Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Quick Take.

52 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice - welcome to this sometimes frustrating but fun game!

Disclaimer - I am NOT a teaching pro, but what worked for me, to help me work on my swing, is the Regular and the Compact trainers. My thinking is "build the foundation" and then work on adding speed; so I think of the Light Speed as an add-on.

Either way good luck and enjoy!

My wife and I both use the original OW as a warmup (and she hates to workout or warm-up) religiously - it's the best "aid" I've ever used.  I'm thinking of getting the lightspeed since I've all but abandoned the SS sticks. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Initial Quick Take. Forum Member unofficial mini-review. July, 2020 About two or so years I jumped aboard the Orange Whip "train" (lol) ... and it quickly became

Just received my Orange Whip Duo set of the Original and the Lightspeed.  Will be starting on the drills soon and hope to gain some distance over the winter since my Arccos caddie is telling me that I

Hmm. Begs the question, I think - if it's still being tested / developed then what did I buy..? Possibly they're planning some sort of multi-club set, similar to Super Speed... Anyway, still

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

My wife and I both use the original OW as a warmup (and she hates to workout or warm-up) religiously - it's the best "aid" I've ever used.  I'm thinking of getting the lightspeed since I've all but abandoned the SS sticks. 

I'd guess if you're comfortable with, and finding benefit in, the original OW Trainer then you'll probably also be comfortable with the Light Speed.

And no The Rock work it until you drop gym sessions required ☺️

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

That’s why I purchased the OW. About 1/2 our golf group has the OW now.
Great for pre-round loosening up and Tempo.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The Orange Whip swing trainer has been a great tool for me to warm-up before my round and to help with swing sequencing and tempo.  Very often now before my round when I go to get it out of the bag one of my playing partners is already using it.  It works and it is easy to use.

I also have the Light speed and have found that it has helped me to gain more distance off the tee if you do the drills that they’ve created for it.

A few months ago I bought the Power peel package and enrolled in their GFX online fitness program.  It has really helped me over the last 6 weeks.  I have gained mobility, strength and distance through the program.

Just recently I bought the Orange Whip wedge and putter and have just started to use them.  I can see already that they will be beneficial.

In fact I can say that the Orange Whip products are probably the best training aids I’ve ever purchased and combined with their GFX fitness program the best thing I’ve done this year for my game.  

My GHIN handicap index is 4.9 as of this morning and I’m trying hard this year to get that down further.

Edited by Hoyoymac
Added a sentence
  • Like 3

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge EX 10 - 16.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Titleist 818 H1 - 25

Titleist AP3 6-48

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BRX

21 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

And no pics of this dynamic duo (Sylvester and Tweety) 😂

OK... OK...  

IMG_1401.jpeg.09af72eba76c4b3aae2e4ba927d0e333.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice - welcome to this sometimes frustrating but fun game!

Disclaimer - I am NOT a teaching pro, but what worked for me, to help me work on my swing, is the Regular and the Compact trainers. My thinking is "build the foundation" and then work on adding speed; so I think of the Light Speed as an add-on.

Either way good luck and enjoy!

Thanks, it is fun and frustrating and I’m enjoying it. 😅

Thanks for the input also, that will be something to consider.

• Like 2
On 4/18/2021 at 8:36 AM, namoxiz said:

Thinking of having a Duo shipped all the way to Southeast Asia. Can the Lightspeed simulate as a compact for irons Trainer?

After looking around, shipping fees could really increase the cost for me. I did find a local seller who only has OW midsize available. Anyone knows if that could work for me instead of the regular sized (I’m 5’10”). I saw that the website officially lists the midsize as “for men, to work on iron swing” but I was hoping I could also use it for “driver swing”. Thanks.  

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, namoxiz said:

After looking around, shipping fees could really increase the cost for me. I did find a local seller who only has OW midsize available. Anyone knows if that could work for me instead of the regular sized (I’m 5’10”). I saw that the website officially lists the midsize as “for men, to work on iron swing” but I was hoping I could also use it for “driver swing”. Thanks.  

If that's your only option, it's better than nothing I guess .. you could still get benefit from swinging it. In fact, it may be a good "compromise" solution! Fyi, I'm 5' 6" and feel that for me the Compact version more closely simulates an iron swing.

Is there any chance that seller can special order any of the other OW trainers for you..?

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

53 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

If that's your only option, it's better than nothing I guess .. you could still get benefit from swinging it. In fact, it may be a good "compromise" solution! Fyi, I'm 5' 6" and feel that for me the Compact version more closely simulates an iron swing.

Is there any chance that seller can special order any of the other OW trainers for you..?

I  see. One reason I was considering the midsize is that I saw a website for the Australian distributor of OW and they were recommending the full size trainer for people at least 6’0”. Add your thoughts on the Compact trainer and it’s looking like maybe it is a good compromise for now. 

The seller is not really a distributor and seems like he just had maybe an extra so I doubt although I can try to ask.

Thanks for the input, helps a lot.

• Like 1