Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

Pablo Bend, OR
Currently use Garmin vivoactive 3 and used the 2 previously.
I use my watch for distance and also have aarcos but prefer to not take my phone out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

Michael - Laguna Niguel, CA

Never used a GPS device/watch

Currently use the Bushnell Pro X2 rangefinder

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9°, Graphite Design AD-DI 6X

Wood: :taylormade-small: M2 15°, F9, TM Reax X flex

3-PW: :taylormade-small: PSi Tour Forged, TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM4 50°, SM7 56°, SM5 62°

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport Select

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X 

Tim, Ohio
Garmin
Garmin, and yardage markers

Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

1. Branson Reynolds, Kansas City, MO
  2. Yes Game golf on phone and Apple watch
  3. Game golf app and precision pro slope rangefinder

Driver: :taylormade-small:'16 M2  |  3 wood: :callaway-small: XR 16  |  Hybrid: :ping-small: G 19*  |  :taylormade-small: GAPR Mid @ 22.5*  |  Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-H5 5-9  |  PW :mizuno-small: T7 46  |  Wedges: :cleveland-small:RTX-3's 50, 55, 60  | Putter: Carbon Ringo |  Ball: :titelist-small: Pro-V  |  Bag: :titelist-small: Hybrid 5

On 7/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

Bill Buelt , Lenexa, Kansas 

I have a Bushnell wrist model 36875. Yardage is on wristwatch model with limited information as to hazards.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location

R William Buelt

Retired phone man

Married 41 years

1 son 2 grandchildren 

12 Handicap 

TESTERS WANTED

1. Name and Location

Omar Stiefer - Bentonville, AR

In the past I have used a small Bushnell GPS but can’t remember the model.

i currently use an app called 18birdies

Edited by Omar82888

Don't think i will be going away from my shotscope so good luck to all those who enter! 

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Mike Venable, Mcleansville, NC

Yes, Skycaddie

Currently using Bushnell Rangefinder

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

TESTERS WANTED

1. Name and Location

Todd page rock hill SC

yes 18 birdies app

laser

Robert Greening, Tyler, TX

Currently use a Bushnell Hybrid.

I use the laser and actually walk off the green measurements for my volunteer job of a Slope Rater for the Texas Golf Association.

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic