TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rational Golf

I've been trying to track down a fitter/golf shop somewhat near me and I finally found contact information for the guy and it's on a website for a company called Rational Golf.  Everything about the system they propose seems very strange to me because they tout ideas like swing weights were made for wooden clubs and therefore irrelevant to modern golf clubs.  It also seems like they are part of the single swing plane/one length iron school of thought.

While I wait to hear back from the fitter to see if he's even still in business, has anyone out there ever been through a fitting with someone who adheres to this system?  If so, what was it like?

https://www.rational-golf.com/biomatch_report

Edited by AmishJason
Typos

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I don't know anything about them, but I looked up reviews on the system all I found was one by Plugged in Golf here:

https://pluggedingolf.com/can-biomatch-improve-your-clubs-golf-myths-unplugged

Hopefully it'll give you an idea of what the system's about. /

Thank you.  They seemed like yet another gimmick from reading their website.

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

2 hours ago, AmishJason said:

Thank you.  They seemed like yet another gimmick from reading their website.

So I don't know what clubs/brands you are looking for and/or how far you can travel.  I follow Tom Wishon club fitting methodologies. Play Wishon clubs in one of my sets. But one does not have to play Wishon clubs to benefit from club fitting. Many Wishon club fitters carry other brands and some just do the fittings and the customer receives his/her specs and goes elsewhere to buy. Lots of options. 

The Wishon website has a club fitter/club maker location feature: https://wishongolf.com/find-a-clubfitter/ . I noticed there are two in Arkansas. You might reach out to them to see how they fit, what they can offer.

From Golf Digest:

ARKANSAS
Arkansas Golf Center, Conway, AR / 501-327-0171

Golf Headquarters North Little Rock, North Little Rock, AR / 501-753-1323

GolfUSA Fayetteville, Fayetteville, AR / 479-444-6300

Good luck. 

56 minutes ago, aerospace_ray said:

I follow Tom Wishon club fitting methodologies.

I too play Wishon irons fitted by a Wishon professional fitter in Texas. The best playing and feeling irons I've ever owned. Lucky me I guess. Wishon fitting employs the MOI method. This is not backweighting. But, backweighting isn't new either. For example; Jack Nicklaus back weighted all his clubs. I even once tried the Secret Grips on a set of irons and liked them for a time. Definitely felt good hitting the ball. You can also back weight your own clubs using Tour Lock weights. They can be found at Maltby and other places I think. But in the end I opted for a professional fitting and went with Wishon.

You might consider looking into it Amish.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I live about an hour away from Arkansas Golf Center and Golf HQ.  My plan is to go to Conway at some point.  It will end up being an all day trip because I have friends that live near there.  I did hear back from the other fitter.  He's still in business, but has no internet presence outside of email communication.  I plan on going there at least once because I can at least play a round at Lion's Den Golf in Dardanelle and possibly run into John Daly.   Dardanelle is more inconvenient, but an encounter with Daly would be entertaining enough to make up for it.

I decided to look at Wishon golf since I've seen nothing but positive statements on the forums and while the clubs don't have a visual appeal to me, I'll use them if they work best for me.  Only thing is the nearest fitter to me is Manny in Dardanelle.  The same guy I spent a week trying to find on Google to look into trying New Level irons.  And he happens to also be the Rational Golf fitter that I originally made the post about.  Being a Wishon fitter has nothing to do with it, but I'm a little more leery of Manny since he got back to me and confirmed he runs his fitting out of his house.  That may just be me being overly cautious.

but I'm a little more leery of Manny since he got back to me and confirmed he runs his fitting out of his house.  That may just be me being overly cautious.

What is your concern? Especially with the circumstances going in today, small businesses have to adapt. My golf instructor works out of his garage and has lots of tools to do instruction. While I had previous experience prior to restarting lessons, working out of a house may not be bad.

Just like when finding an instructor you need to understand how the fitting will be conducted. Ask questions about how he does his fittings and what happens if you get the clubs and you need some tweaks.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

What is your concern? Especially with the circumstances going in today, small businesses have to adapt. My golf instructor works out of his garage and has lots of tools to do instruction. While I had previous experience prior to restarting lessons, working out of a house may not be bad.

Just like when finding an instructor you need to understand how the fitting will be conducted. Ask questions about how he does his fittings and what happens if you get the clubs and you need some tweaks.

I get overly skeptical/cautious sometimes.  Not really sure why I do so.  Then again, I am in Arkansas.  If I get out of my car and see a strange child sitting on the porch playing a banjo, it's too late.