GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

Our Sponsors

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

It's time to get aligned!

image.png

We've got a fresh collection of six forum members who'll be getting a new batch of balls with the custom alignment features of Align XL. We've got a mix of guys here: some who use the normal OEM line, some who draw a line (one who admits drawing them freehand at times!), and one who's not a line guy. Let's see how much the big line helps their games!

Our testers are:

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

[placeholder]

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 15* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 19.5* Hzrdus Smoke 90X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56* S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” Gravity Grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

Putting, the great equalizer in our game.  No bazillion calorie milkshakes or hours at the gym getting swole are required.  You may never have the physical ability to drive 300 yards, but you can most definitely putt. The putter is used about 40% of the time and I dare say that most of us don't focus enough on that aspect of our game.  Over the years there have been numerous tricks, tips, and devices aimed at improving the putting game.  Fortunately, just before I was heading off to grab some Charmin Ultra Soft, the great folks at Golfballs.com and our MGS Staff created a test opportunity with the AlignXL ball alignment mark. Even more fortunate, I was selected to be a tester!  So I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to our our product sponsor and our MGS for making this possible 😍.

Pin on Golf

Of the various putting aids, arguably none are more logical and easy to employ as the "ball stripe".  But not just an ordinary stripe, a bold, highly visible mark that can be personalized.

image.png.65d996a69d6bbaf0949aea4c7114374b.png

AlignXL prints a line in a color and text of your choosing that extends around half the circumference...

AlignXL, Tour-Proven 180-Degree Golf Ball Alignment - Golfballs.com

.... that's 180 degrees for you Penny's out there 😉.

Top 30 Big Bang Theory GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Hello Spies.  My name is Bill Schell, a retired aerospace engineer. My wife and I live in the golfing capital of the world - Montana.  Currently on the cusp of beginning my sexgenarian decade (whoever came up with that word had some wicked humor), I've been playing the game since I was 6 years old.  I was introduced to the game by my Dad who absolutely loved playing and watching the sport.  During a good part of the year, myself and a few neighborhood friends would get dropped off at an executive course on Saturdays where we took lessons and then played all day long - each pretending to be our favorite pro.  For a couple of years I played on the south Florida Junior Golf Association and recall playing events at Doral, Bonaventure, and Jackie Gleason Inverrary Classic... even meeting the big man himself.

As the years rolled along, I had periods where I played regularly and periods not so much... but I was never completely away from the game. For a brief period while at college, I maintained a 10 handicap (personal best).  Wanting more, I enlisted a teaching pro who made some big changes in my swing.  They never worked out, my game suffered, and I became constantly aggravated when playing.  After finishing my engineering degrees and time with the USAF, we moved to the Seattle area.  After playing in a company tournament (and winning my still in the bag putter), I purchased my first new complete set of clubs... PINGEYE 2... which I played until last year.

I then stumbled onto this "MyGolfSpy" website thingy while considering some new irons.  It wasn't long before I was sucked into this vortex of golfomania dialogue and then got selected to test the PING G410 Driver.

A Man Sucked/Engulfed/Absorbed Badly by a Air Turbine - GIF on Imgur

Well, I mean to tell ya, that was the launching point and it's been hard to control myself ever since.  

So Excited GIFs | Tenor

My other hobby and fly fishing and, during certain times of the year, I'm in a quandary whether to grab my 5 weight or 5 iron.  It's a good problem to have and, after 30 years of "the corporate grind", happy to have it. I play about once per week in Montana and three times per week when we are in AZ during the winter.

IMG_7595.JPG.069a9fecf0917e33ed7bf4b1c2eae734.JPG

So let's talk about my putting 🙄.  I would say I'm average at this part of the game.  Putting and FIR are my two biggest score killers.  I simply do not one putt enough and my make percentage beyond 8 feet is quite low. I consider myself more of a "feel" putter. I've never done my own Sharpie ball stripes. I've used OEM alignment marks; but sporadically.  Sometimes I think they help, sometimes I feel they don't.  Like a good many tips and techniques, the debate goes on whether the use of an alignment stripe on the ball really does help or not.  Certainly if putting presents a challenge to your scoring, it is simple and easy enough to try. Other Here is one of the better articles I've found on this topic.

https://golf.com/instruction/putting/should-you-use-line-on-golf-ball-top-100-teacher/

I typically look at the putt from both sides and the downslope side of the hole.  I pick up a visual line of what I believe is the path, a mark/spot about a 1-2 feet out from the ball, then I align my putters line to that. I like the way Rickie Fowler, Webb Simpson, and Pat Perez putt; quick and decisive, and I tend to emulate that approach.  It seems the more I spend looking and aligning, the worse the results.  I have never been fitted for a putter but that is on my list.  I suspect my putter is not optimum and am very hopeful there are strokes to be gained there.

