TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Hole that bites you in the butt.

Do you have a hole on your local course that always seems to get the best of you? Here is mine, lets here about yours.

2nd hole, dog leg left. The hole is 344 yards from the white tees. Hole plays 200 yards straight out. Then almost 90 degrees and uphill to a green guarded by two bunkers in the front with about two yards between them. If you hit to the middle of the fairway from the tee you are at the 150 yard marker. It plays about 2 to 3 clubs longer due to the hill. You really want to hit over the last tall tree on the left in order to have a short iron into the green.

In these photos. I did clear the trees and was left with 112 yards to the pin. I still had to hit a 9 iron (140 yards for me) due to the severe uphill slope.  You can see the slope better from the green backwards. 

When I par this, it is the start of a good round. Usually I'm trying to recover from bogey.😬

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My home course has a couple...

A long par4 (par5 in winter) with left to right slope to add to my fade/slice.  Tee shot mostly goes in the trees or through them onto the adjacent fairway.  Only parred it once, usually score 6 or 7 as I play it as a par 5 due to length.

And a 150ish yd par 3.  OB left (catches my pull) and steep, deep downward slope on the right that means a nasty uphill wedge (often through a tree) to get on the green.

The one hole on my golf course that is the thorn in my side is the par 4 10th hole at Chatata Valley. Playing at 357 yards from the whites, it should be relatively easy, but the tee shot is guarded by a narrow window between trees. 20190831_111849-01.jpeg.a6cb847aba506bc637fadf1821712fa3.jpeg

Right now, my miss off the tee is left, which leads to a lot of shots hitting the trees lining the creek. A right miss leads to hitting off a down slope and a chunked second shot. I've probably had more double bogeys and worse on this hole than any I've ever played because I know I hate this hole and it has a way of getting in my head.

19 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The one hole on my golf course that is the thorn in my side is the par 4 10th hole at Chatata Valley. Playing at 357 yards from the whites, it should be relatively easy, but the tee shot is guarded by a narrow window between trees. 20190831_111849-01.jpeg.a6cb847aba506bc637fadf1821712fa3.jpeg

Right now, my miss off the tee is left, which leads to a lot of shots hitting the trees lining the creek. A right miss leads to hitting off a down slope and a chunked second shot. I've probably had more double bogeys and worse on this hole than any I've ever played because I know I hate this hole and it has a way of getting in my head.

I know what you mean, every course I play has at least one hole that gets in my head...LOL

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Okay at my home course the 18th is the number one handicap hole...gets in everyone's  head ! Demanding drive and more demanding approach and into the prevailing wind. Bogey is a good score!

Bay_Forest_18.gif.83b152b30ae57a4d386c185037db4a39.gif

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

It's definitely #17 on my regular course, a par 4 that plays white 423, gold 399 - we play from both. The green has pronounced undulations. But what makes it tough is the landing area using a driver is only 28 yards wide so it's very hard (for me) to hit. There are mounds left and right of the landing area, untended rough that's so thick odds are you won't find your ball - so you have a lost ball, or one you can only hope to advance back into the fairway, it's far too thick to reach the green.

IF you manage to hit the fairway with a driver, it's only a 140-150 yd approach. If you layup to stay in the much wider section of the fairway, you're looking at a 200 yard approach - and if you're on the left side, your approach is blocked by several large trees on the mound on the left.

Mercifully, it's the only green on the entire course not guarded by sand traps.

I'm averaging 5.3 on that par 4, one of only two holes where my average is more than bogey. The picture may not do it justice...

Picture1.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys
45 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Okay at my home course the 18th is the number one handicap hole...gets in everyone's  head ! Demanding drive and more demanding approach and into the prevailing wind. Bogey is a good score!

I love the video fly over and that looks like the stuff of my nightmares. 452 yards and an approach to the green over water on a par 4. I'd be ecstatic with bogey there. 

2 hours ago, daviddvm said:

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I love the video fly over and that looks like the stuff of my nightmares. 452 yards and an approach to the green over water on a par 4. I'd be ecstatic with bogey there. 

I like the fly over too. Over water twice !  Even with a 250 yard tee shot you still have 200 into the green with water in the front. Glad it's not on my course! But it does look like fun to try.

Just now, Tom the Golf Nut said:

On 7/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Do you have a hole on your local course that always seems to get the best of you? Here is mine, lets here about yours.

2nd hole, dog leg left. The hole is 344 yards from the white tees. Hole plays 200 yards straight out. Then almost 90 degrees and uphill to a green guarded by two bunkers in the front with about two yards between them. If you hit to the middle of the fairway from the tee you are at the 150 yard marker. It plays about 2 to 3 clubs longer due to the hill. You really want to hit over the last tall tree on the left in order to have a short iron into the green.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

When I par this, it is the start of a good round. Usually I'm trying to recover from bogey.😬

So the hole won again today. Walked away with a bogey.  Cleared the tree but 2nd shot found the front bunker. Decent sand shot out but 2 putted. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow!

Hey Tom, since your hole is under 350 and since it doesn’t appear to be a technicality challenging hole, I assume(!) the issue is mental.  What is it about the hole that bites you?

Maybe play the hole differently for a round or two to sort of ‘reset’ your approach?  Play up perhaps, play it as a par 5, maybe massively overclub that second shot and intentionally fly the hole.

On a 9 hole course we have a par 3, most of the time it plays at 195 up hill.  It’s rare for anyone to hit the green.  You can watch people swing really hard ending up with lefts, rights or chunks.  It’s not a hard hole besides being long.  I had to pull too much club and go long a few times to get those bad thoughts out of my head.

Edited by toehold57

If you play the hole as intended it would be a 200 yard tee shot to center of the fairway and dog leg with a flat lie. If you hit the ball to the 150 yard marker your next shot plays 2 to 3 clubs more due to the elevation and bunkers guarding the front. So you really need to play 180 and be able to hit a high ball. I dont hit a high ball typically. If you play more club you fly the green. It is a short green front to back. The green also slopes from back to front. Our greens roll at a 10 to 12. If you go long and chip on,  your all the way to the front and have a 2 putt. Most members of our club have trouble with that hole.  So for me its try to clear the trees with a 5 wood and get 1/2 way up the hill.

One of out matenience crew for the summer is on the college golf team. He also plays the course regularly. Just this morning he told me how much he hated that hole as well. 

I did par it today with a one putt.

I'm not sure of the exact yardage from the whites. I'm pretty sure it plays in the 360-370 range, but hole #13 at our league course is definitely in my head. On paper, I don't think it looks terribly hard, but I guess there's a reason it's the #3 handicap.

Screenshot_20200705-152552.jpg.6274a7b49facc0c851c1f824b1993ed0.jpg

Hitting the fairway is a must to have a realistic shot at par. Even then, you have to hit it far enough or favor the right side to not be blocked by the trees on the left (opposite the trees near the cart path on the right). I can count the number of times I've hit the fairway on a few fingers, which immediately brings bogey into play. Water left of the green leaves the right side as bail-out area, but there are big mounds over there and you can have some awkward stances/lies for a chip if you aren't lucky.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I have a local course that bites me. I always shoot well over my handicap there. The worst thing is, it’s an easy course. Extremely short. 5500 yards with relatively flat greens. Fairways are only 15 yards wide and burnt, and greens are postage stamps. But it’s all in front of you with no slope. I cannot for the life of me put a good score on that course. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

For me there are 2 that I consistently stuff up. As you can see this course is tight and there is not a flat/level lie on any hole.

The second at Morack is a 467M Par 5 Dog leg to the left at 220M. I either get a 4-5 or an 8-9.

However the killer hole for me is the 14th which is straight up hill 342M Par 4 Rated 1 because it is  OB on the Right. Should be easy but if I am going to loose concentration it is on this hole.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

On 7/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, daviddvm said:

That looks like a doozy.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

For me it’s the number 1 par 4 playing around 400 yards from the white tees. This hole is totally in my head. Doesn’t matter if I warm up first or go straight from truck to tee, this hole drives me nuts. Pretty straight forward. No elevation. Hand full of trees on both sides. For whatever reason, I cannot get a good score on this hole which means that I have to get it out of my head quickly and move on once I walk off the green so that it doesn’t make the round drag. 95% of the time I stick my ball just behind a tree on the right side forcing me to chip or punch back to the fairway. That’s usually followed by an approach that ends up short or right of the green and then a chip on and maybe even a three putt to top it off. Very common for me to card a 6 or 7 here. 

2B019943-DF1C-4552-8483-8B32B2EC77BF.png

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Put me at any golf course with water directly in front of the tees on a par 3 and my first ball is going straight in the water.  I don't understand it one bit.  It can be like hole 3 at River Oaks where there's 30 yards to the water or hole 12 at Greystone CC and about 30 feet to the water.  My first ball and possibly a second is going to the water.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Hole No. 2 at my home course gets me a lot, also. 338-yard par 4, with a dogleg left corner to navigate around.

Too short to hit much more than a 6-iron off the tee, the landing area slopes heavily from right-to-left, so anything hit too far left will funnel down underneath the tree guarding the left side of the dogleg. Anything left too far right is potentially blocked out by trees, or in the fairway bunker. In total, the fairway is only about 20 yards wide at the landing area.

