Our Sponsors

Robert A. Ott

Leland, NC

1 to 2 hours a week chipping and putting

As a scientist, I am interested in science in what seems a touch learned part of the game.

Average 0.8 3 putts per round over the last 15 years. I keep stats for each round I play

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIME FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT! Man oh man are these guys going to have some fun! This thing is so cool it won a MyGolfSpy 59 Award. Join me in congratulating the following 4 members who will

Testers Wanted (4) Is it possible for practice to be fun? Is it possible for a training to make you want to spend extended time “practicing”? Can an affordable putting simulator offer you realist

I've had the unit for about a week, as I'll be leading the testers through it.  The first day, I spent two hours with it.  I've never spent two hours combined in a week before on putting. This is real

Posted Images

Logan Corner/ Springfield MO

I typically spend about 10 minutes each night rolling a few putts around in my house and about 15 minutes before my round on the weekend.  I have gotten a bit better already this year and only three putt about 3-4 times per round currently.  I am a huge numbers nerd so seeing that as it relates to my putting is what has me interested.  Being able to see the areas on my putting that need the most improvement would be a huge help.

WITB Driver- Cobra F8+  3 wood- Taylormade RBZ Irons- Titleist 735 CM Wedges- Taylormade ATV Putter- GM2 Exchange  HC-18

Jason Rose from West Plains MO and i practice putting just about everyday.   My routine takes about 20 minutes and i hit 100 putts daily.  I committed to this practice routine late January of 2019 after a bad putter tried to console me.  I have missed less than 30 days since i committed to becoming the best putter i can be.  I three putt less than once a round.  GHIN 1681627.  I putt my best with a quicker tempo but unsure what that tempo needs to be.   

Can't wait to see the feedback and results from testers...I'm in the market for one of these depending on test results. Good luck to those that apply!

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mark in Elkwood, VA

I practice putting about 2-3 times a week indoors, about 30 minutes each time.

Average of 2.3 3-putts per round

This lets you practice much more than just a short mat for pace and aim.  It adds the fun of a game, and the thoroughness of statistics to practice sessions.  I would absolutely love to get my hands on this to see how it helps improve my putting.

Joey, Detroit MI

I recently began practicing putting about 4 times a week for 1.5-2hours at a time. I am currently averaging 4.5 3 putts a round. My handicap index is  6.2. I am a fairly decent player but as of recent my putting has been putting a damper on my scores. What interests me most about the Exputt is the instant feedback and statistical analysis. I feel that the Exputt will be helpful in determining a possible culprit to my recently damaging putting stroke. Technology in the golf world is evolving ever so quickly and I believe this device has potential to provide golfers with edge they need to gain strokes on the putting green. I would love to thoroughly test this device and provide the mygolfspy community with a detailed review. 

Kevin/Grand Rapids, MI

I practice putting at home around twice a week on a simple roll out green mat with 3 holes on and a little slope on it, as well as 10 minutes or so before each round I play at my home country club's putting green.

I average around 2-3 three putts each round at my non-home courses, and around 1 at my home course.

What interests me most about Exputt, especially based on what I have heard on the "No Putts Given" podcast, is the information and statistics this device can actually provide. Furthermore, will there be actual, tangible results? I have always been someone who thought very little about putting. It's simple, right? Pick the right line, hit an even roll with the correct speed, and that's putting. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. Therefore, I would be extremely interested in testing this product to see what is ACTUALLY happening with my putter and ball during putts and address how to fix any flaws. This product is extremely advanced compared to any devices I have heard or, used, or seen, which makes it a lot of fun and very intriguing. 

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

Eric / Chicago, IL

2-3x per week for 15-30 min each session (50 to 100 putts).

Per Arccos, I am averaging 4.1 three-putts per round.

The data and fun factor are definitely important reasons why I would ultimately decide to purchase Exputt, but what interests me the most is having the ability to practice lag putting year round.  If Exputt is fairly accurate, the ability to realistically replicate lag putting would be huge for indoor practice sessions.  With Chicago weather, practicing lag putting during the off-season is next to impossible and is limited to whatever length practice mat you have.  Poor distance control in lag putts over 30' is the largest contributing factor toward my 4.1 three-putts per round (I've been fairly good inside of 6', which is the distance I can practice at home).

Posted (edited)

Jason Nagel - Latham, NY

Currently my practice time is suffering as I have 2 young children.  Would normally practice putting 3X a week for 30 minutes ... now down to 1X 30 minutes.  This is why I'm looking seriously at this sim...it would give me the flexibility to practice in the middle of the night and get reps in.

My rounds are so spread apart in performance that an average wouldn't make sense (I joked with my pro that my GHIN graph looks like an EKG).  I'm probably 3 putting 40% of the time 20 feet and greater ... not good.

As my friends would say, I have a putter problem.  Always looking for the next best thing, whether it's a new grip/new putter/practice aid/new grip/stroke.  With equipment I'm always looking for better performance but, alas, I usually wind up ruining what I have...i.e. I bagged the Evnroll ER2 in 2018 and was rolling it well (thanks Most Wanted!) but then the Gravity Grip came out - I put it on and it didn't work out for me.  Never got back to the same feel or confidence... sooo 2 years and 3 putters later here I am.  If you were to look at my Kindle library, you would find 4 books on putting and putters (Stan Utley, Dave Stockton to name 2 authors).  I have (or have had) pretty much every decent golf gadget made and am looking forward to find out how the Exputt stacks up.  If the Exputt lives up to it's claims, it will be the cornerstone of my my practice and additionally, an objective measure of any putting tweaks that I make going forward.  Loft change, lie change, length change?  Face balanced vs. toe flow.  High MOI vs blade ...  This will be exciting to see the impact on roll!!!  I have been using the Blast Golf device for putting, which is great for tempo and face angle, but doesn't do much else for me on a mat indoors (I would also compare the measurements head to head against the Exputt to identify any discrepancies).  At the end of the day, I would be looking to round out my at home practice setup.  For the full swing, I have the SkyTrak, Zepp2, and LiveView golf.  For putting I have Blast Golf and the Varispeed putting matt.  In the past I've tried the Ping iPhone app and attachment (altered the feel of the putter far too much with the added weight) and the Puttist (good measurement of distance but very sterile from a user experience standpoint - just a digital readout).  I point this out as given my experience with golf technology,  I would be able to give an assessment of the Exputt with expectations that are realistic and feedback that is meaningful.  In any event, looking forward to the review as if this is as good as they claim, it will be finding it's way into my living room.

Edited by jnagel

Eric Enloe - Alpine, UT

Practice 2X/week 30-45 minutes

Average 4 3-putts per round

It looks like a great product and this is the area of my greatest need! 

Alpine, UT

In the bag:

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic, Diamana M+ 50g Stiff Shaft

3W: Cleveland FL3W, Miyasaki 43g Stiff Shaft

4 Hybrid: Taylormade SLDR Fujikura? Stiff Shaft

4i: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft 

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-25, KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 110 S Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 degree Mizuno T7 Blue Anodized, Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Shaft

Putter: EVNROLL ER7, Custom Fit 35", 71 degree lie angle and 1 degree of loft

Chris / New Bern NC

3 to 4 times a week for about 45 minutes each

average about 2 3 putts around

The most interesting thing for me is having a the feedback during practice.  I have always been intrigued with is my stoke SBST or ARC, so this system would really help understand my path and what I need spec wise in my putter.  This will be like having a putter fitting at every practice.  The portability of the system is also a huge benefit not only to be able to move it from room to room in the house, but to take it on business trips or vacation.  

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!

Paul, Schenectady, NY

I practice putting for 1–2 hours a week; not including pre-round warmups. 

Average 1–2 three putts per round

I'm interested in analyzing my stroke path. I have never been measured or even used the Ping app to see if I have the proper putter style. This will help me experiment with length and head options I've never entertained before. 

What's in the bag

Custom Classic XL, 9, Fujikura Vista Pro 75 stiff

Ping, i20, 15, TFC 707 F (stock) stiff

Idea Black Super Hybrid, 19 Aldila Voodoo stiff

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Titleist SM5 50/8, SM5 54/10, SM5 58/8, SM5 52/8, SM5 58/8

Odyssey Black Series #1 34" with black oxide finish

Vice Pro+

Nick Marino / Corpus Christi, Tx

3 hours per week.

1.7 3 putts per round

It looks like a fun way to practice with the whole family. My wife, son, and I currently just use a rug with a layout of the solar system, and play games for which planet to hit to.

Tom/Minneapolis,MN

Practice 3x a week at home 

1-3 3 putts a round

ExPutt offers more information on my stroke in terms of path and putt face alignment than any other training device.  This data will definitely allow me to improve my stroke and should translate into more 1 putts and fewer 3 putts.  

Dave F. / Lancaster, CA

Typically spend an hr or so, 1-3x pr month on chipping/putting.

Only avg. about 2 3putts per round.

I’d never heard of Exputt until seeing it on MGS, and it really interests me in that it provides such instant, Usable feedback that could help me improve my putting stroke without spending several hours a day/week practicing.

Current Bag....

Titleist 913 D3 8.5* Stiff

Mizuno F60 4FW

Titleist 818 3Hyb XS

Honma TW747 4Hyb XS

Mizuno MP32s, 5-PW, TTDGS100

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 Wedges

TA Impact #2 

Charles/ Skokie, Illinois

Once a day for 30 putts at 6'.

I usually have two 3 putts per round.

I want to see the data on my putts. If you don't monitor it you can't correct it. 

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         default_callaway-small.jpg.8d98a06e9125f12a694e88ffcbab3e58.jpg  Apex 19 5-AW NIPPON NS950 S
3 & 4 Irons   Maltby TS-1 Forged NIPPON NS950 S 
WEDGES      PING   Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° & 58° SS
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 FUJIKURA TSG PRO XLR8 61 S
3 WOOD      default_taylormade-small.jpg.8a4a9b2a2fac6fe087f1c8c5cb704dbe.jpg  M6 OBAN ISAWA RED 75 04
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      Evnroll-01_1.jpg.c44279091062836814d5f5119fc252ea.jpg ER2cs 370gr The Stability Shaft
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S62 and TecTecTec Range Finder.
And a SkyTrak launch monitor for the three times a week or so I hit the mat. 

Andrew / Pennington, NJ
Practice is mostly 15 minutes once or twice a week. Currently no consistency or focus when practicing.
1.9 three-putts per round.
Love the idea of testing the waters on any kind of innovative tech. Would happily welcome some kind of focused or fun practice routine. Hadn't heard of this before, but it's a great concept.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:odyssey-small: White Ice Rossie 340g
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow

Danny - Phoenix, AZ

Play a round every weekend but dedicate practice once or twice a week for an hour or two in total

A 5 handicap with 2-4 3 putts per round. 

I change putters often and have tried everything from traditional blades to armlock. Distance control is one of the things I struggle with the most right now. Seeing numbers and getting real time feedback at home could help me find what putter is right for my stroke and help me eliminate 3 putts. Have limited experience with a more expensive putting equipment that analyzes roll more in depth.

Guy Wake Forest, NC

2-3 times per week usually for approximately 20-30 minutes

2-3 3 puts per round

What interests me about the EXPUTT is the ability to have a legitimate practice session with immediate feedback indoors.

:titelist-small: 917D3 10.5deg PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 917F2 15deg  PorjectX HZRDUS T1100 Shaft 6.5

:titelist-small: 818H1 22deg Mitsubishi Tensei X 105gram shaft

:titelist-small: 714 AP2 4-W KBS Tour-V X 130 gram shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 56-14 SM5 F-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Vokey Design Wedges logo 60-11 SM5 K-Grind KBS High Spin X Wedge shaft

Scotty Cameron Putters Circa 62 No-2 Putter

:titelist-small: PROV1x

See the source image