TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone Wearing Skechers?

mikeanthony

Not really committed to any one specific shoe brand ... I’ll say I’ve owned more pairs of Adidas golf shoes over the last 15-20 years, but I’ve owned all the big brands at some time or another. 

On a whim, ordered these sweet looking kicks today ... it’ll be my first foray into Skechers golf. Got the white/aqua  

Does anyone have a pair? How are they? 

C793EB24-6DFD-4169-865E-B0423D123B7A.gif

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

I used to have a pair of Sketchers golf shoes and they were fine.  They were ugly but they were fairly comfortable and were durable.  IMO, Sketchers makes fine golf shoes but theyre just fine.  It seems like everything they make is ugly but if you like the style, Im sure they will be fine.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I purchased a pair earlier this season and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I own.  There was absolutely no "break in" period for me.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

13 hours ago, ZenGolfer said:

I used to have a pair of Sketchers golf shoes and they were fine.  They were ugly but they were fairly comfortable and were durable.  IMO, Sketchers makes fine golf shoes but theyre just fine.  It seems like everything they make is ugly but if you like the style, Im sure they will be fine.

Lol. Alright ... fine. 😆 But these kicks looks pretty sweet, IMO. 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

2 hours ago, mooremikea said:

I purchased a pair earlier this season and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I own.  There was absolutely no "break in" period for me.  

I’m an early morning golfer here in SC and it’s always humid and wet, especially if it’s cart path only on a few holes and having to traverse through wet roughs ... hope these hold up like the reviews have said. 

Also like that they’re extremely light shoes as well. 

image.png

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Lol. Alright ... fine. 😆 But these kicks looks pretty sweet, IMO. 

Hey, if you like them, thats all that matters.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

21 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

I’m an early morning golfer here in SC and it’s always humid and wet, especially if it’s cart path only on a few holes and having to traverse through wet roughs ... hope these hold up like the reviews have said. 

Also like that they’re extremely light shoes as well. 

I typically play later in the day so I have not played much in the morning to test the waterproofing.  I used to play early in the morning and having wet feet stinks.    

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

• 2 weeks later...

I am notoriously hard to fit for shoes. I've tried all of the Adidas and Footjoy offerings, as well as some Puma and Under Armor, and nothing fits. I bought two pairs of Skechers and they are great. One pair of fabric and one waterproof leather and the fit is great and they are comfortable, with no break-in. Not saying everyone will be as happy with them as I am, but they fit my freaky gunboats just fine.  

ksted

• driver: Ping G410 plus
  • 3 wood: Ping G400
  • 5 wood: Ping G400
  • hybrid: Cobra F8
  • irons: Ping G400 4-gw
  • wedges: Ping G400 U 50, Cleveland RTX4 56, Zipcore 60
  • putter: Evnroll ER2
  • balls:  Srixon Q Star Tour/Titleist Tour Soft

On 7/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, mikeanthony said:

Not really committed to any one specific shoe brand ... I’ll say I’ve owned more pairs of Adidas golf shoes over the last 15-20 years, but I’ve owned all the big brands at some time or another. 

On a whim, ordered these sweet looking kicks today ... it’ll be my first foray into Skechers golf. Got the white/aqua  

Does anyone have a pair? How are they? 

C793EB24-6DFD-4169-865E-B0423D123B7A.gif

I use to have some. Felt great as far as light and comfort. I just preferred a little more stability type  feel during my swing. Guess that is kinda subjective as everyone has his/her preferences but I went back to FJ and/or Adidas models. Today I have Adidas spikeless and they doing well for me. But I will say the Sketchers were probably all things equal the best for walking an entire round. Again my discriminator was during my golf swing that I wanted the "feel" a certain way (feel torgue from ground up as I begin my backswing/downswing-transition). Probably has to do with the fact I learned to play in era with real steel spikes and I am use to "feeling" the ground resistance in my shoes/swing. Glad you like them. 

I have a pair and it's the most comfortable golf shoe I have. I have Adidas, FJ, Nike, Puma, and TruLinks on the rack with them.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

This is all really good stuff, guys. I appreciate it. Started this thread back on July 12th, the same day I ordered my shoes ... and I STILL haven’t rcvd them as of yet. Current expected delivery date is this Tuesday. 🙄 

I did try a different pair of Skechers while at Dicks earlier in the week. While they weren’t the specific pair I ordered, it was one of their similar GOGOLF premium styles and they def felt really nice, light and snug. I’m a 12.5 and stores rarely, if at all, carry 12.5s in stock. 

image.png

I tried them but they weren't as comfortable as my FJ Superlites.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not me, but my youngest daughter is on her third pair of Skechers.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I've been wearing Sketchers shoes for about 2 years now. The ones I wear are not Sketchers Golf shoes. More of an athletic - walking type of shoe I guess they are. I buy them at the Sketchers Outlet store. They are a flat sole. No cleats, spikes, lugs, etc.

I used to think that only a "golf" specific shoe would work for me. Ha! But one day I decided to wear my Sketchers and loved them on the course. I buy these Sketchers for about $40/pair. Now... the course and courses where I normally play are dry and fairly flat. These shoes I wear wouldn't be good in a wet climate. But they work for me.  A bonus is they are green friendly. Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

2 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

I agree. I'm wearing FJ DNA's with the PINS cleat system. There are very limited cleats available or this system. The cleats I have in them now leave marks all over the greens. It's embarrassing. 😳

These are the Skechers I am playing golf in these days.  They are light weight, comfortable and spikeless.  I will probably buy the same when these wear out.  Of course I have at least 12 pair of shoes and really should swap them out more than I do, it's just when I find some I like I pretty well wear them out instead of rotating.  lol

SKECHERS GO GOLF ELITE V.3 LX SPIKELESS GOLF SHOES - CHARCOAL/RED ...

