Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

Scott DeGeer Tulsa, Oklahoma

Currently use a Bushnell Phantom attached to the golfcart as well as a Leupold GX-5i 3.   Since I ride and walk, I have been looking at GPS watches and would love the opportunity to test the SkyCaddie LX5.  Recently retired from IBM, I am a 1 handicap that plays 2-3 times a week.  Thanks! 

WITB

Driver: Titleist 917D3 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7

Fairway: Titleist 917F3 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8

Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour

Wedges: Vokey SM7 52, 56, 60

Putter: whatever is working

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

Jim Hughes in Gig Harbor, WA, 98332

I currently use the Sky Caddie SG5 and a Bushnell laser device.

Have been a long time Sky Caddie subscriber.  

I play Cobra F9 driver,  Calloway Razor Fit 3 & 5 wood.  Cleveland 22 * hybrid.  Ping I20 irons 4-PW and Titleist Vokey wedges 52* and 56*.  Use Odyssey putter.  

I use Golf Logix on my Android phone, been using it for about 5 years now, was better at beginning now is more confusing than helpful. I tried Golf Shot by Zoom that fails on so many levels I went back to Golf Logix. I'd try this though not a big fan of watches?

Jim

I use the Garmen S60 and love the watch, and the watch tan is something else haha. Good luck everyone who entered!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

John garland Staten Island New York and older model combo laser gps (Callaway)

Barry Jeshurin-North Carolina

Most of the GPS units that I have used are incorporated into the Golf Cart.

When faced with no cart GPS.......I rely on course markers and approximate.

Ricardo Manzo—Georgia 

Yes—Been using the Golfshot Pro GPS app on iPhone & Apple Watch for 4 years.  

I use both the app and Bushnell Pro X2 with slope. 

I was a sky caddie customer from day one . Loading courses always took longer than it should . Modern gps devices have thousands of courses loaded in much easier 

Levi Allen - Coldwater, Michigan 

Yes - Arccos, Bushnell Phantom & Wingman, iPar cart gps

Currently prefer the phantom but desire more detail

Erik Carlson Phoenix, Az

Previously used Samsung Galaxy watch

Currently use Bushnell tour v4 laser rangefinder

On 7/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

Erik Carlson

Peter Haught, Hawaii (Oahu)

Have used Garmin Approach S60 GPS watch.

Currently use the Approach S60 and for shots inside 150 yards often double check with a Bushnell Laser Range Finder

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic