TESTERS WANTED! ×

Decade golf app - my 6 month journey

analyticandrew

HIGHLY recommend this. It can't HURT YOU. Unless you don't listen and are stubborn.

I am doing the trial to see what I think. I am about halfway through the videos. I have data from my last half dozen or so rounds so I am going to enter that to see what it produces.

The videos I have gone through are really informative about ideal course strategy Very similar to
What my coach has given me about how to play. It really illustrates that we amateurs believe pros hit better shots than they actually do.

Much of what I have seen so far can be found in other areas of the internet it just isn’t packaged as nicely as the subscription site.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I did put together some Google Earth overlays with the 60yd distribution for driver, and there's probably at least 3 or 4 holes I'll be taking a different club than normal (or at the very least feel commitment on holes I've been iffy about in the past), and about 7 that I'll be taking different lines than I typically do. Cool stuff!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

On 9/17/2020 at 6:54 AM, cnosil said:

For those that are interested in learning more about decade, Scott is giving away a free month (no credit card/payment required ). Just look him up on twitter and you will find the link.

Here's the link. Highly recommend. I've gone through most of the free months stuff already

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 9/17/2020 at 9:21 PM, ncwoz said:

I did put together some Google Earth overlays with the 60yd distribution for driver, and there's probably at least 3 or 4 holes I'll be taking a different club than normal (or at the very least feel commitment on holes I've been iffy about in the past), and about 7 that I'll be taking different lines than I typically do. Cool stuff!

Fully know I did an extremely "lite" version of the system, but with great results. The new aim points and some more aggressive clubs resulted in the most GIR's I've hit in a round. Gotta love that!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

A question for [mention=65431]analyticandrew[/mention], have you read Every Shot Counts (Broadie), or Lowest Score Wins?  The first discusses the Strokes Gained concepts and trends learned from the statistics and discusses a lot of the things you describe, the second covers additional "planning" techniques based on Strokes Gained concepts.  Most of what you've described of the Decade system is similar to the things I have taken away from the two books.  I'm not suggesting that any of these is superior to any of the others, just wondering how much overlap there is.

Never saw an answer to this but based on listening to Scott’s month one videos and what I know about the other two, the decision making aspect seems similar and is where there could be overlap. Scott seems to use the strokes gained as a basis for the decision making, but the core is about making decisions without emotion. Basically identify a target and play to that target. Don’t change because you are behind in match play or because you need a birdie. The foundation is that there is a correct way to ay every hole and that is how it should be played.

I think this is similar to the decision mapping process in LSW. Both seem to look at dispersion patterns and where to put them to avoid trouble. I think with LSW you build you own cones and with decade the math has been done and optimized so you just play to a target and move that target based on some on course modifiers.

You have gotten me interested in getting the LSW; wanted to get it a while ago but never did.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

50 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Never saw an answer to this but based on listening to Scott’s month one videos and what I know about the other two, the decision making aspect seems similar and is where there could be overlap. Scott seems to use the strokes gained as a basis for the decision making, but the core is about making decisions without emotion. Basically identify a target and play to that target. Don’t change because you are behind in match play or because you need a birdie. The foundation is that there is a correct way to ay every hole and that is how it should be played.

I think this is similar to the decision mapping process in LSW. Both seem to look at dispersion patterns and where to put them to avoid trouble. I think with LSW you build you own cones and with decade the math has been done and optimized so you just play to a target and move that target based on some on course modifiers.

You have gotten me interested in getting the LSW; wanted to get it a while ago but never did.

Yeah, from what I understand, DECADE uses shot distributions compiled from a bunch of players to draw generalized conclusions, while LSW would prefer you to develop your own specific shot patterns.  I like the way LSW uses a kind of visual approach to making the decisions, rather than a numerical approach.  I recommend LSW, and at $30 or so, its pretty cheap.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

3 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, from what I understand, DECADE uses shot distributions compiled from a bunch of players to draw generalized conclusions, 

I don't think this is correct. DECADE uses strokes gained as a basis for playing a golf course. He talks a lot about dispersion patterns, but it is simply a way to point out that you will have variance whether a tour pro or a weekend hack. I haven't read LSW so I can't comment on that, however one of the biggest benefits that I have gotten from DECADE is the tracking of your "mental" scorecard. Scott has said it himself, his program is ridiculously simple, it's not rocket science but it also isn't something that has been taught in the past.   

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I don't think this is correct. DECADE uses strokes gained as a basis for playing a golf course. He talks a lot about dispersion patterns, but it is simply a way to point out that you will have variance whether a tour pro or a weekend hack. I haven't read LSW so I can't comment on that, however one of the biggest benefits that I have gotten from DECADE is the tracking of your "mental" scorecard. Scott has said it himself, his program is ridiculously simple, it's not rocket science but it also isn't something that has been taught in the past.   

I've just watched the month one content and didn't see a lot about strokes gained other than it is the underlying foundation for making decisions.   From watching all the other videos I have found online,  it seems to be mostly about determining your target which is based on the dispersion pattern and obstacles that may alter the decision slightly.  I could be very wrong about this though. 🙂

I think it might depend on which version you use. I think Foundations, which is what the free month of content pulls from, is much less intensive as its aimed more at recreational and junior golfers who might find the Elite version a bit too overwhelming.

I've just watched the month one content and didn't see a lot about strokes gained other than it is the underlying foundation for making decisions.   From watching all the other videos I have found online,  it seems to be mostly about determining your target which is based on the dispersion pattern and obstacles that may alter the decision slightly.  I could be very wrong about this though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I've just watched the month one content and didn't see a lot about strokes gained other than it is the underlying foundation for making decisions.   From watching all the other videos I have found online,  it seems to be mostly about determining your target which is based on the dispersion pattern and obstacles that may alter the decision slightly.  I could be very wrong about this though. 🙂

It may have just been the way I interpreted Dave’s post. I was thinking in the terms of using Arccos data of specific handicap... along those lines. 

I just went and looked and month 5 is the intro to the mental scorecard, there are some other stats along the way, (I haven’t watched foundations in order) but not until month 6 do you get to full SG.

All that out of the way, yes determine your target, commit and execute that is what DECADE is in a sentence. 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

14 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I think we're each a bit in the dark about one side of this equation, I have only a minimal exposure to DECADE, and you've not read LSW.  Both of them are based on Every Shot Counts, Broadie's book about the Strokes Gained principles.  ESC is based on millions of shots by players of all levels, so both systems are also based on those shot distributions.  Broadie specifically uses shot patterns when discussing optimal strategy for playing certain holes, and how that strategy should very for different skill levels.  LSW presents decision-making (selection of club and aiming point) in a slightly different "graphically-based" way, I don't know exactly how DECADE presents that stuff.  In both cases, that decision-making process is only a part of the whole package of information presented.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Thank you for sharing this. I entered some rounds and are through almost all the videos in the trial. it is definitely a different way of looking at things. The mental part is going to be so hard to change

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 7/10/2020 at 8:43 AM, analyticandrew said:

Your question is VERY timely.

My dad played yesterday and had an OB ball and so I built him these views based off of his "natural shot pattern" would be. This is part of hole number 8 at his home course. Uphill drive (32 feet up and then 10 feet back down) OB to the right. 

I built him a 65 yard wide area to hit to. He hits his driver around 250-255. White line is OB. 

image.png.fed9eeb2ed59454b987555ed119528f0.png

If his target was the right edge of the ladies teebox part of the way up the hill, unless he put a BAAADDDD swing on it, he would "never" go out of bounds. 

What he USUALLY targets though, is the tree out there (orange line) and so I showed him on this second view how naturally he's going to go out of bounds sometimes just w/ his natural shot pattern. So by aiming left more (over that ladies teebox), he hypothetically should "never" go out of bounds. 

image.png.5e5d707a3f1ac8907d86aaf3091bba2e.png

I built this as another example. This is hole #14, a tight, relatively short par 4. To avoid the bunkers on the right (and the OB) he needs to hit 3 wood (3 wood gives him a 50 yard wide landing area). Otherwise, with his natural shot pattern with driver (with that same 65 yard wide shot area), there is a high likelihood that he's going to go OB to the left if he tries to avoid the trouble on the right. Hitting 3 wood leaves him 140 in, hitting driver is 109, BUT he has a high likelihood of going OB. 

image.png.da41e57e55dd4559c44b8353812fec15.png

He regularly shoots in the mid-80s, so even just this small help on two holes for him is going to be VERY worthwhile. 

How did you build these? i am trying to do this in Google Earth and can only make a triangle, not another line. The app doesnt allow me to do this, or at least not yet.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

How did you build these? i am trying to do this in Google Earth and can only make a triangle, not another line. The app doesnt allow me to do this, or at least not yet.

Google Earth Pro. Free download but only on desktop. 

Yeah, from what I understand, DECADE uses shot distributions compiled from a bunch of players to draw generalized conclusions, while LSW would prefer you to develop your own specific shot patterns.  I like the way LSW uses a kind of visual approach to making the decisions, rather than a numerical approach.  I recommend LSW, and at $30 or so, its pretty cheap.  

I sent a message to Scott and generally he felt DECADE provided an improved strategy when looking at greens and their structure vs LSW. I can’t confirm due to lack of knowledge but it would be interesting to here the LSW thoughts on how they differ from DECADE.

22 hours ago, cnosil said:

I sent a message to Scott and generally he felt DECADE provided an improved strategy when looking at greens and their structure vs LSW. I can’t confirm due to lack of knowledge but it would be interesting to here the LSW thoughts on how they differ from DECADE.

I've read LSW but only have the introductory month of the Decade App. LSW talks of 10 yard offsets from penalty areas but shot zones are described as a general concept. I haven't seen the full Decade aiming materials, but it appears that approach is based on horizontal spread in specific number of yards based on shot distance. 

I've watched all the month 1 videos and a selection of decade daily vids that I found relevant. I've started entering some past rounds in the software and it does provide a concise comparison to the "Tiger 5". I found a few of his mental game and pre-shot routine techniques have really started to help me develop a consistent pre-shot routine and minimize doubt coming to mind over the ball. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 1 month later...

Question for all the readers on this thread... do any of the GPS apps out there allow you to measure the side-to-side yardage between points on the hole?  Drawing triangles on Google Earth Pro works great on a course you know (so you can be fairly certain which tee box you're playing from), but it's a little tougher to pick the correct tee on a course you've never played before (or haven't played in a while).

I just mapped out my tee shot strategy for a round tomorrow, but it's going to be very dependent upon which box the tee markers are on.  It'd be wonderful to have an app that would let me measure the side-to-side distance of the corridor 250ish yards from where I'm standing.  I haven't played this course in 20 years, so I'm not familiar with it at all.  And it runs through a housing development, so it tends to be a little tight.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Have you signed up for the free month of DECADE? You get a free yardage book for a course of your choice, provided it's in their database, which you can set yardage rings based on the tee box you want to play and it tells you the width at each ring.

Question for all the readers on this thread... do any of the GPS apps out there allow you to measure the side-to-side yardage between points on the hole?  Drawing triangles on Google Earth Pro works great on a course you know (so you can be fairly certain which tee box you're playing from), but it's a little tougher to pick the correct tee on a course you've never played before (or haven't played in a while).
I just mapped out my tee shot strategy for a round tomorrow, but it's going to be very dependent upon which box the tee markers are on.  It'd be wonderful to have an app that would let me measure the side-to-side distance of the corridor 250ish yards from where I'm standing.  I haven't played this course in 20 years, so I'm not familiar with it at all.  And it runs through a housing development, so it tends to be a little tight.  

On 8/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, analyticandrew said:

Another update...

Had the great fortune to get out with my 9 year old son for 9 holes on Sunday. We had a really good time. He is just passively interested in the game, but any chance to spend 2 hours uninterrupted with him, I'm taking advantage of it. 

We played an executive course in the area that was 2975 yards from the "tips" 🙂 He didn't play all of the holes because he got really tired of walking + carrying his clubs (small bag, 5 clubs) AND it was extremely hot/humid for 4pm on a Sunday. In hindsight, I could have prepared him better. But it was still a great two hours of fun together.

On to DECADE... This course was not a difficult one: 64.8/109, par 65, par 34 on the front (which we played). Three of the holes are pretty wide open off the tee, TINY greens (as to be expected), and a good amount of trees lining many of the fairways (but not all). Lots of crabgrass around, lots of chunks taken out of the fuzzy greens, but still a great time getting away for a couple hours. This was also my first time ever playing this course and I did no research (naturally) prior.

