Sign in to follow this  
jgolfski

Check - Go usage

Our Sponsors

Hello MGS Guys,

Has there ever been a test of golf ball performance with and without the use of Check-Go?

--On driving accuracy?

--On putting accuracy?

thanks

• Like 1

Callaway Driver, X2-Hot, 9.0*, Aldila VS Proto by you 70-S shaft

Titleist 4W, 906F2-18*, Aldila NV Fairway 75-S shaft

Callaway Hybrid, X-Hot Pro, 18*, Project-X 6.0 shaft

Callaway Irons, Apex Pro forged, 3i – PW, KBS Tour-V 110-S shafts

Titleist Wedges, Vokey spin milled 52* and 56*

Titleist Putter, Scotty Cameron Select SquareBack

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone B330-S, Callaway Chrome Soft

I actually have one somewhere. I don't use it but I've tried it. I think I might have posted about it some years ago when I was overly obsessed with golf. I guess it seemed to work as intended. I say that because it would realign to my initial mark I put on a ball when I placed it back in the device and spun it up. Does it do anything for your game? I really couldn't say but it's an interesting gadget.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have one. Mixed feelings. Will tell anyone make sure batteries are good and not weak. However, with some balls I get different reading (where the ball stops each time). I am not going to list brands as I don't know if this device is really not reliable or if the particular balls I was attempting to mark were just either perfect or had severe defects (center core issues). 

My theory was I wanted to see how far off the line the manufacturer put on the ball was from where the check go produced after spinning(where the ball stops/top). I had one brand that was real close, almost on top of where the manufacturer line was and then several (including the brand that was close) that the ball stopped at a different position each time..... So I just quit using and go by the MGS ball test and my testing on the course/putting greens. 

I just tried floating golf balls in water and epsom salt to see if the ball would fight to have one particular side float to the top (the theory is that that would mean the ball is out of balance).

What I found was that 1/24 mid range balls (Srixon q star tour and cally super hot) were actually balanced. If the check go thing works, that means, in theory, that aligning them with a check go would make a difference. How much of a difference I can’t say at all.

I tested a few urethane balls (pro v1 392 and top flite gamer tour) and they were almost all in balance, which I think means marking them w a check go wouldn’t really matter.

Unless you are playing lift clean and place, playing an out of balance ball from the fairway on your second shot with the alignment line pointing the wrong way seems like it would hurt my confidence over that shot. I’ve never been a ball snob, but the balance test I did (however scientific it actually was) has me considering spending more per dozen.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler