GolfSpy MPR

2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

Our Sponsors

One test I plan to run is comparing Callaway's Truvis and Triple Trac vs. the Align XL.  Have any of you seen this video about the Triple Trac and the "science" behind it?  By nature, I am skeptical of marketing and media, the latest gadgets and gizmos - definitely in the "I'm from Missouri, show me" groupI've not tried the Triple Trac and the few times I have tried Truvis, it looked odd rolling out.  The Align XL seems more intuitive and similar to most OEM alignment markings.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how these compare and if they yield any putting improvement.

Got to agree with you there. I rolled
A few with triple track and didn’t like it. I MUCH prefer the AlignXL and how it goes 180* around the ball.

You guys are in for a great watching that line roll end over end and into the cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Hey everyone, I’m also pumped to be a first time tester! I have already bought some triple track erc balls and look forward to doing some tests to compare. I chose the Bridgestone Tour B XS with “pineapples” as my custom word. I’m big into visualization and positive thinking. Just like Jack. Pineapples is just a word that makes me relax, think of a beach, takes me to a sweet feeling. Hopefully that will make me put better? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyways, I already have been practicing with the triple track and oh boy they help a lot! I’ve always used the small line to line up puts, except for long ones. I’m looking forward to seeing how the XL looks and helps with alignment. I’m also excited to play the new Tour B’s with the reactv cover. I switched to them last year and love the ball!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 3

Utility Iron- Ping G Crossover 4

Irons- Cobra F8 One Length 5-G

Wedges- TM Milled grind 54* and 58*

Putter- Tommy Armour Impact No3 CB

Loving what the testers have chosen for their lines so far 😄

I would be interested to hear if any of you find the lines distracting when you are on the fairway or in the rough. Also how well the lines last through the round, do they chip or fade at all?

• Like 5

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

46 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Loving what the testers have chosen for their lines so far 😄

I would be interested to hear if any of you find the lines distracting when you are on the fairway or in the rough. Also how well the lines last through the round, do they chip or fade at all?

A durability test is on my to do lost. I plan on chipping and pitching directly on the align line and compare it to a sharpie. I’ll post pictures of the damage. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 15* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 19.5* Hzrdus Smoke 90X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56* S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” Gravity Grip

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

A durability test is on my to do lost. I plan on chipping and pitching directly on the align line and compare it to a sharpie. I’ll post pictures of the damage. 

I think we’ll see some overlapping on the testing. I was planning on doing some classic rick shields durability testing in the bunker plus just some testing in the backyard.

• Like 4

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

9 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Just like Jack. Pineapples is just a word that makes me relax, think of a beach, takes me to a sweet feeling. Hopefully that will make me put better? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting approach.  You now have me wondering whether my choice will have the opposite effect - leaving me with the image of an inconsiderate golfer who left a crater in the green unrepaired 🤪.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

21 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

Good idea.  We should all report back on how well the printing holds up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

40 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

I think we’ll see some overlapping on the testing. I was planning on doing some classic rick shields durability testing in the bunker plus just some testing in the backyard.

Yes that will def happen but I think it will be good to see how well the line holds up each different kind of ball 

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

I know several testers and readers are interested in triple track, is anyone interested in the clear path alignment on the TP5Pix? If so I’d be more than happy to add that to my comparison. Just let me know. I use the line to watch my roll of the ball to check my stroke, and I know that is big function. 

• Like 4

Yes throw the Pix in too, the more data the better!!

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

While we are waiting on shipments, I'll go over my normal putting routine right now. I do prefer to line the ball up. I have used ball marking contraptions in the past, but could never get a perfect line and the wobble in a well struck putt was annoying. Also saw durability issues. So I now use the manufacture alignment line.

I use a ball marker that has several different lines drawn on it. I find it difficult to line up a putt while on top of the ball, so I throw the marker down with some attempt to point straight at the hole, and then make my normal reads and find the line that is closest. Sometimes I will need to make an adjustment or line up in between two lines just using them as a reference rather than an absolute.

1301890186_20200708_1237031.jpg.ad0bdf5a03d9777888d57c42d2ded169.jpg

Here the read is fairly straight, with a break to the left in the final few feet. A little hard to tell in the angles, but the straight line in red is at the right edge. I decide I want to play a little more outside, so I line up the alignment aid on the ball to the red middle line and just fractionally turn the ball. Now when I pick up my mark and line up my putter to the line, I feel reasonably confident that I am lined up correctly. 

