Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

Mark R. Lewis -- Breckenridge, Mi.

Have used a Bushnell range finder.

Don't own yardage optics or watch though would like to. Usually use course markers for distance.

Doug Chadwick (Lusby, MD)

Yes Apple Watch and iPhone (GolfLogix, Golf Shot and Fun Golf GPS)

Golf Logic and TecTecTec laser rangefinder 

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Darrell Wesner - Florida
  2. I am currently using a GPS device - Garmin Approach G8
  3. Mostly by sight but use the GPS at times.  It is rather inconvenient at times since I have it on my cart. 

Nick C, Polk City, Iowa

Yes, currently use Garmin S62

Garmin S62 and Bushnell V2

Thank you, Nick

Nick C, Iowa, index 2.2

Ping G410 LST, Tour AD IZ 6-X

Sim Max 3W, hzrdous green smoke 6.5

Ping Hybrids 3 & 4, Tour AD- DI 85s

Srixon Z585s, PX LZ 6.5 5-PW

Cleveland Zip core, 49, 54, 58. Mid

Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2.0

Hans Erwin, Texas

Yes, Sky Caddie SX500 GPS, Bushnell Pro M1 and Bushnell V4 Patriot Rangefinders, GolfLogix, SkyDroid and SkyCaddie apps

Sky Caddie SX500 GPS

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

Connor Donnelly, Stamford, CT

Yes, Bushnell V2 and V3 lasers as well as Garmin distance watch

Bushnell V3 laser 

tscdave, tampa, fl

I use a Bushnell phantom, I had their previous model, but the buttons stopped working.  My Apple watch broke, I used it for activity credit.

I use the Bushnell for general front, back, middle, but sometimes whip out an old Leopold laser when I question where the pin is actually located.

•  

Dave :rolleyes:

On 6/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

If  you have followed MY Golf Spy at all in the last year you have no doubt read about Honma's effort to gain North America market share in the club business.That's no small task. However, Honma feels the TR20 drivers have what it takes to do that.

The TR in TR20 stands for Tour Release and it’s replacing the confusingly named T//World 747 line. Honma is producing two drivers in the TR20 offering: a 440cc and a 460cc.

According to Honma, the real TR20 driver story is weight, or, more precisely, it’s where the weight is and where it isn’t. The driver frame is titanium but the body is nearly all carbon fiber.

But we are going to provide 4 of our Forum Members a chance to tell us and the rest of the community if they feel Honma has produced a driver to compete in one of the toughest segments to break into and capture any market share.

Honma_TR20_460driver-1.jpg

How To Apply

Reply Below-DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST and provide us the following information

Right Handed Golfers Only

First Name/City State: (US & Canada Applicants Only)

Desired to Test: 440 or 460

Swing Speed:

That's it.  We'll be choosing the testers sometime next week, so check back and see if you have been selected.  Good Luck

Robert 

Longwood Fl 32750

460 swing speed 97

currently use garmin x40

Edited by Robert Wray

Michael Settle - Rochester, NY

Currently use Bushnell Phantom but also TecTecTec range finder in the past

Bushnell Phantom

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic