Our Sponsors

Ryan/Nolensville, TN

Practice putting 1-2x week 20 - 30 mins.

0.9 3 putts per round

I love to practice putting, but am limited to when I can get to the golf course. The opportunity to have something that takes up very limited space that I could use daily, that is accurate, and varying putts and conditions is a very attractive prospect. Plus having all the data and instant feedback available is incredibly intriguing.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIME FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT! Man oh man are these guys going to have some fun! This thing is so cool it won a MyGolfSpy 59 Award. Join me in congratulating the following 4 members who will

Testers Wanted (4) Is it possible for practice to be fun? Is it possible for a training to make you want to spend extended time “practicing”? Can an affordable putting simulator offer you realist

I've had the unit for about a week, as I'll be leading the testers through it.  The first day, I spent two hours with it.  I've never spent two hours combined in a week before on putting. This is real

Posted Images

Donovan Bartkoski, Kansas City, Missouri

I typically practice putting 30 minutes to an hour once a week.

I average one 3 putt a round.

The accurate/realistic green speed simulation sounds like it will be very helpful.

Donovan

Wow. Haven't heard of EXPUTT before. This looks incredible. Like an XBOX Kinect, but with an actual application. Genius.

Name/City State: Kevin / Gilbert, AZ

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long? 2-3 times a week, 45 minutes each session

How many 3 putts do you average per round? Nearly 2. I am a decent short putter, but lag putting kills me. 

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? This whole concept is fantastic. For me, all of my practice sessions are on the same green, so that success in practice doesn't always translate to the course. I love that you can change greens, slopes, even seasons. I also fuss with my putter grip way too much. I'm tracking make percentages, but if I could just see some path and face angle numbers, I could commit to a stroke and grip and start solely working on that. Really intriguing. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
Posted (edited)

Pete/Prairie Village, KS

Weekly - 15 minutes per session - both at the course and in my basement

2.05 per round 

I know that I am having issues with swing path and face angle as I can see side spin on my putts, would love to see how the Exputt can get me back to rolling the rock better.

Edited by NavyGolf

Pete

WITB

Driver - Callaway Mavrik - Tensei Blue (S)

3wd - Callaway Epic - 16° 

17° Hybrid - Ping G15; 20° Hybrid - Ping G15

5-6 Iron - Ping G; 7-U Iron - Ping i200

54° - Ping Glide 2.0; 60° - Ping Glide 3.0

Putter - Evenroll ER2

Posted (edited)

Andrew Wactor / Greenville, SC

Practice putting on a PuttOut mat, pressure putt, and alignment mirror 1-2 x's a week for 30-45 minutes.

I average 36.3 putts a round w/ 18.9% being 3-putts, or 5.2 a round (per Arccos)

I'm interested in all things golf tech, but particularly simulation.  My company is a reseller/installer for FullSwing (we have a top-of-the-line sim in our office) and have never been impressed with the putting experience.  We are currently looking at bringing on PuttView in the future.  I would love the chance to test a consumer-grade putting sim vs a swing sim, as well as, the opportunity to test this against the usual "did it make it through the gate" and see if I can find some improvement and lower my handicap (I obviously need it).  I've just gotten back HEAVY into golf after a 10 or so year break... new fitted clubs on the way and looking to get back to low 80's and maybe even the 70's in the near future!

Edited by wactor
spelling

Neil Soni, Los Angeles, CA

Around 3-4 times a week, 15-20 minutes (children permitting!)

To be able to gain a granular understanding of my stroke path and launch angle would be amazing. When I used to practice, more I was able to get a keen feeling of where my path needed to be, but now with limited time, it's tougher to know where my path is at. 

Tim Ahline / Cedar Rapids Iowa

Practice twice a week for 30 min at a time.

How many 3 putts do you average per round - 1

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? - How closely it translates to green speed and see if my lag putting gets better. Also how easy it is to set up and use, I am a techy guy but sometimes new tech products ship with bugs and not user friendly.

Driver - PXG 0811X gen 2 10.5 Raijin 64 X shaft

3W - Titeleist 917 Adilla Rogue silver

Driving Iron - Srixon ZU85 3 iron KBS hybrid prototype 95X shaft

Hybrid - Titeleist 915 Hd Adilla Rogue black

Irons - 4-PW Srixon Z765 KBS $taper

Wedges - SM7 58-54-50 black KBS $taper

Putter - PXG Minigunboat Gen 2

Posted (edited)

Jonathan / Dallas, TX

I practice on an at home putting mat on concrete 4-6 times a week for at least 30 minutes with a putt out system.

average around 2-3, 3 putts a round.

After wanting to improve my score i ordered a putting matt. Loving how comfortable i was getting over the ball then ordered the perfect putt. Now, i am obsessed with practicing my putting as it can save so many strokes and really drop ones handicap. It would be very interesting to see what actual technology could do to improve overall score. 

Thanks. 

Edited by jayrovi22

Bob,Carmel, Indiana 

inside practice 3-4 times a week 15-20 minutes a time

4 times a week outside 10-15 weekly

Pete Dye course

1-3 putts per Round

miss a lot of 10 ft and under putts

Posted (edited)

Mike/Eagle, Idaho

Honestly I don’t really practice any putting but am ready to!  Hit a lot of balls on home launch monitor, play average of 3 rounds a week, plus range time. Hovering around a 2 handicap.

Probably average 2 three putts per round.  Not many 1 putts per round that are of decent length.

