

He will be driving Par 5’s at the Open with the right wind and rock fairways.
  • Like 3

I was looking at that too. If he finds even a little bit more success with the wedges it is going to get out of hand.

He will be driving Par 5’s at the Open with the right wind and rock fairways.

Nothing is given. He still has to do it. But the driving is an advantage if he can figure out how to stop giving it back everywhere else.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, revkev said:

The driving is unreal - if that keeps up the Tour will have no choice but to take steps to mitigate it.

I think that will depend on whether his recent metamorphous starts a following.  The allure of being the tours long ball hitter will almost certainly attract other players to pursue the goal.  If that happens, and we start seeing a dozen Bryson's in the field every week, that may move the USGA to do something. Honestly, I was sort of expecting to see some trade off in other aspects of his game and that really hasn't happened - at least to any great extent.  Whether others can build that much bulk in such a short time and not see a downside in another part of the game remains to be seen.  Let the "HulkFest" commence 🙂.

Hulk GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I'm very impressed with Detroit Country Club. The pros are going low, but it looks like a great course for member play. 36 holes designed by Ross, and a beautiful clubhouse. Looks like a fantastic club.

• Like 2

I'm in the "driving the ball a long way is a skill" camp. He's hitting 370y drives and has yet to win still. No need to make a knee jerk reaction and start thinking of ways to undo what he has accomplished with his newly-found speed. He's willing to put in the work no one else wants to and earn the gains, that's his reward.

The people who have opinions on how he gained the weight, how fast, how much, etc are just insecure about their own bodies to the point where they need to have an opinion. It's his body let him do with it whatever he wants, as long as he's not on the juice who cares?

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

I think a big part of golf is the mental aspect of it.  Bad shots sometimes happen.  If Bryson can’t keep his cool, he won’t get the win.  No matter what sport, the players that keep their composure in the face of adversity are the ones that will be successful. 

:taylormade-small: M3 driver

:cobra-small: F-max 3/5 fairway woods

:cobra-small: F9 5 hybrid

:cobra-small: 5-SW irons

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4 chipper

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 2 putter

The people who have opinions on how he gained the weight, how fast, how much, etc are just insecure about their own bodies to the point where they need to have an opinion. It's his body let him do with it whatever he wants, as long as he's not on the juice who cares?

My opinion is that the bulk is not sustainable for a lengthy career and he will ultimately have injuries as a result. It’s nothing more than an opinion. It’s certainly not because I’m insecure!

It’s not my opinion of what should happen - it’s what will. If Dechambeau keeps this up it is exactly the excuse that the USGA will use to roll things back. 3 under after 5 with a chance to go to 4 without coming close to a hitting a fairway? Driving it long and straight is a skill, driving it all over the place and still being able to make birdies will be viewed as an issue.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Faldo really seems to think that Bryson's wedge problems stem from using graphite shafts. Someone should tell him that it's the 21st century now, and graphite-shafted irons aren't just for seniors anymore.

• Like 1

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Was just watching Bryson teeing off on 13;  Gotta love when you tell your playing partner to go ahead and tee off because you don't want to hit into a group 400 yards away 🙂

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I swear he was in the deep stuff on that par 3 and then ended up on the fringe after 2 drops

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

I swear he was in the deep stuff on that par 3 and then ended up on the fringe after 2 drops

That’s taking advantage of the rules. Huge turn of events, Wolff was 20 feet from the pin on 14, 1 foot wide right and in tough shape.

This is fun stuff - Wolff has woke up and then Bryson sucked it up and hit two great putts in a row. Yeah he caught a break but he still had to execute and he did.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

BAD is about to silence the haters.

• Like 3