Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Grips.

I know this topic has been covered a bunch and I have searched and read most threads regarding grips. 

I was hoping to hear from guys in high humidity/rain forest type environments. I play quite a bit in light rain and high humidity because I live in a rainforest. What would you recommend for grips? I have  tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and they were great in the sun but terrible in the rain. I almost threw a club into the pond. I have also tried Golf Pride New Decade MCC Golf Grips and again they were great in the dry but not so great in the rain. I don't sweat too much and have rain gloves for when it's really coming down.

What i'm really looking for is something I can be confident with in light rain and sticky wetness. 

Cheers mates!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

6 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I know this topic has been covered a bunch and I have searched and read most threads regarding grips. 

I was hoping to hear from guys in high humidity/rain forest type environments. I play quite a bit in light rain and high humidity because I live in a rainforest. What would you recommend for grips? I have  tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and they were great in the sun but terrible in the rain. I almost threw a club into the pond. I have also tried Golf Pride New Decade MCC Golf Grips and again they were great in the dry but not so great in the rain. I don't sweat too much and have rain gloves for when it's really coming down.

What i'm really looking for is something I can be confident with in light rain and sticky wetness. 

Cheers mates!

I play in a decent amount of humidity, nothing like the south, but it's normally like 60% out here. My hands also sweat while I play. I like all of the variations of MCC's and Tour Velvets personally, they seem to hold up to anything I've encountered, even rain.

Currently testing some Lamkin Sonar+ on my fairway woods and hybrid. They're very tacky compared to what I'm used to, almost sticky! They're holding up well to sweat, jury still out on rain -- I've only had them installed for a couple of rounds now and we've been having a very dry couple of months.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I have used the Tour Wraps for years and the biggest flaw is any moisture. I have been testing out a few different grips since I have sweaty hands and don't normally wear a glove. The MMCs and the Sonar+ are both great options but I still need to put my rain gloves on as I make the turn in 90*+ weather.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

So for me the best grip for humidity and sweaty hands is leather grips  https://www.golfworks.com/the-grip-master-tour-classic-wrap-grip/p/gm0002/ . 

Before I switched to leather I also liked Golf Pride Multi-Decade Cord and/or Lamkin Tour cord grips for humid weather. Definitely cord grips for humid conditions. 

What not to use!

I moved from GP MCC Plus to WINN DriTac at the beginning of the year. Great in the dry, like a bar of soap in the wet. Not humid in Scotland but can bet quite wet. 

Hope this rules out one set of grips 😉

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

• 2 weeks later...

Live in Minnesota, which you normally wouldn't think is all that bad in terms of weather.  In summers, though, we get long periods of hot and humid, that matches up with the gulf coast of the southern USA.  I am in the midst of transitioning to leather grips.  I've chosen the GripMaster Roo at the moment, like it rather well.  

If I could only decide on which set on which I want to have them.  LOL

I started with one club, and my first round with it, we got a drizzle the last two holes.  That club came into play on both holes, and I had zero problems holding on to the club.  It was perfect.  If it were physically possible, I'd say it was maybe better than that.

If you go leather, you have to select the level of tack you prefer, there's some variation between the grip models.  I've chosen to go to the tackier end of the spectrum.  

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft