TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

While we are waiting on shipments, I'll go over my normal putting routine right now. I do prefer to line the ball up. I have used ball marking contraptions in the past, but could never get a perfect line and the wobble in a well struck putt was annoying. Also saw durability issues. So I now use the manufacture alignment line.

I use a ball marker that has several different lines drawn on it. I find it difficult to line up a putt while on top of the ball, so I throw the marker down with some attempt to point straight at the hole, and then make my normal reads and find the line that is closest. Sometimes I will need to make an adjustment or line up in between two lines just using them as a reference rather than an absolute.

1301890186_20200708_1237031.jpg.ad0bdf5a03d9777888d57c42d2ded169.jpg

Here the read is fairly straight, with a break to the left in the final few feet. A little hard to tell in the angles, but the straight line in red is at the right edge. I decide I want to play a little more outside, so I line up the alignment aid on the ball to the red middle line and just fractionally turn the ball. Now when I pick up my mark and line up my putter to the line, I feel reasonably confident that I am lined up correctly. 

1872407729_20200708_1237281.jpg.fa8f852ff42da76145b00015194ef16d.jpg

I am hoping the the full Alignment XL will help my process and reduce and errors in how I am visualizing things. I will be doing quite a bit of real outdoor testing. I am sure we will have some testing overlap as I plan to test one of triple track and PIX. And of course durability is a big issue. It's one thing to determine if a line helps an individual or not, but then the method of producing that line has to be practical.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

3 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

While we are waiting on shipments, I'll go over my normal putting routine right now. I do prefer to line the ball up. I have used ball marking contraptions in the past, but could never get a perfect line and the wobble in a well struck putt was annoying. Also saw durability issues. So I now use the manufacture alignment line.

I use a ball marker that has several different lines drawn on it. I find it difficult to line up a putt while on top of the ball, so I throw the marker down with some attempt to point straight at the hole, and then make my normal reads and find the line that is closest. Sometimes I will need to make an adjustment or line up in between two lines just using them as a reference rather than an absolute.

1301890186_20200708_1237031.jpg.ad0bdf5a03d9777888d57c42d2ded169.jpg

Here the read is fairly straight, with a break to the left in the final few feet. A little hard to tell in the angles, but the straight line in red is at the right edge. I decide I want to play a little more outside, so I line up the alignment aid on the ball to the red middle line and just fractionally turn the ball. Now when I pick up my mark and line up my putter to the line, I feel reasonably confident that I am lined up correctly. 

1872407729_20200708_1237281.jpg.fa8f852ff42da76145b00015194ef16d.jpg

I am hoping the the full Alignment XL will help my process and reduce and errors in how I am visualizing things. I will be doing quite a bit of real outdoor testing. I am sure we will have some testing overlap as I plan to test one of triple track and PIX. And of course durability is a big issue. It's one thing to determine if a line helps an individual or not, but then the method of producing that line has to be practical.

Really like that ball marker very cool. Have never thought to use it as an additional aid to line up. Thanks for walking us through your process 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I know several testers and readers are interested in triple track, is anyone interested in the clear path alignment on the TP5Pix? If so I’d be more than happy to add that to my comparison. Just let me know. I use the line to watch my roll of the ball to check my stroke, and I know that is big function. 

Oh I like that idea too, mind if I join you in that approach?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

7 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Oh I like that idea too, mind if I join you in that approach?

Of course, more numbers the better! 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Interesting approach.  You now have me wondering whether my choice will have the opposite effect - leaving me with the image of an inconsiderate golfer who left a crater in the green unrepaired 🤪.

Whatever works lol. When I played baseball my mentality was super aggressive and pissed off... not great for golf it turns out

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Interesting approach.  You now have me wondering whether my choice will have the opposite effect - leaving me with the image of an inconsiderate golfer who left a crater in the green unrepaired 🤪.

Plus pineapples are just a ridiculous fruit... oh and I have this outfit to go with it
IMG_4033.JPG

20 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Whatever works lol. When I played baseball my mentality was super aggressive and pissed off... not great for golf it turns out emoji531.pngemoji531.pngemoji531.png

Played the same way. It was an AHA moment in golf for me when I realized I couldn’t do the same on course.....maybe I need some pineapples 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Still waiting for the Align, but I went ahead and got these to try out in the mean time. 

CA62E942-1BEA-4152-87A8-60017912DBD9.jpeg

So after some time on the mat, I really enjoyed the pix. Alignment wise it was okay, the real benefit is it is an excellent training tool. Really easy to spot a well struck putt. I initially did not get along with the triple track, it took some time for me to visually to square up 3 lines, but after about 5 minutes, I was knocking perfect putt after perfect putt with it. I’m also going to be keeping track of make percentage and perfect putts with each type of ball throughout to see which one performs best over time. This is going to be a fun test. 

Edited by cjeffs12
Grammar is hard lol

3 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

So after some time on the mat, I really enjoyed the pix. Alignment wise it was okay, the real benefit is it is an excellent training tool. Really easy to spot a well struck putt. I initially did not get along with the triple track, it took some time for me to visually to square up 3 lines, but after about 5 minutes, I was knocking perfect putt after perfect putt with it. I’m also going to be keeping track of make percentage and perfect putts with each type of ball throughout to see which one performs best over time. This is going to be a fun test. 

How about on a putting green? Mats get you an idea but even all the practice putting over the winter doesn’t do the same as n the greens.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

How about on a putting green? Mats get you an idea but even all the practice putting over the winter doesn’t do the same as n the greens.

I haven’t got out on the greens yet, I have a tee time tomorrow and plan on getting on the practice green before my round. 

2 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I haven’t got out on the greens yet, I have a tee time tomorrow and plan on getting on the practice green before my round. 

Love it will be interested in if it changes your pre routine feel and if you’re making more with triple trac and then see how the XL does 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Love it will be interested in if it changes your pre routine feel and if you’re making more with triple trac and then see how the XL does 

I am curious as to how it will do lining up the breaking putts, and if I’m going to have a learning curve on those as well. 

Triple track has been pretty lethal for me on the putting green. Excited to get the XL!

7 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

Still waiting for the Align, but I went ahead and got these to try out in the mean time. 

CA62E942-1BEA-4152-87A8-60017912DBD9.jpeg

I got a sleeve of the triple track today while I wait for my package. We will see how it rolls at the place I usually play at. They have a pretty big putting green with a lot of hills, so this will give me a good feel on lining up the left to righters and vice versa.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Anyone get their golf balls yet?

16 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I just got back to the house from a weekend away and this was on the front steps...

Will get an initial reaction here in a little bit!

image.jpg

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

RH, Alabama

Looking forward to your testing and reading your reviews. I for one do not use a alignment aid and would like to see if it really helps you or causes a distraction. Just don't lose them balls in the dunk or woods before you can even test them out.....jk

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I bought a dozen Titlest for when I'm fully recovered. The interesting thing is the markings on them...T2026S-AIM_01-2.jpg.d2be75bf0173602de415ab9481fc4ab1.jpg

Think maybe there's something to this alignment thing?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:25 PM, twyatt700 said:

Tracking says tomorrow should receive them from Fed Ex 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

20 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I just got back to the house from a weekend away and this was on the front steps...

Will get an initial reaction here in a little bit!

image.jpg

Nice ! .. Tracking says mine come tomorrow ... LETS GOOO !!! 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

Its Time !!!! can't wait to start this tonight 

image0 (1).jpeg

Let’s go!!

7915DA62-FF19-49F7-BD22-83FD8D93CDE4.jpeg

7D49477A-16B1-43A3-88F6-7555457F57B5.jpeg

I finally got to open my package as work got in the way the past couple days due to a storm passing through. For the Titleist Pro V1s that I am testing, I wasn't expecting the enhanced alignment around the Pro V1, like @Nunfa0 mentioned earlier, to go along with the 180 degree personalized line, but I like it! I don't think this is the new standard, but an option you can select from when purchasing. I'm excited to start doing some tests and see what results I gather.

prov1pic1.jpg.e92c79ba616cbd4f6057fbe14912f1b8.jpg

RH, Alabama

On 7/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, 808nation said:

Looking forward to your testing and reading your reviews. I for one do not use a alignment aid and would like to see if it really helps you or causes a distraction. Just don't lose them balls in the dunk or woods before you can even test them out.....jk emoji2957.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2957.png

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

My local course is pretty tight. I'll definitely be hitting up some other courses that are wide open to make sure I get the most use out of these balls. I can see it now, telling myself to not leaving the club face open....very next swing, I block/slice/whatever into the woods.

RH, Alabama

image3.jpeg.b36b698b8aea729eb79732cb8c067fc2.jpegimage4.jpeg.9114cb07e61aef2873a3e51eaf0bbf31.jpegimage5.jpeg.e601987228c6cf82795de04312b2f279.jpegimage6.jpeg.71e5398a3f556120e9ba5c80c7dcb2d3.jpegimage2.jpeg.f5b5842ac98b3a459a018238d62a6001.jpeg

Nice that they are coming in! Looks good!  Got 2 Fedex packages on Monday but no golf balls. Nothing on the ring cam this morning either. Hopefully there is something waiting for me tonight!

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

My local course is pretty tight. I'll definitely be hitting up some other courses that are wide open to make sure I get the most use out of these balls. I can see it now, telling myself to not leaving the club face open....very next swing, I block/slice/whatever into the woods.

Remember, positive self talk!

1 hour ago, twyatt700 said:

Remember, positive self talk!

Always the clubs fault. Never my fault.

golf golfing GIF by DraftKings

RH, Alabama

Just got the ring video of fedex!!!