TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

It's time to get aligned!

image.png

We've got a fresh collection of six forum members who'll be getting a new batch of balls with the custom alignment features of Align XL. We've got a mix of guys here: some who use the normal OEM line, some who draw a line (one who admits drawing them freehand at times!), and one who's not a line guy. Let's see how much the big line helps their games!

Our testers are:

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Golfballs.com Align XL- Official MGS Forum Review by CJEFFS12

Howdy, I am Corbin, and I am a first time tester, and really would like to thank MGS and Golfballs.com for allowing me to test the Align XL. During this testing period I am very excited to announce that I got engaged to my very beautiful Fiancée, and we have 2 dogs, Bowie and Angus, and a horse, Bentley.

Engagement.JPEG.266d3cc17c3d54834108be7405fb56d8.JPEG

I play in the College Station area of Texas, so I play with a lot of elevation changes and winds. I grew playing the big 3 of sports as most kids in Texas do, Football, Baseball, and basketball. I did not pick up golf until I was in college 10 years ago, and my roommate took me to the driving range and let me hit some of his clubs and I got the fever. I naturally had a lot of speed from my baseball days, but was never really serious about it. I joined the Army not too long after, and put the clubs away for several years. In the Army is where I earned my nickname “JEFE” which is why I selected it on my line. When I was back home, golf was my outlet and way to challenge myself again. I am now an 8 handicap, and through this testing I have really opened my eyes to how much I need to keep practicing my short game. I average 285 off the tee, and hit about 45% of the fairways, and I am fairly good with the putter. So my game consists of just try to get it down there and then on the green so I can two putt for par. For the testing, I spent several hours a week on the practice greens putting and chipping/pitching on the line to test the durability. I did see that I could use some additional spin around the green as I use the Bridgestone Tour B X, and not to say it does not spin, at my skill level I could not get it to do it consistently enough times. This testing really opened my eyes on needing to work on my short game, and maybe a change in balls could help me score better.  As far as using alignment aids, I am always a marker guy. I am a very visual person, so the line gives me a feeling of confidence that I am aiming correctly.  I always use it to line up putts inside of 15 feet, anything outside of that I just put the “B” logo facing up for me to focus on and let it roll. I always was having to reapply the line because I hit and it would splatter, or washing it would make it fade away. Naturally these were two issues I was hoping the Align XL would be an advantage.  I had never used the line off the tee, but I did during the testing, and it sure did help me off the tee. 

Letter.jpeg.c32ac1ab495bb1e577c4c7889dd5b26e.jpeg        624748170_Ball1.jpeg.3cd97b44f10097bfb136ed80862334d6.jpeg

First Impressions

I liked the golfballs.com box, and the personal letter that was inside. It was just golf balls, but it was snug and securely packed and everything was perfect. I did notice some smudge dots on the golf balls, but the lines were very distinct, and very straight. I would always get smudges on the lines from the marker, and always a pain to try to keep it straight. These are 180 degrees around the ball, so much longer than the lines I would draw myself. I was very excited to get these on the course.

Grading-

Looks & Durability- 13/15

One thing that always bothered me with the marker is that one hit on the line and it would splatter, spider web or even disappear from cleaning between holes. It would take time during the round trying to reapply and keep it straight. The splatter would sometimes make the line not straight anymore and be difficult to line up on my intended line. Enter, Align XL, this line held up amazing. Pictured is an Align XL I used for 27 holes, and used to durability test where I hit wedge shots on the line to really try to remove it. I could still use it. I was very impressed. Also, is a marker ball I used for the durability test. 

1868562753_AlignXLDura.jpeg.301dce88271c281f2a3cc490306184c2.jpeg   133095558_MarkerDura.jpeg.e2137ac826406ed42b215a57cb4f0448.jpeg

The reason I am giving this a 13 out of 15 is I had one time on the course where the line was a little of a distraction. I was on hole 18, one down and I really needed to stick one in close. I was trying to draw one in to a left hole location, but the line was pointed to the left, and so naturally I swiped across and, FORE RIGHT! More down to me not focusing properly, and it was one of the first rounds I had with it, but it did not help. Other than that I haven’t had any issues.

377002625_ForeRight.png.4c4a2c249f5d81beba33dd0cef0a2fd9.png

Off Course Testing- 15/15

I tested the Align XL throughout the testing periods really focusing on 3,6, and 10 feet. These are distances I feel at my skill level I am capable of making. I took 100 putts with no alignment aid, and the Align XL from 3 and 6 feet, and 50 with no alignment and the Align XL at 10 feet. I stopped halfway through with the marker due to getting very similar numbers with the Align XL. From the chart below, the Align XL worked for me. It was consistently at the top. As I am a visual person, and used to using a line for putting this was not surprising to me.

Alignment Aid

Make

Total

Make Percentage

None 3'

86%

Marker 3'

92%

Align XL 3'

93%

Triple Track 3'

93%

None 6'

66%

Marker 6'

78%

Align XL 6'

80%

Triple Track 6'

67%

None 10'

56%

Marker 10'

70%

Align XL 10'

72%

What I found interesting was that the Triple Track I found it much easier at distances under 5 feet, or really straight putts, but I really struggled to get it aligned properly on putts where I had to Align outside the hole. I do intend to spend some more time with it, and see if I can get it dialed in for me. 

On Course Testing- 35/40

Starting with off the tee, this was new to me, as I do not typically use the line to aim. I did several times throughout the rounds I played with it, when I had the time. I was very hot and cold with it, but I will chalk that up to me being a handicap golfer. When I was striking it good, I would find I would hit where I was aiming, and on par 3’s I did notice when I used it I was closer to the hole. In the picture was a 5 Iron from 200, and using the line really worked.

699075432_Ironshot.jpeg.b97f91a71b290548bf03127dae156bdc.jpeg

On the green, is where the line really shined. I used the line on every putt, and I made several putts that I would not normally make, and this line made me a lot of skins during the testing period.  Fair warning, you may lose playing partners, I still haven’t heard from one of my friends after going 7 up.  I think where this really stood out over the marker was how durable and defined the line stayed throughout the whole round. I may have had some chips in the paint, but overall the line stayed straight and held the color well.

The only knock I give this is on the one hole where the line was pointing left and I was trying to play a draw and I sliced it like bread. It was something I did get better at, but because it is so distinct you will notice it.

Miscellaneous- 7/10

The packaging, and appearance are amazing. The only issue I really had was I would have liked a color other than black, but there was a temporary issue and now I can order the color I want. It is also 5 dollars on top of the price per dozen, and another 5.95 to ship, so it starts to add up. I am aware that at times they have free personalization periods that you can take advantage.

Game Bag or Shag Bag? 18/20

This product definitely worked for me, and I will be checking back when they have discounted pricing, and I will be gaming this when I can. From the skins I won it would have more than paid for the shipping. Also, it saved so much time not having to reapply the line on the course, and it did not leave marks all over the face of my clubs.

Conclusion-

I really enjoyed the 180* line around the ball it made it so easy to aim, and the line was so durable. I played one ball for 27 holes, and chipped on the line and it is still visible. Sometimes I cannot even go one hole without having to reapply the line due to it being hit on the line. Off the course my numbers putting with always at the top with the Align XL, but nothing groundbreaking compared to using a marker as their numbers were very similar. On course backed up what I was seeing on the practice greens, and was making more putts from longer distances than normal. With the durability and the success I had on the course makes it worth the money especially when they have free personalization periods.  Only one time did I really get bothered by the line, but once I got used to it everything worked out. Not groundbreaking, but it does work if you use a line to aim. Thank you again for allowing me this opportunity!

Final Score- 88/100

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Putting, the great equalizer in our game.  No bazillion calorie milkshakes or hours at the gym getting swole are required.  You may never have the physical ability to drive 300 yards, but you can most definitely putt. The putter is used about 40% of the time and I dare say that most of us don't focus enough on that aspect of our game.  Over the years there have been numerous tricks, tips, and devices aimed at improving the putting game.  Fortunately, just before I was heading off to grab some Charmin Ultra Soft, the great folks at Golfballs.com and our MGS Staff created a test opportunity with the AlignXL ball alignment mark. Even more fortunate, I was selected to be a tester!  So I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to our our product sponsor and our MGS for making this possible 😍.

Pin on Golf

Of the various putting aids, arguably none are more logical and easy to employ as the "ball stripe".  But not just an ordinary stripe, a bold, highly visible mark that can be personalized.

image.png.65d996a69d6bbaf0949aea4c7114374b.png

AlignXL prints a line in a color and text of your choosing that extends around half the circumference...

AlignXL, Tour-Proven 180-Degree Golf Ball Alignment - Golfballs.com

.... that's 180 degrees for you Penny's out there 😉.

Top 30 Big Bang Theory GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Hello Spies.  My name is Bill Schell, a retired aerospace engineer. My wife and I live in the golfing capital of the world - Montana.  Currently on the cusp of beginning my sexgenarian decade (whoever came up with that word had some wicked humor), I've been playing the game since I was 6 years old.  I was introduced to the game by my Dad who absolutely loved playing and watching the sport.  During a good part of the year, myself and a few neighborhood friends would get dropped off at an executive course on Saturdays where we took lessons and then played all day long - each pretending to be our favorite pro.  For a couple of years I played on the south Florida Junior Golf Association and recall playing events at Doral, Bonaventure, and Jackie Gleason Inverrary Classic... even meeting the big man himself.

As the years rolled along, I had periods where I played regularly and periods not so much... but I was never completely away from the game. For a brief period while at college, I maintained a 10 handicap (personal best).  Wanting more, I enlisted a teaching pro who made some big changes in my swing.  They never worked out, my game suffered, and I became constantly aggravated when playing.  After finishing my engineering degrees and time with the USAF, we moved to the Seattle area.  After playing in a company tournament (and winning my still in the bag putter), I purchased my first new complete set of clubs... PINGEYE 2... which I played until last year.

I then stumbled onto this "MyGolfSpy" website thingy while considering some new irons.  It wasn't long before I was sucked into this vortex of golfomania dialogue and then got selected to test the PING G410 Driver.

A Man Sucked/Engulfed/Absorbed Badly by a Air Turbine - GIF on Imgur

Well, I mean to tell ya, that was the launching point and it's been hard to control myself ever since.  

So Excited GIFs | Tenor

My other hobby is fly fishing and, during certain times of the year, I'm in a quandary whether to grab my 5 weight or 5 iron.  It's a good problem to have and, after 30 years of "the corporate grind", happy to have it. I play about once per week in Montana and three times per week when we are in AZ during the winter.

IMG_7595.JPG.069a9fecf0917e33ed7bf4b1c2eae734.JPG

So let's talk about my putting 🙄.  I would say I'm average at this part of the game.  Putting and FIR are my two biggest score killers.  I simply do not one putt enough and my make percentage beyond 8 feet is quite low. I consider myself more of a "feel" putter. I've never done my own Sharpie ball stripes. I've used OEM alignment marks; but sporadically.  Sometimes I think they help, sometimes I feel they don't.  Like a good many tips and techniques, the debate goes on whether the use of an alignment stripe on the ball really does help or not.  Certainly if putting presents a challenge to your scoring, it is simple and easy enough to try. Here is one of the better articles I've found on this topic.

https://golf.com/instruction/putting/should-you-use-line-on-golf-ball-top-100-teacher/

I typically look at the putt from both sides and the downslope side of the hole.  I pick up a visual line of what I believe is the path, a mark/spot about a 1-2 feet out from the ball, then I align my putters line to that. I like the way Rickie Fowler, Webb Simpson, and Pat Perez putt; quick and decisive, and I tend to emulate that approach.  It seems the more I spend looking and aligning, the worse the results.  I have never been fitted for a putter but that is on my list.  I suspect my putter is not optimum and am very hopeful there are strokes to be gained there.

As some of you know, I'm still undecided about the "fitted ball is best" tenant. Now I've never been fitted for a ball but, with the exception of outliers (such as the Nike MOJO 🤮), simply have not seen where a specific mid market to top end ball stands out - and I have tried a number of them. That said, I almost always reach for Titleist ProV1 amongst my cache of balls... why is that? 🤔  As testers, we had the option to choose from numerous make/model balls and it was down to Snell MTB, Bridgestone Tour BRX, and the ProV1.  Again, I chose the ProV1... why is that? 🤨

So my test plan/approach for the AlignXL was simple and threefold;

• Do a putting comparison test using the AlignXL, Callway Triple Trac, TruVis, OEM Mark, and no mark.  
  • Use the AlignXL in play and the alignment stripe off the tee and for putting.
  • To assess marking durability, play a round and position the mark on all shots so that it was seeing clubface impact (had to break some rules 🤫)

The test would include making 10 putts of various lengths, from both flat and sloped terrain, from the same practice green (same locations), and over three separate days.

IMG_20200718_130625653.jpg.c2f082dc34056b737e1f9644478a9ac3.jpg

The balls finally arrived and it came with a personal card from the Golfballs.com staff...nice!

IMG_20200716_125130308.jpg.f04a04e9560220ab2f69f338e80c2bb2.jpg

IMG_20200716_125310666.jpg.c0d13c8914594f08e54d670b446a2240.jpg

IMG_20200716_125322405.jpg.7381a0ea618916d605710974ae099060.jpg

A bonus is that these balls are the "enhanced alignment" model.  It's the first I'd seen or heard of them but I definitely like the added two thin lines above and below the traditional PRO V1 name.

IMG_20200716_125355782.jpg.3050e8edb6e2b83a0282cb9487346e4c.jpg

Oh man, does that look good!  A dual purpose moniker and message to myself and the next user who finds one in a hazard 🙂.  How can I possibly miss a putt with this?

IMG_20200718_115658838.jpg.3eb4243582d725456cd70c85aae11acc.jpg

Grading

Looks & Durability (12 out of 15 points)

We all experienced a slight delay in our shipments and it was reported that the supplier was having some challenges with their ink supplier.  Considering the absolutely insane period we're experiencing presently, and the challenges of conducting business as usual, I just want to tip my hat to Golfballs.com for being in the saddle and accommodating this opportunity when so many other, more pressing issues are undoubtedly in front of them 👏.

A tip of the hat gif - GIF - Imgur

• The ProV1's looked really cool with my personal logo.  The stripe was bold and pronounced and the lettering very legible. 

IMG_20200716_125402276.jpg.346f407e923302e6c98a386b88a7a657.jpg

• One of the other testers mentioned that the stripe on his balls looked off center - that is to say were the line continued around the ball it would not meet the start point.  I looked at mine and did find a couple from one sleeve that appeared slightly off center, but very slightly.

stripe.jpg.c5aca482464790c7c59b3b53cfb40b38.jpg

• I found the stripe and lettering pretty durable.  Following play, there was some minor scuffing and loss of ink, but it in no way detracted from the principal purpose of the mark. Here is a ball played 18 holes and with the stripe intentionally positioned towards the clubface on every shot. As one who plays a ball until it's damaged pretty bad, would suspect the AlignXL mark might not hold up over the long haul (suspect print would get difficult to read). Note the i in DIVOT has been removed and nearly so in FIX.  

IMG_20200718_161749653.jpg.7e1c7f1d7fce21f94f18e579844b01c8.jpg

Off-Course Testing (12 out of 15 points)

• What my test comparison tells me is that using an alignment stripe helps... a little.  I quickly gave up on the TruVis as it looked goofy and I was essentially using the Chrome-Soft mark anyway.
  • I do not like the look of the Triple Trac.
  • I like the look of both the AlignXL and Titesit Enhanced Mark but would give a slight nod to the AlignXL.
  • The OEM mark resulted in a slightly better make percentage.

Here are the results from my three putting sessions:

image.png.0d0886ca1bda55cd00c61faad285c730.png

image.png.43a7d3e42dc7d3eb9d8e309ee96e6a21.png

image.png.deaf3a4a942b528fc6c3cd9200b181dd.png

On-Course Performance (27 out of 40 points)

• I usually position the Titleist, Snell, etc. mark on my tee such that it is facing up at about 45 degrees - not so much as an alignment tool but just pleasing to my eye.  I did use the AlignXL for tee alignment with target and found it a helpful.  It is really pronounced and easy to see... about as close to an alignment stick as we can get and be legal 🙂.
  • I saw no difference in my putting prowess but kept using it since the practice green testing was hinting that it was helping.
  • Seeing the mark at odd angles on the fairway was a little distracting but I don't feel it negatively influenced my shots.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

• This score reflects my feelings about Golfballs.com and my previous statements about them. Innovating and bringing products to market is no simple task and I can appreciate the hard, behind the scenes work!
  • I also like the great options they offer for ball customization and that the AlignXL, unlike a logo, serves a functional purpose.

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (20 out of 20 points)

• Oh these are definitely game balls.  As stated, I use ProV1's quite a bit and the AlignXL plus the "Enhanced" OEM mark are great.
  • I plan to keep one sleeve for future tests with what I expect will be a new putter.

Conclusion
I really like how the AlignXL looks visually.  It is a quality product and offers the consumer a means of personalizing balls while also providing a very bold alignment aid. For those who line mark their balls, it is something I would definitely recommend trying as an option. I think most would like the very professional look.  Plus, no more running to the garage for solvent to clean your fingers 😆.  It's been my observation that a good many of the ball manufacturers are making more distinctive alignment marks - no doubt in response to user input.  Last year, I tested the MaxFli Tour and Tour X balls and they have a prominent alignment mark which I've come to like and have used for putting. 

It it quite possible that I'm simply using the align marks incorrectly - as in aiming it poorly with the read.  Perhaps this technique, like so many other parts of the game, is an acquired skill that one just needs to practice and master. Whether I choose to just employ what comes on the ball or order more of the AlignXL... time and putting results with the remaining 11 will tell.

Once again, Thank You for allowing me to test this product!  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Final Score: (81 out of 100)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

AlignXL – Official MGS Forum Review by scooterhd2

Intro

I moved to the Phoenix, AZ area about 14 months ago from Portland, OR. Previously I was playing golf a handful of times a year with very little practice and would be lucky to break 95. Since coming to the desert, I have committed myself to taking advantage of the plethora of courses and year-round weather. I am fortunate to work right next to a golf course and spend the majority of my lunch breaks there hitting balls and putting in work on the practice and chipping greens. Currently, I am a 6 HDCP and breaking 80 has become second nature.

UP70vePsJE3DmgmEToSc1BG3uAYyPgvmZh10FbDLSkGrm1UbMn4TQJgsz4ikWhaVSNlaxlxI9HcWDbRu3-ey3BXMeULZVqs9ySk3LOsnXSwwixCnzoCSq7lL0aryjoXDNPlgjDss

I typically play the Srixon ZStar XV or Snell MTB-X depending on price and availability. Both in yellow. Has to be yellow as I am convinced that they are more durable.

My putting runs hot and cold. I’ve been experimenting with too many grips and postures and putters, but I have finally got settled in on my equipment and routine. I use a ball marker with several lines drawn on it, I make my read, and try to line up the OEM marker with the line on my marker. I think I am quite competent at reading greens, but I can struggle with distance control at times. Clearly, the more pronounced AlignXL line fits right in with my tactics, but will it improve my putting?

n6oVgffaUsDkiY_2811OB53MnChafCeeBS5U-37VmI4Qh1aoEQ8l61q55u1RE4WXPNnGBSb6IQ1_BFENCaKAxEM8nvVY2flhySZbNjovDjTRFylIqGi-_LDk-w1zscKx5aJ4fOpR

First Impressions

It was love at first sight with the AlignXL. The print quality is fantastic. There is very little bleed. And the size of the text and alignment aid looks great. I really wouldn’t change anything. I couldn’t wait to get this on the course and practice greens. 

image.png.3f243add3957504dcfb77752b405e146.png

Initially on the course I was in love. The alignment aid is very natural to line up. The width is the exact same as the aid on my putter. Just seems meant to be. First practice session I putted really well, but honestly, I struggled putting a good roll on the ball, which was frustrating. It took me a view outing to realize that as great as the aid is, it might be off center. Or maybe the Srixon logo is off center. But something about the two just doesn’t jive, and the ball visually wobbles when it rolls. Obviously, this is just a cosmetic issue. If you are lining up putts well and draining them, then who cares. But to me, if you have a line out the ball you want to get that feedback on a putt, besides just the end results of miss or make. So that certainly put a damper on things for me.

Below are short clips of the AlignXL and Triple Track rolling down a metal slat. It's hard to capture but to me the AlignXL in conjunction with the OEM line create this zig zag motion. 

Grading

Looks & Durability (8 out of 15 points)

I really wish I could give 2 different scores here. I am incredibly impressed with the durability of AlignXL. I used to work in the paint coatings business, and I was fully expecting this to have some issues. Paint over a manufacturer’s coating is difficult. The ball is designed to not take on paint or stain or color, and with the shape and dimples it is a difficult surface. Let alone the abuse it takes. I gave up on the sharpie lines years ago because the lack of durability is so frustrating. But for me, the AlignXL holds up equally to the manufacturer’s marking, and I can’t complain about that. Perfect score in that regard. Below is a ball after 18 holes. Could pass for new. 

I0gkcufmBmXsdTyKJSJqUnCAREiwzXHXw2iYwXFlhJM6ZvHaIXzLI-bPZdOLLi_ONjVMdNZElRfiNw_aV-Zkl1yVIj-YCnpd2rnsDd0N7ljDAvTqrTrearjJnUw4f0x5LpNiXnDF

And here's another after 72 holes, which is about as long as I can ask a ball to last.

72.jpg.d848df03862a619becbd0670239cb2cc.jpg

I do have an issue in the looks department. The print is great. The color is great. But I do feel that there is an issue with the placement of the line. It might but be me, or maybe it’s the Srixon ball, but the line is not straight. If it went 359 degrees instead of 180, the two ends would not touch. I’m not able to get a perfect roll on the ball like I can with Triple Track. Something is just off, and it’s not a deal breaker as I believe the line still does what it is intended to do, but it is not perfect.

NL4JS6dn7dTWv_m5XwXaGPd337U6TCslguZRH-eTmZibiFCPeq2u7Aqy20-qfGQEsPqP6lLJxQ5xHdQkQNUpOHy3XHru_ACJJoyCST2Wzu0ZKgQUeOm-ZLWugg_7I2NmdEZ2N7pe

Off-Course Testing (14 out of 15 points)

I've measured out distances at 6, 10, and 15 feet on a slightly uphill putt with minimum break. I hit 100 putts at each distance with the AlignXL, Srixon alignment aid, and Triple Track at 3 different distances. Testing was over 5 consecutive days. Here are the results.

AlignXL

Srixon

Triple Track

6 feet

10 feet

15 feet

Overall, my best putting was with AlignXL. Has the most made putts overall and the highest percentages at 10 and 15 feet. Triple Track was slightly better at 6 feet. I did really enjoy the triple track alignment aid, but I am not a fan of the Chrome Soft ball. Really had speed control issues with longer putts. Just feels like a marshmallow coming off the putter. 

In my normal putting practice routine, I play a game that really punishes 3 putts. Somehow I can’t seem to shake at least 1 or 2 even in a good round of golf. So I put these alignment aids to the test with 100 mini rounds at distances of 20-25 feet. These were taken from various spots on a 6 hole practice green, trying to mix in a fair percentage of uphill, downhill, and side hill putts, with and without alot of break.

AlignXL

Srixon

Triple Track

3 putt %

Again, I’m just not a fan of the Chrome Soft ball. Left myself with noticeably longer second putts time and time again. In theory, my second putt make percentage should be higher at 6 feet, but occasionally I left myself even outside of that. The AlignXL clearly had the best results. Seems like whatever benefits you see on one putt are just amplified over 2 putts if need be. If I could carry this to the course and cut out some 3 putts over the next few rounds and maintain that, I’d be incredibly happy. 

On-Course Performance (30 out of 40 points)

• While I normally do not use any sort of alignment aid off the tee, I found the AlignXL to be distracting when placed randomly. When there’s water left off the tee and the line is pointing left, my brain just can’t handle it. I feel compelled to set the alignment aid down my intended path. While this is not something I anticipated, and I hate to be the neurotic guy fussing with my ball on the tee box, I actually drove the ball ridiculously well with the AlignXL. Now my game has been improving and the driver has been one of the stronger parts of my game, but in 7 rounds with the AlignXL my FIR% is 68.5. That’s PGA tour level numbers. Small sample size of course, but I don’t mind if those numbers stick around.

• Oddly, in the approach and short game, I could care less about the alignment aid. I did not find it distracting at all. I think there’s too many other factors at play unlike the tee box. My focus is more on the target than the start line. 

• Unfortunately, the putting improvements I saw on the practice green did not translate to the course in any noticeable fashion. My putts per round over the last 6 months is 33.8. With the AlignXL, I have averaged exactly 34. I’d call that dead even given the sample size. There’s so many factors at play here like course conditions and hole proximity. My overall sense is that I was aligning the ball as well as ever, but my arch nemesis speed control got me over and over again.