As some of you know, I'm still undecided about the "fitted ball is best" tenant. Now I've never been fitted for a ball but, with the exception of outliers (such as the Nike MOJO 🤮), simply have not seen where a specific mid market to top end ball stands out - and I have tried a number of them. That said, I almost always reach for Titleist ProV1 amongst my cache of balls... why is that? 🤔  As testers, we had the option to choose from numerous make/model balls and it was down to Snell MTB, Bridgestone Tour BRX, and the ProV1.  Again, I chose the ProV1... why is that? 🤨

So my test plan/approach for the AlignXL was simple and threefold;

• Do a putting comparison test using the AlignXL, Callway Triple Trac, TruVis, OEM Mark, and no mark.  
  • Use the AlignXL in play and the alignment stripe off the tee and for putting.
  • To assess marking durability, play a round and position the mark on all shots so that it was seeing clubface impact (had to break some rules 🤫)

The test would include making 10 putts of various lengths, from both flat and sloped terrain, from the same practice green (same locations), and over three separate days.

IMG_20200718_130625653.jpg.c2f082dc34056b737e1f9644478a9ac3.jpg

The balls finally arrived and it came with a personal card from the Golfballs.com staff...nice!

IMG_20200716_125130308.jpg.f04a04e9560220ab2f69f338e80c2bb2.jpg

IMG_20200716_125310666.jpg.c0d13c8914594f08e54d670b446a2240.jpg

IMG_20200716_125322405.jpg.7381a0ea618916d605710974ae099060.jpg

A bonus is that these balls are the "enhanced alignment" model.  It's the first I'd seen or heard of them but I definitely like the added two thin lines above and below the traditional PRO V1 name.

IMG_20200716_125355782.jpg.3050e8edb6e2b83a0282cb9487346e4c.jpg

Oh man, does that look good!  A dual purpose moniker and message to myself and the next user who finds one in a hazard 🙂.  How can I possibly miss a putt with this?

IMG_20200718_115658838.jpg.3eb4243582d725456cd70c85aae11acc.jpg

Grading

Looks & Durability (12 out of 15 points)

We all experienced a slight delay in our shipments and it was reported that the supplier was having some challenges with their ink supplier.  Considering the absolutely insane period we're experiencing presently, and the challenges of conducting business as usual, I just want to tip my hat to Golfballs.com for being in the saddle and accommodating this opportunity when so many other, more pressing issues are undoubtedly in front of them 👏.

A tip of the hat gif - GIF - Imgur

• The ProV1's looked really cool with my personal logo.  The stripe was bold and pronounced and the lettering very legible. 

IMG_20200716_125402276.jpg.346f407e923302e6c98a386b88a7a657.jpg

• One of the other testers mentioned that the stripe on his balls looked off center - that is to say were the line continued around the ball it would not meet the start point.  I looked at mine and did find a couple from one sleeve that appeared slightly off center, but very slightly.

stripe.jpg.c5aca482464790c7c59b3b53cfb40b38.jpg

• I found the stripe and lettering pretty durable.  Following play, there was some minor scuffing and loss of ink, but it in no way detracted from the principal purpose of the mark. Here is a ball played 18 holes and with the stripe intentionally positioned towards the clubface on every shot. As one who plays a ball until it's damaged pretty bad, would suspect the AlignXL mark might not hold up over the long haul (suspect print would get difficult to read). Note the i in DIVOT has been removed and nearly so in FIX.  

IMG_20200718_161749653.jpg.7e1c7f1d7fce21f94f18e579844b01c8.jpg

Off-Course Testing (12 out of 15 points)

• What my test comparison tells me is that using an alignment stripe helps... a little.  I quickly gave up on the TruVis as it looked goofy and I was essentially using the Chrome-Soft mark anyway.
  • I do not like the look of the Triple Trac.
  • I like the look of both the AlignXL and Titesit Enhanced Mark but would give a slight nod to the AlignXL.
  • The OEM mark resulted in a slightly better make percentage.