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

3 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

I've been wearing Sketchers shoes for about 2 years now. The ones I wear are not Sketchers Golf shoes. More of an athletic - walking type of shoe I guess they are. I buy them at the Sketchers Outlet store. They are a flat sole. No cleats, spikes, lugs, etc.

I used to think that only a "golf" specific shoe would work for me. Ha! But one day I decided to wear my Sketchers and loved them on the course. I buy these Sketchers for about $40/pair. Now... the course and courses where I normally play are dry and fairly flat. These shoes I wear wouldn't be good in a wet climate. But they work for me.  A bonus is they are green friendly. Modern golf shoes with cleats/spikes are horrible on the greens. Worse IMO than even old metal spikes ever were.

Ha. Very true ... and it’s interesting you brought that up because I don’t think a lot of golfers notice that. A good buddy of mine has a bit of a ‘shuffle his feet gait’ ... and he wears the Adidas flat soled golf shoes so that he doesn’t tear up the greens. 

And I don’t think it’s so much as the soft spikes, as it is more of the little nubs that are causing that. 

image.png

23 minutes ago, DawgDaddy said:

These are the Skechers I am playing golf in these days.  They are light weight, comfortable and spikeless.  I will probably buy the same when these wear out.  Of course I have at least 12 pair of shoes and really should swap them out more than I do, it's just when I find some I like I pretty well wear them out instead of rotating.  lol

Those are really nice. 👌🏼 

Bet you wear them on Saturdays during the Fall with black shorts and bright red shirt ... ehh? 😉 

image.png

15 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Those are really nice. 👌🏼 

Bet you wear them on Saturdays during the Fall with black shorts and bright red shirt ... ehh? 😉 

Go Dawgs!!!

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I’m on my third pair of Skechers. As a matter of fact my first pair are seeing limited service as yard mowing shoes, my second set have been down graded to work shoes if I have to be out in the rain.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I bought a pair at the beginning of the year. First wearing yesterday, and I have to say I may never go back to spike's again. Comfortable, and light.

Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I have two pair now and wore the previous pair out. They are all i wear for the last 3-4 years. Very comfortable. Great for walking which i do a lot. But for me, most importantly, they fit. Only a few footjoys will fit me and few other brands in any style fit correctly.

Im a 13 wide and thats the issue in most cases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

9 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

I bought these same shoes a few years ago, same color.  I wore them for almost two seasons and they still look good, but the soles are wearing out; grip is not very good anymore when the grass is wet.  I would probably get them again after I wear out my pair of True Linkswear.

I also ordered a pair of Skechers Go Walk Evolution slip-on sneakers from Amazon for walking. $42.  I ordered the same size as my golf shoes (12), but had to exchange them for 11.5.  Very comfortable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Finally got my shoes delivered ... and my first impressions right out of the box are very good. Clean lines, classic look with just the right amount of black and aqua/blue to give them a fashionable look. 

One negative is that I do prefer a more low profile and minimalist look with my shoes ... whereas these make me feel as if the bottom of my feet are further from the ground compared to my current Nikes and Adidas. 

The fit is VERY snug, and I’m not saying that in a bad way, I mean that in extremely comfortable way. The shoes hug my feet well and I already know that I can walk 18 or even 36 and my feet would still feet great after doing so. 

See how they hold up on the course and the morning dew here in SC. 

4167B88C-DD32-41A9-A948-16CD0CA78BF7.jpeg

image.png

I have a pair that I’ve had for a while...extremely comfortable

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 month later...

I am definitely not a person who usually sticks with one brand of shoes. I started this year with a pair of Ecco, True Linkswear and Sketchers. The True was very comfortable and had decent tread but did not hold up. The Eccos were extremely comfortable but in my mind did not give me the traction I needed as dew sweeper in Massachusetts. The Sketchers have been the best of the bunch as far as traction and are almost as comfortable as the Eccos. My golf game has picked up this year so I wanted more traction so I went with a spiked shoe to complement the Sketchers. I have nothing bad to say about the sketchers. They are comfortable and grip as well as any spineless shoe I have ever used.

Mitchell Heller            

All lefty

Taylormade Stealth Plus - KBS TD 50 gram Regular flex. Sometimes Autoflex 405

Taylormade Stealth 3HL Fairway wood - Ventus Red Regular flex

Taylormade Stealth 4 and 5 hybrid Ventus Red Regular Flex

PXG 28 degree hybrid KBS TGI 70 Regular flex

Taylormade P790 6,7,8,9,P 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex

Taylormade MG3 50  and 54 degree 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex          Taylormade MG 60 degree - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Shaft

LAB MEZZ 1 putter

OnCore ELIXR 2020

Forgot to mention the style I have is the Mojo Elite with the sole exactly the same as the picture in Mikeanthony's post

Mitchell Heller            

All lefty

Taylormade Stealth Plus - KBS TD 50 gram Regular flex. Sometimes Autoflex 405

Taylormade Stealth 3HL Fairway wood - Ventus Red Regular flex

Taylormade Stealth 4 and 5 hybrid Ventus Red Regular Flex

PXG 28 degree hybrid KBS TGI 70 Regular flex

Taylormade P790 6,7,8,9,P 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex

Taylormade MG3 50  and 54 degree 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex          Taylormade MG 60 degree - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Shaft

LAB MEZZ 1 putter

OnCore ELIXR 2020

On my 3rd pair over the last five seasons. Most comfortable shoes I own. I try to have two pair. One white one chocolate. That way I have options.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

IMG_4162.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Yes, my favorite and most comfortable pair.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star