2020 Official Member Review: GolfBalls.com AlignXL

27 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I enjoyed this testing period with all of you guys. I did my weekly enter of my scores for my handicap, and I was very surprised to see my score had dropped from an 8 to a 6.6. Lowest I have ever been, and even with no practice range I am so close to my goal of getting to 5.  I think it has alot to do to using this alignment aid, and all the hours on the practice green. Ill say this was a very good opportunity for me. 

Awesome man ! .. it was a good group of guys to do my first testing with, really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

I enjoyed this testing period with all of you guys. I did my weekly enter of my scores for my handicap, and I was very surprised to see my score had dropped from an 8 to a 6.6. Lowest I have ever been, and even with no practice range I am so close to my goal of getting to 5.  I think it has alot to do to using this alignment aid, and all the hours on the practice green. Ill say this was a very good opportunity for me. 

Were you already trending downward? 

I also dropped my handicap during the testing period, but it has been dropping consistently over the past year. I'm trying to figure out the impossible, to know how much if any is due to the alignment aid, or maybe just my increased putting practice. Even though my on course stats, show 0 gains in putting. But I am definitely driving the ball better. 

• Like 2

Titleist Blind Tester

• Driver: :ping-small: K15
  • Woods::cobra-small: F6 Baffler AD DI 7S, F8 7W  AD DI 8S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

19 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Were you already trending downward? 

I also dropped my handicap during the testing period, but it has been dropping consistently over the past year. I'm trying to figure out the impossible, to know how much if any is due to the alignment aid, or maybe just my increased putting practice. Even though my on course stats, show 0 gains in putting. But I am definitely driving the ball better. 

I was trending downward, but I had been hanging around 8 for the last 4 months. I wouldn't say the alignment is game changing, but a blend of the line and a lot of practice at 10 feet and under has made a huge difference. I just was very surprised when I saw it had dropped because I did not feel like I have done anything to really improve it, but I'll take it. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Radspeed 9* Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 70 6.5

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* Hybrid Tensei AV White Raw 90X

:ping-small: G410 22* Hybrid Project X Even Flow Black 85 6.5

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" Gravity Grip (Testing in Progress

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope

:SuperSpeed:

Same here! Is shot even playing nine yesterday! All my putts inside 10’ were money, just need to get the iron game working to get some better birdie opportunities!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

Just got an e-mail from Golfballs.com....

Use code 20PERCENT to get 20% off most items.  Titleist isn't included but Bridgestone Tour B X and Snell MTB-X were.  I just picked up a box of each with the alignXL to test against my usual Pro V1x.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Just got an e-mail from Golfballs.com....

Use code 20PERCENT to get 20% off most items.  Titleist isn't included but Bridgestone Tour B X and Snell MTB-X were.  I just picked up a box of each with the alignXL to test against my usual Pro V1x.

Also if you use code PRINTED you get free personalized on all but Titleist where it’s 1 dollar, through 8/31. 

Just played 9 holes couple of days ago with the align xl balls .. shot 5 over 🤩 I been using the align for tee boxes and and putting .. also small par 4 almost drove the green. 
B0B73BE8-25A1-4C88-8904-A6498DE39CB8.jpeg.2c9c9b4170efa5b6bb06f7d8da2c8317.jpeg27AB29FB-DF93-4E47-BD34-32C62064D09F.jpeg.6ef25e715556eca21b728e2bef4d1dfc.jpeg

DD4E70BE-C3EE-4056-9BCD-20DD9A8AB690.jpeg

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

• 1 month later...

Well I played my last align golf ball this weekend, and I really got used to seeing the thick line and not the marker splatter. Once I decide which ball I really want to commit to, I think I will be making another purchase on golfballs.com. Anyone else still gaming them?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

Well I played my last align golf ball this weekend, and I really got used to seeing the thick line and not the marker splatter. Once I decide which ball I really want to commit to, I think I will be making another purchase on golfballs.com. Anyone else still gaming them?

Yeah I am in the same boat I got really used to the align on my ball and I been putting really well with it..

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, cjeffs12 said:

I'm going back a forth on the align and the pix.  I'm down to one more sleeve.  I'm in the same boat though, trying to figure out what ball I want to stick with.  I played nine yesterday with the align and shot +4 with two birdies. hit all my putts within 10'.  

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

• 8 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, fixyurdivot said:

One of the other testers mentioned that the stripe on his balls looked off center - that is to say were the line continued around the ball it would not meet the start point.  I looked at mine and did find a couple from one sleeve that appeared slightly off center, but very slightly.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:54 AM, scooterhd2 said:

I do have an issue in the looks department. The print is great. The color is great. But I do feel that there is an issue with the placement of the line. It might but be me, or maybe it’s the Srixon ball, but the line is not straight. If it went 359 degrees instead of 180, the two ends would not touch. I’m not able to get a perfect roll on the ball like I can with Triple Track. Something is just off, and it’s not a deal breaker as I believe the line still does what it is intended to do, but it is not perfect.But for whatever reason, it just doesn’t match up with the Srixon graphics, and the roll of the ball bothers me.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, twyatt700 said:

The line appears to be slightly off center. 

The off axis line bothers me a little so I’m docking points here

It wasn’t perfect on the center axis 

I've got a new wrinkle from the 3 doz Srixons that I just bought... all of the markings are, in fact, centered. HOWEVER, the stripe on one side of the text is at a different angle than the stripe on the other side of the text. I haven't measured it yet, but eyeballing I'd say the left stripe and text are... aligned (sorry, too easy)... but the right stripe seems to be tilted counter-clockwise by about 2 degrees. Now I'm wishing that maybe the paint wasn't so durable so I could scrape off the right stripe 🙂

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 with Tensei AV Raw White 65S
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper; :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR/XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1 laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review