Fazio Course at Barnsley Gardens

Our Sponsors

A quick weekend getaway for those in Birmingham, Atlanta, or Chattanooga. Barnsley is nice quaint resort with a really cool history. I went back in February and lucked out with a mild winter morning to play 18 while my wife went to the Spa.

This is probably one of the most fun courses I have played. It feels like a resort course with lots of similarities to Pursell Farms in Sylacauga AL, but firm quick greens which made it play more like a tournament course. It was the first Fazio course that I have played and I need more. Hole layout was fun and challenging, requiring you to use every club in your bag.

If you are in the surrounding area you should check it out! Anyone else played it?

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: G20 CFS stiff 4-GW

:mizuno-small: 56* spinner shaft

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore or Snell MTBx

• 2 weeks later...

I have not played Barnsley Gardens, but The Frog in Villa Rica, Ga is a Fazio course and I have played it several times.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, TBS said:

A quick weekend getaway for those in Birmingham, Atlanta, or Chattanooga. Barnsley is nice quaint resort with a really cool history. I went back in February and lucked out with a mild winter morning to play 18 while my wife went to the Spa.

This is probably one of the most fun courses I have played. It feels like a resort course with lots of similarities to Pursell Farms in Sylacauga AL, but firm quick greens which made it play more like a tournament course. It was the first Fazio course that I have played and I need more. Hole layout was fun and challenging, requiring you to use every club in your bag.

If you are in the surrounding area you should check it out! Anyone else played it?

I played it a couple times a few years ago. Not a bad course at all but you have to catch it on a deal or it is pricey. And I don't think it's worth the $125 they want sometimes.

• Like 1

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch