Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Rocket Mortgage Classic

fixyurdivot

3 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Bryson...so much going on with this guy.

He's great for the tour from the standpoint of enhancing the entertainment value of the product.  That he's doing it his way, in a lot of ways (one length, bulking up), is laudable and certainly makes him an athlete I'll continue to follow and pay attention to.

As to the cameraman incident...let's just say I was less than impressed.  One, the cameraman literally did his job.  I guarantee he'd have been in hot water if he had said to himself "oh, he's upset, better not follow him."  At the end of the day, Bryson wanted to NOT be held accountable for his actions.  That's not realistic, and he'd better grow up and figure out that the scrutiny comes with the territory, because his game is only going to increase that scrutiny and attention.

For me personally, I don't need to think an athlete must be a nice guy for me to admire their abilities and follow them, but I know many others don't share that view.  

Yea tough for me to get on board with someone that carries himself in that way when struggling or out in a tough spot.

you're talented man! Carry yourself like it:

”act like you’ve been there”

It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done”

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Bryson...so much going on with this guy.
He's great for the tour from the standpoint of enhancing the entertainment value of the product.  That he's doing it his way, in a lot of ways (one length, bulking up), is laudable and certainly makes him an athlete I'll continue to follow and pay attention to.
As to the cameraman incident...let's just say I was less than impressed.  One, the cameraman literally did his job.  I guarantee he'd have been in hot water if he had said to himself "oh, he's upset, better not follow him."  At the end of the day, Bryson wanted to NOT be held accountable for his actions.  That's not realistic, and he'd better grow up and figure out that the scrutiny comes with the territory, because his game is only going to increase that scrutiny and attention.
For me personally, I don't need to think an athlete must be a nice guy for me to admire their abilities and follow them, but I know many others don't share that view.  

BAD still gas a lot of growing up to do. If he’s concerned about his “Brand” he needs to settle down and let these guys do their job. I’m sure it’s annoying but that’s what you’re paid for.
Hope he gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And that's the great thing about all of this - there's so many PGA players who are genuinely nice people from public and private reports, that it's not worth my time spending any of my energy supporting a petulant spoiled brat. So I don't and I won't. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Yea tough for me to get on board with someone that carries himself in that way when struggling or out in a tough spot.

you're talented man! Carry yourself like it:

”act like you’ve been there”

It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done”

This is a good point.  I have liked Bryson sine he came on Tour, he isn't my favorite, but generally I like most Tour Players unless they prove themselves to be a big "Richard"  There is no doubt if it was Patrick Reed that did this, I along with many others would probably be leading the pitchfork brigade. 

Now Bryson doesn't have a history of this type thing, from what I know, so I'll give him a pass with a slight shake of my head, and hope he reflects on the whole thing, both how he reacted to the cameraman, and his "explanation" in the press conference that was so contradictory in so many ways.   

I think he was "trying" to handle it like Spieth would.   Meaning Spieth is generally very honest and will let you behind his emotions more than most tour players will.  It's just he's a bit more media savvy at this point than Bryson is.   So hopefully Bryson will do better the next time.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is a good point.  I have liked Bryson sine he came on Tour, he isn't my favorite, but generally I like most Tour Players unless they prove themselves to be a big "Richard"  There is no doubt if it was Patrick Reed that did this, I along with many others would probably be leading the pitchfork brigade. 

Now Bryson doesn't have a history of this type thing, from what I know, so I'll give him a pass with a slight shake of my head, and hope he reflects on the whole thing, both how he reacted to the cameraman, and his "explanation" in the press conference that was so contradictory in so many ways.   

I think he was "trying" to handle it like Spieth would.   Meaning Spieth is generally very honest and will let you behind his emotions more than most tour players will.  It's just he's a bit more media savvy at this point than Bryson is.   So hopefully Bryson will do better the next time.   

It’s tough. They’re athletes too, frustration can come over you and that’s what happens but you need to be bigger than that. He’s not the first and won’t be the last. 
also him getting upset other players are heckling him. Guess what pal they’re winning, they’re in your head! 
I would not be surprised if he takes a big stumble next tournament 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

It’s tough. They’re athletes too, frustration can come over you and that’s what happens but you need to be bigger than that. He’s not the first and won’t be the last. 
also him getting upset other players are heckling him. Guess what pal they’re winning, they’re in your head! 
I would not be surprised if he takes a big stumble next tournament 

I hope he doesn't as I know then the "haters" will come out.   Just like all the comments before this week.  He had three top 8 finishes I think since they restarted and just because he didn't close them out on the weekend, I read comments, when is Bryson going to start putting it together...LOL   Pretty tough crowd.  6 wins in four years, is a pretty good pace to start your career. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

IHMO Bryson DeC. is going to tip over the apple cart on the distance rollback thing, especially if he goes to Muirfield and dwarfs Mr. Nicklaus' course right in front of Jack himself.

Where we will end up who knows?  Tour ball?   Tour drivers?    Different rules?(e.g. no tees)

He did lead in strokes gained in putting too.   Can't win if you don't make putts.

18 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Fun fact: Bryson is the first player in the ShotLink era (2004) to lead the field in both SG Off the Tee and SG Putting in a week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

And that is a prescription for winning a boat load of cash. 

Also I don't really care about his attitude or not - much like Barry Bonds at the plate, Bryson on the tee was must see TV for me this weekend.  It's not his fault that the rules are what they are, give him credit for developing a winning strategy and having the courage to put it into play.

I agree that much more of this will simply make the USGA feel justified in rolling something back.  It will be the end of me caring about the rules of golf if they do.  Instead they should call the tours and say, "If you don't do something about this through some sort of local rule, we will."

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

25 minutes ago, revkev said:

And that is a prescription for winning a boat load of cash. 

Also I don't really care about his attitude or not - much like Barry Bonds at the plate, Bryson on the tee was must see TV for me this weekend.  It's not his fault that the rules are what they are, give him credit for developing a winning strategy and having the courage to put it into play.

I agree that much more of this will simply make the USGA feel justified in rolling something back.  It will be the end of me caring about the rules of golf if they do.  Instead they should call the tours and say, "If you don't do something about this through some sort of local rule, we will."

Like you had mentioned earlier, he's hitting it 360y into the crap, and getting away with it. I'd like to see them make missing the fairway a little more punishing, and see if that makes hitting the fairway a premium. Longer/Deeper rough? Sharks with lasers? LAVA?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Like you had mentioned earlier, he's hitting it 360y into the crap, and getting away with it. I'd like to see them make missing the fairway a little more punishing, and see if that makes hitting the fairway a premium. Longer/Deeper rough? Sharks with lasers? LAVA?

I think it's pretty hard to grow long enough rough to make it tougher to hit it closer from 40 yards than from 110 in the fairway but I'm hoping to be wrong on that!!! Perhaps the den of vipers at 340 and pride of lions at 365 will level the playing field. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

I think it's pretty hard to grow long enough rough to make it tougher to hit it closer from 40 yards than from 110 in the fairway but I'm hoping to be wrong on that!!! Perhaps the den of vipers at 340 and pride of lions at 365 will level the playing field. 🙂

With his distance control, or lack thereof, it just might 😉

I think it's pretty hard to grow long enough rough to make it tougher to hit it closer from 40 yards than from 110 in the fairway but I'm hoping to be wrong on that!!! Perhaps the den of vipers at 340 and pride of lions at 365 will level the playing field.

Dunno, he may eat the Lions
4,000 calories a day, WOW!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Dunno, he may eat the Lionsemoji33.png

You missing a 0? Or is there supposed to be a 1 in front of that? 4,000 sounds pretty easy, especially for an athlete.

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Dunno, he may eat the Lionsemoji33.png

My brother is just under 200lbs and eats Obed 3000/day and when he was competing in physique he was cutting on 2800.

4000 isn’t a lot for a someone at 240 and training 2-3x/day

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

You missing a 0? Or is there supposed to be a 1 in front of that? 4,000 sounds pretty easy, especially for an athlete.

Probably more than one 0

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, revkev said:

I read an article this morning that argued he’s hurting himself by playing one length through the wedges. One way or another he needs to improve that facet of his game- top 10’s are great but I’m sure he’d love to sneak a win or two in.

The driving is unreal - if that keeps up the Tour will have no choice but to take steps to mitigate it.

The question is how do you mitigate it?  Any action taken to hurt him distance wise would only help him.  longer courses or a ball rollback will just exaggerate how much longer he is than the other guys.  You may roll him back 20%, but it also rolls back guys like Webb Simpson 20%.  We can say grow the rough out, but he's hitting fairways at around 65% if I recall correctly, and his misses aren't too far off.  I'm interested to see what steps are taken to Bryson-proof courses and how negatively it impacts everyone else on tour.

37 minutes ago, the great spinks said:

The question is how do you mitigate it?  Any action taken to hurt him distance wise would only help him.  longer courses or a ball rollback will just exaggerate how much longer he is than the other guys.  You may roll him back 20%, but it also rolls back guys like Webb Simpson 20%.  We can say grow the rough out, but he's hitting fairways at around 65% if I recall correctly, and his misses aren't too far off.  I'm interested to see what steps are taken to Bryson-proof courses and how negatively it impacts everyone else on tour.

Spot on👌.

Is it weird to anyone else how people are saying that Bryson hitting further is "unfair"? Last I checked nobody has said that Tyreek Hill is too fast and should play in penny loafers. Or Mike Trout is too good and needs to bat with a popsicle stick and field barehanded. Last I checked the whole point of sports is to try and be better than everybody else.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Meanwhile people are still giving Ricky all sorts of run and think this is the tournament he'll turn it around (obviously swing changes are very difficult), I just think it's really interesting how media and social can nit pick a guy who's been hands down the best golfer since the resumption of play, then go and talk up a guy who hasn't won in 5(?) years, and is coming off all sorts of missed cuts. I get that Ricky's a really likeable guy, but I still can't quite get that one straight in my head

Fowler is this generation’s Sergio Garcia: all the talent in the world but can’t seem to get the talent to equal wins, specifically majors. My guess is he’ll have a career similar to Sergio: a fan favorite, pushing 20 wins, maybe a major or 2 towards the end of his prime. Great guy and certainly not a bad career, but I feel like he’s underachieves for the last 5+ years.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV