Testers ANNOUNCED! SkyCaddie LX5 Watch

Our Sponsors

Travis McKenzie

Fort Collins CO

currently using a Garmin g3

Getting a golf gps watch took strokes off my game and time off my round....no more looking for yardage markers! Everyone should use one!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of golfers' favorite words: "It's in the hole!" "Split the fairway!" "You're dancing!" "It's dry." (OK, that last one isn't the best news, but if you're in tho

TESTERS ANNOUNCED! We've got TEN forum members who are going to see if the SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is going to be the best tool for them to hear "Pin high" just a little more often! @AGut

Thanks @GolfSpy MPR! Looking forward to giving this puppy a review from a rangefinder stan!  Also, I have a Pebble Beach Trip coming in August, so pray that COVID doesn't cancel that trip so i ca

Posted Images

On 7/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

1. Brad, Orange County, CA

2. Yes, Garmin Approach S1

3. Garmin Approach S1 and course markers. 

1. Peter Seltenright, Chicago
  2. Yes, a Bushnell Neo Ghost
  3. Bushnell Neo Ghost

Driver: Taylormade M3 with Tensei Blue X-stiff 60

Wood: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 17* 3 Wood with UST Elements Chrome TSPX 75FT

Hybrid or 3 iron: unknown, search underway

Irons: 4-PW Wilson Tour Blades DG Pro S300

Wedge: Wilson PMP 50, 55, 59 KBS Hi-rev 2.0

Putter: Wilson Staff 8802 milled 

Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

1. A.J. / Merritt Island, FL
  2. Garmin Vivoactive, ole' faithful 
  3. My current watch gives front, middle, and back yardages 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

Condor Golf 3W 16* 

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 19* & 22* 

:taylormade-small: M4 Irons 5-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

:Sub70: 48* AW

:vokey-small: SM5 56* & SM6 60*

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 Ball 

image.png.7a412bf6006967dac3e5609984237cec.png  Grey 

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch

Douglas Taylor in Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I am currently using the Garmin S3

I have been using Garmin Approach S3 for past 3 years to calculate distance. It has a feature that allows pin placement, so even close to green for pitching distance I use it.

Edited by HotIce
Clarification - model of my golf watch
  • Driver: default_taylormade-small.jpgM1 450
  • Fairway: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg i25 #3 
  • Irons: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg G Max (#5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W)
  • Wedges: default_ping-small.jpg.bba83d4f21432de50efc14846abd81cd.jpg Tour-S 52 & 56 Degree
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg.ae8c01d5b99b318879ce60f833a6e5ed.jpg MD-3 Milled S-Grind 60 Degree 
  •                   default_callaway-small.jpg Mack Daddy M-Grind 64 Degree
  • Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.de8760986d210e135ee954aba8648771.jpg White Hot #5

In my short time being active on here, I've signed up for the Cobra Challenge, the Super Speed Training, and a few different clubs. But to me, this is by far the one I'm most excited about. Being able to check my heart rate quickly without having to put on the finger pulse oximeter for my daily cardiac logs would be amazing, along with having the best in GPS technology on board to aid in my golf game! I've been lacking a great GPS to go with my rangefinder, thanks so much to MGS and SkyCaddie for the opportunity!

Driver: :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 220 9.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.0
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff (Coming Soon!)
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition (Coming Soon!)
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Ryan Gephart - Washington, DC

Have used Apple Watch w/ various golf gps apps 

Currently use Apple Watch w/ Hole19 app

I have to say, I am very impressed with the level of response for the past few testing opportunities, I see a lot of new names in the applications which is a great way to grow the audience of the site and forums.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

On 7/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

There’s some irony when contemplating the market for watches in 2020.

Specifically, it’s a situation where the original purpose of the item is no longer a defining selling point.

Remember when the primary, if not the only, purpose of a watch was to keep time? Me neither.

It’s a reasonable assumption that time is anything but of the essence; golfers are far more interested in all of the golf-related stuff that this piece of wearable technology does.

The SkyCaddie LX5 GPS watch is built around the architecture of the SX500which was named the “Best Handheld GPS” in MyGolfSpy’s annual Most Wanted testing.

It offers an abundance of bundled golf technology, and did I mention it also tells time. Ain’t that something?

SkyCaddieLX5_HoleVue3-3-600x400[1].png

TESTERS WANTED

This review opportunity is open to members residing in the United States. If you'd like to be considered, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Name and Location
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?
  3. Current method of determining yardage

Thomas Harris 

Middletown,De

Garmin S20

1. Name and Location = Josh & Indian Harbour Beach, FL
  2. Have you ever used a GPS device or watch? Which one(s)?  = Yes lots.  Currently use Swing U app
  3. Current method of determining yardage = Swing U app

This sounds like a great opportunity to get your hands on some quality equipment, SkyCaddie has been around a long time and I owned one of their early models.

I converted to using lasers a few years ago and no longer carry a GPS but I look forward to following the reviews.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson