Sign in to follow this  
Firebird

GA Handicap vs Daily

Our Sponsors

Hi guys, Just wondering in this applies else where in the world as my golf app calculates my handicap using the WHS but does not do Daily, so I have to change it every time.

In Aussie this rules is applied to Daily Handicap Calculations:  (GA Handicap x (Slope Rating ÷ 113) + (Scratch Rating minus Par)) x 0.93

The 0.93 Multiplier is be transferred out of the GA Handicap calculation and into the Daily Handicap calculation so therefore almost everyone handicap has dropped by 1-2 strokes.

For example. My current handicap is 21.6 so the old calculation was...
Old was 21.6 x 124 / 113 =23.7
WHS is 21.6 x 124 / 113 - (70 - 67) = 20.7
Daily is 21.6 x 124 / 113 - (70 - 67) = 20.7 * .93 = 19.25

Here is the explanation from the Aussie PGA site. As you can see it does have an impact on a players handicap but I suppose as it applies to all then it is still a level playing field.

The 0.93 Multiplier will be transferred out of the GA Handicap calculation and into the Daily Handicap calculation. Note: Our statisticians confirm this change will have no overall impact on the handicaps players actually play off (ie Daily Handicaps). This is because the slight increase it will cause to GA Handicaps (by being removed from that formula), will be exactly the same as the decrease it will cause to Daily Handicaps (by being transferred into this formula). As a result there will be no overall impact. [See Item 13 for the full new Daily Handicap formula and for an example of the calculation.]

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 48 and 54 Degree Wedges Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - for when it is wet

La Jolla Putter with Flat Car Grip.

Preferred ball - Currently Costco Kirkland Performance 3 Piece but Seed 001 is preferred.