• I emptied half of my bag and was playing with only a 3 wood, putter, 4, 6, 8, P, 58 degree wedge. I didn't want to carry all my clubs and I didn't think I would NEED all of them (i probably could have walked with 4 clubs and been "fine").
  • I found myself spending a decent chunk of time just "automatically" trying to find targets into greens on the 7 short par 4s on the front. It was almost like second nature. "I'm 120 yards, which is a 6, no trouble, pin is 8 yards from the left side... got my target. now go" - This was an awesome shift. Just playing more rounds with more ammo in my brain of how to approach things was super helpful. It also helped that I never had an approach shot on a par 4 that was more than a pitching wedge. 🙂
  • On hole two, I pushed my 4 iron off the tee on the 290 yard par 4 and I was in the trees. I was more aggressive (but in a smart way) and just punched a 6 iron under the trees and greenside. Before decade, I might have played too conservatively and left myself with something longer, but I tried to advance it at LEAST 50% of the way to the hole from the trouble, and I was much closer. I made a poor chip (or combo of the poor greens) and bogeyed the hole. Only bogey of the round.
  • I hit the best 6 iron maybe of my life on the 8th hole. A 200 yard par 3 with a bunker on the right, swamp behind, and open on the left and short. 6 iron is a lot to ask of me at 200 yards to be fair (6 iron is about 180-185 for me normally), but I didn't want to choke down on a 4 iron because there were tall trees lining the right side the entire way and I wasn't sure that I could get the ball up enough to get over them. Pin was in the middle, green was about 22 yards wide. My "miss" was going to be short or to the left, so I picked my target and went after the 6 iron. It was one of those "walking into the shot" type of swings 🙂 . High, drawing in... BOOM. 12' left of the pin, exactly pin-high. Drained the putt for birdie

Ultimately shot an even par 34, and it kind of felt "automatic" walking around the course with what I was doing. I'm anxious (in a good way) to get into Month 5 of the DECADE videos which were just released to me this morning. 

Happy to answer any questions that you all have as I continue on this journey as well! Thanks for reading!

Appreciate your write up.  

Quick question.  Website states committed players see a 20-40% handicap reduction in weeks. Did you see that level of improvement?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

On 11/27/2020 at 6:30 PM, FrogginBullfish said:

Have you signed up for the free month of DECADE? You get a free yardage book for a course of your choice, provided it's in their database, which you can set yardage rings based on the tee box you want to play and it tells you the width at each ring.

I did. I'm looking for other courses. 

I'm liking Lowest Score Wins better than Decade, and a paid Decade sub seems like a lot of money for the yardage books alone. I can keep drawing triangles. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd give this thread a bump given Zalatoris' exploits this past weekend.  I follow Scott F on Twitter and apparently he's seeing a significant uptick in interest in DECADE...surprise surprise.

I myself plan to do this but need to approach the throne (wife) regarding the funding...possibly pawn this off as a birthday thing.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Thought I'd give this thread a bump given Zalatoris' exploits this past weekend.  I follow Scott F on Twitter and apparently he's seeing a significant uptick in interest in DECADE...surprise surprise.
I myself plan to do this but need to approach the throne (wife) regarding the funding...possibly pawn this off as a birthday thing.

I did it as a birthday thing. Even did a free month that Scott offered. Kind of ties into the analytical golf thread that started today.

Diving deep into decade a lot of it makes perfect sense but you wouldn’t generally think to do what is explained. Lots of it is mental approach to golf, but the targeting strategy and really understand how good golfers approach the game is worth the cost.

Scott blocked me today because I was trying to understand the difference between common sense (is it better to hit a shot through 4 trees or pitch out) and DECADE.

I've known of decade for some time but I was trying to understand and see how it would help a non-pro. 

He is very defensive when it comes to constructive criticism. Apparently (his words) he has a lot of 'haterz'.  Before he blocked me he sent me several PMs. I guess he thought I came off as insulting or overly critical.

Someone asked if it would help a 12hc and my comment was it was not revolutionary but that it could probably help everyone in some way and that the cost seems high for what you get.

He did not like the "not revolutionary" term one little bit. He said it has changed the game significantly and I was asking for some factual based evidence of that. I didn't disagree that it hasn't had an impact but a revolutionary change is a whole 'nother matter. For that I would think of something more on the line of the strokes gained methodology.

I suggested that a 12hc might use the price of decade on a lesson instead because no matter what the best strategy is if you can't hit the ball where decade tells you, to it really doesn't matter.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

10 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Scott blocked me today because I was trying to understand the difference between common sense (is it better to hit a shot through 4 trees or pitch out) and DECADE.

I've known of decade for some time but I was trying to understand and see how it would help a non-pro. 

He is very defensive when it comes to constructive criticism. Apparently (his words) he has a lot of 'haterz'.  Before he blocked me he sent me several PMs. I guess he thought I came off as insulting or overly critical.

Someone asked if it would help a 12hc and my comment was it was not revolutionary but that it could probably help everyone in some way and that the cost seems high for what you get.

He did not like the "not revolutionary" term one little bit. He said it has changed the game significantly and I was asking for some factual based evidence of that. I didn't disagree that it hasn't had an impact but a revolutionary change is a whole 'nother matter. For that I would think of something more on the line of the strokes gained methodology.

I suggested that a 12hc might use the price of decade on a lesson instead because no matter what the best strategy is if you can't hit the ball where decade tells you, to it really doesn't matter.

Well that's disappointing to hear.  He does come off as a bit thin-skinned I'd say.

I'm not in a position to make judgements about the system, yet.  Of course if/when I do pull the trigger I'll certainly circle back to this thread.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

56 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

He's definitely an interesting person to follow online.

MM Golf Studios (no idea who they are; just wanted to give them proper credit) had a great reply to one of Scott's most recent posts.  To paraphrase:

"Dieting is common sense
Exercise is common sense
Finance/budgeting is common sense

They all require the same thing, but knowing them and doing them are completely different."

I think that sums up DECADE in a nutshell.  Nothing is really revolutionary on it's own but using Fawcett's methods to actually stick to the "common sense" plan is pretty unique.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 minute ago, Bucky CC said:

He's definitely an interesting person to follow online.

MM Golf Studios (no idea who they are; just wanted to give them proper credit) had a great reply to one of Scott's most recent posts.  To paraphrase:

"Dieting is common sense
Exercise is common sense
Finance/budgeting is common sense

They all require the same thing, but knowing them and doing them are completely different."

I think that sums up DECADE in a nutshell.  Nothing is really revolutionary on it's own but using Fawcett's methods to actually stick to the "common sense" plan is pretty unique.

right; and when he said it had changed the game I called him out on that and ... it went downhill from there. LOL

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

To be fair to Scott, he has been through some hardships that most of us are lucky enough to not have to ever go through. I don't blame him for not wanting to constantly have to defend his position on DECADE from people on Twitter. He does get a lot of hate. At some point, blocking people is the only solution.

Well that's disappointing to hear.  He does come off as a bit thin-skinned I'd say.
I'm not in a position to make judgements about the system, yet.  Of course if/when I do pull the trigger I'll certainly circle back to this thread.

I don't think Scott's wrong about DECADE changing the game. Morikawa sat in on a DECADE seminar before winning the PGA. Stewart Cink sat in on a DECADE seminar before winning his latest tournament. It may seem like it's too common sense to be revolutionary but it's definitely changed how some holes on the PGA Tour are played entirely. Zalatoris and Bryson will likely always be seen as the poster childs of DECADE, Zalatoris moreso, because of his more personal connection to Scott, but a lot of players are implementing DECADE ideas to their games and seeing better results because of it.

right; and when he said it had changed the game I called him out on that and ... it went downhill from there. LOL

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I don't think Scott's wrong about DECADE changing the game. Morikawa sat in on a DECADE seminar before winning the PGA. Stewart Cink sat in on a DECADE seminar before winning his latest tournament. It may seem like it's too common sense to be revolutionary but it's definitely changed how some holes on the PGA Tour are played entirely. Zalatoris and Bryson will likely always be seen as the poster childs of DECADE, Zalatoris moreso, because of his more personal connection to Scott, but a lot of players are implementing DECADE ideas to their games and seeing better results because of it.

Yep - I don't disagree. 

Maybe "called him out" was too harsh. I was just looking for tangible examples. I wasn't aware of anything besides Will Z.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

But on the topic of DECADE, Scott is doing a free webinar tomorrow afternoon at 1pm Central Time. I'm not sure if it's still open for registration however but I'll be attending.