Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

Brody Kunzmann, South Dakota 

I have previously used my Apple Watch paired with the GolfU app. So I would have something to baseline and compare against in terms of GPS watches. 

I currently determine distance through a combination of golf cart gps if available (but not always trusty), also through a bushnell range finder when I feel said cart is lying to me or cart GPS is not available. And of course there is the classic yardage markers and sprinkler heads, always a joy when it comes to that, old school. 

WITB:

driver: Cobra King F9 - 9.0°  
3 wood: Callaway Epic Flash - 13.5°
5 wood: Cobra King F7 - 17° 

Irons: Ping i500 4-9

PW: Cleveland RTX4 - 47°

GW: Callaway MD Forged - 52°

SW: Vokey SM4 - 56°

LW: Taylormade MG2 - 60°

1. Brandon Bui -  Bothell, WA

2. Yes - I have used the Garmin S20 Watch and various other golf gps apps on my phone.

3. I currently use a combination of my rangefinder and my gps watch.  I’ll use my gps when I want to find the distance to a layup point,  hazard, bunker, basically anywhere where I can’t get a rangefinder to accurately measure distance.  I use my rangefinder when I’m hitting my approach shot to the green since many golf gps can’t accurately measure the exact distance to the pin.

Michael Burzynski- Temperance,  Michigan 

Garmin S20, android watch (moto 360 with Hole19 app)

Leupold GX-4i3 and Garmin S20 when I'm in jail and don't have a clear shot to/of the pin

Edited by Mikeburnzy

Mikeburnzy77 

I would love to be part of this test, however, I hate wearing things like watches, GPS, etc. when playing.

Good Luck to all who enter!!

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

1.)Brad Rose. Columbus Ohio

2.) Never used a watch. I’ve always used phone apps such as Golf Logix or Blue Book. 

3.) Currently subscribed to Arccos

Be the ball. 

1. Name and Location: Tony, westchester county New York. 
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)? Yes I’ve used my Apple Watch as a gps device but I am actually in the market to get a dedicated watch for gps. 
  3. Current method of determining yardage: I currently used a range finder for yardage to line and hazards. 

1 Geoff from northern Indiana 

2 I have never really used a GPS watch or system before 

3 I use either a no name laser range finder from MG golf or the blue golf yardage book. 

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic