Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

To fit or not to fit if not ready to buy

True Spec has this special for free fittings for first responders/healthcare workers. I decided to sign up. However with just having to put some repairs on the car, not sure when I would purchase. I would hate to cancel on what looks like a great experience. Would be willing to do things like a new shaft for my G400 or new wedges or grips. Is it ok to fit if I’m not ready to buy?

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

I don't see a problem with it. At least you will know your specs and will be ready to buy when you can. Especially in this current time with the pandemic, and money is lower than usual. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

28 minutes ago, Rchang said:

True Spec has this special for free fittings for first responders/healthcare workers. I decided to sign up. However with just having to put some repairs on the car, not sure when I would purchase. I would hate to cancel on what looks like a great experience. Would be willing to do things like a new shaft for my G400 or new wedges or grips. Is it ok to fit if I’m not ready to buy?

I have been fit several times without purchasing. As a matter of fact I normally discuss that (I may not purchase immediately) while coordinating a fitting session. There is a fitting fee that covers the fitters time. IF I were running a full time fitting business I would appreciate knowing up front that I may only be providing a fitting. It would help me with scheduling the rest of my day as discussing club options after a fitting sometimes is lengthy. Just my two cents. Good luck. 

Your specs aren’t going to change from the fit to when you decide to buy. Get the fit and your specs then purchase when ready.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

agree  with above , get fitted and tell them hey right now I dont have the money but I will  soon and I will purchase through you guys since you have my specs 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Yep to all above.  Get fit.  Get the numbers.  and then when ready to buy, get fit again and see if there are differences.  Also agree with being up front about not purchasing.  It might save some of his breath.  

But do bring up that you're considering lesser cost options.  Could change how he's using the time with you.  May have you try different grips and may focus on shaft options for your club.  The more info a good fitter has the better.   

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos: