Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Scotty vs Piretti vs Bettinardi

Tpoole22

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new putter and have been looking at various putter from these three brands. I'd like to test all of them out but there aren't any stores near me that have all three in stock. Has anyone noticed any performance differences from these three brands?

I don't think you can go wrong with any. The SC gets all the attention but RJB and Piretti are just as good. I really have my eye on picking of a Piretti Potenza II in the near future. 

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

38 minutes ago, Tpoole22 said:

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new putter and have been looking at various putter from these three brands. I'd like to test all of them out but there aren't any stores near me that have all three in stock. Has anyone noticed any performance differences from these three brands?

So I have played/collected all three. My decisions were based on which model in each brand fit my eye regarding collecting and obviously the necessary specs in the Cameron's/Bettinardi's that I gamed at the time.

At least with the Cameron's/Bettinardi's I got to test several models of each before purchasing. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Loyal followings and plenty of options regarding customization. Hold their values also. I guess I would prefer the Cameron based on my perceived "feel" (subjective/unique to each golfer). But I love the face milling pattern on the Betinardi's (look). 

I consider the Piretti more a boutique brand. Not common in stores and I bought mine online based on the look and curiosity about the brand. It felt ok but not anything special. That brand does have a following and appreciation for the craftsmanship/look. They are nice. For the $$ they can cost I would want to order and have my desired specs produced if I were to game one. 

4 hours ago, aerospace_ray said:

So I have played/collected all three. My decisions were based on which model in each brand fit my eye regarding collecting and obviously the necessary specs in the Cameron's/Bettinardi's that I gamed at the time.

At least with the Cameron's/Bettinardi's I got to test several models of each before purchasing. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Loyal followings and plenty of options regarding customization. Hold their values also. I guess I would prefer the Cameron based on my perceived "feel" (subjective/unique to each golfer). But I love the face milling pattern on the Betinardi's (look). 

I consider the Piretti more a boutique brand. Not common in stores and I bought mine online based on the look and curiosity about the brand. It felt ok but not anything special. That brand does have a following and appreciation for the craftsmanship/look. They are nice. For the $$ they can cost I would want to order and have my desired specs produced if I were to game one. 

I'm with you, I'm big on aesthetics and really like the milled face on all of these brands. Right now I'm leaning towards a scotty select squareback, but i guess my question really was has anyone actually putted better using any of these brands. Obviously they all look good and have great details, but as mgs podcast mentioned last week looks has nothing to do with performance.