Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced (4) ExPutt Putting Simulator

Our Sponsors

Gavin - Lynden, WA

I really only practice putting when I'm at the course (range or round), so about 1x/week, for 15-20 minutes.

Over the last 15 rounds, I've averaged 3.53 3-putts (median of 3)

The most interesting thing for me about Exputt is being able to simulate different green speeds. I'd imagine that getting a better feel for that should increase feel and improve lag putting and lower putts/GIR (which for me is currently 0.45 higher than putts/hole). Being able to set different practice scenarios should also make putting practice more exciting and encourage the user to practice more often.

• Like 1

Currently testing the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Torch 03

Ball - :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Todd/ wailuku, hi

Practice twice a week for 30 minutes, although not as much now with the covid thing

2 or 3 of the dreaded 3 putts lately

What interests me is the ability to get understand what my putter is doing. I push it to the left constantly and can work with it, but I would like to know what's going on and how to improve it. This is exciting technology and I'm a golf nerd!

Shannon Young Naples Florida

I practice putting about an half hour per week.

I three put about 5 time a round. 

ExPutt is perfect for being able to practice more often. It also looks like it could make practice more fun. The feedback from the putting analysis looks like a great learning tool.

Student of the game. A great shot makes it all worth it.

Posted (edited)

Andy/Bellevue WA

5 days per week. 10-20 min.

0-2 three putts per round.

I’m a fairly technical golfer and I’m curious to see what my putting stroke looks like on a simulator. Path, gave angle at impact, etc. Putting is one of the most important parts of the game and probably the once I’ve analyzed the least. I have also felt like most golf sims where they have you putt (like AboutGolf) seem very unrealistic to me. I’m hoping ExPutt as a dedicated putting system is a big improvement on those systems for putting.

Edited by EasyAZ91

Alex Williams / Cleveland, Ohio

Probably 30 minutes a week in the summer. Try to go to ranges with putting greens or short game areas. Winter is harder, I do have a putting mat for indoors.

2. Sometimes more though as I know that exceptionally long putts that end on a downslope tend to run away from me especially badly. Gotta stay below the hole. 

How consistent my stoke is or is not.  Find out what I actually do, and then I can focus on what to improve. Having something like this for the winter instead of hitting into a net or putting on a mat would be advantageous as well. 

Driver: Taylormade M5 10.5*. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Taylormade Rossa #1 Blade

Currently playing a 2019 Callaway Chromesoft X with Triple Track because I got 2 boxes for free.  Traditionally a Pro-V1 player.  In search of the perfect golf ball for my game. 

Name/City State: Steven Fraunhofer/ New Braunfels, TX

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long? When I get a chance to go seriously practice it's usually for 1-2hrs. Probably a couple of times a month, but I do warm up before rounds for about 15-20min

How many 3 putts do you average per round? It varies, but I average around 32-34 putts per round which drives me nuts

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? Absolutely, the fact that there is a realistic simulator would be awesome to try. Being able to do it from my house would exponentially increase my practice and hopefully achieve better consistent results

Name/City State - Birmingham, AL

How Often do you Practice Putting and How Long? - A few minutes everyday on my PuttOut Matt/ PuttOut pressure putt trainer

How many 3 putts do you average per round? - 3

What interests you most about Exputt from what you have seen or read? - The technology which I'm amazed at. More importantly any gamification of practicing. I think this is the future of golf and growing the game. When we make practice fun, more people want to do it. (Top Golf, Exputt, the putt/chip beer pong game).

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: G20 CFS stiff 4-GW

:mizuno-small: 56* spinner shaft

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore or Snell MTBx

Eric / Lindenhurst, NY

I don't normally practice putting at home.  But always do before tee time at the course.  Could be 5 minutes, could be 20, depending on how early i get there.

On a good day I have 1 or 2 3 putts.  On bad days, it gets real bad.

Probably what I'm interested to see how well it works, is all of the feedback you get like you would get from a launch monitor. All around, the system looks pretty sweet and I'm curious how the multiplayer game mode is.  Is it bad that I've already got the spot picked out for it? Good luck to everyone, and if it's not me, I'm still looking forward to reviews that this community does so well on this thing.