• Did it help improve my scores? My game is getting better and better. It’s been very common for me the set personal records time and time again. 6 of my 7 rounds with the AlignXL have been under 80, which I haven’t done before over a 7 round period. But that might have been the same without AlignXL. We’ll have to see as time goes on, but the AlignXL certainly did not hurt my game. I have to dock a few points just because my putts per round is technically slightly worse and I was hoping for slightly better. 

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

Easy full score for me here. Golfballs.com is fantastic. Their communication was great. I have used them before and have always been a happy customer. The personal notes from them was greatly appreciated. 

Most times playing a yellow ball separates you from the group, but when it doesn’t I also like how easily identifiable your ball is with the alignment personalization. I’m not one to draw circles or anything with sharpies. I don’t like the fuss. Just want to grab the ball out of the box and go and that is another nice perk with the AlignXL. And it’s bound to draw some compliments from the group. It did for me.

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (15 out of 20 points)

I’d definitely give the AlignXL another go. Would have to be on a different ball next time. I still feel like my style of play makes me a perfect candidate for this product. Ultimately, whether the stats show or it or not, if I was playing in a tournament I’d like to have a solid line on the ball. Just gives me more confidence on the tee and on the greens. 

While I think the price point is appropriate for the product, I’d probably wait for a sale price on the balls. I’ve seen golfballs.com run free personalization deals in the past. Often the balls are discounted. I’m not going head over heels for it, but if you are smart about your purchase timing, it is kind of a no brainer to at least try AlignXL.

Conclusion

Ultimately, this is a product worth trying. I do like the AlignXL and look forward to continuing playing it to see if it can help my putting over the long term, and to see if the accuracy off the tee gains are real. I’m mixed about the quality of the product, as the actual printing is clean and nice and durable as any OEM graphics. It really is great looking and I can see it helping my alignment. But for whatever reason, it just doesn’t match up with the Srixon graphics, and the roll of the ball bothers me. I’ll be happy to play the rest of the AlignXL balls that I have, and then I plan on ordering another dozen of a different make and model. Bring on the Snells.   

Final Score: 77

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Golfballs.com Align XL- Official MGS Forum Review by Mtbryant01 

Hey guys, my name is Matthew Bryant. I am newish to the MGS forum, but have been following MGS for a while now. I was super excited and thankful to be selected by the MGS staff to be able to do this review. To even have an opportunity to review and test out new equipment for FREE is second to none and all the credit goes to MGS. This review might not be as complicated or in depth as some of the other reviews, but this is definitely one I was looking at closely before being selected, as putting has never been my strong suit.

Before I get into the review, here's a little bit about me. I am married to my wife, Kelsey, and we have a 6 month old son, Brooks. I can't decide if he's going to be an offensive lineman or PGA tour member. Both would be cool. I work as an engineer for Southern Company. I basically design power to anything that needs electricity. I grew up playing golf occasionally as I focused on baseball, basketball, and track throughout school. After I realized that my talent just wasn't there....., I picked up golf and joined the never ending grind of always wanting more. This year, I have been able to focus a little bit more on golf as I haven't been traveling around anywhere due to the Rona. My goal at the beginning of the year was to get below a 10 handicap. I am currently sitting at a 6.1 and playing some of the best golf I've ever played. If I had to rank driver, irons, and putting, putting would be last. I took this review period as an opportunity to get better at putting whether or not the Align XL worked for me.

847734446_IMG_1092(1).jpg.56785ff3aaec9b7a5c9cdc331a4d7afe.jpg

My goal for this review was to really trust the line that was provided by Align XL. One area that I struggle with the most is trusting the line I picked especially on big breakers. With the Rona just starting up, it took a little bit for the package to come in, but was super excited when I saw the UPS man stop by. I usally game the Snell MTB X or Black golf balls, but they didn't have those in stock for the white colored golf balls. Instead, I went with Titleist Pro V1 as seen below. 

image.png.8434c605b9d5d2de439155893aac7381.png

IMG_2559.jpg.11fa7a6315d0ad216989983758ff6a30.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg.97936ea9f144793a87ba490bf860546d.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg.4b41b1a6d9cd9e843c21d3eef3492d60.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg.d18b644d9db1ab7034b230bc53e5b732.jpg

First Impressions

The packaging was great. It was really thoughtful of golfballs.com to include a personalized note. That definitely earned some points in my book and will definitely revisit to purchase from them in the future. I ended up getting the enhanced alignment Pro V1 golf balls. I really like the additional lines around the regular marking of Pro V1. It is just another way to line up the ball if you don't go with Align XL. As for the Align XL marking, I was really happy with how it looked at first glance. Even with the personalization of "Be an Athlete" in there, the print was still clear and no smudges were visible. Before I hit the course, my main objective before starting the use of these golf balls was obviously to see how the alignment was on putts, but also the durability. 

Looks and Durability (12 out of 15 points)

After doing some testing, I really like the looks of Align XL line. For my golf balls, I did not see many knicks or cuts in the line before use. After use was a little different story. I went a played a par 3 course at my home course. I lined up the Align XL off each tee and made sure the irons made impact with the line. Below are before and afters of the ball I used during the round. Now I know that I will not line up the ball on the line on tee shots every time, but I wanted to test the durability. Unfortunately there was some rub on it and the line became a little jagged. 

IMG_2585.jpg.d60b8b90c598847357ff0cb888f3bebd.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg.f8b58eca7bccd9409cc5984f24e030ec.jpg

I have used these balls during other regular rounds and the marking were not near as significant. I usually don't line up the align XL off the tee and obviously not for my other shots off the green. The only issue could come in where you line up your tee shots and the marking could start rubbing off more than one might think. 

Another tid bit on the looks of the Align XL. I think the line helped me line up my shots more than distract me. I believe it was helping me commit to the line more so than throwing off my alignment with putting.

Off-Course Testing (14 out of 15 points)

For some off the course testing, I stuck mainly to the practice putting green. I used 4 different balls: Pro V1 Align XL, Pro V1 regular OEM marking, Callaway Triple Track, and Pro V1 without alignment marking. I wanted to kind of get a base line of putts, so I decided to do 50 straightish putts from 5 and 10 ft. We all know that practice putting greens are never truly straight, but I tried to get it as straight as possible. Below are the results of the baseline. 

Off Course Testing Pro V1 Align XL Callaway TT Pro V1 OEM alignment Pro V1 no alignment
5 ft straight - 50 putts 43 42 41 41
10 ft straight - 50 putts 32 31 31 30

These were about the results I expected. I putted from 10 ft a little better than I thought. The next test I did was 50 putts with breaks in them. I did left to right 8 foot breakers and then I did right to left 15 foot breakers. Below are the results. I will say the 15 footer was a pretty big break and it was tough to gauge the speed, but I still rolled in a couple. I also tried some lag putting from about 35-40 ft up and down a hill from different angles. I didn't keep track how close I was getting, but the Align XL and Triple Track were definitely the front runners on proximity to the hole. 

Off Course Testing Pro V1 Align XL Callaway TT Pro V1 OEM alignment Pro V1 no alignment
8 ft Left to Right - 50 putts 20 21 16 10
15 ft Right to Left - 50 putts 8 6 6 4

I really did enjoy rolling the Align XL. The results show that the Align XL rivals the Callaway Triple Track, and for me, does a tiny bit better. Throughout the testing, I definitely enjoyed using the line instead of the no line. I felt a lot of guessing with the no line and even the smaller OEM marking as I didn't feel like I was lining up the putter on the exact line I had intended. Below are some shots from some of the testing. 

IMG_2591.jpg.2c24222f796c2ea729685e30b5ab0cca.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg.dbf5308fc31f7408f99237a5be31c1a0.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg.d3e1e1c066162f5ecf3fc2e6849b41e7.jpg

On-Course Performance (38 out of 40 points)

I got to play a par 3 course round and then 5 regular rounds with the Align XL ball. Off the tee, I found myself lining up the Align XL on the top of the ball instead of the back where the club would come in contact. It was more pleasing to the eye and help me visualize a little better the area I wanted to hit the ball to. On the putting green, I started to putt better and better each round that I played with it. The past 5 rounds, here are the number of putts I had: 34, 32, ,32, 30, and 29. I know it all depends if I am hitting the greens with my irons, but I definitely felt like I was able to trust the line that I was wanting to hit these putts. This came into play on the longer putts too, I tend to push my balls on longer putts out more than I intended and I noticed this alignment was definitely helping me try to keep it on a better line. 

My main goal during this testing was to get better putting, aka no three putts. I believe this alignment is definitely helping me commit to the lines I choose, I just need to get a better feel for the speed and I'm good. My goal is to try and average less than 2 putts a round whether its getting birdies, 2 putt pars, or finishing off an up and down. I'm definitely tending in the right direction with the help of Align XL.

Miscellaneous (9 out of 10)

For this section, golfballs.com gets a shout out for sending over that personalized note with the package of the golf balls. That was really cool to open up and see the note just for me. I also received a lot of good compliments from my playing partners for each round. I let them try out the Align XL balls on some of the holes and golfballs.com will probably gain some more customers here soon. I didn't get to game my regular Snell MTB X in the white colored golf ball, so that is why it isn't a 10 out of 10. Hopefully that comes in stock soon.

Game Bag or Shag Bag (18 out of 20)

I will definitely be trying to use the Align XL as my game ball. I believe it has helped me tremendously with lining up my putts, and some off the tee. While I can get cheaper Snell balls from other websites in bundles, I'll be watching out for deals from mygolfballs.com with the personalization Align XL. I do tend to lose some balls in the woods off the tee where I play, so I tend to try and watch how much money I'm spending on golf balls. I do thing though the Align XL is 100% worth looking into and trying for yourself.

Conclusion

I wouldn't be surprised if I rated the highest score for Align XL. I really enjoyed using the Align XL in putting. I have struggled with finding the right line when using regular OEM alignments. The 180 degree line on the Align XL definitely helped me commit to my lines and sink more putts than usual for me. Overall very happy with the results and will be using the Align XL again!

Final Score: 91/100

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

The review that pretty much everyone has been waiting for and tracking  ... the 2020 cobra conne.. cough cough Golfballs.com Align XL !. I kid but seriously this was the first time I was picked as a MSG tester and I am excited to be a part of this test and Would like to thank all the Admins on the forum for a great job keeping this a great place to talk golf. 

I been playing golf since I was around 9 years old my dad used to take me to the local muni located in the Juniata section of Philadelphia. Unfortunately, I never cared to get into it as I was always playing other sports as a kid and was a pretty decent track runner in high school as I ran in the Penn Relays multiple times. I really got into golf while I was in college and just like to get out and play never really kept a handicap until I was started to play with friends who are degenerate gamblers and forced me to keep my handicap which is currently at 19. I now live in Collingswood, NJ with my wife and kids and still play at whatever local muni I can get a tee time in since I am scared to take the plunge for a private course. 

For me, I really want my golf ball to perform well and be consistent through the whole box. I normally play Maxfli Tour X ball which I first read about during the MGS ball test. I needed to load up for the season and Dick's sporting goods had buy 1 get 1 deal so I loaded up baby. I really like that ball to me it was very consistent through each round I played them and through each shots other then when I slice (I blame the ball for my slices .. it can't be me) 

Golf Slice GIFs | Tenor

Once the Bridgestone Tour B RX came out I picked up a box which I did through their V fit and have to say it is my new favorite ball. That is the reason why I picked it for the Gallball.com Align XL test. I would use a marker line with an OEM tool that I only used to line up putts. But the line always would get smeared or messed up during the round. I never used the line off the tee for some unknown reason until this test and it really did help a lot. When I tee off I usually have trouble closing the club face fast enough and to counter that I would open my stance a bit more then usually or aim left to play the slice/power fade. When I am on the green I find my line and would set the ball with the marker line up and then step back to get the over view from above. 

First Impressions 

The packaging was really good the box came in decent condition and the box of balls inside were untouched. 1924909172_image0(1).jpeg.c753e859f8326bc353b8cbda8adb7ab2.jpeg

Inside the box they used the air bubble packs so the highly valuable merchandise wouldn't be touch! 

image3.jpeg.a6a132c9ed741d7c2cee359746918bbe.jpeg

The card is a really nice touch any time I buy something and a handwriting card is in there I will most likely buy from that person again. To me that is really important that someone would take time out of their day to address a customer. 

image6.jpeg.7abbb10c09e799ee21d5b65690656409.jpeg

My first impressions of the actual ball is I really dig the personalized featured with the Align XL ball. I picked "Go 2 UR Home" from the the Happy Gilmore movie. It is something I would say to myself and the ball when I need to make a putt and wouldn't you know it works 60% of the time all of the time..... wait what.... 

Works Every Time GIFs | Tenor

image2.jpeg.84f255e0fc0c48e96b58673a509cc679.jpeg

For me the biggest thing would be how durable is the Align XL on the ball. If this line holds up during the test and rounds I play it will definitely earn a place in my bag. From using a marker line on my ball I know the Align XL will help me with putting as the Align XL jumps out to me more visually then the marker line I put on the ball. You can see from this close up picture that the Align XL is thicker, straighter and stands out little bit better.  

1689862165_Ballmarkerlinecompare1.jpeg.57b44444971f87e5f2232f88b0e3254b.jpeg

I did three main testing categories 1) the putt test - the standard for the Align XL ball test. 2) the back yard net of doom test ! - this highly scientific test would make Dechambeau proud... I just whacked the hell out of the Align XL on the ball into my around 150 - 200 times with the Align XL facing the club face each time. 3) Golf Round test ! - most important is how does it game. So in the famous words of Adam Beach .."Lets get it"

Bryson DeChambeau: The 7 things I think about before every shot ...

Grading 

Looks & Durability (13.5 out of 15 points) 

The first inspection of the ball I notice some off line of the Align XL and OEM mark which isn't a big deal to me as I didn't use the OEM mark at all but to some it could make a difference so took a half of point off for that and also had some ink specs and the "GO 2 UR Home" was faded on the "UR" part. That did concern me that if it is already faded what will happen during the test. That didn't distract me from using this ball so I only deducted a point and a half because from standing over the ball you didn't notice the imperfections, to me this isn't a big deal but if you are paying from your personalized ball you would be disappoint that it was faded. 

IMG_2219.jpg.9ab10849a805046b7270a8ac59280e41.jpg920528319_Golfballspots.jpg.d9f2251b0d9b2d81f4484586ded61d43.jpg

Off-Course Testing (14 out of 15 Points) 

I set up the two drills I mention above the standard putting drill and the Back yard net of doom drill. The putting drill for me showed the worth of getting the align. I am a very visual person and the Align XL just jumped out better for me then my marker line. The see chart below that shows I just putted better with the Align and I felt like I could just see the ball was set up better. Little note on the putts none of these lines were straight putts they had a slight to moderate slope for them.

image.png.cfcfbd381350d5fe5ccd04fe33c9b9bf.png 

The align really held up well when I did the back yard net of doom test. The align was a little mess up but we are talking about hitting the align 150-200 times into a net. This is what really impressed me, I had little faith the ink would hold up this well and really swayed me in a big way more then the putting test. 

910185234_61315562920__01E21E3D-3757-4B2C-ABF3-C9A2B5728334(1).JPG.131ac8ca87ec3169067b2bb873c1753e.JPGIMG_2224.jpg.3baa7af642daeca5b55328cc580d4309.jpg

On-Course Performance (36 out of 40)

For the on-course performance I played 4 total rounds, 2 rounds where I made sure I realigned the ball to hit the Align XL on every shot and 2 rounds of just normal course play where I only used the Align XL on the tee boxes and greens. For the 2 rounds I realigned the ball to always use the Align XL as an aide I felt like it definitely gave me a better target line to aim at or to make sure my club path would be in a better position. I would first leave the ball on the fair way (or rough) with out touching it and just aim like I normally do and pick a spot. Then I was set up the ball to use the Align XL to help me see if I picked a right line or should of re-adjust. Most of the times I felt like the Align XL gave me a better alignment to aim. Also one of the biggest take away's I got from this was I felt like the Align XL gave me a better visual to hit the ball. I noticed I focused on the back side of the ball much better and had less chunk/mishits. Unfortunately during a round you can't move your ball around on the course to use as an alignment tool but if you could definitely use this during a practice round to get into some good habits for aiming. 

For the 2 rounds that I only used the Align XL on the Tee box and Greens It definitely helped me aim better. I didn't always put the ball where I wanted too but that's the old its the wizard not the wand saying. But I did feel a lot better about my approach off the tee box and when I did get a good hit off the tee the ball was in the general area of where I wanted to put it. 

For all 4 rounds the Align XL was great on the green not sure if it was a placebo effect but my putting felt a lot better. Even with putts outside of 15 feet which I didn't make but I had the confidence that I would make it and had some really good putts. I also started to use this alignment ball marker that I had purchased right during the testing which kind of gave me an extended line to make sure my ball aligned correctly. 

The main factors that really sold me was how it helped me with the alignment off the tee box. I always had a problem with trying to aim correctly, I would either hit a good shot and the ball would be dead straight but I was aiming wrong place. For me this was biggest take away even bigger then the putting alignment. Also another surprise was I felt like it was a good visual indicator with trying to make sure I hit the ball correctly. I did notice when I was on the fair way during the rounds I would realign the ball I had better hits and less chunks. All in all I felt like I played better more confidently which will improve my score in the long run. 

IMG_2281.jpg.cb446cbb267a6fc81f70eef917d56aee.jpg

Miscellaneous (8 out of 10)

For this section I felt like the packing, protection and shipment were good I think they had some ink problems so shipments were delayed to me that's not a huge deal but in a world where people want everything as fast as possible if they have shipping problems could steer people away.  My buddy I played with was interested with what I was doing and thought the personalized feature was cool. I let him roll around a couple of the balls on the practice green and he liked them and asked me to send him the website. Another point I like to bring up is the personalized feature, I think through out this reviewed I didn't really mention a lot about this because it doesn't go with the performance aspect. During the round my ball went in to the trees and when I was coming up another guy on the adjoining fairway was also lucky enough to get a detour through the forest and he goes "what ya playing pal" ( yeah he hit me with the pal), I said playing a bridgestone that says "Go 2 UR Home" ..buddy ( had to hit him with the buddy). He goes yeah thats your ball .. thats pretty cool ! and rides off... Damn right thats pretty cool..Pal.

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (17 out of 20 points) 

This is going to fall into the Game bag for me, like I mention above I felt like the alignment really helped my on the tee box the most and something I would def consider when purchasing new balls. The biggest thing would be the price right now on the website it looks like for the ALign XL personalized Bridgestone Tour B RX with shipping comes to $55.90. Now if you go to Golf Galaxy they are $44.99 with free shipping (not sure why might be temporary) or amazon has them for $39.39 with free shipping. So if cost to personalize your golf ball isn't a factory then this is a mute point but Golf is expensive to play and if you are losing balls at an alarming rate then your most likely not going to want to spend the extra money ($11) to donate to the golf gods at your local muni. 

Conclusion

I would like to conclude that 99% of you didn't not read my review of the Golfballs.com Align XL ball review and I don't blame you. I do the same thing yada yada yada, and go right the conclusion.

Seinfeld Yada Yada GIFs | Tenor

I would just say if the extra cost isn't a factor for me the Align XL did improve my aiming on the tee box and on the green and I definitely played better while using the ball. If price is a factor or you don't care about personalizing your golf ball you could go a cheaper route by using a marker to make a line but you run the risk of having the marker line smear where so far the Align XL held up against the back yard net of doom. So I conclude with another ode to Adam Beach .. "We Out " 

Final Score: 88.5/100

61315562920__01E21E3D-3757-4B2C-ABF3-C9A2B5728334.JPG

Edited by Nolan220
final review

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Align XL – Official MGS Forum Review by Taylor Wyatt

Intro

Hey there! I was very excited to be selected for this thread.  I’m newish to golf but it’s definitely got my hooks in me. I was a high level baseball player and golf has definitely filled the void left baseball. I’ve always loved putting and that’s where I feel I’ve made up for some other deficiencies in my game.  I recently discovered the OEM line could be used for aligning puts (Mind Blown) so I was excited to try out the pumped up version. 

I play out of Oregon, in the mid to upper Willamette Valley between Portland and Salem.   I’ve been golfing about 5 years now, seriously tinkering and practicing for the last three.  And what I need from a ball is it to go straight and far! Sounds like everyone else! I would love my balls to auto-correct my slice! Remember that feature from Tiger Woods golf? That would be awesome!

n3LAkhuhgEl-DEtntpM1c9gCL0erc_IFiKAQvfVEJiNnNoA-53lshWuU31ND3rs5-OjVLbuig7G8ZgR-ldLFnFiU_EZYerDakdiCz8iqqLR-qNgDdOlYmlbi1CnvhtlgvjAuIRdk

The Golf Questions

I’ve been playing the Bridestone RX but recently switched to the XS due to some Super Speed training increasing my swing speed! I’ve always liked the feel of the Bridgestone balls and according to MGS testing they are really good too! I’m trying the play one ball thing (I guess it’s important) so I stuck with it for the testing. I’m down to a 5.5 Hcp according to Arccos, but I’m sure that can’t be right.  I started using the OEM line as I said earlier and have played around with the marker line, but didn’t like it smudging and marking up my clubs. I saw a big improvement in my putting when I started with the OEM line, Arccos has me at a plus 4 Hcp. 

rtGvUwb97nd_b1B37DJbcne-hqgoF807-kO1CA4WBsz3E6wPKJPAF65mamDgS-hCHPfzooKVX0ft-fA0zZSxl_s5y7ubyxHv2NpnQTkJgP383X5_KadN8UcmpN4a5tzRSQUf4gm4

First Impressions

So the moment is here! 

cZVRKX67xUBpVaNPRo1FytVti7_RQDUshBKDJVTZUeYvtI-rR6kCrYYlrIUhassF6B7Mi0oH4g_Yma8nq0ZFZCU22auiTRtMAcpbMDxSA6GbWIOzS1cwjJgPU9lHzoVFKivOWQf3

The personalized card is a great touch. 

2MmTsLC3qtL-zUXMuku_caGePVkkFFtHAd-XWyGDzTdNgSRbNNVYipW9cDCC_HakXBRymnO94xOGzmoafDcWkrEdZehZLNpXgQvk8H70n-po9Ft_BMFVkvJYgpxvMZodwsJE1j5v

The balls are in my hand (that’s what she said) 

OnCAOYOGZzD2jUsR7N68Ota7c0xgHJFMWH8qeMcjBfsXHmkD6yO9SLU7iz4DYmWX8FdYvVr4Wxf9Bs07nA7qD1nNsaWcqbFX8sNrfleKAt2Qr1udSMnS2Mf8R0O06vQoGuDncPxe

GK1Q8eLoXO-fjw2sZdtU77whX8n-PQO37z9VQskkW7GqCqixItFo9M49Uv0IHwErmD-2iiSkLTlfZCQwMX-yys3F_1lg9zG5V_zjIRoRUHJzzbIf688fP9o-SN0P-35L0J2YlykG

XrTVu0qbqBa3xb2Q7weZa4Hz4cqOh09amu3yGNPLj6L5ha93ILDdzn0fRdxBa8hIYPVDq9uOUyQ16qQ4O4kYW8iMnSyzsewKluN2DhK1XxQFEDVb9aak0sB9x61smoHVSYJJtDsB

And here is my line.

RuTtP0sWCbBHekl44LaUWXkSVMnHGlqHbBn1p5hA5fOsWfs4ZQP5Dz-H-zuMdC0FVUQhee6y4veFKIHrU5MqhBR8cQzqAsfJMnsDNIo2JljBH8Vnf60TD37IVJxKgpG3CPZ88H3k

I chose “pineapples” because it’s a trigger word to relax. I used that technique while playing and it’s really good for the mental part of the game. 

The bad.  The line appears to be slightly off center.  It may be an optical illusion but to me it seems off.  I took them to the back yard immediately and liked the look of the line while chipping. The lines didn’t smudge on the first hit and they are large enough to see you “line” for the direction you are aiming. 

Bufo-0uLqC-FABZaAHpJ28_WgcLLkDVhhZ41AMgtN1swj5i3AoC0eM2EffDjSzG-CD9bZ7c0cPXXASHumBJYSaOn0Miv7x9qbmM1exAVOmf2goy3s4l6zQWoL9yVkDLwTBnSDpgo

OiROZkwqrEPeDicBKWmanW3B9OBIo7GuMtr9DI8Jt4kQfqssVLEnxEZDBGbXUSDLVYgyHWiut-Ks2w0tIpaLd2hFVrNLNJcfWkppT-syF5M2guuqTp2KiYqGp_QfwIs3IJFKvefs

If this thing helps me with aiming (which I am not great at off the tee in particular) and improves my line for putting then we have a winner. If not, at least I got a dozen of the new XS’s with the Reactv cover! (Yippie!) I call that a win win. 

So for testing, I’m keeping it simple

100 puts at 5’ and 10’ with a twist! I’m going to be comparing the Triple Track vs the XL vs the OEM vs the new Taylormade Pix (go Rickie).  

IAZ1YyN9k6cK1KauoPJ4l8ijYZ76QaN1t65Tb9RcQgm_1I2BMPrkgOfmN8BZtJaHOHwktfwWau7oAHDfIqc9Hf8V3jUBqZcFzOQSbVIHLpIx152B6RRZROIh1alKfGuUx04o0d75

TaylorMade TP5 & TP5x pix Golf Balls (2020) - GolfBox

I also went to the beach to see just how durable this paint job is.

What Is a Bunker on a Golf Course?

Pretty simple.  

Grading

Looks & Durability (11 out of 15 points)

Graphics are clean and legible.  It’s not perfect, but I’m not expecting perfection on something added aftermarket.  Plus I am going to smash these things with metal clubs at 90 to 110 MPH. 

Short term it has held up great after 36 holes (with two kiddos at home 9 is my max right now).  

7ztUu8xbW8Fe0e4XtSiihXeFM3Aq4MTVa0iRYnuFjNQDWBj9rZyGkGObV07JQwN0ecpJI9AYzhUtRplHqgs6c3KlOW1WBxWQf-0aKTX_1QAY2BK1LXFteDt82TAHpa76nQsdqYxt

Doing the sand test showed almost no wear to the paint.  Like, barely any fading on the side. I hit 25 shots with impact on the XL line.  Look for yourself!

oVKqIzfDZ-Q8cub1vtswyJ_hjjvcJCL88bEAUb38G26CzFt77bE5jlfOSLAoJeU9qUkPwycHz1x_Ywe10LtlI8BgZ8ujUODcwcHlcnNFjf8GXfwJRTnbKmnaL4ctNprQX6QH-CfM

Overall the printing was consistent throughout, I knocked off some points on the quality since the line was off center axis slightly. I found this distracting at first, but the line was still helpful and once I figured out how to line it up (rotate the line forward towards the target more) it really suited my eye. 

qbDUtM8ocnNGAnX9kZ6KO416PmbuakeVJi_3w8uG7dob55Atxjkg-gAE4IH591FlxYXwtd-5SfIaX8M5s5asRMsEF9knrG7uk-8-Hjv36e_LYjJbltz_EkEqY0Gz9mhzLCpDeld4

Off-Course Testing (13 out of 15 points)

Here is a chart of each ball and their performance at 5’ and 10’. 

Putting TRACKER

Make % @ 5' & 10' Each ball had 50 attempts at varying locations for each distance

Align XL

Triple Track

Pix Clear Path

OEM Line

Greg Palmer (@GPalmer2) | Twitter

Callaway 2020 Chrome Soft Triple Track Golf Balls | TGW.com

TaylorMade launches Rickie Fowler's new TP5 and TP5x pix golf ...

Bridgestone Tour B XS Golf Balls - Golf Equipment and Accessories ...

Make %

Make %

Make %

Make %

5’

78%

74%

75%

68%

10’

55%

40%

40%

37%

I tested each ball in 4 separate sessions of putting. This was to prevent the ability to miss a put at one spot and fix the alignment with the next ball from the same spot.  This was the best way I thought to get good objective measures. 

I really enjoy putting, mostly because I can do it at lunch and I don’t sweat too much during it, so I really enjoyed spending the time doing this test. But this wore me down.

The triple track probably had the most burnt edges, especially at 10’.  The XL separated at 10’, whereas the pix was harder to get the line at that distance.  Even though both the TT and pix had the same make % but it’s misses were much closer.

The Pix won the cool factor for sure! Check out that roll!  

I definitely prefer the Pix and the XL line and wouldn’t be opposed to switching balls and seeing if they could combine them some way.  Outside 6-7' the Pix would need the XL line to get my vote. 

On-Course Performance (35 out of 40 points)   

I have never used an alignment line off the tee. I really should have though.  I have had my best result off the tee this year in the three rounds I played using the XL.  

My confidence was increased in knowing I’m set up to where I want to hit the ball and not second guessing my alignment standing over the ball. 

I didn’t find it distracting at all on the approach shots.  I can’t even remember noticing it actually. 

With putting it helped with committing to a line.  Now I didn’t turn into Tiger at the peak of his powers. It didn’t help my speed or if I just misread the put, but it was confidence inspiring.  I didn’t have the opportunity to compare it to a triple track or pix line, but I would venture to guess they would provide a similar experience.  

I am a plus hcp putting so any improvements were going to be marginal, but the off course testing showed an improvement and it would stand to reason that would translate to the course.  In the three 9 holes rounds I played I was, 4 over, 7 over and 3 over.  Time will tell if the XL would produce significant improvements, but despite poor ball striking one round I still was aimed in the right direction and the putts that didn’t drop were near misses.

Miscellaneous (7 out of 10 points)

The off axis line bothers me a little so I’m docking points here, but otherwise I got a lot of good feedback from the people I play with on the ball.  I think there are other avenues to achieve what golfballs.com is doing but the ability to personalize it and the option to add it to any ball is really cool.  I think alignment is the thing that most rec golfers don’t give much credence and it’s an easy way to improve your game. 

Game Bag or Shag Bag? (19 out of 20 points)

Definite gamer! I plan on buying my next refill of balls with the XL for sure. I love that it’s already on the ball, I like that you can go straight up line or add some letters.  It is nice to have, but it also makes me feel more confident so why not!  

Conclusion

To summarize everything I have painfully laid out here (JK I was eager to put off my actual job to bust this out).  The Align XL is a big bold line with the option to personalize that is free to add on most balls on their website.  It wasn’t perfect on the center axis but still didn’t affect the ability to line up the put/shot.  If anything the curve of the line may have caused inception for my swing to be more in to out. There are other alignment aides (Triple Track, Pix, OEM, and enhanced Prov1) but with those you’re married to the specific ball. The fact that XL is able to be added to many different golf balls is great! It’s durable enough to hold up though several rounds and let’s face it, most of us will lose the ball before it wears out.  The bold line is not distracting helps your alignment of the tee and with putting. Finally, there is imperial data that this line will help you make more putts, which improves your score.  So why haven’t you tried it yet?

Final Score: 85/100

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

6 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

[placeholder]

Congrats! Should be a fun one.

Kevin Kikkert

My Bag:

• Driver: :callaway-small:  XR 9° (Project X 6.0, S shaft)
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small: Burner 15° (Reax superfast 50 gram, Flex R shaft)
  • 5 wood: :callaway-small:   Big Bertha Titanium 18° (RCH 75W, Firm shaft)
  • Irons (3,5-P):  :titelist-small:  755's
  • Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 in 50°, 54°, and 58°
  • Putter: :taylormade-small: Est 79 (TM-180) 34"

Thank you again for selecting me. I am very excited to get this started and testing with all above. I selected my nickname, JEFE (hef-a), but in red color. 

68DEFD10-E800-4E58-9F93-6F8912F2F6FA.jpeg

This is going to be very interesting, what with the proliferation of "lines" on balls and putters and the overwhelming victory of the triple track mallet in the most wanted test, maybe there is something to this. Just as well we have 6 dedicated fellow spies to do the hard work for us. Thanks guys , have fun!! 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Like the CC4 testers, we patiently await for our testing products to arrive.  But arrive they will and we'll soon be putting the "Align XL" balls into play and assessing whether the visual aid of the single bold stripe helps our game.  I chose to use my forum name on the custom print option. Hopefully it will serve as a friendly reminder to a subsequent owner and we'll see less ball divots left unrepaired 👍.

image.png.97e588b84abd742dc4038f469e8a28c7.png

I chose the ProV1 largely based on my testing last year of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls.  While I very much liked the Maxfli Tour, the ProV1 won the distance award.  To be honest, I still play a number of balls and have not come to any conclusion that a specific ball or two best fits my game.  But I do play ProV1's most often and given a choice (we had many), feel its a good match for my swing speed.  I also chose the "high number" option just for fun - something different.  

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hopefully it will serve as a friendly reminder to a subsequent owner and we'll see less ball divots left unrepaired 👍.

If that strategy works you will have to let me know so I can use that at my course lol 

Montana Pony Express... where are you?

