Our Sponsors

Jon / Trafalgar IN

I typically practice two or three nights a week for about 20 minutes on my indoor greens.

Currently averaging 1.9 three putts per round according to The Grint.

I think what interests me most about this is having the ability to practice a wider variety of putts. When I’m on my indoor greens I’m limited to the same flat 12 footers over and over and I find lots of distance control issues once I’m out on the course.  I am also looking forward to getting one of these for my three boys picking up the game.  Its always difficult to get them to want to practice putting and I think the video game aspect for them would be a big draw.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TIME FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT! Man oh man are these guys going to have some fun! This thing is so cool it won a MyGolfSpy 59 Award. Join me in congratulating the following 4 members who will

Testers Wanted (4) Is it possible for practice to be fun? Is it possible for a training to make you want to spend extended time “practicing”? Can an affordable putting simulator offer you realist

I've had the unit for about a week, as I'll be leading the testers through it.  The first day, I spent two hours with it.  I've never spent two hours combined in a week before on putting. This is real

Posted Images

Kevin Coggins/Apex, NC

5/10 minutes before each round

Less than 1 3-putt per round

I'm in very interested in how technology can improve the practice experience. It also looks like it would be very fun as a social/party event. Thanks!

Jake - Des Moines, IA

Not as much as I should...5-10 minutes before my weekly or biweekly round.

2-3 3 putts/round

Putting is probably the weakest area of my game and I could gain a lot of strokes from improving. It would be a lot more convenient to practice from home and get feedback on what I am doing wrong on missed putts.

Brian/Long Island, NY

1-2 three putts per round. Usually practice putting 4-5 days a week for 20-25 mins

What interests me the most is the data I can get out of the Exputt.  I'd like to know all about how off my putter direction is at the moment of impact.  Would also like to be able to practice putting on different stimp speeds.

Name/City State:  Chad, Mount Joy, Pennsylvania

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?  2-3 times per week, 30 mins per session

How many 3 putts do you average per round?  Unfortunately, at least 1 if not 2.

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read?  The ability to get real time feedback on the putts, based on more than just the feel and result.

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png  Mizuno ST180 driver, Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6S shaft

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png Mizuno ST190 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD GT-8S shaft

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png  Mizuno MP18 SC 3i-PW, KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 F grind 50*-08* wedge flex

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 S grind 54*-10* wedge flex

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 K grind 58*-14* wedge flex

logo-odyssey-large.png.894494de72a9c099d23487b6db206247.png Odyssey Stroke Lab Marxman

srixon.png.a2032b0f711ea5613d687757a5449e64.png Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV balls

unnamed.jpg.b462311d1bccd433919659e8932db7ea.jpg Ping C-4 Hoofer stand bag

RIFE---RIFE---CABINET-GRAPHIC.jpg

Posted (edited)

David/ Memphis TN

I rarely actually practice putting at the course. I’ll roll a few before each round and call it good if the ball rests within a few feet of the hole more often than not. The put a quantity to it, it would be 15-20 minutes a week. Unfortunately, it shows. I’ll have 4-5 3 putts a round and leave the course scratching my head as to whether the issue was my read or my stroke. The feature that interests me the most about this unit is the feedback on stroke path. It would would be hugely advantageous for me to know if I’m truly glancing the ball off my putter face due to poor path/face angle or if I’m making terrible reads. 

Edited by Dave_Burgess

“RTX-4” pin hunter (because I’m a lousy putter) 

Name - Michael D’Angelo

City - Los Angeles 

Typically practice putting for 30 minutes, 4-5 times a week. Maybe have a 3-putt per round. 

As a golf professional and instructor, I’m interested in this product as a teaching aide for my students. I think it could be a great way to visualize and understand the many stats that go into a putting stroke. 

This thing looks awesome

Greg   

Rabun Gap, Georgia

I am a 25 handicap who three putts no less than 4 times a round. Our weekly (or more) group has 14, 15, and 17 handicap players. We live in a rural area where it takes about 30 minutes to get to a range/putting green for practice, so I would say my practice sessions are almost exclusively prior to a round of golf for about 10 minutes. That would put me at 10-15 minutes of practice a week.

After visiting Exputt’s website, these are some features and possible benefits I can identify for my game:

·         More availability for practice (no driving 30 min each way to practice putting). This should, in theory, drive down my putting average and handicap.

·         Diverse data availability to analyze strength and weakness of my current stroke. How can I improve my stroke? Should I change stroke? Change style of putter?, etc.

·         Their product seems to address a weakness that we encounter when our group goes to a simulator on a rainy day. We love the swing data the simulator gives and the playability/competition of a simulated round of golf is fun- UNTIL you get to the green. The simulator putting is janky and inconsistent. We put the gimmie feature on within 10 feet because we feel the putting simulation is so inaccurate. This product, if it works as well as the video and website says it does, could be added to simulators to make them more complete.

·         This can be a fun family game (as well as a fun game to play while practicing with my weekly foursome)

This could be a fun and productive product to test!

Honma TW 747 455 Driver w/ Vizard Stiff

Honma TW 747 3, 5, 7 Wood w/ Vizard Regular

Honma TW 747 U22, U25

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 7-GW

Mizuno S5 56-10 and 60-10

Ping PAL 5 KS

Andrew/Irvine, CA

1/month for 30 minutes

1 to 2

Being able to have less obstacles in the way of practicing, especially with kids at home and a newborn. I can putt during nap time without having to go anywhere!

Dale Brassfield - Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

3 times per week for 30 mins per session

Average is 2, 3 putts per round

I'm interested in learning about my putting stroke, improving my putting and having a way to make practicing more fun. I'm also interested to see if this device would encourage my teenage children to play the game of golf. 

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 9* w/Hzrdous Smoke Small Batch Green 70g stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM 3w Titanium w/Diamana Limited 75g stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM 5w Titanium w/Diamana Limited 75g stiff shaft

:srixon-small: 4-AW (Nippon Modus 120 Stiff)

:callaway-small: Jaws 54* (Steelfiber i95 Stiff)

:callaway-small: Jaws 58* (Steelfiber i95 Stiff)

:taylormade-small: TP Collection Ardmore 2 w/Gravity Grip

:titelist-small: AVX White Ball/:srixon-small: Q star Tour

Ryan / Bloomingdale, IL

Practice 2 times per week for ~ 30 min each

Typically 3 (3) putts per round

I think it would be a better tool to improve my putting due to the fun factor surrounding it. I find that doing the same putting drills gets old pretty quick and I think something like this would offer more variety to challenge myself than using my current setup in my family room. 

Name/City State: Peter / Chicago, IL

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long? 3-4 times a week with my PuttOut trainer for 30-60 minutes

How many 3 putts do you average per round? Typically have one 3 putt per round

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? I struggle with distance control from one green speed to another and having something I can precisely practice with repetitively to build confidence with 20+ foot putts would be a game changer for me.

• Mini driver: Ping Rapture 13* w/ Aldila nv 2kxv blue X70
  • 3 Utility: 18* Hogan Ft Worth Hi w/ DGS300
  • 5, 7, 9 Irons: Hogan Ft Worth 25*, 33*, 41* w/ DGS300
  • Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 57* w/ DGS300
  • Putter: Wilson Staff 8802 milled 
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

Name/City State:  Scott, Poulsbo, WA

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?  20-30 minutes prior to a round.

How many 3 putts do you average per round?  1 or 2.

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read?  I bought a Birdie Ball surface for Christmas and worked 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes, but that tapered off when the courses opened back up. Practicing on a putting mat just got mundane so I believe something interactive like this would improve my motivation to continue more at home practice. The concept of inserting a challenge into practice, even against myself, sounds like it would keep things fresh.   Having played around with Sky Track and read the reviews of others, putting is lacking for most of those systems.  The videos of ExPutt seem to show it working a lot better than those other systems.  If testing pans out maybe a collaboration between those companies would result in a huge improvement for indoor simulator rounds. 

Good luck to everyone; if nothing else I will be looking forward to reading the reviews from the four selected testers in consideration of buying a setup.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115
  • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 raw, 50/10 & 56/8*
  • Putter - Callaway Bobby Jones BJ-1
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - Snell MTB Black
  • *Going to try some new wedges this year - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex, jumbo Golf Pride Tour Velvet
  • Bag(s)/cart - Sun Mountain Synch/TM Flextech Lite, Sun Mountain Micro

Chris - Leesburg, VA

I have two putting mats in my home that I use pretty often.  Apparently not often enough because I'm not improving.  

0 - 2 three putts per round

The stats & how it could possibly help me fix the worst part of my game.  All in the comfort of my own home.  In the times we are in now, this is a perfect training tool to help me get my game where it needs to be by making more putts per round. 

Thanks for the opportunity MGS! 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

How awesome is this!! 

Marshall Thompson / Carlsbad, CA

I practice putting a few times a week for about an hour.  It's been difficult to find time to practice due to young kids.  This would allow me to practice when they're napping or asleep! I have one or 2 three putts during a round.  I'd love the opportunity to test this product!

MT

Ping G410 + Fujikura Speeder Evolution 7 661 X

Callaway Epic Flash - Fujikura Ventus Blue 8 X

Callaway Apex 3 HB - Fujikura Atmos Black 95 X

Taylormade UDI 3 - Fujikura Pro 95I TS X

Honma Rose Proto 4 - PW - Fujikura Pro 95I TS X

Titleist Vokey 52* + 58* - Fujikura MCI 125 solid

Taylormade Manta

BTW ..... this would look great on the bigscreen in the Nut Cave!  Especially when I have the next golf outing  🙂

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

On 7/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

Is it possible for practice to be fun? Is it possible for a training to make you want to spend extended time “practicing”? Can an affordable putting simulator offer you realistic feedback on your golf game? We mean affordable as in cheaper than some of the current drivers on the market now.

Got you're attention yet?  Well Read on for a very rare opportunity!

XPutt Testing Pic 1.png

ExPutt is an at home indoor putting simulator that offers golfers the ability to practice on a high-quality simulator that until now could only be found in a professional setting.  Does it do all the things mentioned earlier?  We are going to let four of you tell the MyGolfSpy community.

Xputt Testing Pic 3.png

More Pics and Video Here

How to Apply

In a post below in this thread--DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST--provide the following information.

This testing is open to US Residents Only

Name/City State

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long?

How many 3 putts do you average per round?

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read?

We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you've been selected!

Jenny Morgan- Western Springs, IL I am a beginner golfer and am only practicing about once a week for about 20 minutes. I used an ExPutt at a golfing facility and fell in love with it!  It made my realize that I really need to work on my putting. My son is an experienced golfer and together we would love to test this and provide feedback.     

Kyle Germantown, Tennessee

Twice a week in the colder months for about 30 minutes inside and once a week for 20 min plus 10-15 min before each round now

Arccos says 7% of my putts are three putts 1.3 per round

Heard about it for the first time on the No Putts Given Podcast.  Would make my indoor practice a whole lot more valuable, rather than putting on carpet to a cup.

Bryan Vezie/ Phoenix Arizona

I don't get to practice putting much other than 10-15 min before each round, thus why I have been looking for a good indoor at home option. If selected I am willing to commit as much time as required for this testing.

I 3 putt on average about 3 times each round with an occasional 4 putt.

As mentioned earlier I have been looking for an affordable indoor game improvement option. And what better way to lower your score than to improve your putting? A putting simulator seems more practical than a full indoor range/ simulator. Plus I think it would be a great way to get my wife into golf. 

Kevin McCarthy Hickory Creek, TX

3x per week, 30 min

the data regarding path, face angle, and launch angle, which I cannot get readily at home