1872407729_20200708_1237281.jpg.fa8f852ff42da76145b00015194ef16d.jpg

I am hoping the the full Alignment XL will help my process and reduce and errors in how I am visualizing things. I will be doing quite a bit of real outdoor testing. I am sure we will have some testing overlap as I plan to test one of triple track and PIX. And of course durability is a big issue. It's one thing to determine if a line helps an individual or not, but then the method of producing that line has to be practical.

• Like 6

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

3 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

While we are waiting on shipments, I'll go over my normal putting routine right now. I do prefer to line the ball up. I have used ball marking contraptions in the past, but could never get a perfect line and the wobble in a well struck putt was annoying. Also saw durability issues. So I now use the manufacture alignment line.

I use a ball marker that has several different lines drawn on it. I find it difficult to line up a putt while on top of the ball, so I throw the marker down with some attempt to point straight at the hole, and then make my normal reads and find the line that is closest. Sometimes I will need to make an adjustment or line up in between two lines just using them as a reference rather than an absolute.

1301890186_20200708_1237031.jpg.ad0bdf5a03d9777888d57c42d2ded169.jpg

Here the read is fairly straight, with a break to the left in the final few feet. A little hard to tell in the angles, but the straight line in red is at the right edge. I decide I want to play a little more outside, so I line up the alignment aid on the ball to the red middle line and just fractionally turn the ball. Now when I pick up my mark and line up my putter to the line, I feel reasonably confident that I am lined up correctly. 

1872407729_20200708_1237281.jpg.fa8f852ff42da76145b00015194ef16d.jpg

I am hoping the the full Alignment XL will help my process and reduce and errors in how I am visualizing things. I will be doing quite a bit of real outdoor testing. I am sure we will have some testing overlap as I plan to test one of triple track and PIX. And of course durability is a big issue. It's one thing to determine if a line helps an individual or not, but then the method of producing that line has to be practical.

Really like that ball marker very cool. Have never thought to use it as an additional aid to line up. Thanks for walking us through your process 

• Like 3

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I know several testers and readers are interested in triple track, is anyone interested in the clear path alignment on the TP5Pix? If so I’d be more than happy to add that to my comparison. Just let me know. I use the line to watch my roll of the ball to check my stroke, and I know that is big function. 

Oh I like that idea too, mind if I join you in that approach?

• Like 3

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

7 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Oh I like that idea too, mind if I join you in that approach?

Of course, more numbers the better! 

• Like 2

Interesting approach.  You now have me wondering whether my choice will have the opposite effect - leaving me with the image of an inconsiderate golfer who left a crater in the green unrepaired 🤪.

Whatever works lol. When I played baseball my mentality was super aggressive and pissed off... not great for golf it turns out

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

Plus pineapples are just a ridiculous fruit... oh and I have this outfit to go with it
IMG_4033.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Driver- Cobra F8+

3-Wood- Cobra F9

20 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Whatever works lol. When I played baseball my mentality was super aggressive and pissed off... not great for golf it turns out emoji531.pngemoji531.pngemoji531.png

Played the same way. It was an AHA moment in golf for me when I realized I couldn’t do the same on course.....maybe I need some pineapples 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Still waiting for the Align, but I went ahead and got these to try out in the mean time. 

CA62E942-1BEA-4152-87A8-60017912DBD9.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

So after some time on the mat, I really enjoyed the pix. Alignment wise it was okay, the real benefit is it is an excellent training tool. Really easy to spot a well struck putt. I initially did not get along with the triple track, it took some time for me to visually to square up 3 lines, but after about 5 minutes, I was knocking perfect putt after perfect putt with it. I’m also going to be keeping track of make percentage and perfect putts with each type of ball throughout to see which one performs best over time. This is going to be a fun test. 

Edited by cjeffs12
Grammar is hard lol
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

So after some time on the mat, I really enjoyed the pix. Alignment wise it was okay, the real benefit is it is an excellent training tool. Really easy to spot a well struck putt. I initially did not get along with the triple track, it took some time for me to visually to square up 3 lines, but after about 5 minutes, I was knocking perfect putt after perfect putt with it. I’m also going to be keeping track of make percentage and perfect putts with each type of ball throughout to see which one performs best over time. This is going to be a fun test. 

How about on a putting green? Mats get you an idea but even all the practice putting over the winter doesn’t do the same as n the greens.

• Like 2

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt