2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

3 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Did you line up every shot (driver/iron/wedge) to make contact with the 180 degree line? I’m curious if you placed the line more on the top of the golf ball or on the back side to where the club makes contact. I posted earlier about intentionally hitting the line for 18 holes on a par 3 course and saw more scuffs than I thought I would. That’s just one round with it for me though so far.

Nope, when I had the chance to place the ball, either on the green or teebox, my placement was with the line on top which kinda of unintentionally safeguards the line. For other shots, I just played the ball as it lies just like any other round of golf. 

If I notice any abnormalities, than I may try a test more like you are doing, but so far the durability has been solid. We'll see what happens when I hit a tree or cart path. 

• Like 2

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, I’m also pumped to be a first time tester! I have already bought some triple track erc balls and look forward to doing some tests to compare. I chose the Bridgestone Tour B XS with “pine

Hey guys, first time tester here. I’m really looking forward to testing the Align XL balls and putting them in play. I originally asked to put the Snell MTB-X ball in play, but the site only had yello

Plus pineapples are just a ridiculous fruit... oh and I have this outfit to go with it Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Sorry for not posting as much, I have been planning my proposal to my girlfriend, so it has mostly been indoor testing. I am keeping track, and will have many hours of outdoor testing planned for this weekend. As for what I’ve seen, for 3 and 6 footers numbers are close for no line and using the Align XL, but I do have more perfect putts so far with the Align XL. 

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:odyssey-small: 2 Ball Ten Triple Track S 34’

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

Sorry for not posting as much, I have been planning my proposal to my girlfriend, so it has mostly been indoor testing. I am keeping track, and will have many hours of outdoor testing planned for this weekend. As for what I’ve seen, for 3 and 6 footers numbers are close for no line and using the Align XL, but I do have more perfect putts so far with the Align XL. 

Exciting times @cjeff12. Congrats on the future for y’all two! 

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

21 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Exciting times @cjeff12. Congrats on the future for y’all two! 

Thank you

On 7/20/2020 at 7:59 PM, cjeffs12 said:

Very nice! Good luck hope the proposal goes smoothly and as you plan it! 
And of course good luck with the testing can’t wait to read aboutnit

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

has anyone tried to use the align XL on the tee box to aim at your line ? ( or on any approach / chipping line) ? 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

9 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

has anyone tried to use the align XL on the tee box to aim at your line ? ( or on any approach / chipping line) ? 

About to tee off in 30. I’ll try it out and report back.

• Like 3

RH, Alabama

Just now, Mtbryant01 said:

About to tee off in 30. I’ll try it out and report back.

Nice ! I did it while chipping on a practice area .. I think it helps 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

2 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Nice ! I did it while chipping on a practice area .. I think it helps 

Only down side is you can’t move the ball to align other than tee and green. Do you think you would become to accustomed to this in practice area and mess with you on course?

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

@Nolan220 I believe it did help me visualize my line I wanted to hit a little better off the tee. My shot I like to hit right now off the tee is a fade, so I think it helped me line up better at the start. Unfortunately, it didn’t magically unlock the secret to hitting 14/14 fairways, BUT it was sweet watching it take off on the exact line you intended.

Like @Lacassem said, I didn’t line up the ball except for on the tee and on the green. I’m really liking the alignment aid on the green. It’s helping me commit to the line especially on the breakers.

• Like 3

RH, Alabama

I played a small 9 hole course the other day, and the first time around I used the align XL as an aiming point and hit 71% of the fairways. On the back I did not and hit 0% of the fairways, but for the most part they were not terribly off line. Below are the tracking information from Arccos. Don’t judge the standard deviation, it was not a driver course, and I did have a cold top that went 60 yards 😂

BE47D6A8-4196-410C-BACD-61D88FEA2F3A.jpeg

5689193E-62BF-4572-8737-D11972C007F6.jpeg

• Like 5

As a reference for the above post, I typically hit around 45% of fairways. I’m a very visual person, so for me it really helped my confidence playing the first 9 using it to aim. 

21959F3A-5FAD-4865-BA5B-8C12FD98AEEE.png

• Like 2

At the practice green yesterday and going through my normal routine that I outlined earlier. I also frequently play a game where I hit two putts from 15 feet. A make is worth -1 and a 2 putt is worth 0. Then I hit two putts from 6 feet, where a make is worth 0 and a 2 putt is +1. I plays 9 holes and try to be under par, and with the Align I was having one of my best practice sessions yet. 18/18 on 6 footers. 6/18 from 15 feet. 0 3 putts. 6 under par in my game where 1 under is a good score for me.

However, I am not seeing a great roll on the ball. I'll revisit this with some video. At first I thought my putting stroke just wasn't that great, because I know that's an area I need to continue to work on, but yesterday I was making everything.

20200716_173939.jpg.00da32cc5f7e08eea2a7c459417f223f.jpg

I don't know how well this comes across in photos, but the alignment aid by itself looks great. I have had 0 issues with it on the course or in practice.Early testing numbers are favorable. When you mark you line well, there is confidence standing over the putt. But as you can see in the bottom photos, the AlignXL does not exactly line up with the manufacture markings. Which naturally means one of them is not completely centered. I don't know how much that matters exactly, but when you roll the ball it looks wobbly. And I'm thinking now its more the differing markings than my actual poor putting. 

20200716_173949.jpg.925f166044c7a0696cab671c8293d102.jpg

Any others testers notice this? Could just be the Srixon ball. Either the markings on it already, or the way its printed on it. The other 11 are the same as well. 

• Like 3

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
9 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Any others testers notice this? Could just be the Srixon ball. Either the markings on it already, or the way its printed on it. The other 11 are the same as well. 

I haven’t noticed, but I’ll take a closer look this afternoon when I go play. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Only down side is you can’t move the ball to align other than tee and green. Do you think you would become to accustomed to this in practice area and mess with you on course?

Yeah that is a problem, you can't move the ball. I most likely wouldn't because I never moved the ball I was just more interested if it would help and I think it does but can't use it hahah 

18 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

@Nolan220 I believe it did help me visualize my line I wanted to hit a little better off the tee. My shot I like to hit right now off the tee is a fade, so I think it helped me line up better at the start. Unfortunately, it didn’t magically unlock the secret to hitting 14/14 fairways, BUT it was sweet watching it take off on the exact line you intended.

Like @Lacassem said, I didn’t line up the ball except for on the tee and on the green. I’m really liking the alignment aid on the green. It’s helping me commit to the line especially on the breakers.

thats awesome .. yeah I mean playing by the rules can only use off tee and green but I think it def helps maybe not 14/14 fairways haha

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

At the practice green yesterday and going through my normal routine that I outlined earlier. I also frequently play a game where I hit two putts from 15 feet. A make is worth -1 and a 2 putt is worth 0. Then I hit two putts from 6 feet, where a make is worth 0 and a 2 putt is +1. I plays 9 holes and try to be under par, and with the Align I was having one of my best practice sessions yet. 18/18 on 6 footers. 6/18 from 15 feet. 0 3 putts. 6 under par in my game where 1 under is a good score for me.

However, I am not seeing a great roll on the ball. I'll revisit this with some video. At first I thought my putting stroke just wasn't that great, because I know that's an area I need to continue to work on, but yesterday I was making everything.

I don't know how well this comes across in photos, but the alignment aid by itself looks great. I have had 0 issues with it on the course or in practice.Early testing numbers are favorable. When you mark you line well, there is confidence standing over the putt. But as you can see in the bottom photos, the AlignXL does not exactly line up with the manufacture markings. Which naturally means one of them is not completely centered. I don't know how much that matters exactly, but when you roll the ball it looks wobbly. And I'm thinking now its more the differing markings than my actual poor putting. 

interesting .. I will check mine out and get back to you 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, Nolan220 said:

Yes.  I did this during my testing of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls.  You can read about that here 

Of course their claim with those balls is that they are "CG Balanced" and the stripe will aid in both putting and ball flight. So for my first two rounds with the AlignXL, I used the stripe to help off the tee.  Most often, I like placing the OEM logo facing up towards me at ~45 angle.  That just seems to fit my eye best.  Plus, some time back, I started using the "pick a mark in front of you" method to align my stance with the flag or desired target and I find that more reliable for me.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

5 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

20200716_173949.jpg.925f166044c7a0696cab671c8293d102.jpg

I just checked my sleeves and I too notice a slight off center alignment - not as noticeable as your picture, but definitely not in-line with the OEM mark.  I haven't noticed it during putting tests.

image.png.8790a2ed0f1f7cd0f299ee8f94ef1e0f.png

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Lacassem said:

Only down side is you can’t move the ball to align other than tee and green.

You obviously haven't played with retirees in Yuma, AZ.... just kidding, they're not quite that loose with the rules 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1