A great shot will roll out to a little flat spot and leave just less than 150 into the green. Most other shots will require something low in the 160-170 range to get to the green in two.

Based on the placement of the second fairway bunker, the original strategy when the course was built in the late 1960s would have been to either layup into the dogleg like I play it now, or bomb it over the trees on the left. But they are way too tall now to try that.

Stats-wise, it's technically not my worst-scoring hole, but I've never birdied it. A par means I'm generally off to a great start on my round.

hole2.png.af9c6df5fcf518ddf1f001f541092946.png

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

the 13th at Wickenburg Ranch. Still searching for the elusive par on this one. 

Beautiful hole from the box. Long par 3 playing at 220 from my preferred blue tees. Nearly 250 from the blacks. I've seen a few people hit driver on this par 3. Others laying up short with mixed results. Alot of water and sand out there. I'm still not sure how to play it. 

Pin location is normally in the back right. 220 is typically a 20* hybrid for me which naturally has a draw flight, which forces a longer carry over the water to play the center of the green. That a little too scary for me, so I usually aim center left of the green. The bunker in the back left has a decent mound of grass between the green and forces some height onto the shot, and the green heavily slopes away to the water, so its hard to get the distance to the pin right. Not a good miss. I could probably layup with a 4 iron, but a mishit (which happens frequently with my 4 iron) brings the water and the front bunker into play. I've tried to hit a nice cut with the hybrid, but its not a routine shot for me and I pushed it and watched it splash hole high but 20 yards right into the water. My best shot was with a 5 wood, that I lasered right at the hole, but these greens are dry in AZ, the light rough around the green is cut tight, and the back slopes down to the water, and my ball ran off the back to splash town. Besides 3 putting from the very front edge of the green, my best scores have been on shots that just missed the green to the left, but I have yet to get up and down from there, playing timid second shots because of the speed of the green sloping away. One day!

0.jpg.92a0e0a05a1d785680fa46ea83ba80b7.jpgimage.png.950d4dac9dc49d803b13f83004824382.png

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!
37 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

the 13th at Wickenburg Ranch. Still searching for the elusive par on this one. 

Beautiful hole from the box. Long par 3 playing at 220 from my preferred blue tees. Nearly 250 from the blacks. I've seen a few people hit driver on this par 3. Others laying up short with mixed results. Alot of water and sand out there. I'm still not sure how to play it. 

Pin location is normally in the back right. 220 is typically a 20* hybrid for me which naturally has a draw flight, which forces a longer carry over the water to play the center of the green. That a little too scary for me, so I usually aim center left of the green. The bunker in the back left has a decent mound of grass between the green and forces some height onto the shot, and the green heavily slopes away to the water, so its hard to get the distance to the pin right. Not a good miss. I could probably layup with a 4 iron, but a mishit (which happens frequently with my 4 iron) brings the water and the front bunker into play. I've tried to hit a nice cut with the hybrid, but its not a routine shot for me and I pushed it and watched it splash hole high but 20 yards right into the water. My best shot was with a 5 wood, that I lasered right at the hole, but these greens are dry in AZ, the light rough around the green is cut tight, and the back slopes down to the water, and my ball ran off the back to splash town. Besides 3 putting from the very front edge of the green, my best scores have been on shots that just missed the green to the left, but I have yet to get up and down from there, playing timid second shots because of the speed of the green sloping away. One day!

0.jpg.92a0e0a05a1d785680fa46ea83ba80b7.jpgimage.png.950d4dac9dc49d803b13f83004824382.png

That’s a doozy. Almost need to practice a shot just for the hole. Some subtle grip change or something you can count on to give you that little fade when you have to have it. I have a 3 iron with minimal offset and a Dynamic Gold X-100 that is hook proof. It’s not always in the bag, but I’d hit it as hard as I could at the left bunker and just know it’s falling right. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Number 4 on my “home” course. 200 yard par 3. Green sits elevated and is wide, but not deep. If you hit it short of the green, you’re in the water. If you hit it long, you have a really tight chip to try and get it to stay on the green and not run back off into the water on the other side. The only safe miss is out right either into the sand or even further right of the sand. The green has a ridge in the middle that will either funnel the ball to the back left of the green or front right. I’ve gotten a par on this once and it was only because I thinned my 5 iron into the hill before the green, stopping its momentum and ending up on the green. 

