TESTERS WANTED! ×

Vokey WedgeWorks Introduces new T Grind Offering

Golfspy_CG2

Vokey WedgeWorks Adds Tour-Proven T Grind – A Favorite of Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas

Inspired by Vokey’s work with one of the game’s all-time best wedge players, the T Grind was designed for great hands and a vivid short-game imagination. Available in 58º and 60º lofts, it is ideal for a shallow angle of attack in firm conditions, with low bounce and a narrow crescent surface. Compared to Vokey’s L grind, it has a wider back flange which allows for lower measured bounce.

“Wedge play is an art, and the T Grind brings out the best in the artist,” Vokey said. “The leading edge stays low to the playing surface as the wedge is rotated which allows you to hit a variety of shots from tight lies. This is the wedge that really made Vokey Grinds an important part of our process – and still to this day is a great option.”

T GRIND ON TOUR
Both Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas have recently added Vokey T Grind lob wedges to their setups. Spieth first used the T Grind during his college career. At last season’s Players Championship, Spieth asked Vokey PGA Tour Rep Aaron Dill (@VokeyWedgeRep) to build him a 60-degree T Grind – and it has stayed in the bag ever since. Justin Thomas tested a series of low-bounce options leading up to the 2019 Presidents Cup, ultimately deciding the T Grind best fit the conditions and his game at Royal Melbourne. He now keeps a 60T in his travel bag and selects either the T Grind or a low-bounce K Grind based on the week, course and conditions. Ben An also regularly carries a 60T.

Justin Thomas’ T Grind on Instagram (via @VokeyWedgeRep): IMAGE | VIDEO

The T Grind continues to grow in popularity on tour, especially in Europe where players are more often faced with links-style conditions.

Said Will Harvey, Vokey’s European Tour Rep: “I’ve had players say they feel like they can hit any shot with the T – the combination of the forward bounce for low pitch shots and the grind for the soft control shots is something needed with the vast amount of shots required on links or firmer course set ups.”

Vokey-WedgeWorks-T-Grind 1.jpg

SM8 TECHNOLOGY
WedgeWorks T Grind wedges are designed with the same advanced technologies that have made Vokey Design SM8 wedges the #1 wedge on tour:

• Reimagined Progressive CG is pushed forward from the face for increased MOI – producing improved distance and trajectory control, better feel and a club face that simply wants to square up at impact for more consistent results. To achieve this in the T Grind and all SM8 lob wedges, Vokey’s team lengthened the hosels and counterbalanced that weight with high-density tungsten low in the toe.

100% Inspected Spin Milled Grooves are cut with a level of precision that is unique by finish, producing maximum spin and shot control. Micro-grooves are individually cut in between grooves, which maximize spin on partial shots. A proprietary heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove without impacting feel – making it the most durable groove in golf.

ADVANCED PERSONALIZATION AND CUSTOM OPTIONS
Consistent with SM8, the T Grind features a modern, clean look, which also provides a big canvas for customization. Inspired by Aaron Dill, the WedgeWorks custom options are expanded to include:

Six unique toe engravings;
 Expanded stamping options: 10-character Straight/Freestyle; 15 characters around toe; 5-character staircase style;
 Custom paint-filled Loft and Grind markings and BV Wings logo; and
 Hand Grinds: Raw finishes can be hand ground to exact specs, including both performance grinds and profile adjustments – a true tour van experience.

SM8 wedges can also be custom ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules. For a complete list of options, visit Vokey.com.

LOFTS, FINISHES & AVAILABILITY
The WedgeWorks T Grind will be available for custom order in golf shops and on Vokey.com in both 58° and 60° lofts in Tour Chrome and Raw finishes. RH only. Price ($199) includes custom stamping, custom ferrule and custom shaft band.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Am I missing in this write-up how much actual bounce the T grind will have?  I gamed an L grind 58 last year and if memory serves it was 4 degrees. I'm also wondering exactly what "lower measured bounce" means...the stamped bounce will be less than the L?

This grind definitely isn't going to be for everybody...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And there it is.  As usual, great write-up that answered all my questions.  Got a little trigger-happy with my post I guess...

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

8 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Am I missing in this write-up how much actual bounce the T grind will have?  I gamed an L grind 58 last year and if memory serves it was 4 degrees. I'm also wondering exactly what "lower measured bounce" means...the stamped bounce will be less than the L?

I think I  read 4 degrees?

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And there it is.  As usual, great write-up that answered all my questions.  Got a little trigger-happy with my post I guess...

Well, looks lie you weren't the only one trigger happy, I replied to your first post before seeing you got your answer in the TC piece.  And you are right, as usual Tony, John and Chris provide the best and most indepth golf writing in the biz...IMO!

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think I read 4 degrees?

Me too, which is the same stamped bounce as an L grind.  The write-up does do a good job of distinguishing between L T, and K.  That said, I'm still a little stuck on "lower measured bounce" then...

I looked on the vokey site and the bounce will be 4*. I am not a wedge expert by any means but Measured bounce is influenced by sole width. Since the bounce is measured from leading edge to back of the sole a narrow sole with 4* has more bounce than 4* on a wide sole. Hard to explain without pictures. I actually saw this in a picture a few days ago but don’t remember where.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I looked on the vokey site and the bounce will be 4*. I am not a wedge expert by any means but Measured bounce is influenced by sole width. Since the bounce is measured from leading edge to back of the sole a narrow sole with 4* has more bounce than 4* on a wide sole. Hard to explain without pictures. I actually saw this in a picture a few days ago but don’t remember where.

This helps, thank you!