WITB 2020

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 2015 Model - Fubuki shaft

3-Wood: Nike VRs 15 degree

Irons: Nike Slingshot 4-AW

Wedges: Nike Victory Red SW-56 + LW-60

Putter: Nike Method Core MC-3i

....I may have loved/still love Nike and miss them making golf clubs💔

Jon // Milwaukee // Wisconsin

practice once per week for around 15-30 minutes plus pre-round routine

average 0.7 3 putts per round

I am most interested in the data that will provided that can enhance the feedback during practice. Slow motion cell phone video and hitting into a cup can only go so far.

Posted (edited)

Steve  - Victor, NY

I practice putting about 1x/week and average about 2 3 putts per round.

Living in upstate NY, I like how Exputt can provide a better way to practice during the extended off-season and being able to have competitions with my daughter.

Edited by duperdog

Bradford Ferrini,  Modesto Ca.

I'm a club fitter and repairer since 2005.

I have a putting green in my back yard and do practice daily on my stroke and can also practice in my garage for my irons and Woods into my net with my ES-B1 monitor and also a Tomi Putting Motion program.  This would be a good product to try for indoors and I have a grandson's learning golf and I have purchase for them indoor putting mats for practice this would be a good product for them to try and have fun as a game and for using this skill to take to the golf course.

My putting is the past few weeks have improved after purchasing SIK putter when I have had 2 rounds of 25 putts and 1 for 27 putts.  3 putts are very rare for me, maybe 1 every 2 rounds.

Shayne/ Pleasantville Ohio

this product looks so amazing! This could be a real game changer.

I practice putting roughly 1-1.5 hours 4-5 days a week on putting.

0-2 3 putts per round.

given the chance to use this product to improve my putting could save more strokes and be able to be more confident with making the short nervous putts for par or even for birdie!

Willie / New Bern, NC

A couple times a week about 15 min per session

Three to four 3 putts per round on avg.  New putter has seemed to lessen the frequency of these. 

Being able to really work on the stroke and get a real visual of the putt going in the hole.  I believe this will help with timing and getting a good consistent putter rhythm happening. 

WITB? TM 10.5deg SLDR,  TM 17HL SLDR S, TM 22/4h SLDR S, Callaway DIablo graphite shaft irons (5-PW), Cleveland CBX 50 & 58 wedges - graphite, Odyssey White Iron 5 putter.   

Brad / Grand Rapids, Michigan

I practice 4-5 times a week, typically 30 minutes a day.

I average 2.6 three putts per round.

Exputt has some good reviews on another forum I am active on.  I am pretty good on the short putts, it is the long putts that kill me.  I believe the Exputt would help on the distance control to make the lags into automatic range.  I am also very interested in the club data to tell if my misses are path or face angle.  Also very interested in the stats and dispersion data.

I am an engineer, so very detailed oriented.  Should be receiving my Mevo+ in August and would love to compare the data between the two.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

TIME FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

Man oh man are these guys going to have some fun!

This thing is so cool it won a MyGolfSpy 59 Award.

Join me in congratulating the following 4 members who will be testing the ExPutt putting simulator:

@cnosil
@PMookie
@cksurfdude
@gavinski91

exputt_sim.jpg

Congratulations guys!  Really interested in your thoughts on this tech!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 6

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver:  :cobra-small: F8 10.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag:  :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:

:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Congrats boys! This is probably one of the most unique and interesting tests so far this year!

• Like 2

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9* Project X Smoke Green 60 6.5

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Big Tour 13.5* Project X Smoke Yellow 70 6.5

Hybrids: :755178188_TourEdge: CB Pro U 17* Mitsubishi Kura Kage Silver 90X

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB/MB 3-PW Modus Tour 120X

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 52* and 58* Modus Tour 130 Wedge 

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Congrats guys.. Couldn't ask for a better group..

• Like 1

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.