6ED38022-F770-49F5-8BCE-706A12610948.jpeg

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Hole 3 on the course I play weekly. I dont know why but it eats me alive. I can hit great drive, then chunk next shots, or bad drive great recoveries etc. The one thing I know makes is challenging is the green is close to 45 degree slope back to front and if you miss, the ball rolls forever 

Hole 3.PNG

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

There's a couple at my home course that can jump and bite you. By far the most common is #12, which is a 420 yard par 4. OB down the full length right, and a waste area left. The last 150 is downhill, across a creek, to a tiered green. Oh and the landing zone is about 20 yards wide. You can be in the left half of the fairway and still be blocked from the green. I par his hole maybe 2 twice a year.

#16 is also tough, 390 par 4 you have to draw the tee shot or forget it. And #18, a 525 yard par 5. It's tightly tree-lined on both sides, with a steep fall off on the left. There's a flat spot for a 275-290 drive to be able to go at it in 2, but if you're short of that, there's a lake that covers the next 75 yards, which forces a layup if driver isn't in right position. Numerous times I've been hitting 3 from 220 out.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Hole #2 at my home course, Sunnybrook Country Club is my absolute least favorite hole on the course and for some reason is a psychological nightmare for me.

It is a 389-yard, Par 4 that is straight as can be. There is a creek that runs down the left side, with a large tree that can block you out from the left rough.

On the right, there is some thick grass you have to clear if you go too right, but just 10-15-yards off the right side you have large, leafy trees that run down the entire length of the fairway. It is easy to get blocked, and if you're in the trees on the right, you may never get out of them.

There is one bunker on the front right side of the green, but it really shouldn't ever come into play.

The hole is quite simple...hit a good tee shot, have about 130-150 in, and hit a pretty easy oval green. But, it rarely happens that way and I get blocked on the right 8 times out of 10. I have shot par on this hole several times, but have missed every birdie opportunity I have had. Last week, I rolled my 2nd shot into the flag stick from 151-yards and it bounced off of it 15ft...of course, missed the birdie putt and tapped in for par.

image.png.456c004a2e1c35bb4af9527e52a30c37.png

Edited by Kevin Kikkert

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"
4 hours ago, Kevin Kikkert said:

I rolled my 2nd shot into the flag stick from 151-yards and it bounced off of it 15ft...of course, missed the birdie putt and tapped in for par.

Don't you just hate that. Have a fantastic shot into the green. Hit the flag stick and now your either off the green or now looking at a 30 foot putt. Did that last week, went from  possible birdie putt to chipping on from 30 feet off the green and one putt for par.

IMG_3902.JPG 14 at Chestnut Hills in Fort Wayne. Par 3, 170 yards. This is my arch nemesis.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Yes! - Hole 18 on Valley Course at RTJ Oxmoor Valley.

It's uphill with a tee shot over a large valley. It's the perspective that gets you. The bunker in the fairway closes off the entire right side. From the Blue tees (one up from tips), the top of the bunker is 270 (w/out slope adjustment) so unless you can get a hold of one or have wind to your back, you can't carry it. The left side of the fairway is pretty much blind. You think that if you hit it too far right you will be in trees, but in reality it's a large landing area. I've been in the bunker way too many times. Oh yeah, elevated green with false front on the left and right side. Just brutal.

2096020342_ScreenShot2020-07-08at1_15_21PM.png.f4e5381e8c62a86c0c171e79dce4f6da.png

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 7/7/2020 at 6:44 AM, Mtbryant01 said:

Number 4 on my “home” course. 200 yard par 3. Green sits elevated and is wide, but not deep. If you hit it short of the green, you’re in the water. If you hit it long, you have a really tight chip to try and get it to stay on the green and not run back off into the water on the other side. The only safe miss is out right either into the sand or even further right of the sand. The green has a ridge in the middle that will either funnel the ball to the back left of the green or front right. I’ve gotten a par on this once and it was only because I thinned my 5 iron into the hill before the green, stopping its momentum and ending up on the green. 

6ED38022-F770-49F5-8BCE-706A12610948.jpeg

Mtbryant01 - just stick it close and you dont have to worry about the water or the sand. (We play together and he saw my shot that's my prof pic on this hole. My only shot all day that day).

Edited by TBS

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

It's not a specific hole that kills me, it's a type of hole.  

Short Par 4's.    I can't make myself to hit an iron off the tee.  Testosterone + 1% chance of driving the green = bogey or worse

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

On 7/8/2020 at 11:06 AM, josmi15 said:

IMG_3902.JPG 14 at Chestnut Hills in Fort Wayne. Par 3, 170 yards. This is my arch nemesis.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yikes! Wonder how many balls end up in there each year. I have one similar to this at my local course, it's like 20yds longer and the pond is a little further from the box... I have definitely hit my fair share of balls in it. Anything with water in my line is scary. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---