Little Rascals Waiting GIF

Hey guys, first time tester here. I’m really looking forward to testing the Align XL balls and putting them in play. I originally asked to put the Snell MTB-X ball in play, but the site only had yellow colored golf balls. Unfortunately any color golf ball besides white just doesn’t fit my eye right. So, I decided to go with the trusty Titleist Pro V1 golf balls as seen below. 

image.png.a3a2f232a6f493130625212b0dbf07b7.png

I got inspiration for my personalization from Frankie Borrelli over at Barstool Sports and the Fore Play Pod. Frankie is terrible with a wedge in his hand. He tries to convince himself that he is the greatest short game player ever and says stuff to amp himself up before the chip/sandy/putt. It usually never works, but the one time it does, he’s incredible. One of the phrases he uses a lot is “Be an athlete”. Stop messing up and hit this shot, “be an athlete”. It is kind of like in basketball, baseball, or football. You gotta make the shot, catch the ball, etc. Stop making excuses and be an athlete. Commit to the line, speed, and have no second thoughts. Make the putt! 

Anyways, I’m excited to test out different methods of alignment to see if it’ll help out my below average putting. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I went with the Bridgestone Tour B RX - with the "GO 2 UR HOME" from the movie happy gilmore .. I will have a round or two that I just cant make the putts and always right on the edge. So out of nowhere when I started to line up my ball for the putt I would just say to myself alright baby time to go home.... (still missed the putt 😐). For the testing one of my may concerns will be if the align print will hold up with being hit by the other clubs in the bag. I usually put a red line on my ball and sometimes I get to the green and the line is all messed up from wear and tear of the round. 

image.png.71574fd04f1b05660e84a097c0c6903a.png

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

48 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Hey guys, first time tester here. I’m really looking forward to testing the Align XL balls and putting them in play. I originally asked to put the Snell MTB-X ball in play, but the site only had yellow colored golf balls. Unfortunately any color golf ball besides white just doesn’t fit my eye right. So, I decide to go with the trusty Titleist Pro V1 golf balls as seen below. 

image.png.a3a2f232a6f493130625212b0dbf07b7.png

I got inspiration for my personalization from Frankie Borrelli over at Barstool Sports and the Fore Play Pod. Frankie is terrible with a wedge in his hand. He tries to convince himself that he is the greatest short game player ever and says stuff to amp himself up before the chip/sandy/putt. It usually never works, but the one time it does, he’s incredible. One of the phrases he uses a lot is “Be an athlete”. Stop messing up and hit this shot, “be an athlete”. It is kind of like in basketball, baseball, or football. You gotta make the shot, catch the ball, etc. Stop making excuses and be an athlete. Commit to the line, speed, and have no second thoughts. Make the putt! 

Anyways, I’m excited to test out different methods of alignment to see if it’ll help out my below average putting. 

26 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

I went with the Bridgestone Tour B RX - with the "GO 2 UR HOME" from the movie happy gilmore .. I will have a round or two that I just cant make the putts and always right on the edge. So out of nowhere when I started to line up my ball for the putt I would just say to myself alright baby time to go home.... (still missed the putt 😐). For the testing one of my may concerns will be if the align print will hold up with being hit by the other clubs in the bag. I usually put a red line on my ball and sometimes I get to the green and the line is all messed up from wear and tear of the round. 

image.png.71574fd04f1b05660e84a097c0c6903a.png

Very nice. Trusty PROV can’t beat it. I can’t play a colored ball either. Just isn’t right lol.

I enjoyed playing the Bridgestone balls. Awsome lineup line! Enjoy the test !

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Very nice. Trusty PROV can’t beat it. I can’t play a colored ball either. Just isn’t right lol.

I enjoyed playing the Bridgestone balls. Awsome lineup line! Enjoy the test !

Thanks ! Any testing ideas you think we should look into during the process ? 

2 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Thanks ! Any testing ideas you think we should look into during the process ? 

Definitely take a look at the 2019 align review, lots of good stuff in there.

i enjoy the videos. With the lines you can get some really good shots of roll.

i would like to see percentages made in the beginning (3’, 4’, 5’ etc) with regular ball and then percentages made from the same distances with alignment aid

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Checking in after the long weekend. As a Cobra fan, it was nice to see Bryson win the Rocket Mortgage. I'm sure we all noticed his red alignment aid on his ball. Well done.

For me, I've opted to go with the Srixon Z STAR XV in yellow. That has been my sole gamer this year and I have a decent stockpile of unmarked balls of the same make and model to do some comparison tests. I'm going with black ink, as the ball already has enough color for me. Should give it more of a look of being produced by the manufacturer.

image.png.fba7750a444fc67614b0747c16e36e2f.png

If you are familiar with match play, you know "Good - Good" is often used when both players have short, easy putts and it is an offer to tie the hole. Lately, it has become more of an inside joke as my main playing partner and I used to both be bogey golfers and you could flip a coin to pick the winner on any given day. But over the last 11 months or so, I have dropped down to a 7 and now he will frequently offer "Good - Good" when I am marking a 9 foot birdie putt and he is in climbing down into the bunker. All in fun, this should get some laughs. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

One test I plan to run is comparing Callaway's Truvis and Triple Trac vs. the Align XL.  Have any of you seen this video about the Triple Trac and the "science" behind it?  By nature, I am skeptical of marketing and media, the latest gadgets and gizmos - definitely in the "I'm from Missouri, show me" groupI've not tried the Triple Trac and the few times I have tried Truvis, it looked odd rolling out.  The Align XL seems more intuitive and similar to most OEM alignment markings.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how these compare and if they yield any putting improvement.

One test I plan to run is comparing Callaway's Truvis and Triple Trac vs. the Align XL.  Have any of you seen this video about the Triple Trac and the "science" behind it?  By nature, I am skeptical of marketing and media, the latest gadgets and gizmos - definitely in the "I'm from Missouri, show me" groupI've not tried the Triple Trac and the few times I have tried Truvis, it looked odd rolling out.  The Align XL seems more intuitive and similar to most OEM alignment markings.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how these compare and if they yield any putting improvement.

Got to agree with you there. I rolled
A few with triple track and didn’t like it. I MUCH prefer the AlignXL and how it goes 180* around the ball.

You guys are in for a great watching that line roll end over end and into the cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Hey everyone, I’m also pumped to be a first time tester! I have already bought some triple track erc balls and look forward to doing some tests to compare. I chose the Bridgestone Tour B XS with “pineapples” as my custom word. I’m big into visualization and positive thinking. Just like Jack. Pineapples is just a word that makes me relax, think of a beach, takes me to a sweet feeling. Hopefully that will make me put better? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyways, I already have been practicing with the triple track and oh boy they help a lot! I’ve always used the small line to line up puts, except for long ones. I’m looking forward to seeing how the XL looks and helps with alignment. I’m also excited to play the new Tour B’s with the reactv cover. I switched to them last year and love the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Loving what the testers have chosen for their lines so far 😄

I would be interested to hear if any of you find the lines distracting when you are on the fairway or in the rough. Also how well the lines last through the round, do they chip or fade at all?

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

46 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Loving what the testers have chosen for their lines so far 😄

I would be interested to hear if any of you find the lines distracting when you are on the fairway or in the rough. Also how well the lines last through the round, do they chip or fade at all?

A durability test is on my to do lost. I plan on chipping and pitching directly on the align line and compare it to a sharpie. I’ll post pictures of the damage. 

A durability test is on my to do lost. I plan on chipping and pitching directly on the align line and compare it to a sharpie. I’ll post pictures of the damage. 

I think we’ll see some overlapping on the testing. I was planning on doing some classic rick shields durability testing in the bunker plus just some testing in the backyard.

9 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Just like Jack. Pineapples is just a word that makes me relax, think of a beach, takes me to a sweet feeling. Hopefully that will make me put better? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting approach.  You now have me wondering whether my choice will have the opposite effect - leaving me with the image of an inconsiderate golfer who left a crater in the green unrepaired 🤪.

21 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

Good idea.  We should all report back on how well the printing holds up.

40 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

I think we’ll see some overlapping on the testing. I was planning on doing some classic rick shields durability testing in the bunker plus just some testing in the backyard.

Yes that will def happen but I think it will be good to see how well the line holds up each different kind of ball 

I know several testers and readers are interested in triple track, is anyone interested in the clear path alignment on the TP5Pix? If so I’d be more than happy to add that to my comparison. Just let me know. I use the line to watch my roll of the ball to check my stroke, and I know that is big function. 

Yes throw the Pix in too, the more data the better!!