Here are the results from my three putting sessions:

image.png.0d0886ca1bda55cd00c61faad285c730.png

image.png.43a7d3e42dc7d3eb9d8e309ee96e6a21.png

image.png.deaf3a4a942b528fc6c3cd9200b181dd.png

On-Course Performance (27 out of 40 points)

• I usually position the Titleist, Snell, etc. mark on my tee such that it is facing up at about 45 degrees - not so much as an alignment tool but just pleasing to my eye.  I did use the AlignXL for tee alignment with target and found it a helpful.  It is really pronounced and easy to see... about as close to an alignment stick as we can get and be legal 🙂.
  • I saw no difference in my putting prowess but kept using it since the practice green testing was hinting that it was helping.
  • Seeing the mark at odd angles on the fairway was a little distracting but I don't feel it negatively influenced my shots.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

• This score reflects my feelings about Golfballs.com and my previous statements about them. Innovating and bringing products to market is no simple task and I can appreciate the hard, behind the scenes work!
  • I also like the great options they offer for ball customization and that the AlignXL, unlike a logo, serves a functional purpose.

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (20 out of 20 points)

• Oh these are definitely game balls.  As stated, I use ProV1's quite a bit and the AlignXL plus the "Enhanced" OEM mark are great.
  • I plan to keep one sleeve for future tests with what I expect will be a new putter.

Conclusion
I really like how the AlignXL looks visually.  It is a quality product and offers the consumer a means of personalizing balls while also providing a very bold alignment aid. For those who line mark their balls, it is something I would definitely recommend trying as an option. I think most would like the very professional look.  Plus, no more running to the garage for solvent to clean your fingers 😆.  It's been my observation that a good many of the ball manufacturers are making more distinctive alignment marks - no doubt in response to user input.  Last year, I tested the MaxFli Tour and Tour X balls and they have a prominent alignment mark which I've come to like and have used for putting. 

It it quite possible that I'm simply using the align marks incorrectly - as in aiming it poorly with the read.  Perhaps this technique, like so many other parts of the game, is an acquired skill that one just needs to practice and master. Whether I choose to just employ what comes on the ball or order more of the AlignXL... time and putting results with the remaining 11 will tell.

Once again, Thank You for allowing me to test this product!  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Final Score: (81 out of 100)

• Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

[placeholder]

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

[placeholder]

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

[placeholder]

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

[placeholder]

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

6 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

[placeholder]

Congrats! Should be a fun one.

• Like 1

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

Thank you again for selecting me. I am very excited to get this started and testing with all above. I selected my nickname, JEFE (hef-a), but in red color. 

68DEFD10-E800-4E58-9F93-6F8912F2F6FA.jpeg

• Like 5

This is going to be very interesting, what with the proliferation of "lines" on balls and putters and the overwhelming victory of the triple track mallet in the most wanted test, maybe there is something to this. Just as well we have 6 dedicated fellow spies to do the hard work for us. Thanks guys , have fun!! 😁😎

• Like 5

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Like the CC4 testers, we patiently await for our testing products to arrive.  But arrive they will and we'll soon be putting the "Align XL" balls into play and assessing whether the visual aid of the single bold stripe helps our game.  I chose to use my forum name on the custom print option. Hopefully it will serve as a friendly reminder to a subsequent owner and we'll see less ball divots left unrepaired 👍.

image.png.97e588b84abd742dc4038f469e8a28c7.png

I chose the ProV1 largely based on my testing last year of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls.  While I very much liked the Maxfli Tour, the ProV1 won the distance award.  To be honest, I still play a number of balls and have not come to any conclusion that a specific ball or two best fits my game.  But I do play ProV1's most often and given a choice (we had many), feel its a good match for my swing speed.  I also chose the "high number" option just for fun - something different.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hopefully it will serve as a friendly reminder to a subsequent owner and we'll see less ball divots left unrepaired 👍.

If that strategy works you will have to let me know so I can use that at my course lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Montana Pony Express... where are you?

Little Rascals Waiting GIF

• Like 3

Hey guys, first time tester here. I’m really looking forward to testing the Align XL balls and putting them in play. I originally asked to put the Snell MTB-X ball in play, but the site only had yellow colored golf balls. Unfortunately any color golf ball besides white just doesn’t fit my eye right. So, I decided to go with the trusty Titleist Pro V1 golf balls as seen below. 

image.png.a3a2f232a6f493130625212b0dbf07b7.png

I got inspiration for my personalization from Frankie Borrelli over at Barstool Sports and the Fore Play Pod. Frankie is terrible with a wedge in his hand. He tries to convince himself that he is the greatest short game player ever and says stuff to amp himself up before the chip/sandy/putt. It usually never works, but the one time it does, he’s incredible. One of the phrases he uses a lot is “Be an athlete”. Stop messing up and hit this shot, “be an athlete”. It is kind of like in basketball, baseball, or football. You gotta make the shot, catch the ball, etc. Stop making excuses and be an athlete. Commit to the line, speed, and have no second thoughts. Make the putt! 

Anyways, I’m excited to test out different methods of alignment to see if it’ll help out my below average putting. 

