Approach to Improving Putting?

Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)

I always read the putt, line up my ball, set the putter in line w the ball, then set myself up to the putter. The second line on the putter is a final bit of feedback to make sure I’ve set my upper body up over the putter correctly, ie - that my head is in the right place. Once my head is set I pull the trigger (which for me is give the handle a tiny forward press, pause, then rock the shoulders).

My problem wasn’t setting my feet up too close or too far away, I have a tendency to slouch sometimes, which pushes my eyes out past the line. Being able to get my head (the top of the pendulum if you will) in the right place with much more consistency is one of the biggest reasons I think I benefitted from the new putter. Without that feedback I didn’t realize how inconsistent my upper body was. Pin striping is low tech, but it shows the fitter knew what he was doing on the equipment side to try to fix my busted fundamentals.

Edited by Grit Golf
  • Like 1

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with CNOSIL.  Start line was the key for me.  I spent the winter on a 10,000 putt challenge and my AH HA moment was when I found that being able to roll a ball down a 48 inch long 1 inch wide

It depends on the person.  For me I wanted to understand the putting stroke and how putter designs influence the strokes.  Basically all the nitty gritty stuff.  I found a good putting specific coach

There are a couple of online Strokes Gained Putting calculators.  All you need to enter is the first putt distance and the number of putts for each hole.  The baseline is the PGA Tour averages from Br

Posted Images