Our Sponsors

Eric Miller / Denver, CO

I think I would make a great tester for the exputt.

I am a low handicap player who loves to practice but has 3 young children at home So I try to utilize technology to make practice as efficient as possible.

I typically practice putting 2-3 times per week.  A good portion of this takes place in my basement.   On average I would say I have one to two three putts per round.   My lag putting is an obvious weakness in my game.   The exputt would be fascinating to review because my primary struggle is distance control.    Our greens where I regularly play are very quick so the speeds are hard to replicate without going to the course.    I would be very interested to see if it can create the feeing for me of putting on very fast greens.   I would also be very interested to find out if my time would be better spent working on my stroke which I could measure using the exputt or whether my inconsistency is driven more by my touch and feel.

I am also very driven by numbers and data which I think could really benefit me as a tester.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIME FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT! Man oh man are these guys going to have some fun! This thing is so cool it won a MyGolfSpy 59 Award. Join me in congratulating the following 4 members who will

Testers Wanted (4) Is it possible for practice to be fun? Is it possible for a training to make you want to spend extended time “practicing”? Can an affordable putting simulator offer you realist

I've had the unit for about a week, as I'll be leading the testers through it.  The first day, I spent two hours with it.  I've never spent two hours combined in a week before on putting. This is real

Posted Images

William - Boston, MA 

I practice putting 3+ times a week generally for at least 40 minutes.

I would say I average around 3, 3 putts per round

Being able to use technology to improve my golf game is something that I am highly interested in. 

Jeffrey Patrick / Wellfleet, MA

45min - 1.5 hrs about 3+ times per week on a "Big Moss Golf" green

And prob a 5-15min warm up before Saturday League

between 3-5, my home course has exceptionally challenging sloped greens 

What interests me most is the idea of getting data driven feeback about my putting. typically i am having conversations with the head pro at my course about struggles or techniques but without analytics to review its all anectodal. also this looks way more fun than putting straight lines on my matt, i think my wife would get into it like a video game as well!

Titleist 909 D2- 9.5 - OZIK XCon-5 S

Titleist 910 Fd - 15 - Diamana Kai'il 75 S

Titleist 585-H - 17 

Titleist AP2 714

Titleist Vokey SM7 - 50-08F / 54-08M / 58-14K

Titleist Scotty Camron - Studio Design 2.5

Titleist AVX

Matt - Portland, OR

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?

Once a week for 20 minutes

Typically around one 3 putt per 18 holes. 

I'm really intrigued by the stats it gives as well being able to practice putting at home in a small space. It also interests me that I can get my wife involved as putting is the one aspect of the game she enjoys. 

Hey!

My name is Zach Hogan and I live in Austin, TX.

In the past, I really haven't practiced my putting much, except for 5-10 minutes before each round and occasionally with my dad when hitting balls about 20 minutes, once per month. Currently, I have a lot more free time and am really excited to be able to focus on improving my game but, as of today, many of the courses in Austin have shut down due to the increase in COVID cases (I found this news out as I pulled up to the course nearest my house to practice my putting!).

About 4-5 3-putts per round.

I love details and data, so I am very interested in the idea of having feedback and data in the comfort of my own home at any time of the day (so I can practice mid-day during the brutal Texas Summer heat). I think pairing this high-tech tool, with that of the lessons I'm starting next week (and the new putter I've ordered based on the mygolfspy reviews), will be an incredible combination to improve this part of my game.

I'm just beginning to really focus on improving my game over the past month and a half but I think I will be a good fit because I'm definitely motivated and very detail-oriented, and as I'm currently in between jobs, I have the ability to put a lot of time and effort into both providing a thorough review and improving my putting. I have a lot to learn and I'm excited for the journey.

Thanks for the consideration.

Cleveland OH

~1 hr a week and/or 15 min warm up before each round.

on a good day, 0. On a bad day, 3. 

im a numbers guy. I like seeing my putting/swing in a quantitative way and would love to be able to improve while not having to drive 20 min to the course.

Mapleton/Utah

I practice putting 3 days a week for an hour or two. I’m still have at least 1 or 2 three putts per round which I want to tidy up. This technology is incredible and I’m excited that companies are making a simulator session available for golfers at home. 

Noel Trujillo, Riverside CA

I cannot answer this truthfully, my answer would be an estimated guess, so I'll have to say on average 30 minutes per session, 2-4 times a week, depending on work load.

I can count on at least one 3 putt per round, more if I have not played for a while.

What interests me the most is to see if this equipment reinforces or shuts down my preconceived ideas about putting and putters. Such as , does toe hang matter? Is one putter better for one type of putting? is straight back best or some arch? are true. But mostly, I am just a tech hoe.

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

Definitely a really cool golf training/practice aid. If it makes practice more fun that is a win by itself. Good luck testers. 

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Larry Pittsburg Kansas

usually about 2 hours a week

maybe a three putt every other round, depends on the course and it’s greens

I'm data driven and am always looking for ways to improve through the use of data and video analysis 

My name is Will Lozano from San Antonio, Texas. I practice putting about 30 minutes a day Mon-Sat. I usually have 2-4 three putts per round of golf. I own Future Golf in Schertz, TX, an indoor driving range and practice facility. I work 12 hours a day, six days a week, so I do not get in much outdoor course work. My Head of Instruction and I have been looking for a way to help our students improve their putting in an indoor environment. We have been Beta Testers for FlightScope, which we have used for seven years, Swing Catalyst and SkyTrak as well. As club fitters for Cobra and Srixon, Master Craftsman and instructors, we are passionate about helping our students and customers improve their golf games. We believe in fitting the putter to your stroke. We use the top bending tool to accomplish this, but would like software combined with hardware to enhance our ability to improve putting skills. Your unit will be put to the test and through the wringer by junior golfers, beginners, low and high handycappers as well as pros! When we find something that works, we promote it. Some examples: The Tour Striker Smart Ball, Mevo, Mevo+ and SkyTrak are some training devices we have used and now market. As industry professionals we only post and promote positive results. If your product works, we will let all of our community know. With us, you will have an opportunity to have your product tested with a variety of golfers as well seasoned pros who understand that perfection is not the goal, only improvement. I look forward to working with MyGolfSpy and giving our students a productive way to improve their putting skills! Best Regards, Will Lozano

Posted (edited)

I’m a 30 year, avid golfer at age 60. About a 12 handicap(damnit!). Played a little lower(9ish), 10+ years ago. Used to own my own retail golf store that did over $1million in sales annually. I’ve had 3 hole-in-ones. Just like everyone else, I’m trying to be a better golfer. Sincerely hoping that my best golf is not behind me!? Hell, at 60, I can/should move up a box!!? I’d be so grateful to anything that could improve my putting!! 

Edited by T Camp
Misspelled word
Posted (edited)

Dan, Pebble Beach CA

I practice putting a couple of times a week, but it is an area I should devote more time to - don’t convert enough from the 8-15ft range. 
Arccos 3 putt percentage is 3.5%, so I don’t 3 putt often (lag putting is a strength, just don’t make many outside 6-8ft).

I’m really interested in this system because my iron play has improved hugely since I set up a simulator in the garage, but there isn’t anything to help in a similar way with putting (as a science teacher, I love the data side of things and using it to help focus practice and technique), and putting on skytrak is not helpful. The ping app has helped identify some bad habits (inconsistent arc, leaving the face open and adding loft at impact) but doesn’t really help beyond that so it would be great to try something like this system to add to my practice regimen. With 2 young kids, I don’t have the opportunity to get to practice facilities outside often so something I can jump on at home for an hour or so each night would be a gift.

Edited by doctorgriffo
Typo

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9deg, 15 deg tensei av blue x flex

Cobra F9 hybrid 17deg

Callaway x forged UT 24, 27

Mizuno MP20 (6,7,8 MMC, 9,PW MB)

Callaway MD4 50, 54, 58

Odyssey Stroke Lab double wide

Scott/ Nesconset, NY

I practice putting approximately 1-2 hours a week.

I 3 putt 1-3 times per round.  

Im a training aid junkie.  This thing looks right up my alley.  I have tour striker, orange whip, impact snap, putting mats, Chippo, nets, hopefully soon a Mevo + which we definitely need a review of!

Posted (edited)

Zoe, Irvine, CA

I’m a good junior golfer, but could benefit from putting improvement. Index is 4

I putt about an hour 5x per week. Three putting varies,  but once every 18-27 holes.

I’ve taken lessons from top instructors like Derek Uyeda and would like to see some detailed objective data during my practice 

Edited by ZoBo

Name/City State: Jordan/Las Vegas, NV 

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long? I practice every day for about 30 minutes to an hour at home or on the practice green. 

How many 3 putts do you average per round? 3 to 5 depending on the day. 

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? I love golf technology in general. What I like about Exputt is that it can analyze your stroke and precisely pinpoint flaw within the putting stroke. It will definitely make practicing my putting a lot more exciting! 

Ping G410 Plus 9 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 set to the fade position (RH)

Ping G410 3 Wood 14.5 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 Handcrafted (RH)

Ping G410 3 Hybrid 19 Degree HZRDUS Black 6.0 (RH)

Titleist T200 Black 4 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist T100S Black 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

Titleist SM8 Jet Black 45F/9 bounce, 50F/8 bounce, 55S/11 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx 1 degree upright (RH)

2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft (RH)

Srixon Z-Star 6

Name/City State

Paul/ Issaquah wa

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?

3-4 10 minute sessions per day. Usually between meetings or while attending a conference call.

How many 3 putts do you average per round?

4-5 3 putts per round with the latest putter/style.

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read?

Data. Data. Data. I have a simulator (p3 proswing) and it has helped me with small tweaks before I get to the range. Putting mostly by feel, there's no data driven way to dial things in.

Castro Valley, CA

2-3x per week.  I’m lucky to have a course 5 minutes away so practice is easy  I spend 45 minutes on the practice green.

i average three 3putts per round.

I dig the analytics and the ease of use. Practice is with a purpose to get better!

I would LOVE to try it.

Bruce/Miami, Fl

I practice daily for at least 15 minutes

Avg. 3 three putts per round

To get actual data to help pinpoint problems with stroke. Like a putter fitting tool.

Thank you