TESTERS WANTED! ×

What would you do?

Long story short. The group infront of us today was deathly slow. The group behind us very impatient. Twice these dicks drove their ball into us in the middle of the fairway the second landing a foot from me. What would you do? What should I have done?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Call the pro shop and have them get the group in front of you to move it or call you through.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

24 minutes ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

Call the pro shop and have them get the group in front of you to move it or call you through.

I was more concerned about the 200mph golf ball that almost killed me. 

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Had a similar situation on Tuesday. We were stuck behind a few groups and twice on the back 9 the group behind hit into us, the second of which came far too close for comfort as I was walking off the green. I didn't confront them about it but I did make sure to stop and flip them the bird to let them know. Didn't happen again.

Long story short. The group infront of us today was deathly slow. The group behind us very impatient. Twice these dicks drove their ball into us in the middle of the fairway the second landing a foot from me. What would you do? What should I have done?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hour ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

Been on both sides of this one.

I’ve hit into groups that either I didn’t see, or thought I couldn’t reach and hit my drive 30 yards further than usual. Best one was on a 315 yard par 4, and I smashed it by my standards. Ended up hitting the flagstick while the other group was putting. I always go and apologize when that happens. 

Typically if a group hits into us once, I wave at them. If it happens more than once I’ll go and chat with them. I’ve been hit into even after our chat, and I had to get the pro shop involved because it’s dangerous. 

Occasionally in the men’s league I play in, one of the guys will hit up on the group ahead. In good fun the ball gets teed up where it lies. Sometimes on a beer bottle or other prop. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

12 hours ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

Agreed with calling the Pro shop, also I would probably have talked to the group behind and explain what was going on, at times you do not see that the group ahead of you is also being held up, It sucks to me seeing people held up in the tee behind, as much as it sucks to be stuck behind someone else.

I did shoot my drive by someone's cart a couple weeks back, to be fair, they took forever for them to hit their balls from the fairway, the 4 people ahead of us had driven in the woods and had to pitch it to the fairway, and I thought I was in the clear, but one of them decided to drive back and take drop where they had been shooting their 3rd and lost it again to the woods in the left. It was a blind corner from the tee box. Needless to say they picked up my ball. It was a brand new ProV1X.

My playing partner and I explained to the guy behind that we were also held up by the group in front of us, so we waited for him and joined up for the rest of round.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

The first time I'd wave and if close to each other just say something like "hey, this isn't us, even if you pass us you will be held up in front"

If they did it again, I'd see what kind of ball it is.  If it's good I'd pocket it, if not then I'd take a wedge and hit it back towards them. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

I have had this happened numerous times over the years I have been playing. 99% of the time it was due to slowness/backup of group/s in front. Over the last few years I would drive my cart and/or walk back to group behind and tell them the situation (group in front is slow) and to let my group finish and at the next tee box they can play through. Caveat if I have three and the impatient or fast playing group behind is a twosome, I ask if they would like to join. Sometimes that works.

That approach has always worked for me. Sometimes the group behind me will accept the offer and sometimes they lay back.

In my group if everyone is playing from fairway I prefer to finish the hole and then let group behind pass from tee box. Only if I am off the fairway do I let them pass midway through hole.

And I do mention it to the pro shop people and/or course marshal (if any). Some courses do a horrible service between tee off time spacing and yes some groups are abysmally slow. Not a comfortable position to be in.

First time I typically look back at them with hands raised in a what the heck. And i didn't mean heck! 

Second time, they know what they did, so I stomp the ball into the ground or drive over it with the cart.

Third time either I pick up their ball or if I can tell they are doing it on purpose, I hit the ball back at them, then call the pro shop. Only had to do that once in 30 years.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

16 hours ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I give folks the benefit of doubt figuring perhaps they did not see us or perhaps got an "on the screws" shot not expecting it to go that far - it happens.  Hopefully they apologized for doing so.  Quite frankly, I don't care how slow things get or how frustrated someone gets - hitting into the group in front, on purpose, is stupid.  Holler at them to get going, etc., but hitting into a group is akin to the tailgater -  feeling safe in the confines of their car.  I'll generally let the first time slide but if a group does it a second time, the not so friendly side of me emerges. 

Regarding the group in front, I presume they had real estate open ahead of them?  If so, I usually don't say anything for a hole or two but if it continues, ask them to please speed up play or let us play through.  Most times these situations can be resolved w/o getting a bunch of folks all hot under the collar... but every once in awhile some just lack common sense, courtesy, or both.

Ultimately that's the benefit of having good, competent, course marshals.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

43 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I give folks the benefit of doubt figuring perhaps they did not see us or perhaps got an "on the screws" shot not expecting it to go that far - it happens.  Hopefully they apologized for doing so.  Quite frankly, I don't care how slow things get or how frustrated someone gets - hitting into the group in front, on purpose, is stupid.  Holler at them to get going, etc., but hitting into a group is akin to the tailgater -  feeling safe in the confines of their car.  I'll generally let the first time slide but if a group does it a second time, the not so friendly side of me emerges. 

Regarding the group in front, I presume they had real estate open ahead of them?  If so, I usually don't say anything for a hole or two but if it continues, ask them to please speed up play or let us play through.  Most times these situations can be resolved w/o getting a bunch of folks all hot under the collar... but every once in awhile some just lack common sense, courtesy, or both.

Ultimately that's the benefit of having good, competent, course marshals.  

Normally I would ask them to play through, but my home course has a no play through rule because of COVID. Its a pretty silly rule because we don't have to get close to play thorugh.

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

First time I give them the benefit of the doubt as I have been on the teebox before where it is hard to tell if you are good or not, you wait and wait and finally they start moving up and then you just catch one that goes 300. Oops. First time, lift the arms up and look back at them. If it happens again you throw the ball back. Third time you pocket the ball and tell the cart lady that our buddies behind us are going to pick up this round of drinks.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!
8 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

First time I give them the benefit of the doubt as I have been on the teebox before where it is hard to tell if you are good or not, you wait and wait and finally they start moving up and then you just catch one that goes 300. Oops. First time, lift the arms up and look back at them. If it happens again you throw the ball back. Third time you pocket the ball and tell the cart lady that our buddies behind us are going to pick up this round of drinks.

Love that idea haha

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

A few years back had a guy hit into us on 2 consecutive holes. This was summertime so course was busy. There was no getting around it. Just gonna be a little bit slower. So he hits into us on the 17th. At first i think its my ball because I hit a leaky 5 iron into the rough on a long dogleg par 5, so I had been looking for literally less than a minute, thats how fast they were hitting after us. I dont take long to look either. If i cant find it in a couple quick passes I hit another. The group ahead of us was still on the green, too.
I chock it up to a good blind shot and maybe he didnt see us around the corner, whatever, but I did give him a friendly wave when they were driving up just to let them know, we were still there.
So last hole is a par 4, basically straight so no chance they dont see us. Also I am playing with my 70 year old father. We are on the green finishing up, walking off and this guy hits a line drive straight towards my father. It hits with some heat on it, bounces and as my father turns to avoid a front hit it tags him in the calf. I could tell it hurt and at that point i was hot. I dont lose my cool often but I walked down the fairway towards this jerk, putter in hand and told him what I thought at that moment.
I really wasnt interested in a physical fight so just for good measure I threw in that my father was a civil litigation lawyer, ( he's not) just in case the guy was really an ass and wanted to prove it. He didn't. He was maybe slightly scared, and made the excuse that he skulled it, but I bet, or at least hope he didnt do it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Depends on where you were playing. If this was at Victoria GC in Melbourne, I would tell the Pro Shop as we passed by going to 10 and advise them of the situation. They would generally do two things.

1. Send someone to tell the group in front that they were on a slow play warning.

2. Advise the group behind that they are also on a dangerous play warning that could result in them being suspended.

At the course where we now play, slow play is normal and as it is a public course there is virtually nothing the pro shop can do. We generally do not tee off until the group in front is on the green, that way we do not have to wait to play our next shots.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

All situational to me... first time give them benefit of doubt but wave like hey you came close, second time wait and say something, if it happens again either throw it or hit it OB in the woods where they arent finding it. There is NO excuse for hitting into someone a 3rd time.

It happens when you hit up on someone, sometimes you hit the shot you never thought, but at least acknowledge it and be careful next time. I did it last week, I was 270 out on a par 5, 2nd shot, used my 4 iron, hit it 250. I hit my drives 260-270, just absolutely got a hold of it. Drove right up to them and apologized, made sure they were well out of play before any more shots. Also had the group behind us hit in to us and they apologized and made sure the same so I was ok with them. 

The calling the pro shop at my local course is like talking to a wall, they wont do anything at all.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Good stuff here.

for me 1st time sh!t happens and would definitly give them the benefit of doubt. Quick wave hey careful we are here.

2nd time Really depends on how they reacted on the 1st one too. You can pick up even 200 yards away on a “insert expletive” Person. If that’s the case that ball is getting launched back at them.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good stuff here.

for me 1st time sh!t happens and would definitly give them the benefit of doubt. Quick wave hey careful we are here.

2nd time Really depends on how they reacted on the 1st one too. You can pick up even 200 yards away on a “insert expletive” Person. If that’s the case that ball is getting launched back at them.

Actual footage of Mark walking out to ball hit into us:

2A66E305-BD1D-4015-9E24-B6E171859181.gif.699b33ae909126d3f327c9304fc63213.gif

it’s a tough situation for sure. You want to get your point across but don’t want to be a d*** either. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Actual footage of Mark walking out to ball hit into us:

2A66E305-BD1D-4015-9E24-B6E171859181.gif.699b33ae909126d3f327c9304fc63213.gif

it’s a tough situation for sure. You want to get your point across but don’t want to be a d*** either. 

Aholes need to be treated like such lol. Totally fine to get hit jnto even a few times just depend on how they are about to. 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I have gotten lucky at the club I joined. Haven't run into any issues. I play at about the same time every Sunday morning and the group ahead of me is always the same group. Sometimes they let me play ahead since I usually play on my own.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Thats a tough place to be in. Speaking from experience, ive allowed those groups to sour my rounds. Embarrassed to admit that members of my group have actually returned balls backwards into the group behind us. After reading some of Dr Rotella, Id approach the scenario differently. MOST IMPORTANT objective is to not allow anything to ruin your experience. A) id drive to the group behind us and explain the group infront is slow (this hopefully would keep my group out of danger) while B) someone from my group attends to the group in front that their pace may be a tad slow. C) If all fails, would have to call the club and have them settle it out. It sucks either way but hope it doesnt happen again! 

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

I have this happen a ton on the local public course my group plays at a few times a week. I've learned to be proactive and as soon as I notice the course is getting backed up. Whenever the group behind me is getting close to us, I'll just wait in my cart till they get to the green and say something along the lines of 'Sorry guys, group ahead of us is very slow. We are trying to push them to keep up with pace of play.' Most groups will take that and realize that it's not us and be slower off the tee and not hit into us. However if they do hit into us after that, I will yell back "Come on guys" then if it happens again that ball is going into my bag or getting dropped into the nearest bunker in a plugged lie against the lip. 

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors