Jump to content

Anyone Wearing Skechers?


mikeanthony
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not really committed to any one specific shoe brand ... I’ll say I’ve owned more pairs of Adidas golf shoes over the last 15-20 years, but I’ve owned all the big brands at some time or another. 

On a whim, ordered these sweet looking kicks today ... it’ll be my first foray into Skechers golf. Got the white/aqua  

Does anyone have a pair? How are they? 

C793EB24-6DFD-4169-865E-B0423D123B7A.gif

  • Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to have a pair of Sketchers golf shoes and they were fine.  They were ugly but they were fairly comfortable and were durable.  IMO, Sketchers makes fine golf shoes but theyre just fine.  It seems like everything they make is ugly but if you like the style, Im sure they will be fine.

  • Like 2

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased a pair earlier this season and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I own.  There was absolutely no "break in" period for me.  

  • Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ZenGolfer said:

I used to have a pair of Sketchers golf shoes and they were fine.  They were ugly but they were fairly comfortable and were durable.  IMO, Sketchers makes fine golf shoes but theyre just fine.  It seems like everything they make is ugly but if you like the style, Im sure they will be fine.

Lol. Alright ... fine. 😆 But these kicks looks pretty sweet, IMO. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mooremikea said:

I purchased a pair earlier this season and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I own.  There was absolutely no "break in" period for me.  

I’m an early morning golfer here in SC and it’s always humid and wet, especially if it’s cart path only on a few holes and having to traverse through wet roughs ... hope these hold up like the reviews have said. 

Also like that they’re extremely light shoes as well. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Lol. Alright ... fine. 😆 But these kicks looks pretty sweet, IMO. 

Hey, if you like them, thats all that matters.

  • Like 1

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

I’m an early morning golfer here in SC and it’s always humid and wet, especially if it’s cart path only on a few holes and having to traverse through wet roughs ... hope these hold up like the reviews have said. 

Also like that they’re extremely light shoes as well. 

I typically play later in the day so I have not played much in the morning to test the waterproofing.  I used to play early in the morning and having wet feet stinks.    

  • Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I am notoriously hard to fit for shoes. I've tried all of the Adidas and Footjoy offerings, as well as some Puma and Under Armor, and nothing fits. I bought two pairs of Skechers and they are great. One pair of fabric and one waterproof leather and the fit is great and they are comfortable, with no break-in. Not saying everyone will be as happy with them as I am, but they fit my freaky gunboats just fine.  

  • Like 1

ksted

  • driver: Ping G410 plus
  • 3 wood: Ping G400
  • 5 wood: Ping G400
  • hybrid: Cobra F8
  • irons: Ping G400 4-gw
  • wedges: Ping G400 U 50, Cleveland RTX4 56, Zipcore 60
  • putter: Evnroll ER2
  • balls:  Srixon Q Star Tour/Titleist Tour Soft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, mikeanthony said:

Not really committed to any one specific shoe brand ... I’ll say I’ve owned more pairs of Adidas golf shoes over the last 15-20 years, but I’ve owned all the big brands at some time or another. 

On a whim, ordered these sweet looking kicks today ... it’ll be my first foray into Skechers golf. Got the white/aqua  

Does anyone have a pair? How are they? 

C793EB24-6DFD-4169-865E-B0423D123B7A.gif

I use to have some. Felt great as far as light and comfort. I just preferred a little more stability type  feel during my swing. Guess that is kinda subjective as everyone has his/her preferences but I went back to FJ and/or Adidas models. Today I have Adidas spikeless and they doing well for me. But I will say the Sketchers were probably all things equal the best for walking an entire round. Again my discriminator was during my golf swing that I wanted the "feel" a certain way (feel torgue from ground up as I begin my backswing/downswing-transition). Probably has to do with the fact I learned to play in era with real steel spikes and I am use to "feeling" the ground resistance in my shoes/swing. Glad you like them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a pair and it's the most comfortable golf shoe I have. I have Adidas, FJ, Nike, Puma, and TruLinks on the rack with them.

Take Dead Aim

  • Like 1

Take Dead Aim

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 32"

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is all really good stuff, guys. I appreciate it. Started this thread back on July 12th, the same day I ordered my shoes ... and I STILL haven’t rcvd them as of yet. Current expected delivery date is this Tuesday. 🙄 

I did try a different pair of Skechers while at Dicks earlier in the week. While they weren’t the specific pair I ordered, it was one of their similar GOGOLF premium styles and they def felt really nice, light and snug. I’m a 12.5 and stores rarely, if at all, carry 12.5s in stock. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried them but they weren't as comfortable as my FJ Superlites.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not me, but my youngest daughter is on her third pair of Skechers.

  • Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been wearing Sketchers shoes for about 2 years now. The ones I wear are not Sketchers Golf shoes. More of an athletic - walking type of shoe I guess they are. I buy them at the Sketchers Outlet store. They are a flat sole. No cleats, spikes, lugs, etc.

I used to think that only a "golf" specific shoe would work for me. Ha! But one day I decided to wear my Sketchers and loved them on the course. I buy these Sketchers for about $40/pair. Now... the course and courses where I normally play are dry and fairly flat. These shoes I wear wouldn't be good in a wet climate. But they work for me.  A bonus is they are green friendly. Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

  • Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

                                                                               :755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

                                                                                :edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

I agree. I'm wearing FJ DNA's with the PINS cleat system. There are very limited cleats available or this system. The cleats I have in them now leave marks all over the greens. It's embarrassing. 😳

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are the Skechers I am playing golf in these days.  They are light weight, comfortable and spikeless.  I will probably buy the same when these wear out.  Of course I have at least 12 pair of shoes and really should swap them out more than I do, it's just when I find some I like I pretty well wear them out instead of rotating.  lol

 

SKECHERS GO GOLF ELITE V.3 LX SPIKELESS GOLF SHOES - CHARCOAL/RED ...

  • Like 2

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Speed
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X   5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2   54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope
Ball -  :taylormade-small: Tour Response Stripe

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

I've been wearing Sketchers shoes for about 2 years now. The ones I wear are not Sketchers Golf shoes. More of an athletic - walking type of shoe I guess they are. I buy them at the Sketchers Outlet store. They are a flat sole. No cleats, spikes, lugs, etc.

I used to think that only a "golf" specific shoe would work for me. Ha! But one day I decided to wear my Sketchers and loved them on the course. I buy these Sketchers for about $40/pair. Now... the course and courses where I normally play are dry and fairly flat. These shoes I wear wouldn't be good in a wet climate. But they work for me.  A bonus is they are green friendly. Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

Ha. Very true ... and it’s interesting you brought that up because I don’t think a lot of golfers notice that. A good buddy of mine has a bit of a ‘shuffle his feet gait’ ... and he wears the Adidas flat soled golf shoes so that he doesn’t tear up the greens. 

And I don’t think it’s so much as the soft spikes, as it is more of the little nubs that are causing that. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

These are the Skechers I am playing golf in these days.  They are light weight, comfortable and spikeless.  I will probably buy the same when these wear out.  Of course I have at least 12 pair of shoes and really should swap them out more than I do, it's just when I find some I like I pretty well wear them out instead of rotating.  lol

 

SKECHERS GO GOLF ELITE V.3 LX SPIKELESS GOLF SHOES - CHARCOAL/RED ...

Those are really nice. 👌🏼 

Bet you wear them on Saturdays during the Fall with black shorts and bright red shirt ... ehh? 😉 

  • Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: :ping-small:  G425 (5-PW) 

Wedges: :ping-small:  Glide 3.0 50* :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Those are really nice. 👌🏼 

Bet you wear them on Saturdays during the Fall with black shorts and bright red shirt ... ehh? 😉 

Go Dawgs!!!

  • Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Speed
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X   5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2   54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope
Ball -  :taylormade-small: Tour Response Stripe

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m on my third pair of Skechers. As a matter of fact my first pair are seeing limited service as yard mowing shoes, my second set have been down graded to work shoes if I have to be out in the rain.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 1

 

Driver:      :taylormade-small:  SIM2 Max 9° -2° on Fujikura VENTUS Blue 5S

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190 5w  On Fujikura VENTUS Blue 6s

                     :ping-small:  G425MAX 7w  Flat on Project X Hzrdus Yellow 

                     :ping-small:  G425MAX  9w  Flat on Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:     :ping-small:  G425MAX  6 H and 7H Flat on UST ProForce V2 

Irons:     :benhogan-small: ICON Black 7-P on UST Recoil SmacWrap 760

Wedges: :benhogan-small: Equalizer II Black 50°, 54° & 60° on UST Recoil SmacWrap 760

Putter:    :EVNROLL: ER5B

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  

Range Finder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...