Sunnies, shades, sunglasses, whatever you call 'em... whatchu got?

GregGarner

I have Oakley Half Jacket Prizm Dark Golf lenses and Maui Jim's with rose glass lenses.  The Oakley are fine, but the Maui Jim's are superior in every way.  Unfortunately their price reflects that.

• Like 1

:ping-small:G410 Plus driver,:callaway-small:Diablo 3W, :cobra-small: F6 Baffler
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:AP1 716 irons
:ping-small:Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/15, Zing Lob wedges
:ping-small:Sigma G CRAZ-E putter

• 5 months later...

I played all last year in Ray-Ban Original Wayfarers polarized and liked them. However, I'm currently looking at Oakleys. Particularly at the Dark Prizm Golf lenses. Haven't quite decided on which frame, it's between the Flak 2.0 XL and the Portal X. Decided it has to be the Dark (not Black) Prizm for brighter sun. I can play w/o glasses in cloudy weather. I've decided I don't want Polarized. I'd prefer the Prizm as they provide better definition. Now just need to snag a great deal on them.

1/26 Update: Acquired a pair of Oakley Portal X with Prism Dark Golf lenses. I tried on the Portal X and the Flak 2.0 XL and preferred the fit and coverage of the Portal X. I like the D Prism Dark Golf for the visibility and the improved definition over my polarized Ray-Bans  I was able to take them outside and test for visibility an sun protection ( it's winter here, with ice and snow) When the sun was out, they were great for light reduction. With some overcast the still allowed my good visibility and definition. On darker cloudy days, I don't wear sunglasses. I used to take my glasses off to putt. I'm going to try putting while wearing these, to determine if the increased definition helps. 

Edited by JalanK
  • Like 1

Have played in these for 10 years, on 3rd frame, RX lenses....WileyX

Image1611229181.850528.thumb.jpg.3991cd3c421647d02d2e81e31065f39f.jpg

IMG_2623.JPG
I keep them in a hard case in my bag.

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

I’ll post the lineup tomorrow. Not even sure how many I’ve purchased since moving to FL.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So I had Oakley flak jackets with changeable lenses for all different colored golf shirts.....unfortunately in all sports I go 💯 and they popped off my head during a basketball game with my nephew...they were stepped on and very broken so I’m in the market.....

anyone have some suggestions for ones like the flak jacket? I’ll probably get them again because they’re nice and light 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I'm sporting a pair of bicycle shades my wife got me for Christmas.  They go from clear to dark as the sun changes, so they're perfect for riding my bicycle or playing golf.  I also have a pair of Tifosi glasses that I like.  Both pair are wrap around style.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

So I had Oakley flak jackets with changeable lenses for all different colored golf shirts.....unfortunately in all sports I go 💯 and they popped off my head during a basketball game with my nephew...they were stepped on and very broken so I’m in the market.....

anyone have some suggestions for ones like the flak jacket? I’ll probably get them again because they’re nice and light 

Look at Tifosi. They have a couple of styles similar to the Flak Jacket.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 19°, 23° & 25° UST Recoil 660 F4

Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I need prescription sunglasses. My first pair was a set Of Oakley's with prizm lens. The lenses kept popping out and after many times putting them back in the thin edge cracked. 

Currently using REKS - half the price of Oakleys; quality is just as good. High quality Trivex Lenses.

https://reks.com/

REKS GOLF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Tried our the Flak 2.0 with dark golf lense. Didnt like there was a small plastic piece that was visible on the outside of each lense when wearing. Switched to half jacket with same lense and there great. If its sunny enough i'm squinting i think i'm better off wearing sunglasses than not. The lenses do make the grass stand out a bit. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 1" 44.5" NDMC Mid

4w: :callaway-small: Epic flash Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 2" 42.5" NDMC Mid

3-PW: :mizuno-small:  MP-18, 3i FLYhi MMC, 4-6i MMC, 7-PW MB, KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 49*F, 54*D, 59*M KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Putter:  Lajosi Sensor Breakthrough Golf Tour Stability Shaft 34" SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got Oakley Flak Jacket 2.0 XL with the light golf lens. It is making it much easier to follow the ball. Very happy with the glasses.

• Like 2

I have a few pair, but they're all identical.

Classic Blues Brothers Ray Bans ground to my progressive lens prescription.

That's what goes best with suits and hats, from what I can see.

• Like 1

I recently moved from my Tifosi sunglasses to a pair of Rock Bros Transitional lens glasses.  The lenses aren't as optically good as the Tifosi were, but they're still very acceptable for golf and I like that they adjust the tint as necessary.  For years, I wore Oakley Flak glasses, but got tired of buying them every time I lost/broke/misplaced a pair.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 4 -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX

Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer 

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’ve worn Oakley Flak Jackets for as long as I can remember. I’ve always liked the fit so they are my goto sunglasses on and off the course. 

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:titleist-small: TS2 3W w/ Project HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:mizuno-small: T22 54° SW w/ TT DG S400

:callaway-small:  MD3 60° LW 

:ping-small: Anser 2

Oakley Flak 2.0 fo life

• Like 1

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Carbon Professional model from NYX Sunglasses. I originally started wearing those years ago because you could get a prescription insert. Since cataract surgery, I no longer need that insert and they are a nice wrap around style that comes with three different shades of lenses. They are lightweight and reasonably priced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find that if I start my round with them on I need to keep them on for the entire round or else it throws me off. Haha I know, call me crazy! I use polarized but honestly don't know if it makes a substantial enough difference to justify the cost increase some brands charge. I've had luck with affordable options from Amazon. I did buy a high-end pair of Oakley's only to find out that the sand from bunker shots scratched them up after a year of wear.

• Like 1

Avid recreational golfer with a 9 handicap, looking to make major equipment upgrades this year

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra Speed Pro X 10.5° with Aldila VS Proto 65g shaft

Cobra Golf Logo - LogoDixCobra S2 3-Wood 15° with Fujikura Regular flex 65g shaft

Founders Club Hybrids (3 & 4) and Irons (5-PW) with Regular shaft

Cleveland Golf - Wikipedia          50° and 56° CG14 with Zip Groves and 8° & 11° bounce with Wedge Flex shaft

60° REG.588 Tour Action with Wedge Flex shaft

Home - TaylorMade GolfTaylorMade Ghost TM 110 Putter 34"

undecided | DevpostUndecided on what Golf Ball to use this year

2 different color accurate Transitions w/bifocal prescriptions - 10-50% and 40-80% reduction depending on sun brightness level 

2 hours ago, CanadaMike said:

I find that if I start my round with them on I need to keep them on for the entire round or else it throws me off. Haha I know, call me crazy! I use polarized but honestly don't know if it makes a substantial enough difference to justify the cost increase some brands charge.

I'm the same. If I put them on, they have to stay on. When I was in high school, my dad taught me how to test glasses: put them on, then look at your feet. lift the glasses up. Your feet will look like they've moved as the edge of the lens passes. But some will move more than others, so you gotta figure out how your vision will be affected by taking your glasses on and off.

I've picked up a couple pairs of Goodrs for $25 a piece. They're not bad for the price! The only real complaint I have with them is they are not wrap-around and so if the sun is behind you, it can reflect off the inside of the lens 😕 

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60X
Fun driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 46.5" Tensei CK White 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, TP5x, Left Dash
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow