Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

Chuck from NJ & NC

Only GPS devices i've used were cart-mounted version at resorts i've played on golf vacations.

Bushnell Tour V3

Glen Koeske in Bath MI

Yes. Garmin ApproachS20

Garmin watch and laser range finder

Glen

From Michigan

Driver: Wilson C300 12* UST VTS Black 7X shaft

3W: Ping G410 with Ping Tour Stiff Shaft

5W: Maltbly Tour TC with UST V2 Shaft in Stiff

Hybrid: Adams Pro 23*

Irons: Hogan PTX

Wedges Cleveleand RTX3 CB 48* & Eidolon 51*, 54*, 57*

Putter: Edel Mallet

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

1. Daniel Valentin

2. I've never used a golf watch before.

3. I normally use a range finder or yardage markers.

I use an older model Bushnell hybrid range finder/gps. My home course has a lot of blind shots to the greens due to different elevation changes so this is where my gps comes in handy when no flagstick is in sight.

I would love to be a tester for this product! Please consider me!  Dr. Kirk Massner, Burlington, Iowa.  Use a Bushnell watch with GPS.  Also have GPS in the carts at my club. (not always accurate)

Joey Currans - Ames, Iowa 

I’ve never used a gps watch, but I have used GolfStatus and 18 birdies 

I use a Nikon range finder, but I have always wanted to try one of the watches for getting distances to the fronts and backs of greens.

1. Name and Location:    Doug Wong    North Wales, Pennsylvania
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?     yes.  Bushnell neo iON, Calloway uPro
  3. Current method of determining yardage: Bushnell neo iON and rangefinder

Chris Hill - Denver, CO
I use Golfshot on my Android phone, but mainly to keep my score
Nikon range finder mainly, occasionally Golfshot for my second shot on par 5s (club recommendations) or to see the hole layout

Callaway Epic Sub Zero

Callaway Epic 3 Wood

Cleveland Black 3 Hybrid

Callaway CF16 Apex 4i-GW

Titleist SM7 54* & 58*

Odyssey O-Works #7

• GolfSpy MPR changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch
  • GolfSpy MPR locked this topic