TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

Putting test concluded! Finally! That was a lot of puts! But the good news is my short game is on point! It's crazy to think I've hit over 400 puts in the last two weeks!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Putting test concluded! Finally! That was a lot of puts! But the good news is my short game is on point! It's crazy to think I've hit over 400 puts in the last two weeks!

Awesome ! .. Yeah I think I did any where from 300 plus putts ... 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

My review is now up. Excited to see what y'all have 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Working on some final data analysis against Triple Track. No matter what the numbers show, one thing that is obviously great is that AlignXL can go on just about any ball. Really struggling with distance control with the Chrome Soft. Not my preferred ball at all. If I had one complaint about my EVNROLL putter that I absolutely love, its that it doesnt have the best feel in the world. It's dull and muted and when you hit a marshmellow like the Chrome Soft you hardly feel a thing. 

Hard hint that lag putting is much better with my Srixon XV and AlignXL. But the numbers from 6 feet could tell a different story.

image.png.8cebc6a3f13d88c19f8547d693631cac.png

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

review will be live shortly!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Hoping to get my final review up later today. Just got finished up out on the course just a little bit ago. The Align XL has really helped me commit to the line I’m choosing. Got to see some big putts fall today!

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Attention ! My review is posted ! 

Ron Burgundy Making An Announcement GIF - Announcement WillFerrell ...

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

Played another round today. Put 72 holes now on one ball and it is starting to show some wear. Will add to the review, but usually will pull a ball before that because of some scuffs that might affect the flight or roll. 34 putts today, so just cant seem to shake that number. But hit 10/14 fairways as I am really liking the alignment aid off the tee. Thinking that might stick with me in the future more than anything.

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

Hey guys my review is up. Check it out!

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I enjoyed this testing period with all of you guys. I did my weekly enter of my scores for my handicap, and I was very surprised to see my score had dropped from an 8 to a 6.6. Lowest I have ever been, and even with no practice range I am so close to my goal of getting to 5.  I think it has alot to do to using this alignment aid, and all the hours on the practice green. Ill say this was a very good opportunity for me. 

27 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I enjoyed this testing period with all of you guys. I did my weekly enter of my scores for my handicap, and I was very surprised to see my score had dropped from an 8 to a 6.6. Lowest I have ever been, and even with no practice range I am so close to my goal of getting to 5.  I think it has alot to do to using this alignment aid, and all the hours on the practice green. Ill say this was a very good opportunity for me. 

Awesome man ! .. it was a good group of guys to do my first testing with, really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

Were you already trending downward? 

I also dropped my handicap during the testing period, but it has been dropping consistently over the past year. I'm trying to figure out the impossible, to know how much if any is due to the alignment aid, or maybe just my increased putting practice. Even though my on course stats, show 0 gains in putting. But I am definitely driving the ball better. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

19 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Were you already trending downward? 

I also dropped my handicap during the testing period, but it has been dropping consistently over the past year. I'm trying to figure out the impossible, to know how much if any is due to the alignment aid, or maybe just my increased putting practice. Even though my on course stats, show 0 gains in putting. But I am definitely driving the ball better. 

I was trending downward, but I had been hanging around 8 for the last 4 months. I wouldn't say the alignment is game changing, but a blend of the line and a lot of practice at 10 feet and under has made a huge difference. I just was very surprised when I saw it had dropped because I did not feel like I have done anything to really improve it, but I'll take it. 

Same here! Is shot even playing nine yesterday! All my putts inside 10’ were money, just need to get the iron game working to get some better birdie opportunities!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just got an e-mail from Golfballs.com....

Use code 20PERCENT to get 20% off most items.  Titleist isn't included but Bridgestone Tour B X and Snell MTB-X were.  I just picked up a box of each with the alignXL to test against my usual Pro V1x.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Just got an e-mail from Golfballs.com....

Use code 20PERCENT to get 20% off most items.  Titleist isn't included but Bridgestone Tour B X and Snell MTB-X were.  I just picked up a box of each with the alignXL to test against my usual Pro V1x.

Also if you use code PRINTED you get free personalized on all but Titleist where it’s 1 dollar, through 8/31. 

Just played 9 holes couple of days ago with the align xl balls .. shot 5 over 🤩 I been using the align for tee boxes and and putting .. also small par 4 almost drove the green. 
B0B73BE8-25A1-4C88-8904-A6498DE39CB8.jpeg.2c9c9b4170efa5b6bb06f7d8da2c8317.jpeg27AB29FB-DF93-4E47-BD34-32C62064D09F.jpeg.6ef25e715556eca21b728e2bef4d1dfc.jpeg

DD4E70BE-C3EE-4056-9BCD-20DD9A8AB690.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well I played my last align golf ball this weekend, and I really got used to seeing the thick line and not the marker splatter. Once I decide which ball I really want to commit to, I think I will be making another purchase on golfballs.com. Anyone else still gaming them?

8 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

Well I played my last align golf ball this weekend, and I really got used to seeing the thick line and not the marker splatter. Once I decide which ball I really want to commit to, I think I will be making another purchase on golfballs.com. Anyone else still gaming them?

Yeah I am in the same boat I got really used to the align on my ball and I been putting really well with it..

On 10/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, cjeffs12 said:

I'm going back a forth on the align and the pix.  I'm down to one more sleeve.  I'm in the same boat though, trying to figure out what ball I want to stick with.  I played nine yesterday with the align and shot +4 with two birdies. hit all my putts within 10'.  

• 8 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, fixyurdivot said:

One of the other testers mentioned that the stripe on his balls looked off center - that is to say were the line continued around the ball it would not meet the start point.  I looked at mine and did find a couple from one sleeve that appeared slightly off center, but very slightly.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:54 AM, scooterhd2 said:

I do have an issue in the looks department. The print is great. The color is great. But I do feel that there is an issue with the placement of the line. It might but be me, or maybe it’s the Srixon ball, but the line is not straight. If it went 359 degrees instead of 180, the two ends would not touch. I’m not able to get a perfect roll on the ball like I can with Triple Track. Something is just off, and it’s not a deal breaker as I believe the line still does what it is intended to do, but it is not perfect.But for whatever reason, it just doesn’t match up with the Srixon graphics, and the roll of the ball bothers me.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, twyatt700 said:

The line appears to be slightly off center. 

The off axis line bothers me a little so I’m docking points here

It wasn’t perfect on the center axis 

I've got a new wrinkle from the 3 doz Srixons that I just bought... all of the markings are, in fact, centered. HOWEVER, the stripe on one side of the text is at a different angle than the stripe on the other side of the text. I haven't measured it yet, but eyeballing I'd say the left stripe and text are... aligned (sorry, too easy)... but the right stripe seems to be tilted counter-clockwise by about 2 degrees. Now I'm wishing that maybe the paint wasn't so durable so I could scrape off the right stripe 🙂

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review