Recently switched to an armlock putter this season and I think working with the Exputt would be great to get me dialed in and take the next step with my game!

Edited by oc_mike

Beau Mears

Westbrook , Maine 04092

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?     About an hour per week.

How many 3 putts do you average per round?      1.5

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read;  

From what I have seen it looks innovated and seems like you can do it anywhere, all the time. Even in the dead of winter one could practice.

If I cant try it where can I buy it? 

Play often and love the game 

Driver  M4 

Exputt Tester Application:

Jonah TB/ Glendale, CA

I have a birdieball putting green at home and do two to three 30-45 minute sessions per week focused on short putting, aim, and lag putting. I also play 3-5 rounds per month and warm up at practice putting at the course with another 15-20 minutes for green speed and longer distance lag putting (where allowed, some courses closed putting greens for COVID).

Thanks to my shot scope, I know that I 3-putt once every 5.8 holes.

I've only read Exputt article on MGS, but the Exputt looks to fill the putting simulator gap in the launch monitor/simulator market. Putting is a key area I'm working to improve in my game and so I'm super interested in a device like this that can help me get real world feedback without going to a course. I'm especially interested in practicing longer putts and sloped putts that I just cant do on a flat 12' mat.

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNTEC 2.80 TI: 9.5 Degrees

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngHTEC Fairway 3W

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNTEC 2.80 Utility: 21 and 24 Degrees

nakashima_golf_logo.png.f17bbe5762aa4a90595945a1bc4103c0.pngNP 3+ Irons and Wedges (5i - LW)

Capture.PNG.81120f277349bfd52c5d3ef2b01d4ef9.PNG Edel Torque Balanced Putter wrapped with Baseball Grip Tape

Brad Jones / Lake Quivira, KS

practice 4 hours a week

3 putts average per round: probably 15-16

Exputt should provide additional opportunities to practice no matter the weather, and convenient.  More accurate feedback, better on course simulation vs. simple putting mat.

Joe Gagliano, Buffalo, NY

I practice putting on a mat about 20 minutes, 3 times a week.

I avg two 3 putts a round

Putting speed is my arch nemesis. I bought a Perfect Practice mat in January and while my stroke is improved, my speed has not improved much. I am hoping to us exputt to really understand speed better. 

Joe Gagliano

Titleist 718 AP2's, Stiff, 38.0 length

Taylormade SLDR 10.5, Stiff

Left-Handed

Buffalo

A.J. / Merritt Island, FL

Practice putting once/twice a week for about 20 mins each during practice sessions 

Average about 1 three putt per round 

I am really interested in all the statistics it can display and how that would affect my game 

Currently Testing: :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

Condor Golf 3W 16* 

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 18* & 22* 

:taylormade-small: M4 Irons 5-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

:Sub70: 48* AW

:vokey-small: SM5 56* & SM6 60*

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 Ball 

image.png.7a412bf6006967dac3e5609984237cec.png  Grey 

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch

Geoff / Grand Rapids, MI

Practice 2 hrs a week on a birdieball mat

I average 5 3-putts a round

More data to see what my putting stroke is doing and ability to practice lag putts.

Ping G400

Taylormader Burn 3w

Sub 70 699U 2i

Sub70 4-PW 639 CB

Sub70 50*
Taylormade 56* R series

Taylormade 64* hi-toe

Jeff Diekemper/St. Charles, Missouri

15 minutes 3 times a week on a putting green during my lunch break and various amounts of time daily in my basement on my puttout mat and pressure putt.  I have the mirror and gates, but rarely use them as they distract my eyes when putting.

(1.2) 3 putts per round

As a feel putter I keep putting simple by reading the line, looking at my aim point, and putt the ball.  I am curious if I would be able adjust and hit good putts with a given distance instead of depth perception.  Bringing it into the office and competing with a few coworkers will also be a must.  

Driver:  Titleist TSi3 / Fujikura Motore X F1 65 shaft

3W:  Callaway Rogue 15 degree / Project X HZRDUS Yellow 70 shaft

Utility: Callaway X-Forged 21 degree 3 iron / Slay 85 hybrid stiff shaft

Irons: Honma TR20 P 4-11 irons / Nippon Modus Tour 120 X-stiff shafts

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54.10, 58.08 / Nippon Modus Tour 120 X-stiff shafts

Putter:  Bettinardi Queen B 5 

You will usually see me walking the course

Matt Gomez, Baldwinsville, NY

I’ve recently been practicing about 5 days a week usually 15 to 20 minutes a day.

I 3 putt 4 or 5 times per round. 

Because of the number of three putts I’ve increased my practice. I have  been using a couple of different training aids for putting. I have a practice mat and PuttOUT in my basement and a SKLZ Putt Pocket in my home office. This sounds like a more structured putting product that can “gamify” puttBig practice and encourage one to spend more time practicing putting. It would be interesting to see of affordable technology can improve ones game.

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105 Wedge Flex

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

Sam/ Chicago, IL

Practice putting about 3-5 days a week on a 6 feet putting mat.

Probably average about 6-10 3 putts a round. 

I'm interested b/c always looking to improve my putting. 

Kyle P Milwaukee, WI

I typically practice putting for 20 minutes 2-3 times per week.

I 3 putt about once per round.

The data on my putting path and face angle to improve consistency.

Driver: Taylormade R1

3W and 5W: Tour Edge Exotics CB4

4H: Adams Tight Lies 2

5i-PW: Mizuno MP-53

52, 56, 60: Mizuno MP-10

Putter: Ping Anser 5 Milled