• Like 7

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I went with the Bridgestone Tour B RX - with the "GO 2 UR HOME" from the movie happy gilmore .. I will have a round or two that I just cant make the putts and always right on the edge. So out of nowhere when I started to line up my ball for the putt I would just say to myself alright baby time to go home.... (still missed the putt 😐). For the testing one of my may concerns will be if the align print will hold up with being hit by the other clubs in the bag. I usually put a red line on my ball and sometimes I get to the green and the line is all messed up from wear and tear of the round. 

image.png.71574fd04f1b05660e84a097c0c6903a.png

• Like 5

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

48 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Hey guys, first time tester here. I’m really looking forward to testing the Align XL balls and putting them in play. I originally asked to put the Snell MTB-X ball in play, but the site only had yellow colored golf balls. Unfortunately any color golf ball besides white just doesn’t fit my eye right. So, I decide to go with the trusty Titleist Pro V1 golf balls as seen below. 

image.png.a3a2f232a6f493130625212b0dbf07b7.png

I got inspiration for my personalization from Frankie Borrelli over at Barstool Sports and the Fore Play Pod. Frankie is terrible with a wedge in his hand. He tries to convince himself that he is the greatest short game player ever and says stuff to amp himself up before the chip/sandy/putt. It usually never works, but the one time it does, he’s incredible. One of the phrases he uses a lot is “Be an athlete”. Stop messing up and hit this shot, “be an athlete”. It is kind of like in basketball, baseball, or football. You gotta make the shot, catch the ball, etc. Stop making excuses and be an athlete. Commit to the line, speed, and have no second thoughts. Make the putt! 

Anyways, I’m excited to test out different methods of alignment to see if it’ll help out my below average putting. 

26 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

I went with the Bridgestone Tour B RX - with the "GO 2 UR HOME" from the movie happy gilmore .. I will have a round or two that I just cant make the putts and always right on the edge. So out of nowhere when I started to line up my ball for the putt I would just say to myself alright baby time to go home.... (still missed the putt 😐). For the testing one of my may concerns will be if the align print will hold up with being hit by the other clubs in the bag. I usually put a red line on my ball and sometimes I get to the green and the line is all messed up from wear and tear of the round. 

image.png.71574fd04f1b05660e84a097c0c6903a.png

Very nice. Trusty PROV can’t beat it. I can’t play a colored ball either. Just isn’t right lol.

I enjoyed playing the Bridgestone balls. Awsome lineup line! Enjoy the test !

• Like 1

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Very nice. Trusty PROV can’t beat it. I can’t play a colored ball either. Just isn’t right lol.

I enjoyed playing the Bridgestone balls. Awsome lineup line! Enjoy the test !

Thanks ! Any testing ideas you think we should look into during the process ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Thanks ! Any testing ideas you think we should look into during the process ? 

Definitely take a look at the 2019 align review, lots of good stuff in there.

i enjoy the videos. With the lines you can get some really good shots of roll.

i would like to see percentages made in the beginning (3’, 4’, 5’ etc) with regular ball and then percentages made from the same distances with alignment aid

• Like 2

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Checking in after the long weekend. As a Cobra fan, it was nice to see Bryson win the Rocket Mortgage. I'm sure we all noticed his red alignment aid on his ball. Well done.

For me, I've opted to go with the Srixon Z STAR XV in yellow. That has been my sole gamer this year and I have a decent stockpile of unmarked balls of the same make and model to do some comparison tests. I'm going with black ink, as the ball already has enough color for me. Should give it more of a look of being produced by the manufacturer.

image.png.fba7750a444fc67614b0747c16e36e2f.png

If you are familiar with match play, you know "Good - Good" is often used when both players have short, easy putts and it is an offer to tie the hole. Lately, it has become more of an inside joke as my main playing partner and I used to both be bogey golfers and you could flip a coin to pick the winner on any given day. But over the last 11 months or so, I have dropped down to a 7 and now he will frequently offer "Good - Good" when I am marking a 9 foot birdie putt and he is in climbing down into the bunker. All in fun, this should get some laughs. 

• Like 5

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

One test I plan to run is comparing Callaway's Truvis and Triple Trac vs. the Align XL.  Have any of you seen this video about the Triple Trac and the "science" behind it?  By nature, I am skeptical of marketing and media, the latest gadgets and gizmos - definitely in the "I'm from Missouri, show me" groupI've not tried the Triple Trac and the few times I have tried Truvis, it looked odd rolling out.  The Align XL seems more intuitive and similar to most OEM alignment markings.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how these compare and if they yield any putting improvement.

• Like 5